Joleen & Kenneth's PJ&TR-6/7/08 Lcl Wed & Disneymoon-Updtd 9/21 Honeymoon ROCKS On!

If you haven't checked out Hot Chocolates in Hurst yet for cakes, they're totally worth the drive! ~$2.50 per slice, super moist & tasty, and they can create anything. The website is www.hotchocolates.net.

What other vendors are you still looking for?

I contacted Hot Chocolates and they are all booked up for June 7th. :sad2: Oh well. I have found a place in Plano that will make the cake for $3.00 per slice, but they don't have all the flavors Hot Chocolates did! Although they did say they can imitate any design I bring to them. Now I just have to figure out what that is. :rolleyes1

Sadly I think I had just given up hope on ever finding "the one" and getting married once I hit about 29. So I haven't thought about weddings or cakes etc in a few years and definately not in detail! I'm just glad I have you guys to talk to or I'd be completely LOST!!!

Florists!!! And a good one that's not to expensive! I know it's like a shot in the dark, but I'm still hoping. :goodvibes

How much are you wanting to spend, and for what? Feel free to PM me if you don't want to post it here. I've got a few people that I've heard good things about... our florist isn't too expensive, but also isn't cheap, but it all depends on what, exactly, you're looking for. :)

How much are you wanting to spend, and for what? Feel free to PM me if you don't want to post it here. I've got a few people that I've heard good things about... our florist isn't too expensive, but also isn't cheap, but it all depends on what, exactly, you're looking for. :)

I PM'd you!

Your gown is very pretty,I love the cap sleeves :). The MOH dress is very nice too.:)

Oh and you invitation's are so pretty,I love the wording.

Your gown is very pretty,I love the cap sleeves :). The MOH dress is very nice too.:)

Oh and you invitation's are so pretty,I love the wording.

Thank you!!! You know always worry about our decisions for the wedding. I'm just soooo glad I can come on here and talk about them with you ladies! :)

A funny story on the invitation wording. I looked at several and they just didn't quite do it for me, so I took what I liked from about 3 and combined them until I got what I wanted! The lady at the invitation shop thought I'd come up with it myself, but I had to confess. She laughed and said I still got credit for it because no one had done it before they had always picked one of the one's they offered most of the time or brought in their wording completely done already. I blame it on not knowing what in the world I was doing and just knowing what I like and what I don't! :thumbsup2

Oh and your wedding is getting so close!!! I bet you are getting so excited and anxious all at the same time! I can't wait to hear all about it!

The cake tasting went well. I ended up liking the one I thought I would but one other suprised me. I love strawberries so no suprise I loved that filling, but one I tried on a whim and loved.....was lemon! I'm not a big lemon fan either, but it seemed to bring out the flavor in the cake. The bakery said they could make any cake I wanted shape and style wise if I brought in a picture. I'm still not sold on the place yet, but they need minimal notice, so I have time to look around. I can't believe it's coming so close to the wire now.

On top of all the wedding planning, we had a big storm blow through last week and there are all kinds of shingles blown off my roof. The insurance adjuster came out and told us that we didn't need a new roof, it only needed to be patched! :confused: Ummm if shingles are flying off my roof everywhere (he said I'm missing about 5 whole shingles and 30 particals) would that not indicate a bigger issue? Grrrr I guess I'll patch it for now, because I sure don't have a roof at my expense in my budget along with all my wedding non-budgeted expenses.

Oh I also ordered an personalized aisle runner for our wedding. It has his name and mine and the wedding date on it. When I got it, they had spelled my name wrong!! I was not happy. It took a week of e-mailing and calls to finally get an answer today that the vendor will be sending me a new one! :) Truthfully as long as it's here before the wedding I'm okay, but who want's to sweat one more thing?

I have also ordered personalized mini chocolate bars with our names and the date on them to put in favor boxes I am going to make. (note to self...take pictures of all this so the ladies can see what you are talking about) I also ordered those buttercream mints for them. The daunting part will be tying all those bows perfectly. I am so going to enlist my MOH and mom to help me on those. I can handle the printing of the name tags to go on them, but I'm really not as creative as they are. I'm blessed to have them to help me.

Oh, I also ordered a personalized unity candle and cake knife. (Man it seems like I ordered a lot of things personalized, but they were only a few dollars more to have our names on it and I figured why not, it's our day) They both came in better than I thought and way better than the pictures on line.

What else???? Oh the bridal shop called last night and my FG basked and RB pillow are in! Yay 3 weeks early!

I go today to interview a florist. This will be interesting. Wish me luck!!

Oh yeah my favorite thing this week! We are going to get our engagement pictures done Friday! It's going to be so great! The photographer is so different I can't wait. I love that we are going to have something so unique. I mean if I can't have my dream wedding at Disney, I can at least have something extra special with this part of the wedding. :cheer2:

I feel like I'm rambling. I'll post more pictures tonight or tomorrow.

Any luck with the florist yet? I have a few more names I can PM to you, they came highly recommended to me, although I personally had iffy experiences with both...

Any luck with the florist yet? I have a few more names I can PM to you, they came highly recommended to me, although I personally had iffy experiences with both...

I e-mailed the one you sent me and they said they would get back to me with a quote, but that was Wednesday. The other florist I met with was willing to work with my budget, but I had to not put any mini calla's in my brides maid's bouquets and add in mini carnations to fill. Which would be okay. I mean I would be alright with it, but I would rather have exactly what I want with in my budget if possible. You know?

Thanks for all your help by the way! :hug:

I e-mailed the one you sent me and they said they would get back to me with a quote, but that was Wednesday. The other florist I met with was willing to work with my budget, but I had to not put any mini calla's in my brides maid's bouquets and add in mini carnations to fill. Which would be okay. I mean I would be alright with it, but I would rather have exactly what I want with in my budget if possible. You know?

Thanks for all your help by the way! :hug:

If Bryna's quote comes back high, give her the price you want to stick with and ask her what she can do... her shop doesn't use "cheap" flowers like carnations, etc, so you might end up with something a bit closer to what you want...

(I have nothing against carnations, but I did have a strong preference against using them... )

I have so much to do, but so much done now.

DH & I went and picked out Tux's for him and his groomsmen. While we were there he talks me into not just having one of our boys in the wedding but now all 4!!! :scared1: (secretly adding that up in my head as he talks) His boys will stand on his side and mine on my side. I do agree that it does make more symbolic sense, but the penny pincher in me screams, HOLY COW, do you know how much money that is!!! So after a brief freak out I came back to my senses and the realility that this is a once in a lifetime event and it definately would make it more complete if all the boys were involved in it with us.:thumbsup2

This is the Groomsmen and the boys tux's. They match my BM's dress's.

GroomsmenBoysTux.jpg

This is my DH's Tux to match mine.

KennethsTux.jpg

I've gotten two bids on the flowers. One is about $125 higher than the other one, but no carnations in that bid. Both are more than I wanted to spend. I'm not sure which way to go here. If I go with the one I want I will spend about $170 more than budgeted. Not a big deal by itself, but with the tux's and ....and.... and..lol. I know you ladies know exactly what I'm talking about. Since we have to pay for any overages. It makes a big difference to us.

We got our engagement pictures taken. By far the best spent money so far! We added this to our wedding package to entice our photographer to do our smaller wedding when he could have made a lot more on a bigger wedding. Boy and I glad we did. The first time he posted the slide show he did it with a song he picked that I personally liked, but DH did not love. He didn't hate it, but didn't feel it was us. I understood, so we send him a song and he gladly accomidated us. Not to mention the first time DH's name was misspelled which I found humorous as my name is always getting misspelled on things. DH was not amused so I laughed to myself! :lmao:

I'll post both links. The first link is the finished product. The second is the first pass. I just love how he makes the colors pop! I can't wait for our wedding pictures. My family and our friends have loved, loved, loved these.

www.jimrode.com/MyHeart

www.JimRode.com/Sunrise

I've got so much more to tell you guys! I need to take some pictures of some things so you will know what I'm talking about first though. I promise promise promise to get that done this week.

You would think the drama would come from the Bride's side of the wedding! Ummm nope not this time. :mad: This is a bit of a rant...so I'll appologize in advance. :flower3: My DH and one of his groomsmen are no longer friends so he's down a groomsmen. Umm okay? We are less than 2 months away from the wedding. He's got to find another one!!! Then his BM and DH went today to get BM fitted for his tux. BM all of the sudden flips out because he has to pay for his own tux? He apparently thinks that we are suppose to pay for all the groomsmens tux's. WHAT???? Are you kidding me? My BM's have managed to pay for their dresses. Well all except for one, but that's a long story for another rant! The BM told my DH if we didn't pay for his tux he wasn't going to be in the wedding! Can you believe that? I mean I have heard of paying for the tux as a gift if you so choose to do so, but NEVER required. Now DH is rethinking have our children in the wedding at all to try and compensate for the cost and we are over budget etc etc etc. I'm fuming!! :headache: I can not believe that people are so self centered that they try to make a wedding that's not theirs about them!! Now we are back to arguing...I'm sorry I mean discussing....if the boys will be in the wedding at all and what they will wear etc. An agrument/discussion we settled a month ago!! Grrrrr!!! The bridezilla is about to come out in a very ugly way. It's to soon to the wedding for everything to start falling apart. I'd hate for DH to only have one person on his side at the wedding and me have 3. I mean in the end it would be fine because it's our day, but I don't want him to feel bad! I knew women could be petty, but wow, this is a 50 year old man!!

Okay, I'm done ranting. Thank you for listening! :rolleyes1

On the bright side, we are going to do a tasting tomorrow for our rehersal dinner. It's Italian food, which DH loves. My MOH is going with us, so it should be a lot of fun! My MOH has been very helpful with planning this dinner. She had to call about 10 places to find one that had an opening on the day we needed. You always think the beginning of June is not truly Wedding season yet. LOL :rotfl2: WRONG!!!

I keep telling myself we are almost there...and then....The HONEYMOON!!! (Come on honeymoon, come on honeymoon, come on honeymoon)

Wow, sounds like your DF has picked some very selfish friends...sorry for you both :sad2: Tux rentals are nothing compared to everything! But, I can relate - all the drama is coming from my DF's side too, my side just rolls with the punches!

I know the wedding stuff can be rough, but try to remember the magic! and...yum, italian food :love:

Hang in there!:grouphug:

Sorry for the drama! :hug: Dont know if this might help- I got all 3 of my boys tuxes on ebay-$75 for all three! We werent spending a fortune on what they wear- already got the youngest and it is priceless- so cute!

Have fun at your food tasting!

Your dress and your invitations are beautiful. So sorry for all the drama. Keep your head up and stick to your guns! And like lov2B said, I bet if you do some searching on ebay, etc. you might find a great deal on tuxes or suits for the boys.

Good luck :flower3:

Wow! That is pretty crazy. It almost goes without saying that you will pay for your own tux. I could understand him complaining about the price of the tux but not actually just paying for it in general. Annoying. Sorry for your drama :hug:

Wow! That is pretty crazy. It almost goes without saying that you will pay for your own tux. I could understand him complaining about the price of the tux but not actually just paying for it in general. Annoying. Sorry for your drama :hug:

Thanks for the support! I appreciate like you ladies could not know!

Your dress and your invitations are beautiful. So sorry for all the drama. Keep your head up and stick to your guns! And like lov2B said, I bet if you do some searching on ebay, etc. you might find a great deal on tuxes or suits for the boys.

Good luck :flower3:

Thank you so much for the compliments on my dress and invitations. Thanks for the encouragement I really appreciate it!! We are taking some of yours and lov2B's advice and looking into some black suits for the boys. (crossing fingers it will look nice)

Sorry for the drama! :hug: Dont know if this might help- I got all 3 of my boys tuxes on ebay-$75 for all three! We werent spending a fortune on what they wear- already got the youngest and it is priceless- so cute!

Have fun at your food tasting!

Thanks for the encouragement! I really needed it! We are going to look into EBay and maybe just buying some black suits they can wear again to church from Khol's or somewhere.

The tasting went well. We got to pick four dishes for our menu. This was great because we picked Spagetti for those who don't really eat Italian, Alfredo for those who don't eat red sauce, and then hubby picked a dish - manicotti (sorry for the spelling), and I picked a dish - combo platter - stuffed shell, lasanga, and manicotti (spelling again). All of these were either $6.95 or $7.95 a plate. Can you believe it? :cool1: So that went well. It's at a really small local place but no one's really going to care I don't think.

Wow, sounds like your DF has picked some very selfish friends...sorry for you both :sad2: Tux rentals are nothing compared to everything! But, I can relate - all the drama is coming from my DF's side too, my side just rolls with the punches!

I know the wedding stuff can be rough, but try to remember the magic! and...yum, italian food :love:

Hang in there!:grouphug:

Thanks for the support! He and I are both suprised at people's behavior. He is actually kind of thankful to see the true colors, that way he knows who is truly his friend and who was just for show.

The BM has chilled out a little. He has said, I guess times have changed since I got married etc. But IMO you say that ask questions etc...you don't go off on your best friend. But hey that's just me. LOL We'll see how it works out in the end. At this point he and I are on the same page. If worst comes to worst. We'll have his dad who is a GM and the boys on his side and my 3 BM's on my side. I don't think that will be to bad. Probably cute in pictures to have the family all up there and all the boys together etc. So we have decided to just roll with the punches and love our wedding no matter what happens!:yay:

This last week sure has been a busy one. My lovely MOH came over and helped me address all the invitations and then my DH helped put postage on them and the response envelopes a few days later. And on top of that, he mailed them all for me!! Yay DH! :cheer2: A minor vent though, why is it that no matter how many times you ask people for a list of invities, they some how forget 20 people until it's time to send them out and you are 7 invitations short of meeting this request? Oddly enough it was DH and his parents this time. Hmmm I'm sensing a trend here. LOL Oh well, crisis overted. I just went to Wal-Mart and bought some that resembled the original invitations, well kind of. I am going to print out 7 more and use them. The rest I am going to use as invitations to the rehersal dinner. I needed to get something to use for invites anyway! :cheer2: Yes that's right my new montra for this week is turning lemons into lemonade. LOL I know that this may change next week, but hey, I'm going to enjoy my new found hope while I can! We should start getting responses soon! I've asked for them all to be back by May 10th so I can order cake appropriately. Yes a pipe dream I know, but I think I should have a rough estimate.

I also went for my alteration fitting. I was lucky enough to find a dress that fit me perfectly.....except for the cap sleeves. So, I took it in this week and had them measure them to fix that. The alterations are to be ready by May 14th. :yay: My dress is a little bit long, but honestly it barley touches the floor and I just didn't see the point in paying $120 to hem it 1/4 of an inch. Please...I'll just pick it up when I need to and it will be fine the rest of the time. I'm not going with a bustle either. We are having such a basic reception. Just 2-3 songs and cake & punch etc. I didn't see the point. Yes I am a VERY frugal bride. I'm on a strict budget and I think I'm already going to end up somewhere about $700-$900 over budget. :scared1: Which DH & I have to pick up. So I'm looking to save money anyway I can!

I think we are going this week to try and find some black suits for the boys. They just are so cute in them. We have suits for them already, but as luck would have it, they don't match, and some of them are to small in one area or the other. So new suit time it is!

I need to start working on the wording of the rehersal invitations. How do you word them? Do you put both the location of the church and the restraunt? Or do you just put the church and say dinner to follow rehersal? My ettiquete is so bad on this stuff. I haven't been intimately involved in a wedding in a very long time.

My dear MOH has also volunteered to help with the favors in a few weeks. I have opted to go with some do it yourself options. Another reason I need a headcount! Right now I have enough for 75 but with DH & family adding so many at the last minute I think I'm going to have to buy more! Ummm yeah just got to keep my energy up and everything will be fine!

Only 1 month 16 days left! :dance3:

I think DH and I have decided to extend our honeymoon from 7 days to 9. It will probably mean a resort hope for the last two days. Anyone done this? Any suggestions? We are hoping some of our guests use the Disney Registry and help pay for our honeymoon so we can make those last two days at a deluxe like the rest of our trip but if not, we are not opposed to a moderate. Just wonder about how hard it is to switch etc. We will have our own car as we are driving down. LOL yes from Texas! :drive:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter