• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Jennifer & Brandon's Wishes PJ-10/12/09 France/LSS/Italy- 11/2 even more pics!

I was just going to ask the same thing lol! And how about the table names, did you just print them and mount them?

They look awesome Jen!

those are awesome! Love the window clings, how did you make them, if you don't mind me asking?

Thanks ladies :) I am really pleased with how they turned out. Here is how I did both of them -

Table names - just printed on regular paper - graphic size 4x6. The we found the purple scrapbooking paper in Michaels on clearance - its actually embossed with little hearts too but you cant see it in the picture. We cut that to 5x7 and mounted the regular paper on to that, then popped it in the frame. Really easy. The hardest part was finding graphics of enough Little Mermaid characters!

Window Clings - I had saved this thread a while back, knowing I wanted to do the clings:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1887426

BUT the instructions in that thread didnt work out so well for me. I did use the same window cling paper (found it in Michaels) and I printed our design out using our inkjet printer. We did have to "flip" the design before printing. (we were using photoshop to create the clings).
But here is where we differ. The original instructions said to spray paint right over the design that was just printed. Well, we did that and the ink ran and blurred the text. It looked awful. Not sure what we did wrong! :confused3

SO, we came up with a better idea, that didnt involve spray paint at all. We bought full sheet mailing labels. So we printed out our clings on the window cling paper (again, reversing image) and then put the full sheet label right over what we had just printed. The brand we bought, the adhesive they use is a little grayish, so even though the mailing label itself is white, you are actually using the back of the mailing label (with the adhesive) as your background for the window cling. Then we just cut them down to the proper size. All our guests will have to do is peel off the protective coating from the front of the window cling and pop it in thier window.:thumbsup2
Our test one is still hanging on our sliding glass door - been there over a week now, so it definitely sticks well!

Let me know if that doesnt make sense and I'll try to explain it better.

So just a quick update while I am stuck on a boring conference call...

we had our first dance lesson last night!!!!!! :cool1:
We are using "Cant take my eyes off of you" by Frankie Valli and the 4 seasons. So its not the typical slow song.

We signed up for 4 weeks of private dance lessons at a nearby studio. Our instructor rachael heard the song and said the rhumba worked best for the beginning part, with a triple swing for the middle (fast) part of the song.

I have to admit, it was more fun than expected. Though it will take lots of practice for us to be able to dance without both of us muttering "slow, quick quick slow, quick quick slow" or "triple step, triple step, rock step" :lmao: everytime we tried to talk to one another or our instructor said something we'd get off beat!

Still, for just our first lesson it went pretty well :thumbsup2

ohhhhh thats wicked about the dance lessons!!!!

I love the window hangings... i want to do them! i will have to *ahem.... borrow your ideas!

I cant wait to see your wedding... i love all your plans and colours and ideas !!

That dance sounds really awesome! That is too cute of an idea! And I :lovestruc the window clings. But I'm not so crafty...sounds too confusing!!

ohhhhh thats wicked about the dance lessons!!!!

I love the window hangings... i want to do them! i will have to *ahem.... borrow your ideas!

I cant wait to see your wedding... i love all your plans and colours and ideas !!

how did i miss your dress!???

it is sooo princessy! i love it!! :goodvibes
Thanks Stacey! Feel free to "borrow" ideas - I've borrowed many from other dis brides!!

My first dress fitting is sunday!! I am so excited and slightly nervous (i couldnt zip it a couple months ago!!)

That dance sounds really awesome! That is too cute of an idea! And I :lovestruc the window clings. But I'm not so crafty...sounds too confusing!!

The window clings really werent hard - I am not the craftiest person either, but these were simple. I am sure you could do it Samantha! If not, I would be happy to do them for you after our wedding is over;)

Jewelry for the bridesmaids - I ordered these online - came out super cheap, like $11 per set!!!

I still dont know what i am wearing yet, but at least the girls are done!

wholesalecostumejewelry_2067_626179.jpg

wholesalecostumejewelry_2067_790195.gif

I really like your plans so far, the Litte Mermaid theme is cute. You and DFi look cute together :goodvibes

The window clings are awesome. You are so close now!

I love those earrings! Very elegant! I wish I had my ears peirced but they wont heal not matter what metal I use. :(

I just caught up with your pj! I love all your plans. Your e-ring is gorgeous! And don't feel ashamed of having 5 cats, I had 3 by the time I was 22, so give me a few more years and I will have more than you!:lmao: Your invitations turned out great! Your cake tasting pic's made me sooo hungry....what does almond and amaretto taste like?

If I could afford to have a wishes wedding, I think I would choose venue over photography as well. Not that I don't want good pictures, but to have the experience of being married in Epcot is worth gambling with photography IMHO. Plus, I am sure plenty of guests will be snapping away as well :goodvibes

I look forward to more!

Awesome about the dance lessons, it will get easier and you wont have to count in your head so much. Play the song while your driving to work so it sounds more natural to you, thats what I always do when I am choreographing a dance and it works wonders:thumbsup2

And thanks for the window cling instructions:goodvibes

Ilove all the BM jewlery, great finds!. It looks like its all coming together:goodvibes

I really like your plans so far, the Litte Mermaid theme is cute. You and DFi look cute together :goodvibes

The window clings are awesome. You are so close now!

Thanks!! I cant believe we leave for Disney in just 5 weeks!

I love those earrings! Very elegant! I wish I had my ears peirced but they wont heal not matter what metal I use. :(

I thought the earrings were the perfect length!
My ears are super sensitive - most of the time i need gold or my ears turn red and they hurt!

I just caught up with your pj! I love all your plans. Your e-ring is gorgeous! And don't feel ashamed of having 5 cats, I had 3 by the time I was 22, so give me a few more years and I will have more than you!:lmao: Your invitations turned out great! Your cake tasting pic's made me sooo hungry....what does almond and amaretto taste like?

If I could afford to have a wishes wedding, I think I would choose venue over photography as well. Not that I don't want good pictures, but to have the experience of being married in Epcot is worth gambling with photography IMHO. Plus, I am sure plenty of guests will be snapping away as well :goodvibes

I look forward to more!

You know, you wouldnt think it, but 5 cats is waaaay more work than when I just had 3! I've only had the last 2 for a little over a year and boy do we go thru a lot more food and litter!

Thanks for the compliment on our invitations - they took us forever. I dont think all our guests have any idea how much work they were! But I know my other Disbrides get it :goodvibes
The almond cake and ammaretto mousse was just yummy, I'm not sure how to describe it. Almond-y. Sweet. ummm.... should i just send you a piece? ;)

Awesome about the dance lessons, it will get easier and you wont have to count in your head so much. Play the song while your driving to work so it sounds more natural to you, thats what I always do when I am choreographing a dance and it works wonders:thumbsup2

And thanks for the window cling instructions:goodvibes

Ilove all the BM jewlery, great finds!. It looks like its all coming together:goodvibes

Thanks for the advice Sam of listening to it in my car, I will have to try that. I also added it to my ipod and will take that to work too. I am sure it will get easier with practice. How is your new studio going anyway? I am sure you are extremely busy with that plus wedding planning!!

You are quite welcome for the window cling instructions - it really is super simple. And I think it will be awesome since all of our guests are staying at the same hotel.

Today was quite the eventful day! I had my first dress fitting!!!!!! :cool1:

The dress fit really well, not too many alterations needed. It would probably fit better if i lost another 5lbs but still, all good.
I hate my upper arms, but I've hated them since high school, not a lot i can do about it!

So, here are some pictures (not that great) of my fitting today. I am excited because we did at least find the perfect jewelry to wear with the dress (you can see it in the last picture). The tiara in these pics isnt actually mine, dummy me left mine at home. Mine is a little larger/taller.

IMG_0166.jpg

IMG_0168.jpg

IMG_0170.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter