Jedi Training accommodations?

Shmoopymouse

Earning My Ears
I am looking for advice on getting my son asd/spd signed up for the Jedi Training. I read that the child must be present to sign up and I also read that you must be there at rope drop to have a chance of signing up, that all of the spots go quickly. We have several issues, the one day that we will be at DHS extra magic hours start at 7am and the only available fp time for Toy Story Mania is 8:30 pm which is also a must. There is no way that he will last for that long. Do they offer accommodations for SN kids? I am willing to hike over there by myself at 7am to sign him up for time in the afternoon. Has anyone ever had any luck with this?
Thanks

Last edited:
I do not believe they do because they ask them some questions to make sure they can follow basic directions (its a safety issue for them, the other children and the performers). You can sign him up and then leave to go back to the pool or leave in the afternoon and come back for buzz. (Are you talking the character meet because there is also one in MK or do you mean Toy Story Mania?)

You'll need to have your child present. I'd take him, sign up for a late time, and head back to the resort.

He can go back to bed or take a nap. Are you planning on getting a DAS?

take him up there first thing to get signed up. It won't take that long to get him signed up. Then go over to TSM, get a time on your DAS, check something else out while you are waiting, then ride TSM and then you have the rest of the day. You can either sign up another TSM time or get one for another ride.

We did this for our son with a DAS last November. There is no accommodation for a DAS regarding the child being present. There isn't a FP+ line, either, so he will need to wait in the full line. We raced at rope drop and still had to wait in line for over 30 minutes. We prepared for it, but he really struggled in that line (and it pushed his anxiety so over the limit that he had to leave the park before his Jedi Training time and couldn't calm down enough to return to do it with his brothers). So my advice is to have someone in line early for rope drop and come prepared to wait in line in any way he can. Good luck! My other boys loved it, and we're going to try again this November!

Also, if your son has a DAS, you can get a return time for Toy Story at a more reasonable time. You won't have to take that late FP+ time.

Also, if you want to use Fastpass for Toy Story Mania, check the day before or the day of your visit. Times open up. You can also take a later time and try to change it on the day of the. Visit.

Thank you for the tips. I think that we will be getting a DAS I didnt realize that you could use it for something that you already have a fp for. We should be able to work it out if he can do TSM earlier in the day!

Your son is going to need to be there to get the time.. You could send one adult to take your son while another adult stays back

So glad OP asked this. I had NO idea that you had to sign your child up beforehand, I just thought you showed up at the show time. So, just to make sure I'm understanding correctly - you have to sign up basically as soon as you get to the park? What if we're not arriving until 10:00 (on a 9:00 am opening day) in summer. Will we have any chance of getting a time slot? Can you request a certain time slot, or do you just take what you get? Are there any other experiences like this at any of the parks, that the child must be signed up for, basically when the park opens?

People literally run to sign ups first thing. Spots will more than likely be gone an hour in. You can pick from times that are left but they have limits for each group.

Can't think of anything else with sign ups.

We went on a crowd level 2 day in a very slow part of Fall (week before the week before Thanksgiving), were waiting 45 minutes ahead of rope drop, ran immediately to the sign up light, waiting in line for 30 minutes, as were offered a 3:30 or later time slot. I do not think that anyone not at rope drop has a chance at a slot. Also, they go through the line and count the number or people wanting to sign up. It's a fixed number per show, so once they count the amount of kids in line to fill all the shows, they just turn people out of line and close the line so people don't have to wait in line only to get to the front and find out there are no more spots.

BUT, I know people were occasionally dropping or not showing, so in our time slot, for example, since one of my sons had to leave the park before our session, a boy whose family was literally just waiting session after session for a drop was able to take my son's empty slot. But I got the sense they had been waiting for a long while to get that slot (and there were others who were waiting that did not get a spot).

People literally run to sign ups first thing. Spots will more than likely be gone an hour in. You can pick from times that are left but they have limits for each group.

Can't think of anything else with sign ups.

It's not like this for the Pirate Tutorial at MK is it?

My son has aspergers, we did the sign up soon as we arrived, what we did was had my husband wait in line and I walked our son around the immediate area or sat out to the side until dh was close,
Then myosin came over to answer the basic questions that they ask all the kids,
The earlier in line the better chance of getting a decent time, otherwise some times are quite late in the day.
We did ask if we could be accommodated with the earliest time, and they did fit our son in to the early slot.
I would have someone go get a time on the das for toy story while sombody waited with your son in line, that way it won't matter if you miss your fp time, as the das time is good for any time after your written wait time.
If your lucky enough to make you fp plus time,then you can go ahead and ride it twice, or just cross off the time and get one for something else.
Also remember that when you come back for your alloted time, there is another good 20mins of waiting around while they wait for kids to arrive, and get them dressed up etc.

I would have someone go get a time on the das for toy story while sombody waited with your son in line, that way it won't matter if you miss your fp time, as the das time is good for any time after your written wait time.

The child must be there for a time to be issued for a DAS.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter