Jeff and Jon's 1st trip to da World...Jan. 18-25 2009 Trip Report with pics!

Sounds like a wonderful day honey! :teeth:

That pin trading...it'll git ya' every time! :faint:

I questioned the fact of making an ADR at Boma. I have heard so many bad reviews. I am glad we went there....the food was excellent and I am glad that we went there. I was hooked on the salmon and chicken. Jon as well. We both really enjoyed all the different prepared foods.....and the deserts! OMG! They were really good too!

I told you it would be good and that you would like it :-)

Sounds like a wonderful day honey! :teeth:

That pin trading...it'll git ya' every time! :faint:

It was a wonderful day....Im missin it! Gosh, those pins.....:faint:

I told you it would be good and that you would like it :-)

I took your word, darling.....and you were correct! :groom:
Jon wants to go back late September or early October....:goodvibes I peed all over myself when he told me this!!!

Well hey there OrlandoMike....thanks for the tip....we may have to check that out....;)

They also do a Christmas overlay for Small World! Both are great, and are usually up and running by halloween, plenty of time in the off season! :thumbsup2

Great pics and storyline. I remember our first trip to WDW together in Sept 2007. We became addicted and promptly got APs. We just got back from our 5th trip in a year.

You both look like you are having a blast!!!!

Great pics and storyline. I remember our first trip to WDW together in Sept 2007. We became addicted and promptly got APs. We just got back from our 5th trip in a year.

You both look like you are having a blast!!!!

Thanks! I will always remember this trip.....I think we are done with the typical amusement parks like Six Flags, etc.....everything was top notch at WDW!

Wow! 5th trip! Thats so cool. We are looking at dates already later this year to return! So we will see what happens in the preplanning process....already looking at the calendar and see what dates works best for leaving work and finding a house sitter!!! Jon has given me the "green light" so we will see....

Thanks for tuning in!

IMG_1592.jpg

IMG_1595.jpg

I like the pairing of these two shots :lmao:
seems kinda funny - I always wondered where they got those neolithic gargantuan turkey legs.

Love your TR -- my DD and DGS will be so jealous that you got to ride EE so many times (it will be really busy when we're there in June). DGS is crushed that Space Mtn will be closed while we're there -- it's his fave.

Do you have photos of your room at SSR? What kind did you have (studio? 1BR?) -- glad to hear it's okay to be in Carousel. I expect that's where we'll be put also, but I hope we get to be closer to a mug refill station (I plan to put in a request, for whatever that's worth).

I'm really just adding myself in here so I can read more of your trip report...but I guess I could also stop by and get the news in person, since I work with you :rotfl: I'm mecllap's DD and I work at the carriage & trail barn on the estate....

and I am jealous about your EE rides!! I love that one!

keep writing please!

atoetap.gif

One picture of an apple tart, one picture of an empty chocolate sundae glass 'n one picture of a sign for turkey legs ain't gonna cut it, Jeff.

Hey, I'm just kiddin' ya, great trip report, it's nice to write a trip report, makes ya relive the time. :thumbsup2

And we get to enjoy your trip with ya. :goodvibes

I like the pairing of these two shots :lmao:
seems kinda funny - I always wondered where they got those neolithic gargantuan turkey legs.

I had no idea that I had those pics placed together....:rotfl2: how funny is that???? gosh...what a week it was!

Love your TR -- my DD and DGS will be so jealous that you got to ride EE so many times (it will be really busy when we're there in June). DGS is crushed that Sapce Mtn will be closed while we're there -- it's his fave.
Do you have photos of your room at SSR? What kind did you have (studio? 1BR?) -- glad to hear it's okay to be in Carousel. I expect that's where we'll be put also, but I hope we get to be closer to a mug refill station ( plan to put in a request, for whatever that's worth).

Thanks mecllap! I can't believe how much we rode it too! Someone told me that AK was the "forgotten park" and when we arrived there, I believe her now! Yeah, it is sad that Sp Mtn is gonna close, but Im sure it will be awesome when it comes back. Didn't they close Sp Mtn for awhile at DL? What exactly are they gonna change? I guess we will find out soon.

I have no pics of the room at SSR. It was a queen studio and it was quite lovely. Again, we were hardly there, but the location was good. The walk to the main buidling looked far, but it really wasn't. Jon and I love to walk and we really thought nothing of it. We never got one of those mugs, we took a full case of water and stored in the fridge that was in our room. The CS memeber that checked us in wanted to move us when she found out that it was a 1st time, but there was nothing available at the time....we were fine with the location....it was close to the main highway that leads to the side enterance near that shopping center right off of exit 66 ??? not sure, but it was all good.

I'm really just adding myself in here so I can read more of your trip report...but I guess I could also stop by and get the news in person, since I work with you :rotfl: I'm mecllap's DD and I work at the carriage & trail barn on the estate....
and I am jealous about your EE rides!! I love that one!

OMG! Now I break out in to "It's a small world!" I didn't know I had so many DISers near me! Oh we were so lucky that day at AK, but that day before at Epcot was a nightmare! So glad to have you join in!!!

One picture of an apple tart, one picture of an empty chocolate sundae glass 'n one picture of a sign for turkey legs ain't gonna cut it, Jeff. Hey, I'm just kiddin' ya, great trip report, it's nice to write a trip report, makes ya relive the time. :thumbsup2
And we get to enjoy your trip with ya. :goodvibes

I am so sorry! I just felt so crazy when I would snap a pic of the food! I promise the next trip I will take more food pics....;)

I, uh....*ahem*.....like this picture. Grrrrrrrrrrr. :lmao: Such a cutie.

Why thank you!:bitelip: If you're good, I will show you another one of my good side....:blush:

I have ran into an old co-worker friend on here and her daughter and have made some new pals too! Thanks so much for reading my trip report....I will have TR signing later. :rotfl:

Okay! Onto Day 5!

Now don't everyone faint!:faint: Jon and I decided to have Breakfast at Chef Mickey's located at the Comtempory Resort. Our ADR was at 11am. I know that is late for some, but it worked out fine for us. It was like brunch, but with all breakfest food.

We took the bus to MK and then hopped on the monorail to the Comtempory. *Please stand clear of the doors.....Par favor and I don't know how speak spainsh for the rest* Gotta love those auto annoucements. It must have been our week, we got to ride in the front cab again! :hyper: It was cool experiencing how the train goes into the building.....and I have seen this a million times on TV!

Chef Mickey's was a zoo. Overall, a great experience, but too many pushy families standing in line waiting to be seated. They take your pic if you wish, but it's an extra charge. We checked in at around 1045am and were seated right at 11am. Our host was very freindly and he was from Brevard, NC, a town very close to Asheville! So nice to speak to a fellow N. Carolinian!

The buffet is huge. We were starving so it was just fine, Pig Fest 2009 continued..... Our waiter keep the OJ coming and that was such a plus! They had everything.....and this 1st pic goes out to Uncle Remus.....
IMG_1650.jpg

I think I ate about a dozen of those....drench in syrup! Mmmm...so good and Im not even a waffle person...

They had bacon, sausage, and eggs prepared with cheese yum yum....I was eating off the kids section also.....they had tarter tots! We both really over stuffed ourselves here folks....so be prepared to chow down if you go.

It was also great that this is a character breakfast. Everybody came by except for Mickey....but we did see Donald Duck, Minnie, Goofy and Pluto.
IMG_1638-1.jpg

Dang! I'm huge in this pic! It was getting near the end of our trip, so I know it was beginning to show!
And here is Goofy again with another Goofy....
IMG_1640.jpg

Donald decided to sit with Jon and take a load of his webbed feet....
IMG_1643.jpg

After breakfast, we went to the retail store on the main floor and guess what we purchased? Another pin! Yay!:p

We hopped on the monorail and got off at the TTC station. Then transfered to the Epcot Monorail. Jon had to get another coffee at the TTC. Warning, they do not accept the DDP at this location...anyway...you would think Jon had enough coffee at breakfast...I swear that boy is going to die with a Starbucks in his hand...

Epcot was much better today. We went directly to Mission Space and Test Track. We grabbed a FP for Test Track and stood in line at Mission Space. The sign informed us that the wait was 40 minutes. We ended up waiting 90 minutes. We told the CM that maybe they wanted to check the wait time and he blew us off.....oh well! Anyway, Mission Space was awesome and we enjoyed it. We did the full strength orange side....my head is still spinning thinking about it! But it was worth the wait!
Here is Honey Lamb just after we finished the ride.....
IMG_1659.jpg

And here is Elise, I mean me at Test Track.
IMG_1661.jpg

Jon said that Test Track was no different than him riding me with in my car when I'm in a hurry to get somewhere.....:snooty: I loved it! We rode it a couple of times. We did a lot shopping at the MouseGear shop that was nearby. Also we rode the Spaceship Earth thingie too...people had told me to stay away from that, but we enjoyed that also.

We had a ADR at Teppan Edo located in Japan. So we ran through the World Showcase without stopping to look at other countries. We basically stayed in Japan that evening. Love that country. The shop was awesome....and I maxxed out one of my credit cards here! Anyway...Teppan Edos was wonderful. It was similar to your basic Japanese Steak House, but the staff here really makes the difference. They are so freindly and nice. We did lot's of bowing here! The food was excellent...again, sorry for not getting pics....we made freinds with this really nice family from Boston at our table! We will go here again on our return! Oh, and the chocolate ginger cake is to die for....loved it!

The night ended with the awesome Illuminations Show....they showed clips of Obama taking the oath on the globe which was a little teary eyed for me, it was just wonderful!

The bus route home was nice and quite again. We had a few folks recapping the day with us on the bus.....we were so worn out!

I hope everyone has a great weekend! My sister-in-law and BF are coming by tonight to see us since our return, so I hope to have Day 6 coming up soon. Day 6 consist of Sci Fi lunch, a final ride on Rockin Roller Coaster, back to MK and a trip to Hoop de Doo Revue...gotta love the park hopper....

Nite everyone!

IMG_1638-1.jpg

Dang! I'm huge in this pic! It was getting near the end of our trip, so I know it was beginning to show!
And here is Goofy again with another Goofy....
IMG_1640.jpg

I do :love: these two pics in particular. :teeth:

:wave: Have a wonderful visit with your fam! ::yes::

ETA: I was peekin' again and we sat in that same exact booth at our last visit to Chef Mickey's! ;)

I do :love: these two pics in particular. :teeth:

:wave: Have a wonderful visit with your fam! ::yes::

ETA: I was peekin' again and we sat in that same exact booth at our last visit to Chef Mickey's! ;)

It must be the queer section only....:rotfl2:

Great reading so far! :thumbsup2

And dear Lord, you are far from heavy or big! You look great!

Loving your trip report so far! You two make an adorable couple. Can't wait to read more!

Thank you! There's more a comin'....almost there!!!

Great reading so far! :thumbsup2
And dear Lord, you are far from heavy or big! You look great!

Before this trip, Jon and I were on a strict diet....before our wedding, we both were 60 pounds heavier and I just knew I gained it all back at WDW. Thank you though!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!