• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Jedi Training accommodations?

. . . I'm not even really sure who you could talk to at Disney . . .

1) The appropriate people would be Guest Services in the park.
. . . sometimes they can help
. . . sometimes they can't help
. . . it never hurts to ask
2) But, remember, they have to be fair to the other guests.
3) MAW kids have special privileges due to their condition(s).
4) Siblings usually are expected to be treated as average people.

1) The appropriate people would be Guest Services in the park.
. . . sometimes they can help
. . . sometimes they can't help
. . . it never hurts to ask
2) But, remember, they have to be fair to the other guests.
3) MAW kids have special privileges due to their condition(s).
4) Siblings usually are expected to be treated as average people.

Right, but there's no one to talk to ahead of being down there which leaves it up to chance. OP indicated she'd call Disney.

I'd make a different plan.

Does anyone know if this policy is different for a child on a wish trip? My oldest (10) will be taking his make-a-wish trip this fall. He's deaf (but with cochlear implant) and fully mobile (his problem is a very serious heart defect HLHS so he's had several surgeries since infancy), so he should be able to do this. But trying to get him to "race" to the line is simply not possible. His heart doesn't allow him to move very fast or very far. His idea of a run is basically a fast walk. I'm concerned that he won't be able to get a time. We're thinking of doing this around Halloween. It shouldn't be a very busy time, but that worries me. Do you know if they will allow a wish child to sign up the day before and avoid the morning race to the line?

This is likely our only trip to WDW. Neither my husband or I have ever been before either. My oldest also has two younger siblings who would definitely want to do this too. They will be 8 and 6 at the time of the trip and don't have any heart problems.

Like pp said I would contact your wish coordinator to see. But for all the talk about racing to lines I had a number of people tell me that they had no trouble getting into a show even up to 11am. We were there on Saturday which was an EMH morning and arrived after 9am (so 1+ hours after park opened for EMH) and went to sign up shortly after 9. There was no line at all and the first show time was around 3pm. We actually wanted after dinner and they had lots of times available from 3pm through the end of the night. TP had the crowd level predicted at a 4 for that day but ended up being a 3. So I'm thinking if it's not a crazy busy day the rush may not be necessary.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter