Jeff and Jon's 1st trip to da World...Jan. 18-25 2009 Trip Report with pics!

YAY, Mickey waffles!! :yay:

This is a great trip report, Jeff! :woohoo:

It looks like y'all had a great time at Chef Mickey's, looks like Goofy had a good time too. ;)

I already knew we had not seen all of WDW....there were so many things I wanted to go back and do....we missed the Safari Ride at AK and I wanted to see Festival of the Lion King.....We didn't stop at all the countries in the WS. Our days were getting numbered......:sad:

We slept in a little late this morning and we had a lunch ADR at Sci Fi at DHS. I was ready to go back and ride the Rockin Roller Coaster again. So, the plan was to hit DHS, eat lunch, and ride the coaster and ToT....love them both!

We took the quick bus ride to DHS and hopped off. Got into the park with no wait. DHS was not so crowded like it was on MLK Day....they were still doing the work on the hat......

I went directly to the FP station at Rockin Rollin Coaster and grabbed a time for 1pm. It worked out good b/c our lunch ADR at Sci Fi was at 1130a. Jon shopped on the main strip while I picked up the FPs. I wondered if he bought any pins? I did not ask....:rolleyes2

We checked in at Sci Fi and were "parked" in our "car." I loved this place...
IMG_1689.jpg

I finally got to visit a Drive In with my honey and we felt like teenagers....taken back to the years of Happy Days....just without Donny Most and Opie....:lmao:

The food was quite good. I had the basic hamburger and Jon had the ruben. We both cleaned our plates...so it was good. The desserts were awesome too. We both got Sundaes with hot fudge and m&m sprinkles....yum! There were no complaints here and we will be coming back here!

I think if the back seat was big enough then we would have gotten in trouble and they would have kick us out! That may be a little TMI....we had fun! :rotfl:
IMG_1694.jpg

Lunch did not take that long....the movies and scenes were starting to repeat themselves, so we left. We had about 30 minutes to kill before our FP time at RR, so we went and met some more freinds....
IMG_1704.jpg

And these guys....
IMG_1708.jpg

It was time to head over for another super strech limo ride with Aerosmith....Jon has a fear of riding in the front of coasters, bless his heart, when the CM asked to wait in the number 1 slot, I was like...yay!!!! :hyper: We get the front!!!! Loved it! Here is the pic that we did not buy, but Jon took a pic of the monitor...I think they need to include these pics on the photopass....anyway....we had fun in the front car! Look at our faces!!!:lmao:
IMG_1711.jpg

We also took a final ride on the ToT......the standby wait was 10 minutes....loved how they change the ride so that no one gets the same experience....

After our goodbyes to DHS, it was 2pm and we decided to visit MK again. It was either that or WS at Epcot. So the plan was visit MK and then go to Fort Wilderness for our ADR at HDDR.....yahoo!

There's something about MK.....we just love it there and we seem to be drawn there.....but we did get to ride the other mountian!
IMG_1718.jpg

We had a stand by time wait of 40 minutes for Splash Mountain. We also grabbed a FP for Big Thunder also, so we hopped right on Thunder Mtn after our Splash Mtn ride.
Here is me studying the map.....such in deep thought.
IMG_1717.jpg

We visited Adventureland....ran into Pan and Wendy....all I gotta say is that Wendy needs to give it up......I will be nice and keep my comments to myself.
:snooty:
IMG_1749.jpg

We did all the things in Adventureland....the POC ride, the tree house, Jungle Crusie.....and spent a snack credit. Jon got one too.....mmmmmmmm!
IMG_1761.jpg

This is another pic that goes out to Uncle Remus....anyway! I love pineapple and pineapple does not agree with me....I always have this reaction to pineapple, my tongue gets swollen and the edges of my lips get really red...but I did not let it stop me from enjoying this treat. Jon glupped his down also.....a great use of a snack credit.

While sipping on our floats, we watched the show at the castle....ya know the one with the dancing queens and other characters....it was cute. Sorry no pics. We saw the same Pan and Wendy in the show that we met earlier, they must left for the show right after our pic was taken with them....

The afternoon was just very nice strolling around the MK with the love of my life......we took some more pics also.
Back of the castle...
IMG_1784.jpg

The Wishing Well Fountain...
IMG_1785.jpg

You can tell it's getting to be the end of our trip...look at my sad face!:sad2:

We headed down Main Street and spent another life savings on merchendise to take back home for freinds and family. I spent way too money our nephews and neices...but they are spoiled by Jon and I. Uncle Jeff and Uncle Jon will be bringing them here soon.....as soon as I get my Prozac prescription renewed.....anyway...

After shopping a bit and pin purchases....we headed to the boat dock for the ride to Fort Wilderness for Hoop de Doo....the boat ride was nice! A little cold, but nice. Crowds of people were lined up at the FW dock to head to MK for the fireworks....our ADR was at 715pm.....

Loved the dinner show! Just have these pics to share. The food was really good....fried chicken, ribs, beans, taters, salad, cornbread...right up my alley!!!! Everything was good! Delish strawberry shortcake also for desert.
Here I am....wondering where that hunk of a man that was dressed in the blue and gold outfit that was in the show......:faint: Anyway....it was all good and we will do it again on our return.....
IMG_1789.jpg

Here are some more pics of Pioneer Hall at FW.....
IMG_1790.jpg

IMG_1791.jpg

Make your ADRs for the place as soon as you know you want to go there! They do charge your credit card at the time of ressie being made. Very popular place, but worth every penny of it! We enjoyed it very much....
Question...for those of you that have been here....have you all seen the painting on the men's restroom wall? Very interesting....

The night ended with 2 very full bellies and several empty pitchers of Sangria from dinner....we hopped back on our lonely bus back to SSR. The CM that was driving was very nice and talked to us about our week.

Day 7/8- The tears....I will post tomorrow or tonight maybe....:sad1: Day 7 was spent at WS and DTD for shopping. We also packed that night getting ready for the departure to HHI. See yall then!

YAY, Mickey waffles!! :yay:

This is a great trip report, Jeff! :woohoo:

It looks like y'all had a great time at Chef Mickey's, looks like Goofy had a good time too. ;)

They were yummy....so cute too! Thanks for the comments!!! Im pretty dang proud of myself....

Chef Mickeys was fun....it was crowded and a little hetic, but as soon as we sat down in our little corner, it was great. I think the host sat us in a quiet section....the action seemed to be going on the other side! But all the characters do make their way around the whole place....I can't imagine being a character at that place! Im sure it's a busy job to make sure you seen everyone in the place....I'd do it again!

I think if the back seat was big enough then we would have gotten in trouble and they would have kick us out! That may be a little TMI....we had fun! :rotfl:
IMG_1694.jpg

Hubba hubba. :groom:

And these guys....
IMG_1708.jpg

I'm sorry. Which one is Mr. Incredible? :upsidedow

We did all the things in Adventureland....the POC ride, the tree house, Jungle Crusie.....and spent a snack credit. Jon got one too.....mmmmmmmm!
IMG_1761.jpg

This is another pic that goes out to Uncle Remus....anyway! I love pineapple and pineapple does not agree with me....I always have this reaction to pineapple, my tongue gets swollen and the edges of my lips get really red...but I did not let it stop me from enjoying this treat. Jon glupped his down also.....a great use of a snack credit.

Way to sacrifice one for the team. :teeth:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Great update, darlin'. ::yes::

We visited Adventureland....ran into Pan and Wendy....all I gotta say is that Wendy needs to give it up......I will be nice and keep my comments to myself.
IMG_1749.jpg

Wendy needs to go on a diet big time! :rotfl2:

The Wishing Well Fountain...
IMG_1785.jpg

Did you notice Cindy's crown on the mural behind her? Pretty cool huh?

I will be nice and keep my comments to myself.

Good lord, WHY?:confused3

Have you learned NOTHING about us? We love the snarkiness!:thumbsup2

Please, by all means, let yourself say what you're thinking! ::yes::

p.s. I'll also say, your two are a cute couple. Just adorable together.:)

I just thought I should mention that I'm a "leg man"......and you're killin' me here. :rolleyes2

Sorry to hear about your allergy. The Dole Whip Float looks delicious. I used a spoon to swirl the melting soft serve into the juice and drank half of it with a straw.

I read once that Captain Morgan makes that thing melt pretty fast! :confused3
So THAT's why I felt buzzed after having my Dole-licious gooness! :lmao: Rum actually might be pretty good in one of those. :scratchin

OMG, that was my first thought! I am glad to know that I am not the only one that thought she looked preggers.

Nah. She's just been hitting the Dole Whips pretty hard. :coffee:

Jeff, this is the best trip report with great pics of you guys, the rides 'n FOOD!! :banana:

And thank you very much for that pic of the Dole Whip, you're well on your way to bein' my favorite nephew.
AAsmilie_awe.gif

Very nice day all together. We did not return to AK during our week but we will be back!:)

Thats it for Day 4! Stay tuned for Day 5.....Chef Mickey's and back to Epcot!

When you go back if you make ADRs at Boma or Jiko (YUMM-O).... here is a quick tip.

Out by the pool (you can ask) they have night viewing goggles and you can see the animals. I think its 8-10 each night (I am sure it changes with time, etc). Anyway, a truck comes and puts out "snacks" for the animals between 930 and 10 and they put the snacks right in the viewing area.... You can see pretty much everything even without the viewing goggles they come pretty close!

Glad you enjoyed the day! I am enjoying your trippie :)

Hubba hubba. :groom:
I'm sorry. Which one is Mr. Incredible? :upsidedow
Way to sacrifice one for the team. :teeth:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Great update, darlin'. ::yes::

Thank you.....Mr. Incredible is the one in the jeans!:)
I love pineapple, I just hate what it does to me......I did enjoy though, my symptoms subsided within an hour....:confused3
Thanks for reading....the rest is coming shortly...

Did you notice Cindy's crown on the mural behind her? Pretty cool huh?

No, I didn't see that...how cool? You have a good eye.....I do sometimes, I have to start paying attention...:rolleyes:

Good lord, WHY?:confused3
Have you learned NOTHING about us? We love the snarkiness!:thumbsup2
Please, by all means, let yourself say what you're thinking! ::yes::
p.s. I'll also say, your two are a cute couple. Just adorable together.:)

Well.....I guess it's the sterotype that we lay on Peter Pan and Wendy......
the question is....is he or is he not? Thanks for the nice comment...I enjoyed reading your thread also!!!!

Wendy looks pregnant!

She is...she's gotta now that I am looking at the pic....so just how many times has she been to Neverland?

Aaaahhhh ..... Is Mr Incredible goosing your boy friend? :scared:

I know he was.....he snatched him right from me when we were getting posed for our pic.....:sad2:

I just thought I should mention that I'm a "leg man"......and you're killin' me here. :rolleyes2
Sorry to hear about your allergy. The Dole Whip Float looks delicious. I used a spoon to swirl the melting soft serve into the juice and drank half of it with a straw.

Well thank you.....:blush:
It's okay...It went away....now you are making my touge swell again thinking about it....

I read once that Captain Morgan makes that thing melt pretty fast! :confused3

Well.....maybe next I will be a airplane bottle of Cap Morgan...I hadn't had any that since college!!!

OMG, that was my first thought! I am glad to know that I am not the only one that thought she looked preggers.

She looks it now that you all have pointed it out! What will Mother Darling say?

Jeff, this is the best trip report with great pics of you guys, the rides 'n FOOD!! :banana:
And thank you very much for that pic of the Dole Whip, you're well on your way to bein' my favorite nephew.

Thank you UR! I would love to be your favorite nephew....will you sing to me also???:hyper:

When you go back if you make ADRs at Boma or Jiko (YUMM-O).... here is a quick tip.
Out by the pool (you can ask) they have night viewing goggles and you can see the animals. I think its 8-10 each night (I am sure it changes with time, etc). Anyway, a truck comes and puts out "snacks" for the animals between 930 and 10 and they put the snacks right in the viewing area.... You can see pretty much everything even without the viewing goggles they come pretty close!
Glad you enjoyed the day! I am enjoying your trippie :)

Thank you for the tip! We will have to remember that....I do wanna try Jiko next time! Thanks again and glad you are enjoying my trippie...

Finale is coming up soon.....I will also be talking about HHI...we did get a chance to stay there for 2 nights before heading back home! Thanks guys and gals!!!!

Hey! Hi from NC! :wave2: Loving your trip report! In September my honey & I are going without the kids for the 1st time. Hopefully it'll be as wonderful as yours sound.

Hey! Hi from NC! :wave2: Loving your trip report! In September my honey & I are going without the kids for the 1st time. Hopefully it'll be as wonderful as yours sound.

Well Hey there! Lot of us NCers on here.....thats cool! Well, my honey and I will be either going end of September or beginning of October, Jon went ahead and gave me the green light to start planning! Yay!!! Thanks for reading!

Oh having to recall the day's events on our final day at WDW is so sad. We had a great final day, but the whole thought having to leave the place was too sad. We hadn't seen it all! Plus, we were going to meet my parents the next day at HHI. I got lucky for a 2 bedroom villa at Disney's HHI Resort, which I will post the pics on my final post.

Good News...Jon officially gave me the green light on planning our next trip, so we will be back either the end of September or beginning of October. Yay!!!! :hyper:

Okay...Day 7. I missed driving our car so we used that as our transportation for this day. The bus system is very nice, but it was a good change for us on our final day at the world.

We went to the Boardwalk 1st thing after breakfast at our resort. After breakfast is when we found out that we had 6 counter service credits left on our DP and we are leaving the next day! Oh gosh! So we knew we were going to be doing a lot of piggin out....

After breakfast we began our day's journey driving to the Boardwalk. I think I fell in love with that place instantly. We had seen some great resorts through out the week, but I think I am drawn to the BW Inn and Villas. It does have that Atlantic City feel which is neat. Any of you all that stayed at BWV??? I would love to hear your thoughts!!

Parking at the BW was no trouble as I have heard on her before, we just showed our KTTW cards and they let us park on the property. We explored the resort and Jon could tell that I wanted to really stay there so I think this maybe home for us in September/October.....

Here are some pics that Jon took....
Love the decor....
IMG_1805.jpg

And I do wanna go here and cut a rug....anybody ever been?
IMG_1809.jpg

And we stopped by Sea Shore Sweets Candy Shop....and I was happy to see the Miss America Theme inside the shop.....Jon and I are volunteers for the Miss America Organization, on the local level, it was just really neat viewing all the history of all the Miss America's pictures hanging on the wall.
The official robe and crown was on displayed so Jon took a pic.....
IMG_1827.jpg

They would not let me try it on....:sad2:

After exploring the BW grounds and trading a few pins with CM there, we hopped on the boat to the WS entrance for Epcot. When I saw that we really did not need to take the boat to WS, BW being so close to WS, we knew then we wanted to stay at BW next time.....so close to Epcot! A hop, skip, twirl, and jump!:cool1:

We really enjoyed the afternoon strolling around WS, we did not go up front to FW, we really enjoyed WS. Here are some pics from that afternoon....

Jon in Morocco...
IMG_1834.jpg

Me and the Camel....
IMG_1835.jpg

The coi in Japan....BTW....Japan is our favorite country at WS!
IMG_1839.jpg

And we ended up eating lunch at Norway....
IMG_1867.jpg

Jon got a roast beef sandwich with a chocolate cake thingie for desert. I got the chicken salad with a coconut custard thingie for desert. Save your time and money eating here...the only good thing I can say about eating in Norway is the deserts are really good, but the actual food items are not that great....:sad1: I will go back here if I have craving for something sweet! Not for lunch though...blah!

We ran into Musu in China...he is so cute!
IMG_1860.jpg

We actually ran into a lot characters throughout the WS..Pooh and friends were in England...along with Mary Poppins. Also, we saw Jasmine and Aladin in Morocco....Dopey was in Germany. I didn't get any personal pics of them....but Photopass did and I ordered our CD from the Photopass online, but we have not received it yet. Speaking of Photopass, a really nice photopass lady did a photo shoot with me and Jon while we were in France which was very nice of her! She got some great pics of us, it was like having our own private photo session. I guess she was bored and wanted to take some photos of us.....:artist:

So, it was just a nice relaxing day strolling around WS and it made up for most of the afternoon. The weather was very nice and it did get up into the 70's that day....just a good day! We sampled some food from other areas to use up our CS credits....Mexico's CS was like Taco Bell. England had some pretty good Fish and Chips.....again, sorry that I took no food pics!

We did return home to dress for our ADR at O'Hauna's. Our ADR was at 830p and we were excited to see the Poly and eat at O'Hauna's.....warning about driving to the Poly.....the parking places are hard to find there, so go early if you are driving your own vehicle. It was like the mall at Christmas.....we were way early arriving....

The Poly is lovely. Love the tropical theme.....here are some pics!

Jon and the tiki...
IMG_1904.jpg

Me on the tiki....
IMG_1906.jpg

Jon at the pool area....
IMG_1923.jpg

Me entertaining guests at the pool at the poly....I didn't get a call back. Maybe if I had Don Ho with me, it would have been better....
IMG_1924.jpg

At the bar....
I just told the bartender give me something fruity, and he noticed that I had Jon already, so I got a Island something....and Jon got something with a glow cube!
Here's my drink!
IMG_1909-2.jpg

Okay...onto O'Hana's....and I will try to be nice. Early in the evening, I checked in at 8pm for our 830pm ADR.....It took almost an hour to be seated. The place was a huge zoo. We had a great time browsing through the shops and roaming the grounds, but we waited a long time to get seated.

And I hate to be negative about this review at O'Hauna's....we hated it. The food was awful. The only thing I liked was the chicken wings and desert. Jon became ill right when we were seated. Maybe it was a reaction from his drink, but it was the same drink he ordered at Boma which he was fine then. Overall, I really don't know what the fuss is all about O'hauna's....I hate that we did not have a good time. We did not let it kill our last night at Disney, it was just plain out horrible. The service was good and we commented to the very nice waitress that we were not "feelin' it " tonight.....Jon was sick during the whole dining experience...but while he stepped away, I took some pics of the action in the restuarant....

This lady was sweet, but she was beginning to get on my nerves...
IMG_1911.jpg

If you have kids, they will love this place....they raced around with the coconuts...and we had ring side seats.....:rolleyes2
IMG_1915.jpg

And I will end this note with a self pic of Jon and I.....Jon is trying to be happy but he was feeling the bad spirit of Ohauna's.....:sad1: I was feeling his pain....but it's all good! We had a wonderful week!!!!
IMG_1918.jpg

We went to go get the car in what was now a nearly empty parking lot and since Jon was feeling a little better, we went to DTD for some more shopping. Shopping will cure anything!

We came back "home" and we packed up a little so we would not have to worry with in the morning! A sad time.....:sad2:

Next up....a final note and pics of Disney's HHI Resort...

If you like the concept of Ohana, and want better food, and have a car, you may want to try Texas de Brazil. It's on the far end of International Drive. They have a website, and if you join their Internet club, you will get lots of coupons! The place blows Ohana out of the water!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter