John and Kevin's California / Hawaiian (working) Vacation News

I can't wait to hear about Aulani, either. Jack has chosen Hawaii for his HS graduation trip in 2017....He got the vacation planning bug from me for sure:thumbsup2 Thank goodness for DVC!

Have fun and enjoy yourselves.

Don't let John get sun burned in Hawaii.:sunny:

Very jealous here! I just cancelled my 10th anniversary trip to Hawaii and relocated from southern Cali due to military orders:guilty:

I do hope the two of you find some time to relax while "working" so hard and please let me know if you need a stand-in in the future:goodvibes

Hope you both have a great time!

Always love to hear exciting new ABD news, can't wait!

Very jealous here! I just cancelled my 10th anniversary trip to Hawaii and relocated from southern Cali due to military orders:guilty:

I do hope the two of you find some time to relax while "working" so hard and please let me know if you need a stand-in in the future:goodvibes

Have fun guys! Looking forward to hearing more. :goodvibes

We're very interested in Aulani too! maybe next year (fingers crossed). Can't wait to hear from someone's who's finally gonna be there in real live person!!

Hi Folk,

8:00am here in southern California.

We thought we might get away from the Florida heat and humidity.

Wrong. We've been accused of bringing it with us.

Yup...it's hot and sticky.:sad2:

We are going to explore LA and maybe a beach today. Even considering a day trip to Catalina. Who knows?

Loved the Mary Blair exhibit. It's only a temporary exhibit and will change next month.....but if you are a fan of her work....it's wonderful to see a large group of it all together. We are going back into the park tomorrow and might go back again.

The Little Mermaid ride is CLASSIC, old school Disney Imagineering. Just a great Disney dark ride. With the continous loading, the line moves very fast.

This is the Disney quality I fell in love with. I don't want to oversell this. It's not Soarin....but it doesn't need to be. It's wonderful on it's own.

The ride is located in the building that used to house the movie (that no one wanted to see) about immigration to California.

This is much better use of the space.

What can I say about World of Color that hasn't been said?

It's spectacular.

Well....off to find breakfast and explore.

More later.

Loved the Mary Blair exhibit. It's only a temporary exhibit and will change next month.....but if you are a fan of her work....it's wonderful to see a lrage group of it all together. We are going back into the park tomorrow and might go back again.
Oooh, I hope it sticks around through the D23 Expo August 19-22.

We're all also very excited to ride the new Little Mermaid attraction - especially Maggie (DD13).

Hi Folk,

8:00am here in southern California.

We thought we might get away from the Florida heat and humidity.

Wrong. We've been accused of bringing it with us.

Yup...it's hot and sticky.:sad2:

We are going to explore LA and maybe a beach today. Even considering a day trip to Catalina. Who knows?

Loved the Mary Blair exhibit. It's only a temporary exhibit and will change next month.....but if you are a fan of her work....it's wonderful to see a lrage group of it all together. We are going back into the park tomorrow and might go back again.

The Little Mermaid ride is CLASSIC, old school Disney Imagineering. Just a great Disney dark ride. With the continous loading, the line moves very fast.

This is the Disney quality I fell in love with. I don't want to oversell this. It's not Soarin....but it doesn't need to be. It's wonderful on it's own.

The ride is located in the building that used to house the movie (that no one wanted to see) about immigration to California.

What can I say about World of Color that hasn't been said?

It's spectacular.

Well....off to find breakfast and explore.

More later.
Kevin! So very excited for you and John! I can't wait to hear about Aulani. I've been planning to hopefully go to Hawaii next year, so I'm interested in the options!

Wow! It's hot and sticky in Southern California? That's pretty unusual for July!

You guys have a great trip!

*just discovered that Mary Blair is not Linda Blair*
:lmao:

Sayhello

Was that the movie narrated by Whoopi Goldberg? I liked it! :teeth:

I'll look forward to the Little Mermaid ride. Due to a really great airfare to Los Angeles, I'm going to Disneyland for 3 days at the end of September. :dance3:

I hope you and John will have a wonderful time in SoCal and Hawaii!

Kevin and John - hope you have a great trip! Can you see cars land? I can't wait to see that

Golden Dreams was the name of the attraction. And...slight clarification...it's in the same location, but not in the same building. The entire building was demolished except for the dome and the Mermaid attraction was built from the ground up.

Was that the movie narrated by Whoopi Goldberg? I liked it! :teeth:

Yep. It was a very nice (air conditioned) attraction.

Can't wait to hear all about your trip.

And Hawaiii WOW WOW WOW.

I really hope you find some time to relax and enjoy yourselves. You totally deserve a nice quiet vacation.

:goodvibes

Golden Dreams was the name of the attraction. And...slight clarification...it's in the same location, but not in the same building. The entire building was demolished except for the dome and the Mermaid attraction was built from the ground up.

Yep. It was a very nice (air conditioned) attraction.

Didn't know it was a new building, but that makes sense.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter