Jennifer & Daniel's PJ-WP/Ariels/SCP-6/14/10- DP &MK Pics,album,HM TR - updated 1/25

Carol Mickles - 100/10 Carol was so amazing. during the planning process she was always easy to get ahold of, she responded to my emails within a resonable amount of time, sometime within hours of me sending them. The saturday before the wedding (which was Monday) she responded to one of my emails 5 minutes after I sent it, lol. She understood exactly the type of day I was looking for, I wanted fun, not too traditional or formal and we wanted everyone to have a great time. She got that right off the bat and also helped us keep to our budget even when we went over a bit. The day of was great, she was there to squelch any problems, not that we had any, and was always around when I needed her. She made sure our day flowed perfectly and I couldn't have been happier with her performance. I would recomend any person waiting to get assigned their planner request Carol because she did a kick!@$ job!

Laura Kidd WDW Floral - 9/10 I loved my floral, you can see my bouquet and centerpieces in my teaser pics I posted previously. The only reason she gets a 9 is because the colors we spoke about weren't exactly what I got in my bouquet. I thought my bouquet would be more on the darker pink side but I still loved it. I didn't give her inspiration pics so I knew I was taking a gamble. I still loved it, I just expected something a bit different. The centerpieces were amazing, I loved them so much and loved that they were similar yet different from my bouquet.

Rev. Kevin Knox - 7.5/10 I LOVED him through the emails we would exchange and we even tried to meet up while I was in WDW for my planning session but it just didn't pan out. The reason he gets a 7.5 is because if you ask Danny he was great but if you ask my and my mom we were kind of bummed by him. Danny had a great experience with him, Danny tells me that he was fun, talked to him about the ceremony and even did a breath check with him ;) . I on lth eother hand really didn't get to talk to him much. We were running late because we didn't actually get to the GF for pics until after 11:30am when we should have been there by 11 :confused3 oh well. So we started the ceremony 5 minutes late. Rev. Knox came in to the Bride's vestibule at the WP, introduced himself, asked about the balance (I had paid it through PayPal), and then ran through the creremony in like 30 seconds. I mean it was fast!!!!!
Now on to the main reason he lost 2.5 points. I get all this second hand from my mom... after the ceremony and Danny and I walk out Carol is setting things up for the staged exit, my mom says that he shoved the license in her face told her to sign and was gone. I guess that's what he normally does but it just seems so strange to me, I would have liked a picture of them signing the license and it happened so quickly that Randy didn't even know it was happening.

Patricia Lejeune - 10/10 I abosolutely adored Patricia. I can't recommend her enough to future DFTW brides. She is prompt, a joy to be around, and does amazing work. My hair and makeup on the wedding day was beautiul. I loved how simple it was yet still looked like it was done and really held up through the 100 degree heat, and an hour of pictures outside. My hair and makeup on the MK shoot day was just as beautiful. My hair didn't make it quite as long but the humidity at 6am is ridiculous in FL and leaving my hair down I knew it was not going to make it. But it looked great during the pictures so that's what matters. My makeup lasted all day, even through the next day once we were home, lol. It was beautiful, she does amazing makeup.

Randy Chapman - pending at the moment I have not received photos, teasers or anything yet from Randy so I don't know what the pics look like so I can't honestly give hima score yet. I can tell brides to be that he is an uber professional. He was early, even Patricia was like "wow he's WAAAAY early" lol!! He took my getting ready pics, got photos of my dress, accessories and jewelry really quickly and then was gone to take Danny and his family's pics at the boardwalk. It was a close ride because I was staying at the Beach Club. He then met me at the GF for my portraits, was cool even though I was running late and made sure we got the important pictures. From the ones he showed us form his camera they looked amazing and I can't wait for the end result.

Wedding Pavilion - 10/10 We were worried it would look empty because we only had 35 guests but Carol did a great job of spreading people out and making it look full. The organist was awesome. Danny walked in to the Star Wars theme which was hilairous and because it was played on the organ it made it seem like something different but everyone got it eventually.

Ariel's/waiters/bartender - 10/10 Ariel's was beautiful and everything I wanted it to be. The colors we picked worked perfectly with the existing decor. Our teal/black/white was a great complement to Ariel's.
The waiters were perfect, they walked us through the buffet, got everything we needed, had things at the table already before we needed to ask for it. I wasn;t feeling well that day. I had an awful headache throughout the whole day and once our waitress knew it she was all over it! She brough me a coke, and when I actually felt faint because my head was pounding so hard she brought me a towel with ice in it for the back of my neck. They were wonderful. The bartender was awesome. He was heavy handed and people were getting wasted, hahahaha! Danny at the end of the night was totally drunk. It was hilarious!

GF Bakery - 10/10 I never mentioned it at all but my biggest worry was the cake because we kind of choose the mickey delight cake but wanted the mickey heads to be in black and teal. Well they couldn't guarantee that they were going to be stamped on but may be piped on. I had seen some previous piped on mickey head cakes and didn't like them but ours was great. It was exactly what I had in my mind when I first mentioned it.

DJ Steve Weinstein - 100/10 He was a riot, he was fun, and he really got us. He understood the type of music we liked and we even sent him some CDs that he loved and was so happy he now had that music. I loved him and Danny and him became best buddies.

The Big man Mickey Mouse - 10/10 I never realized what a hit he would be, Im so glad we decided to have him. The kids really didn't like him, the young ones especially. They were scared of him. The adults LOVED Mickey. It was awkward at first but he really got the party going when he did the electric slide with everyone before he left. He was great! Did we really expect anything less? lol ;)

Hey, just caught up on everything. Looks like you had a wonderful time and you looked lovely! Looking forward to seeing your pics when they are up. Congrats on everything :)

Welcome back, I hope you guys had a great time!

Great vendor reviews. Oh man, that's another rave review for the Mouse... I may have to keep him.

welcome back i hope you had a wonderful time on your honeymoon and thanks for the reviews!!

Thanks for sharing your vendor reviews! They are so helpful to those of us who are still in the planning stages...

Congratulations and best wishes to you both! You looked fabulous and so very, very happy in your pictures!

Yay, I found you over here!!! Love the pics so far, can't wait to see when you get the professional shots in. Looked like a gorgeous day!! CONGRATS!!!

:lovestruc:lovestruc:lovestruc

Congratulations on you wedding! You looked absolutely beautiful and your flowers and cake were amazing. Glad to hear you had good vendor reviews. I can't wait to see some of your pictures from Randy :bride:

Congratulations on you wedding! You looked absolutely beautiful and your flowers and cake were amazing. Glad to hear you had good vendor reviews. I can't wait to see some of your pictures from Randy :bride:
Yeah I'm so impatient to see them!! Thank you!!

Yay, I found you over here!!! Love the pics so far, can't wait to see when you get the professional shots in. Looked like a gorgeous day!! CONGRATS!!!

:lovestruc:lovestruc:lovestruc
Thank you!! Yay for finding me!!

welcome back! can't wait to hear all about it!
Thanks!

Thanks for sharing your vendor reviews! They are so helpful to those of us who are still in the planning stages...

Congratulations and best wishes to you both! You looked fabulous and so very, very happy in your pictures!
I hope my PJ/TR is a huge help to DIS Brides.

welcome back! :goodvibes
Thanks! Your professional pictures are gorgeous!

welcome back i hope you had a wonderful time on your honeymoon and thanks for the reviews!!
No problem, I hope they help!

Welcome back, I hope you guys had a great time!

Great vendor reviews. Oh man, that's another rave review for the Mouse... I may have to keep him.
The mouse was great! You must have him, he's the perfect thing to top off our wedding.

Hey, just caught up on everything. Looks like you had a wonderful time and you looked lovely! Looking forward to seeing your pics when they are up. Congrats on everything :)
Thank you!!

Welcome back and I see you have started, yayy!!! Can't wait to see pics!!:cool1:
Hopefully we'll have them soon!

Thank you for sharing your pics you look lovely - can't wait to see your Randy pictures. The reviews are always helpful. I'm so glad that Mickey was a hit. I originally wanted Mary Poppins but I figured that Mickey and Minnie would suit my guest better and reading your review makes me feel much better.

I hope your honeymoon there was a little time for some relaxing as well as it being tiring! Let us know how the condo is coming along.

So Saturday rolls in and I'm already starting to feel tired but have to power through.

Danny's family got in the day before and they were planning on doing something crazy... all 4 parks in one day!:scared1::confused::eek: I told Danny's sister that they were crazy but they only had one day park hoppers so they were going to do it.

Danny and I met with them at Animal Kingdom. Being the park commando I am we got them straight to Expedition Everest. The waits were actually pretty low for this time of year so we only waited 15 minutes for EE. Danny's mom is a bit of a drama queen so after EE she felt nauseated and had to keep telling us. We stopped to get her a sprite, that she wouldn't drink, and then we realize that she's out in 100+ degree heat and only had coffee. No wonder you feel like crap. We try to stop to eat bc other people are hungry too (me!), but no she doens't want to eat. Whatever, I can't stand her so if she passes out Disney will call the paramedics. :confused3

We then rode Kali River Rapids, got soaked and then they wanted to move on to Epcot. I was going to go back to the hotel to meet up with my mom and cousins so we could hang at the pool. We ate dinner, hung out at the pool with the kids and then left to get dressed to meet Danny and our friends at Magic Kingdom.

This was at about 7. We, my mom and I, walked in to MK and immediately met up with our friends and Danny.

Now, I will preface this by saying, I DON'T LIKE MY MOTHER IN LAW. Danny was with his mom, sister, cousin and friend all day so imagine how he was acting. Just like them! UGH!!!! He was so nasty when we got there. I was ready to leave bc he was being so short and rude. I figured we better start doing stuff so I don't have to deal with him, lol. We rode Space Mountain, the Carousel of Progress, Buzz, danced with Stitch, Chip, & Dale, and then found a spot for the Electric parade. We got a spot right by the castle and waited. Then Danny really pulls out the big "let's annoy Jennifer" guns...
P6120035.jpg

He started questioning wedding things. On SATURDAY NIGHT! REALLY?! :eek: It's not like I can do anything about it now. We get married in a day and a half, what would you like me to do about it now at 11pm at night? I doubt Carol will email me tonight or even tomorrow!!!!!!!! UGH! My mother in law has this big problem with understanding that this is her son's wedding, not her daughter's wedding. She is not the bride, and she is not paying for anything pertaining to this day so she has absolutely no SAY!!! Well Danny didn't want my mom walking me down the aisle. Really? Why? Oh bc his mom wasn't walking him down. SERIOUSLY!! I don't have a father, and no other man in my life was really that influential. Why can't my mom walk me down?

During the planning session Danny was adament that he wanted to walk down by himself and his mom could walk in with his sister. ADAMENT!!!!! Now, a day and a half before the wedding you're questioning this?! Ummm, no! This changes the whole order that we have down on paper. Not happening. (Later that night I pull out the BEO and show him exactly what the order of the processional was. Ha!!! In your face!!)

But then I realized that wait... I know where this is coming from. He was with his mom all day... the same women who still doesn't understand that she doesn't have a say in how our day goes because this is not her wedding! The same women who seems to want the same thing my mom gets even though she's not the mother of the bride and has not contributed even a tenth of the items and money my mom has. I couldn't even list what my mother gave us because it's so many things. Now why would I feel obligated for my mom to walk me down and now for Danny to walk down with his mom? Hmmmmm.

I just can't get over the fact that it's a day and a half before the wedding and my MIL doesn't get that this isn't her daughter's wedding. It's mine, and maybe if she tried a bit harder to get along with me I'd feel differently but I DON'T! She makes me want to curse... even now and the wedding's over, lol.

We watch the parade and then back at the hotel I pull out the BEO's and all the paperwork I have on the timeline and processional order. I'm so upset at him and he doesn't even understand why. His mom wants to have everything my mom does and that's not how it works. I can just imagine what she was saying all day to him about me, the wedding and my mom. I know she doesn't like me but Saturday when our wedding is on Monday is not the day to do this.

Pics of us waiting for the parade...
P6120036.jpg

My mom and I
P6120033.jpg

Danny and I.

Sorry for the rant in the last post but you can see how riled up she gets me.

Now, Sunday, June 13, we had a breakfast scheduled with my family and Danny was off with his friends to the last day of Star Wars Weekend. Danny was gone early in the morning so we said goodbye knowing we wouldn't see each other again until the ceremony.

Then mom and I were off to the Beach Club where we were having breakfast at Cape May Cafe with my aunt, uncle, cousins and my other aunt. I wanted to take everything with us because we would have checked in at the Beach Club and dropped off all our stuff. My wedding dress, my mom's dress, my overnight bag and my mom's overnight bag. Not too much stuff but it would have been easier to just make the one trip. Well... I guess not. My mom was just in a mood. She didn't want to leave our stuff with bell services just in case something happened, or if they lost something... UM WHAT? So we go to breakfast, I go to check in, I am informed that we were upgraded to concierge and go to get checked in there. Our room was ready (of course it is!! Like I said it would be) but we have nothing to put in it because now I have to make a bunch of trips to our other room, then to the car then to the other hotel. And of course my mother is just being so annoying. And all this in 100+ degree weather. Thanks mom, we could have just avoided this but no, let's make 3 trips back and forth at noon when it's the hottest!

I think Danny and my mom were in with each other just to annoy the crap out of me.

So we finally get settled in to the room with all out stuff and I send out my emails and texts to Randy and Patricia letting them know what room we're in and how to get up to the concierge floor.

We relax for a few, then off to get a manicure. It was the worst manicure I've ever had, and the people were so rude. I will warn anyone against Magic Nails on Vineland right by the premium outlets. I usually go to The Nail Place and that's who I normally would recommend to everyone here on the boards but we were right by Magic Nails. Oh well, live and learn. And they;re ridiculously expensive. I mean $25 for a manicure with french? I pay $13 at home for that.

Back to the hotel to get ready for the DP. The DP was beautiful. The mosquitos were awful but they only came out right at the end of the night. I should have brough OFF. You can see pictures of the DP that the lovely CinderelliT and her hubby took for us here and here

So I am going to post some pics of things I talked about during the live trip report days and anything I've missed...

The chocolate lollipop favors. Each place setting got one minnie & Mickey pair.
P6100004.jpg

P6100006.jpg

My cousins opening their welcome bags and going CRAZY!!!
P6110024.jpg

P6110027.jpg

P6110028.jpg

You can see all the stuff on the floor everywhere!!

The bags...
P6110009.jpg

The inside of one...
P6110011.jpg

Our names on the event board at the Grand Floridian! It was very exciting!!
P6130038.jpg

Hopefully Randy will get us something soon so I have professional pictures for you all soon!!

Next up... the WEDDING DAY!!

When reading about your MIL, I seriously thought I was reading something about my own life - so I can empathize. I am sorry that you had to deal with all of that stuff so close to your wedding.

Your cousins looked like they loved their welcome bags - and they were huge! You put a lot of stuff in them! Lucky guests.

I can't wait to read about the wedding day, I hope everything goes smoothly!

Geez i'm sorry you had to deal with your MIL on saturday. I know how that is. Though it seems like you guys openly don't like each other, my MIL pretends she likes me while she is bashing me. I don't think there is ever a good time for your MIL to be driving you crazy....but less than 2 days before the wedding def not! I hope she didn't try and ruin anything on the day. I love the mickey and minnie pops! they are so cute.

Loving you TR and all the extra details. Can't wait to see your randy pics:goodvibes

When reading about your MIL, I seriously thought I was reading something about my own life - so I can empathize. I am sorry that you had to deal with all of that stuff so close to your wedding.

Your cousins looked like they loved their welcome bags - and they were huge! You put a lot of stuff in them! Lucky guests.

I can't wait to read about the wedding day, I hope everything goes smoothly!
Thanks for the sympathy. She's a handfull but now that the wedding is all over I dont have to deal with her as much.

Geez i'm sorry you had to deal with your MIL on saturday. I know how that is. Though it seems like you guys openly don't like each other, my MIL pretends she likes me while she is bashing me. I don't think there is ever a good time for your MIL to be driving you crazy....but less than 2 days before the wedding def not! I hope she didn't try and ruin anything on the day. I love the mickey and minnie pops! they are so cute.
Oh, she'll be all nice to my face and then bad mouth me to Danny who can't lie to save his life, so he always ends up spolling what she says.

Loving you TR and all the extra details. Can't wait to see your randy pics:goodvibes
I can't wait either!! Hopefully it'll be soon!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter