Jodi Arias Trial Part 4, starting with redirect of "expert" Dr Samuels, March 19

In the past few days I have been a part of discussion and interest in the murder trial case of Jodi Arias. For the past three months I have been fulfilling my duty as one of the jurors in the case of Jodi Arias. Jodi Arias’ attorneys have filed a motion asking for a mistrial or that Juror 5 is removed from the jury, which led to my removal.

As a juror that has been removed from the jury, I would like to remind everyone that the murder trial case of Jodi Arias is still going on and that the time and money being invested in this trial are more relevant and important than my removal from the jury.

Until the verdict in murder trial case of Jodi Arias is reached I will not make any statements or give any interviews regarding my removal from the jury. I believe that the attention should be focused on the actual trial. I would ask from everyone to please respect my privacy and the privacy of my family.

Thank you Pebbles!:flower3:

I glad to see she is truly looking to the best interest of this trial and not her own self interest.
The defense team has lost what seems to be a good fair person.
Idiots.

Thank you Pebbles!:flower3:

I glad to see she is truly looking to the best interest of this trial and not her own self interest.
The defense team has lost what seems to be a good fair person.
Idiots.

Agreed. Makes me think that when we can finally see any sealed files (which I think we can afterwards?) it wil show that DT was making a mountain out of a molehill. This trial is turning into a circus, so ridiculous.

Just stopping by! Caught up between last night and this morning, can't say that I think Juan will get to cross examine this witness until sometime next week. I had hoped the defense would wrap it up today but with the illness and the afternoon court cancellation, I figure it will be sometime Tues or if the God's are smiling on me, Monday afternoon since I will be around to watch it live!

Parent's interrogation video's? Wow...I have to admit I feel for them. If one of my children were to do something like this my first thought wouldn't be that its possible they did it. I am sure that I would go into denial. It just makes me more sure that her parents have had a long and crazy road. Jodi's behavior didn't start when she met Travis.

So far, it is interesting the new 600 pages of the diary that we haven't seen. I am hoping that now that they are out there, there are enough discrepancies between Jodi's testimony and the actual diary contents.

Juror 5...what a class act. I don't think she did anything crazy to get booted. I think it was another childish tactic. Has anyone else noticed how much Jodi stares at the jury since Alyce got on the stand. Its crazy. I almost believe she is having a mental meltdown with the staring and the tongue rolling around the mouth etc.

One more thing, I just have to ask. I have never been a diary writter. Even as a kid it was not something I ever cared about doing. Is it unusual of a 28 yo woman to write down something EVERY.SINGLE.DAY of her life? It just seems odd to me that a grown woman wrote in her diary to the point she carried it around with her.

Hope all have a good day! Hope there is court as well..May the witness be healthy!

Kelly

I have a bad feeling that court will be cancelled today because ALV is "sick". If I were a juror I would be so fed up with the way this case is dragging on and on. There are just too many delays and down days.

Just stopping by! Caught up between last night and this morning, can't say that I think Juan will get to cross examine this witness until sometime next week. I had hoped the defense would wrap it up today but with the illness and the afternoon court cancellation, I figure it will be sometime Tues or if the God's are smiling on me, Monday afternoon since I will be around to watch it live!

Parent's interrogation video's? Wow...I have to admit I feel for them. If one of my children were to do something like this my first thought wouldn't be that its possible they did it. I am sure that I would go into denial. It just makes me more sure that her parents have had a long and crazy road. Jodi's behavior didn't start when she met Travis.

So far, it is interesting the new 600 pages of the diary that we haven't seen. I am hoping that now that they are out there, there are enough discrepancies between Jodi's testimony and the actual diary contents.

Juror 5...what a class act. I don't think she did anything crazy to get booted. I think it was another childish tactic. Has anyone else noticed how much Jodi stares at the jury since Alyce got on the stand. Its crazy. I almost believe she is having a mental meltdown with the staring and the tongue rolling around the mouth etc.

One more thing, I just have to ask. I have never been a diary writter. Even as a kid it was not something I ever cared about doing. Is it unusual of a 28 yo woman to write down something EVERY.SINGLE.DAY of her life? It just seems odd to me that a grown woman wrote in her diary to the point she carried it around with her.

Hope all have a good day! Hope there is court as well..May the witness be healthy!

Kelly

I think we're so close to the murder date now, JM will get a go at ALV on Monday. That's what I'm hoping for, anyhow.

As far as the diary thing, I used to write in one daily but don't anymore. It does help sometimes to just get the thoughts out of your head so they can stop taking up space in there. :p I never carried mine around though and I do find that a little odd. To me, that's just inviting someone who shouldn't to read it.

Juror #5 will tell her story soon enough - ITA with you, a class act.

Agreed. Makes me think that when we can finally see any sealed files (which I think we can afterwards?) it wil show that DT was making a mountain out of a molehill. This trial is turning into a circus, so ridiculous.

I would agree. But then I wonder really....since all of this is coming up now does it mean that they won't use this for appeals later? You would think that if the DT knew of a juror misconduct that worked in their favor they would leave it alone until the appeals portion.

Then again, I guess as officers of the court they are required to bring to the judge anything they learn that is misconduct.

Another forum is speculating that all she did was ask if the HLN juror was in line in the cafeteria. Basically she spoke to the lady that had her picture taken with Juan. But, how would that translate to prejudicing the jury.

I am glad she is waiting to speak....but my nosiness would love to know what it is now. :lmao:

Kelly

Good Thursday morning!! It's almost the weekend! :woohoo:

How long does court go today? I know it starts at 9:30ish :rolleyes1 , but I keep reading that today is an "abbreviated day". So are we only going until lunchbreak time or what?

I'm kind of glad for the short day. I've been putting off doing the grocery shopping and we're out of basically everything. Maybe I can cook a real dinner tonight, too. :teeth:

I think we're so close to the murder date now, JM will get a go at ALV on Monday. That's what I'm hoping for, anyhow.

As far as the diary thing, I used to write in one daily but don't anymore. It does help sometimes to just get the thoughts out of your head so they can stop taking up space in there. :p I never carried mine around though and I do find that a little odd. To me, that's just inviting someone who shouldn't to read it.

Juror #5 will tell her story soon enough - ITA with you, a class act.

I really hope Monday is Juan's turn. I have batted around the thought of taking vacation once rebuttal begins...:rotfl2:

Thank you for the diary info. I guess my life was never interesting enough to write down! I understand completely the need to get things out and leave space for more important things.

So, now that the 2/8/08 diary entry is out there saying Jodi was constantly giving money and on that date an actual dollar amount of 80.00, do you think Juan could get Travis's bank records to prove there was a deposit that day or any day around it? Wonder if the diary can be disproved or will be?

Kelly

I have a bad feeling that court will be cancelled today because ALV is "sick". If I were a juror I would be so fed up with the way this case is dragging on and on. There are just too many delays and down days.

I agree. I feel bad for the jurors. Travis' family also.The fact that the trial is taking so long must be so difficult for them.

The mother mentioning the gas receipts is so interesting. I hope there's a way to get it in. That and the diary entry about Travis wanting a gun.

This trial is so frustrating to watch (but I'm fascinated by it). There are so many things that have been let in and I don't understand why. There are other things that seem to not be allowed in. Like with the emails and text messages. So they allow his in but where are hers? Why he is responding to her the way he is in those messages should be important.

I hope when Juan finally gets his chance to cross this witness, he can bring up Jodi's behavior. By the way this witness is describing abusive relationships, it seems more like Travis should be the one that was abused. I hope Juan can use her own words against her.

Kelly

I used to journal every day. I have quite a few journals I filled up, but don't think it's 600 pages. Sometimes it would just be a paragraph or two. I was a moody teen with a mom who ruined my life by not letting me do what I wanted when I wanted. So unfair! It was a way to channel my feelings, which were mostly angry, woe is me type stuff (obviously didnt believe in the laws of attraction!) Once I grew up, I didn't need to journal because I had a pretty good grasp on myself and emotions. When my daughter was born, I started journaling again so that I could remember big events in her life, but that quickly faded.

I would say that perhaps Jodi journaled so she could recall things to use against people in the future. She seems vindictive, but seems like she wrote a lot of positive things too. So who knows, it does seem strange to carry the journal everywhere. I'm sure she wanted Travis to see it, to see how much she loved him and adored him and how perfect she was for him. Maybe that's why??

LOL, I have to laugh because back when I was super ambitious I was running for public office and a psychologist who was a good friend of mine told me never write anything down that could be used against me (back when being gay was still illegal, lol). Course, I had to laugh coz I was a cop's kid, I already knew that! :rotfl:

Anyway, I'm comfortable with this juror being excused, heard she was both pro Defense and pro State, don't know how anyone would know since the hearing was closed to the public, but the last thing anyone wants is a 1st degree guilty verdict and then discovering she had discussed the case with other jurors before deliberations. I'd think that appeal would definitely give Jodi a whole new trial.

I hope this is the last day of the Defense with Laviolette, let's move on and let the State cross and get on with their rebuttal case soon. Has anyone heard if there's a lot of questions from the jury?

LOL, I have to laugh because back when I was super ambitious I was running for public office and a psychologist who was a good friend of mine told me never write anything down that could be used against me (back when being gay was still illegal, lol). Course, I had to laugh coz I was a cop's kid, I already knew that! :rotfl:

Anyway, I'm comfortable with this juror being excused, heard she was both pro Defense and pro State, don't know how anyone would know since the hearing was closed to the public, but the last thing anyone wants is a 1st degree guilty verdict and then discovering she had discussed the case with other jurors before deliberations. I'd think that appeal would definitely give Jodi a whole new trial.

I hope this is the last day of the Defense with Laviolette, let's move on and let the State cross and get on with their rebuttal case soon. Has anyone heard if there's a lot of questions from the jury?

Pardon my ignorance, you said "back when being gay was still illegal". Was it seriously illegal or just frowned upon? Or we're you talking about the marriage aspect? I seem to live in a bubble. If it really was illegal, that's so sad.

Mare, I think it was you who had trouble figuring out the dragging picture. I found this which kind of clears it up.
image.jpg

Morning, Remus! Public office? Do tell if you're comfy sharing. ::yes::

I always burned my journal pages when I was finished - no evidence left that way. :teeth:

I sincerely hope there's not a lot of jury questions. :faint:

Well, I have to hit the work place. Saving my spot so that I can start reading where I left off. I have discovered this is the best way to save time.

Lets pray there is court today and this is the last day before cross. Keep the commentary going...It helps a great deal to listen to the video's and read your thoughts.

Have a great day everyone!:wave2:

Kelly

I agree. I feel bad for the jurors. Travis' family also.The fact that the trial is taking so long must be so difficult for them.

The mother mentioning the gas receipts is so interesting. I hope there's a way to get it in. That and the diary entry about Travis wanting a gun.

This trial is so frustrating to watch (but I'm fascinated by it). There are so many things that have been let in and I don't understand why. There are other things that seem to not be allowed in. Like with the emails and text messages. So they allow his in but where are hers? Why he is responding to her the way he is in those messages should be important.

I hope when Juan finally gets his chance to cross this witness, he can bring up Jodi's behavior. By the way this witness is describing abusive relationships, it seems more like Travis should be the one that was abused. I hope Juan can use her own words against her.

Don't worry, AL and Juan have been at it early on and she did not fair well with him. He will break her down faster than two sticks of dynamite. I guess during her last statement on the stand he was already smiling. I say Miss. AL look out cause Juan is going to shred every lie that has been told right down to the computer issue.

Pardon my ignorance, you said "back when being gay was still illegal". Was it seriously illegal or just frowned upon? Or we're you talking about the marriage aspect? I seem to live in a bubble. If it really was illegal, that's so sad.

No, you don't live in a bubble. :hug: But yes, it was illegal and decriminalized in the 70's along with being removed as a sexual deviance from the DSM 3 or maybe it was DSM 2. I didn't escape the label of sexual deviant but thank goodness when I was committed to the Texas State Hospital for the Crazies I had a psychiatrist who said it was in the works to remove that "mental illness" from the DSM and he didn't try to cure me. :rotfl: It was quite an experience being in an insane asylum at age 14 during the 60's. :scared1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter