• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

John Ritter Dead

Status
Not open for further replies.
give me a break, surely even you can recognize when you've crossed a line

I don't think I've crossed a line, I just repeated what I heard and saw.

Celebrities should be celebrated, in life and death, for their talents, but I also feel that they shouldn't be elevated to sainthood either and we shouldn't pretend they didn't have faults.

He was a good actor . As far as a good PERSON, I don't know.

Take John Lennon. His fans made him into some kind of martyr when he was killed. Meantime he had a drug habit and abandoned his wife and young son for Yoko Ono. he had talent, he was too young to die, but was not the saint fans made him out to be.

I don't know what planet you live on GG....but I can laugh at John Ritter's comedy talent...and sing to a John Lennon tune and derive pleasure from that. I 'm not making those folks a "Saint", just enjoying their God given abilities. Why you had to start saying negative things about a man who suddenly died tragically is beyond comprehension.

Why exactly do you post on the DIS? Has ANYONE on the DIS EVER agreed with ANYTHING you've said?:rolleyes:

I don't believe anyone here was elevating John Ritter to the status of sainthood, GoofyGirl. All these people are doing is paying tribute to a man who made them laugh and shared his talents with them for decades.

I loved John Ritter's comedy and his acting. He was fun and that is more than I can say for some people.

Yes, he had problems, who doesn't. He dealt with them in one way or another and entertained lots of people in the mean time.

:( I'll miss him too.

WOW!!!! GG - I am amazed at your complete lack of compassion... well I guess I'm not that shocked. :rolleyes: I hope you got whatever satifisfaction or attention you were so desperately craving.... pretty pathetic if you ask me.

Now back to the actual meaning of this post... thoughts and prayers to his family for their tragic loss. :(

We met John Ritter in the summer of '98 in the Rocky Mountain National Park. We were camping in tents and they were next to us. Our kids who were about the same age, talked and goofed around. John came over to us and asked us if we were tourchering our kids too, (making them camp and hike). After we talked, he asked us if we knew who he was and we had no idea and when he told us, we were so shocked.

What a nice guy, they really do look different then on TV, then in real life.

Recently I had caught a few episodes of his new show. I feel really odd about him dying. I guess I just can't believe it, you know??? Its like a part of my past going away.
I am sorry to hear the news.

What a shame, he was so young. :( I really enjoyed his acting and his comedy. I've been a fan since the Three's Company days (and I'm talking original shows, not reruns in syndication! )

BTW, did you know that his father is the voice of Big Al in Country Bear Jamboree?

GG, you could take a lesson from Thumper's mother - If you can't say something nice about someone, don't say anything at all. The rest of us are trying to pay our respects.

I really liked John Ritter. I keep seeing Jack Tripper today because I actually watched the silly show because of him. Even now, I'll watch an episode once in a while because I enjoy John Ritter's work. I remember how sweet he seemed in interviews too.

I personally prefer not to worry about people's private lives because it's none of my business and untrue half the time anyway. This concern about stars' private lives is the reason we have these papparazzi creeps who hound these people continuously.

Rest in peace John Ritter. I will miss you.

It is so sad. I grew up watching Three's Company and thinking he was the funniest man. He and Michael Richards(Kramer) are the 2 funniest actor/comedians to me.
I just saw a recent TV movie about behind the scenes drama of Three's Company. The actor who played John Ritter really nailed him with his voice, movements and physical comedy. He will be missed.:(

I was so shocked to hear the news this morning. :( Very unexpected. As far as his personal life goes, everyone has made mistakes in his or her life. It's pretty heartless to focus on the negative on the day of someone's death.

:( I first learned of this on this thread at 6am, what a shock! I really liked him and his tv show.

GG, I'm not sure that any of us are saints. :rolleyes: But John had made a great comeback in his career and was a talented and funny man. His physical comedy was tremendous. He was also a big supporter of Cerebral Palsy because his brother Tom has it.

I prefer to remember performers because of the work they did and not the characters they played.

He will be sadly missed.
CC

Why in the world would someone post a negative thing like that on a thread meant for us all to pay tribute to a funny and very generous man.

John was a comedic genious. I've watched him from his days on Three's company and it still to this day cracks me up.

Lets bring this thread back to what is was meant to be, a place for us to pay tribute and remember a funny man.

Perhaps when YOU die, goofygirl, instead of remembering you with fondness, someone will say, "She was a nasty, mean spirited child-hater, whose obsession with cats bordered on beastiality, and who never had anything good to say about anyone."

As for the original post, though I am not a big John Ritter fan, I agree that his sudden and untimely death is very sad, occuring one day after his youngest daughter's 5th birthday.

Originally posted by Deb in IA
Perhaps when YOU die, goofygirl, instead of remembering you with fondness, someone will say, "She was a nasty, mean spirited child-hater, whose obsession with cats bordered on beastiality, and who never had anything good to say about anyone."

Sheesh, Deb (and others), chill out! GoofyGirl is allowed her opinion of John Ritter, and I didn't think her comment about him was necessarily mean, just factual. She doesn't have to say nice things about him just because he's dead, anyway. I think your above statement is definitely mean, IMHO.:)

Originally posted by Deb in IA
As for the original post, though I am not a big John Ritter fan, I agree that his sudden and untimely death is very sad, occuring one day after his youngest daughter's 5th birthday.

I too, am not the biggest John Ritter fan. I liked him recently in "Felicity" and "Scrubs", but had not seen his new TV show. I too thought about his daughter today. The shock of his death is one thing, but thinking about Amy Yasbeck having to break the news to that adorable little girl (Stella is her name) makes me so sad. I mean, to us he's just Jack Tripper, but to her he's Daddy.:(

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter