jennifaerie's planning journal - 3/2 - Made it on the Maggie Sottero Website!

Do TOO!

1098601097_db7fa2b16f_o.jpg

Oh wait!

Hmm... Well, my cake is exactly like this. Except the octopus is a cat driving a truck.

:lmao: I love that cake! I subscribe to the Pink cake box blog and i just love her cakes!! She's great!

We Jennifers think alike! I do too. I just love Anne's work. It really warms me up seeing all her work every day.

My Matron of Honor lives about an hour from her, and she offered to bring a cake up, but I didn't want her to have that added stress.

But as it turned out, Jacques was very open to the groom's cake idea I had... they wanted to just take a picture and make it edible and put it on a sheet cake, and I was like NO! FOOD NETWORK CHALLENGE!! :scared1:

So when they went over my options, I really couldn't pass up having the truck *be* the cake, instead of having the truck be on top of the cake. When I was talking to someone there, she said, You know, this is going to be a lot more expensive because we're moving into exhibition type work, and all I could think was, BRING IT ON! :laughing: That's exactly what I wanted.

To make up for the lack of fondant on the other cake, this cake will be a truck, with Neechee driving (Rob had once said he wanted that as a cake... I also requested the caramel apple spice cake since he liked it so much), and in the back of the truck will be a little fondant wedding cake. It'll be like Neechee's driving the cake to the reception.

Or my tummy!

All that cake talk makes me want cake!!!! Is noon too early to eat cake? If only I had cake here. :( Everything sounds so fabulous! I can't wait to see how your cake turns out.

Oh, MAN!! That groom's cake sounds absolutely adorable!! Howard very quietly hinted that he wants a grooms cake and even suggested that he wants it for the rehearsal dinner (which is immediately preceding the dessert party!!! :eek: ). Now that I've seen and heard so many cute ideas for grooms cakes, I am starting to think it sounds like a great idea!! :lmao:

After four hours, the invitations are now ready to be mailed!

The Zazzle stamps came in today, so I went to town and stuffed and stamped all the envelopes.

Phew! Am I tired!

I'll be posting pictures of the stamps sometime this weekend.

Those cakes were A-MA-ZING! And the cakes from Jaques look amazing- I think they were a very good choice! The argyle cake is neat :thumbsup2 And the birch cake is *awesome!* I do pretty good work, but awesome stuff like that is something I will always aspire to. I can't believe that Mike's gave you the ol' hidey-ho! Go you for supporting local business! ::yes::

I can't wait to see the sketches of your cakes! The groom's cake sounds hilarious and the flavors sound super-nummy! My FH is siding with Carrie, though- it *must* be peanut butter and chocolate if he's going to be eating it!

Your babies are so cute! Some of the most adorable kitties I've ever seen! Cute overload! :faint:

I'm so glad that you got all those invites out and can't wait to see those stamps! (I still think it would have been a better idea to send out ponies. But then, I like ponies.)

But if you liked ponies, would you want to give them all away?

I think I'll have to take a picture of the sketch, because my printer is being very not nice to me. But I'll get it up. With those stamps I've been promising.

I dropped off the invitations at the post office today. Everyone had to stop and look at my stamps. And laugh. Yeah, the cheese factor is very much there. The people at the post office know me since I'm always mailing things, so they got a kick out of them.

It's so weird to know they're mailed. It turned out to be such a huge project. I'm sitting here thinking, What am I supposed to do with myself now? :lmao:

Seriously, flattery about Neechee and Emily will get you everywhere. They're our pride and joy.

Here are the Zazzle stamps we ordered.

These are the outer envelope stamps. I don't like them... I think I look a wee bit too masculine without my glasses. So be sure to look at Neechee and Rob more than me.

I chose this one because it shows the mural we have in our spare bedroom, which is a fall scene, and Rob really liked the picture.
59.jpg

I much prefer these, which turned out to be our RSVP stamps. I look much better in glasses. Sorry it's blurry. You can still look at Neechee, though. :)
us.jpg

I also made these, which I used on some RSVPs, but they'll also be used for Thank you's. He's insanely photogenic, isn't he?
neechee.jpg

I took pictures of the sketch so that you could see what they're planning for the cake.

thecake.jpg

A (sort of) close-up of the cake:
closeupcake.jpg

Close-up of the notes.
cakenotes.jpg

:rotfl2: I love the stamps! Okay, totally worth the price- and yes, The Neech *is* terribly photogenic! Those are such cute pics of the three of you!

I love notes! I can't wait to see the finished product, but it's so cool to get the idea from the sketch- I love it and I know it'll be fabulous! I love the fact that instead of greens you're pulling in those fall colors- they're just going to pop right off the cake! The carved rock is a very sweet touch :lovestruc

Awesome stuff- I can't wait to see what you do next!

Ah, you've already fallen into the pit of Neechee nicknames, so you're under his spell!

"You will love me."
iamadorable.jpg

loveme.jpg

On the topic of wedding-ness, I hand-delivered my only hand-delivered invitation. I didn't have one of my coworker's addresses, and his last day is Wednesday. I didn't want to not get his address and not be able to send it.

For the local ones, many should be received today. Weird. It's so strange to think that by the end of this week, most people will have them. Now, if nothing else made it real, this definitely will.

Seeing that cake sketch for the first time since we met with Tammy was weird. I had forgotten about a lot. I really can't wait to see it in person. I've instructed people focus on the cake for pictures (who cares about how I look?!), so hopefully, I will have a ton.

So excited that you mailed your invites! I am ordering them tomorrow after I fly to FL and get my mom's opinion(really). I want them to at least be on their way to us when we arrive back to NJ. When did you ask people to reply by? I'm just not sure when I should ask people to.

Oh and I love love love the cake design. I think the final product will be exactly what you want!

Lana-the evil wedding twin

I love your stamps, they turned out great! I cannot wait to see your cake! It is going to be amazing!!!!! :goodvibes

So excited that you mailed your invites! I am ordering them tomorrow after I fly to FL and get my mom's opinion(really). I want them to at least be on their way to us when we arrive back to NJ. When did you ask people to reply by? I'm just not sure when I should ask people to.

Oh and I love love love the cake design. I think the final product will be exactly what you want!

Lana-the evil wedding twin
Yay! See? You're on the ball (and far from evil!). We gave 8/8/08 as our RSVP date. That's forty-five days prior. 88's my favorite number too, so I thought it would be slightly amusing.

For you, I'd do it earlier. If you're going to order them this week, you'll probably get them in within the next two weeks. Mail them out right away, and have them RSVP by sometime in July. That way you'll have accurate headcounts. Your wedding planning might have an opinion on that too, but you'll have ordered by then. For a destination wedding/renewal, the earlier the better.

I hope I love the cake. There's a mini-twinge inside that makes me worry I'll find something wrong with it (Miss Negativity), but I'm 99.9% sure I'll adore it. :)
I love your stamps, they turned out great! I cannot wait to see your cake! It is going to be amazing!!!!! :goodvibes

Thank you so much! I can't wait to see it either! That (and the honeymoon! :lmao: ) are making me very eager for September.

I'm starting to get feedback on the invitations already. Yay! I know of three people who have received theirs already, and the feedback has been very positive.

In fact, one of my coworkers came up to me this morning and said, "You must have worked so hard on them." He had company over, and even his guests commented on them.

Yay!

Hard work paid off!

I'm starting to get feedback on the invitations already. Yay! I know of three people who have received theirs already, and the feedback has been very positive.

In fact, one of my coworkers came up to me this morning and said, "You must have worked so hard on them." He had company over, and even his guests commented on them.

Yay!

Hard work paid off!

Yay!!! Don't you just love when something comes together like that? They *are* gorgeous invites and I'm not shocked at all that your guests are oooh-ing and aaah-ing over them!

I love how Neechee is working the camera- I wish my dog would hold still long enough for me to get great pics of him like that! He would rather try to chew on the camera, though... :rotfl:

I can't wait to see more, Jen! You're going to pull it all together beautifully, I just know it! ::yes::

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter