jennifaerie's planning journal - 3/2 - Made it on the Maggie Sottero Website!

I won't say Neechee is really amenable to pictures, but in the few moments he sits still, he looks good! He was actually leaning toward the camera, trying to get the strap. :lmao:

Gotten a lot more compliments on the invitations! :lovestruc :lovestruc :cloud9: :lovestruc :lovestruc If I'm this happy now, I can't imagine how I'll feel at the actual wedding!

I'm so glad people noticed how hard I worked on them. Makes me wonder if they thought I was going to do them all in crayon! :rotfl2:

I figure since I've been babbling nonstop about stamps and invitations for the past four or five days, maybe I'd give you something new.

Ceremony Stuff
I really love the idea of rose petals getting thrown after the ceremony, but I wasn't sure about clean-up, so I opted for bubbles. Carrie's right-- they don't photograph as well as petals, but I'm hoping we'll still get some good shots.

Trying to find a unique bubble bottle (that's cheap) is no easy feat, so we opted to just get generic bottles and then have someone make labels for us. If I'm feeling particularly bored and artsy, I may add a flower or leaf to the bottles.

Everything was purchased on eBay.

bubbles.jpg

bubblebottle.jpg

stickers.jpg

stickersclose.jpg

My mother gave me packets of tissues for Christmas. They were Snoopy tissues, and we both thought they were funny. Mom told me I should hand them out at the wedding. So I said, Why not? I found more of them on eBay too.
tissues.jpg

The Favors

I went kinda nutty about favors. I had six or seven things I was obsessed with getting. I narrowed it down to two when I ended up getting something personalized.

We wanted something that reflected the fall theme, but we wanted fun too. We also wanted to give something that people would have for an extended period of time, rather than just for a few moments or weeks or months.

I thought about seed packets, but I just couldn't find something I wanted, and I was tentative about doing it myself.

Then these fell into our laps.

favors.jpg

favorclose.jpg

favorclose2.jpg

We opted not to get them all the same because I liked multiple leaves and multiple colors. I also liked multiple phrases. These came in packets of twelve, giving us the opportunity to have different selections.

We are also going to be giving away chocolates from our favorite chocolate place, The Chocolate Moose. Nancy will be making milk chocolate moose, and then a few white chocolate leaves in varying fall colors (red, orange, etc.).

They'll all be packaged in burgundy mesh bags from a place I found on eBay. I won't be able to do it until very close to the wedding since the chocolate will be done that week, but it'll give me something to do right before (and god knows I'll need something to do!).

Jennifer -- Everything looks great! I am so glad you are getting so much positive feedback on your invitations. I love the wildflower cards. We did the pink heart version for our vow renewal, and I think it is a wonderful favor! Ooooh, chocolates! YUM! :)

I love it! Everything looks so awesome- I bet that guests will adore the favors. Something in spring to remind them of the fun they had in fall as well as a nummy chocolate goodie!

The Chocolate Moose sounds like an awesome shop (wish we had something like that around here...) and how cool is it that she's going to be making these leaves for you! I can't wait to hear more! popcorn::

Can I ask where you got those favors? They are really cute and I am also having a fall theme wedding as well. Its another possible favor to add to my list. :rotfl:

After I posted, I caved and ordered some wired leaves to wrap around the bubble bottles. I can't leave well enough alone! :rotfl2:

I love it! Everything looks so awesome- I bet that guests will adore the favors. Something in spring to remind them of the fun they had in fall as well as a nummy chocolate goodie!

The Chocolate Moose sounds like an awesome shop (wish we had something like that around here...) and how cool is it that she's going to be making these leaves for you! I can't wait to hear more! popcorn::

You're my one-woman cheerleading squad! :hug:

Being allergic to chocolate is not easy when you visit there. They make all their own chocolate. My favorite concoction is their ice cream cone.

It's a regular ice cream cone. Except the ice cream is cookie dough (she usually uses chocolate chip, but she'll also use oatmeal, sugar, and chocolate chocolate chip... and yes, Carrie, sometimes peanut butter!) dipped in chocolate, dipped in white chocolate (for whipped cream!), and a piece of bubble gum or chocolate covered fruit for a cherry on top.

There are often toppings too. Jimmies, Heath Bar, M&Ms, nuts, etc.

Underneath the cookie dough is a layer of frosting (she'll usually put strawberry frosting, because she knows I love it), a layer of wet caramel, and underneath that, the cone is filled with chocolate. Inside the chocolate are little "surprises". She'll put candy in there. Chocolate covered fruit, M&Ms, jelly beans... anything she's got on hand. It's so exciting trying to find out what's inside.

GOD, I love those.

I love your favors! They are so unique!

Thank you very much!!

Can I ask where you got those favors? They are really cute and I am also having a fall theme wedding as well. Its another possible favor to add to my list. :rotfl:

I got them at both WeddingChannel and The Knot.

Right now, they're $11.95 for 12 at WeddingChannel, but they're $7.99 at theknot!

I bought them on sale at both places: 7.99 and 8.99, so I'd recommend buying them now or waiting for them on to go back on sale.

They also have all sorts of different shapes... not just the leaves.

Jennifer -- Everything looks great! I am so glad you are getting so much positive feedback on your invitations. I love the wildflower cards. We did the pink heart version for our vow renewal, and I think it is a wonderful favor! Ooooh, chocolates! YUM! :)

Cam, thank you, thank you! Aren't those favors great? Do you know if people had a lot of success with them?

You're my one-woman cheerleading squad! :hug:

Being allergic to chocolate is not easy when you visit there. They make all their own chocolate. My favorite concoction is their ice cream cone.

It's a regular ice cream cone. Except the ice cream is cookie dough (she usually uses chocolate chip, but she'll also use oatmeal, sugar, and chocolate chocolate chip... and yes, Carrie, sometimes peanut butter!) dipped in chocolate, dipped in white chocolate (for whipped cream!), and a piece of bubble gum or chocolate covered fruit for a cherry on top.

There are often toppings too. Jimmies, Heath Bar, M&Ms, nuts, etc.

Underneath the cookie dough is a layer of frosting (she'll usually put strawberry frosting, because she knows I love it), a layer of wet caramel, and underneath that, the cone is filled with chocolate. Inside the chocolate are little "surprises". She'll put candy in there. Chocolate covered fruit, M&Ms, jelly beans... anything she's got on hand. It's so exciting trying to find out what's inside.

GOD, I love those.

I think my butt just got bigger even *thinking* about that! Ugh.. I need a drool bucket! :rotfl2: Seriously, that sounds like heaven. And you sound just like my Oma! She's allergic to chocolate, but does that stop her from keeping a big bowl of KitKats and Reese cups? Noooo... ;)

And I can't help cheering when there's such great stuff to cheer about! :hug:

So much chocolate- have a banana! :banana:

Jenni, I FINALLY made it here to read your pj! Everything is beautiful! I LOVE the dress you tried on (and I still want to see a picture of you in it!), love the Jewerly (all of them are so unique...I also love the last set too), and your center peice ideas are amazing. I love that everything is so you! It is your wedding. People will not get bored at your reception! :rotfl: The favors are really cool too.

Looks great so far! That is so exciting that your invitations are out already! Yeah!

Oh my goodness your leaf favors are tooo cute!! WOW! I love them!

I read your whole PJ backwards and I adored your cake sketch, your cats are seriously gorgeous and that comb is sooooo wonderful. I would love to have it for myself! I would build a wardrobe around that comb :goodvibes :goodvibes :goodvibes :goodvibes :goodvibes

I think my butt just got bigger even *thinking* about that! Ugh.. I need a drool bucket! :rotfl2: Seriously, that sounds like heaven. And you sound just like my Oma! She's allergic to chocolate, but does that stop her from keeping a big bowl of KitKats and Reese cups? Noooo... ;)

And I can't help cheering when there's such great stuff to cheer about! :hug:

So much chocolate- have a banana! :banana:

Bananas! And chocolate! Yum!

Jenni, I FINALLY made it here to read your pj! Everything is beautiful! I LOVE the dress you tried on (and I still want to see a picture of you in it!), love the Jewerly (all of them are so unique...I also love the last set too), and your center peice ideas are amazing. I love that everything is so you! It is your wedding. People will not get bored at your reception! :rotfl: The favors are really cool too.

Looks great so far! That is so exciting that your invitations are out already! Yeah!

Oh, thank you so much!! I'm glad it seems different. I really wanted to personalize it so that people would know it was like us, but have fun at the same time!

Oh my goodness your leaf favors are tooo cute!! WOW! I love them!

Thank you, Jennifer! :)

I read your whole PJ backwards and I adored your cake sketch, your cats are seriously gorgeous and that comb is sooooo wonderful. I would love to have it for myself! I would build a wardrobe around that comb :goodvibes :goodvibes :goodvibes :goodvibes :goodvibes

Thank you, thank you! Mandy at Tigerlilly is *fantastic*! And thank you for the comments on my kitties. I'm very, very, (digustingly very) proud.

Hello! I just have to say, I love your ring, I LOVE LOVE LOVE your dress and I love the the marble engagement story (especially the part about how you had to ask him to pause the game- I actually had my husband repeat everything when he was on his knee because I was so afriad I'd miss something!)! Everything you have picked is gorgeous! Congrats!

Hello! I just have to say, I love your ring, I LOVE LOVE LOVE your dress and I love the the marble engagement story (especially the part about how you had to ask him to pause the game- I actually had my husband repeat everything when he was on his knee because I was so afriad I'd miss something lol!)! Everything you have picked is gorgeous! Congrats!

Ok, I hope this doesn't show up twice- somehow what I wrote messed up...Anyway... I just wanted to chime in here and tell you that I love your ring, I love love love your dress and I love the engagement/marble story (especially the part where you asked him to pause the game lol)! Everything you picked is gorgeous! Congratulations! :yay:

Hello! I just have to say, I love your ring, I LOVE LOVE LOVE your dress and I love the the marble engagement story (especially the part about how you had to ask him to pause the game- I actually had my husband repeat everything when he was on his knee because I was so afriad I'd miss something!)! Everything you have picked is gorgeous! Congrats!

Thank you very, very much! I'm sure the game pausing will be a cute anecdote for years to come. I know he wasn't paying attention to it, but I was (the first time I've ever paid attention to football! :rotfl2: ).

I still haven't visited the dress! What's wrong with me?!

GACK! :crazy2:

I can't believe you are ruining perfectly good cake with FRUIT! Good thing I will be miles away from this atrocity, curled in the fetal position and clutching a tub of peanut butter.... :rotfl:

Hmm... Well, my cake is exactly like this. Except the octopus is a cat driving a truck.

:rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

:lmao: I love that cake! I subscribe to the Pink cake box blog and i just love her cakes!! She's great!

Agreed, I finally went back and read the cake posts from the beginning. Those pinkcakebox cakes are all the same ones we looked at!! :goodvibes I absolutely adore your cake ideas...

It'll be like Neechee's driving the cake to the reception.

Or my tummy!

:rotfl2: Thats awesome!

:rotfl: I do this.

No, strangely enough. I keep telling myself I'll go on the weekend, but then I end up ... not.

I do need to go to just make sure it's the right one.

I just read that Anne Heap from PinkCakeBox is going to be on Food Network Challenge! Yay! I'm so excited for her.

I've received six RSVPs so far-- all yes (I guess the yes ones come first, then the no's straggle along at the end). I am very excited. You know how we all love to receive mail. It's fun to receive them instead of junk mail. And it's even more exciting to open them, not knowing who they're from.

Either that, or I have no life! :rotfl:

I'll be posting some new stuff soon... I need to take pictures of the glasses/garter/guestbook set. I got it off eBay for $100, which was amazing, since the set (or buying all the pieces separately) came to over $200.

I'm half tempted to do the blurb book instead of the guestbook we have, but... we have a guestbook. I don't want to waste it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter