John Ritter Dead

Status
Not open for further replies.
So very sad!!!!! I also grew up watching Threes Company and will miss him!!!

Lorix2~ I just saw that Cosby episode not too long ago and that was his real wife on the show.

It is just so terrible!! My thoughts and prayer go out to his family.

I was so sad when I heard this morning. :( John, you will be missed.

BTW, John's son Jason will be on Joan of Arcadia starting the end of the month. He plays the older brother.

It's funny how things hit you hard sometimes. This has really gotten to me this morning, and I'm not sure why. I feel like I grew up with John Ritter, as a child of the 70's. I also enjoyed him as the pastor on "The Walton's." Remember that?

His new show was one of the few bright spots on the ABC (Disney:() schedule. It will be missed.

I'm just really sad about this. He was far too young. If his father, Tex, had heart problems, you would think that this would have been caught sooner.

he was no saint (he had alcoholism and adultery in his past) but he was talented.

Does anyone here remember his apperance on Law & Order? It wasn't that long ago...if I remember correctly he played a doctor who killed his pregnant wife...am I right??

My thoughts are with John Ritter's family. He was one of my favorite TV stars. He always made me smile. Rest in peace.

I've loved him since I first saw him on the Walton's. He also played a guest shot as the minister who married Ted and Georgette on the Mary Tyler Moore Show. I've also enjoyed his made for tv movies and his work on the short lived tv series with Markie Post and Billy Bob Thorton.

GG--Im just sitting here wondering why you would feel the need to make such a comment on this thread. Its seems a little mean spirited. He may not have been a saint, not many of are, and Im pretty sure you dont fall into the saint category either.
We are all just trying to pay our respects to well loved actor and person.

I never really watched him in his shows (don't watch sitcoms really), but do know he was well liked and a good actor. He will be missed.

GG- I agree your comments were uncalled for in this thread.

How very sad :( My thoughts are with his wife and children and I pray for their strength.

He was a very special person with the ability to make many laugh. He will truly be missed.

Deena and zurgswife - I totally agree with you. Not called for on this thread

GG- If the day comes and you should pass on while on these boards I'll make it my civic duty to post nasty, negative things about you. You are one of the mose crude people I have ever ran across on a BB.

I was just shocked to hear the news, this morning. He was so young and will be missed by many.

Originally posted by goofygirl
he was no saint (he had alcoholism and adultery in his past) but he was talented.

:rolleyes:

Was there a need for that?

Anyone I thought he was comedic genius, much like Jerry Lewis with the slapstick comedy.
He will be missed

It was a complete shock when I heard the news this morning. What a loss to all of us who enjoyed his talent. He will certainly be missed.

PS: GG, a couple of phrases come to mind here. One is 'We are none of us perfect'. The other is 'Let (s)he who is without sin cast the first stone.' I could be wrong but I'd bet money you don't qualify on either count.

GG--Im just sitting here wondering why you would feel the need to make such a comment on this thread. Its seems a little mean spirited. He may not have been a saint, not many of are, and Im pretty sure you dont fall into the saint category either.

I didn't say I was a saint.

I made the comment because its true. He had a battle with alcoholism, (and recovered later) and while he was filming "Problem Child" , he had an affair with his co star while married, and he left his wife for her. It was all on "Biography" on A &E . Do you think A &E was "mean spirited" for showing that part of his life?

I hardly think that an A&E special on him is the same thing as someone making rude comments on his death...

give me a break, surely even you can recognize when you've crossed a line. :rolleyes:

Originally posted by goofygirl
I didn't say I was a saint.

I made the comment because its true. He had a battle with alcoholism, (and recovered later) and while he was filming "Problem Child" , he had an affair with his co star while married, and he left his wife for her. It was all on "Biography" on A &E . Do you think A &E was "mean spirited" for showing that part of his life?

Normally when people pass on other's chose to remember them for their good qualities. I dont think I have ever been to a funeral or wake when everyone talked about the deceased faults and bad things they had done. When others pass on its a time to celebrate their good qualities and the good things they have done and not a time for finger pointing.
I know you didnt say you were a saint but when you do pass on do you want others to remember you for the good things or for the mistakes you made?
I personally prefer to be remembered in a good light by my children, family and friends.

He will be missed. His wife Amy is from Cincinnati, they have done some great charity stuff in this area. He was a wonderful human being as well as a great comedian and actor.

I am deeply saddened to hear of his passing.:( A friend of mine from another store, called and told me about it.:( He was a TV Icon and will be missed....alcoholic or not, THEY all have problems and some of them work it out as he did.:o I haven't read all the posts on this thread, don't think I care too.....:o :( :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter