• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Joined DVC While At Hilton Head

ZerasPride

DVC Member Since 2001
We just got back last night from a wonderful 6 days at Hilton Head and became members on Sunday! I am so excited that all my hard work in getting my husband interested has paid off. He loved the laid back feel of the resort and I did not have to do any more coaxing him into the membership once we had spent a few days there. The Hilton Head resort is absolutely beautiful and I feel very fortunate to be able to call Hilton Head "home". We will probably vacation at Disney once every three or four years and I thought we would be planning our trip for next year to Disney but I don't think I can go too long without returning to my beloved Hilton Head home so next year's trip will be 10 days at Hilton Head. Even DS loved the resort. He said he loves it more than Disney!

I also wanted to take a moment and thank all of you wonderful DIS posters. Your insights into the club have helped my family make the best decision for us, so thank you again for being here to answer even silly little questions.

If anyone has any questions about the resort, activities, restaurants or anything else about the Resort, I'd be happy to answer. Again, we had a wonderful time and I can't wait to go back! It's so nice to know we'll be able to spend the next 40 years swinging in a rocking chair at Hilton Head!
:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Lisa

Congratulations! I'm sure you'll enjoy being a member. Welcome Home!

ZerasPride, Congratulations on your purchase, I am sure you will have no regrets the next 41 years.We are from Ohio also, and My brother lives in Brecksville (DVC member also). HH is very nice and not that far if you choose to drive there.Wait until you have the chance to see the other DVC Resorts, you will be equally as impressed. Welcome Home!!!!:D

Welcome Home !!!!

Sounds like you made a great choice. We also have points at HH in addition to OKW.

We like the fact that with the Shelter Cove Marina area you really hardly have to get in the car to go out to eat. We particularly enjoyed Scott's restaurant.

Congratulations on your purchase! I recently did an add-on at HH so I can be sure to get the summer months. Tell me, what was the weather like during your week there?

Welcome home. Same thing happened to some friends of ours from Massachusetts. Visited HH, and BAM! They joined out of the blue.:)

CONGRATULATIONS........AND WELCOME HOME

ROSmoviestar_lg.jpg

I appreciate all the "welcome homes" from you guys, it sure feels good to belong! Candace asked about the weather this time of year. It was in the low to mid-60's everyday and wonderful warm sunshine so it felt a bit warmer. We were able to go about during the day without overcoats except our last day it was a bit cooler but sunny nonetheless. I think the beginning of winter is a nice time to visit Hilton Head even though many things are closed down for the season. We can't wait to go back about this time again next year and then hopefully after that a summer trip.

Lisa

This post is kind of weird for me as i planned a trip to HH this Christmas to sell the wife on DVC but it didn't work out, so now I'm sitting at my desk, bored, at home, reading this, and my wife still refers to dvc as that timeshare thing. One of these days......

:( :( :(

Anyway, enough about that, congradulations and welcome home:jester:

I just had to respond to your post Mooses41. I know how you feel. It has taken me almost 2 years to convince my husband about DVC. He was totally against anything on property so I thought a compromise would work and he finally agreed to go to Hilton Head and check things out. I told him that this way I'd get what I wanted (DVC) and he'd get what he wants (peace, quiet, no characters and no commando-style touring). He was sold in the first couple of days. I hope you and your wife get a chance to make it to Hilton Head Island because if she sees the resort, she just might be sold on this "timeshare thing". I wish you all the best!

Lisa

Welcome home from a fellow Buckeye. We also bought on a HH on a trip with no intention to get involved in a "timeshare".:)

I can totally relate to your feeling of not being able to wait to return, and looking forward to the yearly trip to HH. Our family has been now consecutive years. Our DD's are just at the age where we need to maximize our WDW trips while they are at that "magic" age (but then again I, at 32, have not out grown that magic age). I can't immagine much time passing between HH trips .... it feels "like home"!!

I guess only one solution .... time to buy more points AGAIN!! (I wish it were that easy.) Unfortunately with the initial purchace and two add-ons within a year and a half, I think that it'd be hard to convince my wife that it's time for more.

:D

Boy Tidoublegaer are you a man after my own heart! It is my dream "one day" to do an add on possibly at the Beach Club Villas but that is far off right now. I couldn't imagine doing a couple of add ons in such quick succession. Are you ever fortunate!!! I hope there is an add on in my future . . .

Lisa

Congradulations! We became DVC members in August at Hilton Head! We cannot wait for our next stop, Vero Beach in July. If anyone has any suggestions on fun things to do, I am open to any suggestions!

Welcome Home. I understand about wanting to spend many days at HH. I was hesitant to spend points at HH, but after one visit, I started planning as many add-ons as possible at HH. It is a beautigul resort.

Welcome home! We just returned today from a six night stay. We own at OKW and this was our first time at the Hilton Head resort. We had a great time there also. What a relaxing resort. Congratulations!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter