• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Joleen & Kenneth's PJ&TR-6/7/08 Lcl Wed & Disneymoon-Updtd 9/21 Honeymoon ROCKS On!

Yesterday I called and extended our Honeymoon to 9 days. We are doing a resort hop, but I am so excited about it. I decided what the heck and decided to splurge a little. I mean it is our honeymoon. I am going to try to abreviate as much as possible in case DH decides to read over my shoulder one night. I booked CR tower MK view for two nights. We should be able to see the FW's from our room!! I'm so stoked! Now if I can only keep it from him until we are there! I've only told him I have a suprise for the resort hop and a good one!

I can't wait only 1 month 13 days to go!!! Whooo HOOOO!!! :cool1:

The only bad part is I am sooo sick right now. I can't stop coughing and my nose is well you can imagine. I'm glad it's now and not a month and 13 days from now!

OH! Very exciting! What a nice surprise for your DF!:goodvibes:

I really hope he loves it as much as I want him too. I am also looking into the Richard Petty Driving Experience for him as it will be Father's Day while we are there and his birthday is the Friday after we get back. I am just having a hard time trying to find the website to price it all out!

I need your help ladies!!

How did you word your rehersal invitations if you did them? I am having a hard time thinking of the wording that should be on them. I bought do it yourself invitations for the rehersal. I'm trying to save myself some money somewhere!!

Thanks for any guidance you can give me!!

I know all you fellow brides out there know just what I'm going through. I'm stressing out big time! I have so much to do, but I have also done so much! I am in the process of loading pictures as I type to load in some posts so you can see all we are having at our wedding. I have made the favors, printed the rehersal invitations, printed the programs, bought all the thank you presents, I hope I have bought all we will need for the wedding and reception. :scared1:

The funny thing is, I wasn't really to terribly stressed until I woke up yesterday morning and realized it was no more week away. I had a complete meltdown. My poor DH. Thankfully I had a chiropractic appointment yesterday evening which included a massage :worship: just what I needed!

All of you ladies have seemed to cope with the stress so beautifully and I just feel like a bridezilla. :faint:

DH and I have lists all over the house of things we need to do for either the wedding or the Disneymoon. We honestly can't wait. We are counting down to the honeymoon more than the wedding. We just want to be on our way to DW!! :hug:

Oh the pictures are done loading to the computer. I'll be right back to post more after I get them to photobucket! :)

Ok, so I have all the pictures ready finally!

Where to start? No idea so I'll just post and comment as I go.

The wedding favors. My DH and I started about 9 am on my birthday (May 24) folding the boxes and filling with confetti. Then my mom came over and helped finish folding the boxed while I stuffed with the chocolates and mints, then finished off with a bow and a personalized tag.

CopyofPictures461.jpg

CopyofPictures462.jpg

CopyofPictures460.jpg

This is all 100 of them ready to go to the church!

CopyofPictures459.jpg

What next?? Hmm ok the bubbles and rice bags maybe?

I still can't decide if I should put personalized name labels on these to match the favors or not. I think I have run out of time for that!

CopyofPictures473.jpg

My mom made me these two samples of the rice bags for my shower.

CopyofPictures474.jpg

Ok, next maybe ummm the cake knife.

CopyofPictures484.jpg

Pictures continued.....

The Unity Candle

CopyofPictures469.jpg

Pictures468.jpg

Ring Pillow

Pictures470.jpg

Flower Girl Basket

CopyofPictures471.jpg

Garter Set

CopyofPictures475.jpg

Keepsake Box

CopyofPictures487.jpg

Isle Runner

CopyofPictures488.jpg

Tiara - I hadn't originally planned on wearing a tiara, but my mom bought me one for a bridal shower present so I am going to wear one now! It actually matched the beading on my dress quite well. :)

CopyofPictures472.jpg

continued....

Pictures of the presents for the bridal party. I didn't get a chance to take pictures of what we got for our parents, but they were more sentamental anyway. I also don't have pictures of the rehersal invitations or the wedding programs. I'll have to take them tonight!

Bridesmaids bracelets - I also got them gift cards to Starbucks (our Fav! and they are really cute because they are in a small starbucks cup with tissue paper around them.) I need to take pictures of that too!

CopyofPictures467.jpg

Flowergirl braclet

CopyofPictures465.jpg

Groomsmen Engraved Pens

CopyofPictures464.jpg

Oh and I had to throw in this picture of DH cheesin! He's really excited for the trip and wearing one of the kids ears teasing me. LOL got him!

Pictures458.jpg

So, those are all my new pictures for now. Let me know what you think!

Today is crazy too. I can't believe it, but I'm actually stressing about what I might forget.

Is there anything you guys forgot and could give me advice to plan well not to forget?

Everything will be fine in the end just remember the most important thing about the day is you and your DH will be married! relax, breathe and enjoy! I wish you a beautiful day and a lifetime of happiness!:goodvibes

Hi There!

I just wanted to say, i know what you are going through! I'm getting married on Saturday too!!

Hang in there, we'll make it! (and i'm sure i'm a bridezilla too, so you definately aren't alone!)

I know everything will work out! Just relax and enjoy yourself!

Everything will be fine in the end just remember the most important thing about the day is you and your DH will be married! relax, breathe and enjoy! I wish you a beautiful day and a lifetime of happiness!:goodvibes

Thank you! You are so right! I guess I just need to be reminded not to sweat it so much.

Hi There!

I just wanted to say, i know what you are going through! I'm getting married on Saturday too!!

Hang in there, we'll make it! (and i'm sure i'm a bridezilla too, so you definately aren't alone!)

Hey, thanks for the support! :hug: We are going to make if through for sure!

Congratulations on your wedding!!

I just keep saying I can't wait until the Honeymoon!

I know everything will work out! Just relax and enjoy yourself!

Hey Keira!

Thanks for reminding me to relax. DH keeps saying that too. He can't understand why I am stressing so much, but it helps to hear it from other women who are going through the same thing!

Just a few more days now!

:goodvibes Everything will be wonderful! pixiedust: Send some pixiedust your way!

Looking forward to hearing all about it!

:goodvibes Everything will be wonderful! pixiedust: Send some pixiedust your way!

Looking forward to hearing all about it!

Thank you so much! Today is a better day. Thank you for the pixie dust!

Your wedding is so soon too! I bet you are getting excited. :goodvibes

Well today is my last day at work before the big day! :banana: DH & his groomsmen got their tux's yesterday and everyone's now fits with some minor alterations. My oldest DS's jacket didn't fit and they had to reorder but they were able to do it in a days turnaround so no big deal. My DH keeps asking me why I'm so calm about the tux's but crazy about other things. LOL I tell him because the tux's are his deal and I'm completely out of that part! :rolleyes1

To be honest I'm finding it so hard to concentrate today! I want to be home organizing and obsessing about the wedding. LOL I just can't wait!

Sorry for the delay in updating my PJ with my WEDDING and honeymoon TR! At any rate I'm here and it's time to get going with it!

The night before the wedding was the rehearsal at 6 and the rehearsal dinner at 7pm. We got to the church around 4:30 to start setting up for tomorrow. We cleared the stage of the musical equipment, vacuumed, and organized everything. We tried to set up most of the tables for the reception and some of the decor. We didn't set up the candles because we didn't want them to melt overnight. We had a bit of a glitch when the preacher couldn't make it. Luckily a lot of the wedding parties were married and could help us out with the process. I got to wear my shoes though which was fun! The dinner was great. Just being able to relax with family and friends and take a break from the stress was awesome. We went home and packed up the car as best we could and finished packing for our honeymoon and completely crashed!

The wedding was absolutely beautiful. There were some glitches, but all in all I think I pulled off the best wedding I could have with $5,000 for everything including my dress!

I woke up June 7th ready to get going. Since we had packed up most of the car the night before but we loaded the candles into my car and I had DH take the chocolate favors to the church for me. I had a 9 am appointment at Nordstroms with the Lancome counter. I was very hesitant about this appointment. I had wanted Mac or someone else, but they were fully booked and I really wanted someone else to do my make up. I shouldn't have been worried because they did a beautiful job. Next I was getting my hair done at Toni & Guy just down the mall from Nordstroms. They were great too. They did a beautiful job as well and did exactly what I wanted. They put my veil and tiara on for me and pinned it all down pretty good.

It was about 11 am when it all got done and my wedding was at 3pm. :scared1: I had to get to the church soon and help finish getting everything set up right and just like I wanted it. When I got to the church, we spent the next hour and a half getting things together and avoiding DH seeing me!

My bridesmaids and I all got ready in a back room of the church, coincidentally vacation bible school was to start the next day so the extra colorful background is from that.

I have lots of pictures, so I'll post them and the slide show as well. Then I'll start the Disneymoon TR!! Enjoy!

DH looking spiffy before I got to the church

KennethWeddingjpg.jpg

Our photographer took the groomsmen to of all things a grocery store to take pictures. They actually came out great.

GuysattheStore3jpg.jpg

GuysattheStore2jpg.jpg

DH getting some friendly advice

AlltheguyswithKennethjpg.jpg

Grandpa and DS9

GrandpaGagejpg.jpg

DS6 & DS4

JohnKevinjpg.jpg

Getting me dressed!

GettingReadyjpg.jpg

Me posing

Isittimeyetjpg.jpg

Me & all my girls

MeMyGirls2jpg.jpg

Me & Maid of Honor

MeNancyjpg.jpg

Me & My Mom

MeMom2jpg.jpg

Me & Little Sis

MeHunterjpg.jpg

Me & My Niece & Flowergirl

MeAlyssajpg.jpg

Bridesmaid and I ready to go!

MeMyGirlsShowTimejpg.jpg

The girls about to walk down the isle

TheGirlsEntrancejpg.jpg

Ring bearer ( & DS4)

JohnBearAlyssajpg.jpg

Flower girl

Alyssa2jpg.jpg

Here I come!

MeDadjpg.jpg

Our Preacher asking the boys for their blessings and a prayer for our new family.

UsTheBoysjpg.jpg

Saying our vows

Sayingourvowsjpg.jpg

All the men.

Theboysonstagejpg.jpg

Continued in next post.

My Girls again

Theladiesonstagejpg.jpg

Our Victory Lap

VictoryLapjpg-1.jpg

Second try

VictoryLap2jpg.jpg

The girls and I

MeGirlsStairsjpg.jpg

The wedding party

TheBridalPartyjpg.jpg

Bridal pic's

MePianojpg.jpg

MePiano2jpg.jpg

Daddy Daughter Dance

DaddyDaughterDancejpg.jpg

Our first dance

UsVictoryDancejpg.jpg

MOH watching

Nancyjpg.jpg

MOH & BM

NancySondosjpg.jpg

BM & her DH

SondosPatrickjpg.jpg

Us and the leaning tower of piza cake!

UsTheCakesjpg.jpg

Did he eat the entire strawberry? Well pretty much!

Didheeatthatwholestrawberryjpg.jpg

The garder

TheGarderjpg.jpg

Who caught the bouquet?

The Flowergirl did!

MeAlyssa2jpg.jpg

Me relaxing

MeIntheChairjpg.jpg

DH watching me

Kennethjpg.jpg

Our Exit

OurExit2jpg.jpg

Last kiss for the crowd

AKissfortheRoad2jpg.jpg

Bye!!

Herewegojpg.jpg

(We actually didn't leave yet. We changed clothes and helped pick up a bit and were on our way to DISNEY World)

Me & DH's Granny!

MeGrannyjpg.jpg

Link to slideshow!

http://www.jimrode.com/Joleen/

Up next our amazing honeymoon begins!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter