Ja's WDW Make A Wish PreTrip April/May '13

Joining in!! Your family is Beautiful!! I cant wait to hear about your trip!!!I LOVE LOVE LOVE the countdown box!!! I can't wait til we know for sure when were going so I can start a countdown for my little girl!!

What a great countdown! Glad the origami has slowed down for the moment :rotfl:

Oh, me too :rotfl2:

Joining in!! Your family is Beautiful!! I cant wait to hear about your trip!!!I LOVE LOVE LOVE the countdown box!!! I can't wait til we know for sure when were going so I can start a countdown for my little girl!!

Welcome and thank you! The girls are definitely having fun with the countdown!

Ahh you're getting so close to the trip!!! I'm super excited for y'all!!! Cant wait to read about your trip!!! Are you gonna post while your there or just wait til u get back home?

Ahh you're getting so close to the trip!!! I'm super excited for y'all!!! Cant wait to read about your trip!!! Are you gonna post while your there or just wait til u get back home?

I haven't decided yet! I suspect we're going to be exhausted while we're there, so I may wait until we get home. Plus I can get all the pictures organized on my laptop better at home. I'm sure I'll pop in with a couple of updates, though!

So happy that Nate finished his treatment :-)

Keep an eye out for us! Ja will be the crazy redhead tearing around with a really short mom chasing her - we're usually pretty easy to spot ;-)

So close!

It sounds like you have a great week ahead and then having your friends on your flight - what a great way to start your trip! party::simba::simba::simba:party:

Do you have snow again? As I'm typing this, my deck has a good covering of snow from last night and there is still snow blowing in the air (yuck - doesn't the weather man know it is APRIL 20TH not February 20th?????). We were at least fortunate to have some warm (high 20s C / high 70s F) days recently. I think today's high is something like 2 C / 35 F but with wind chill it's more like -4 C / 25 F. I'm looking forward to a week where spring sticks around for more than a day or two!

I know that you are going to have an amazing trip. I am looking forward to hearing all about it when you return.

Judy

Sent the girls off to Grandma's for the day, where they're apparently erupting a volcano. I'm trying to get as close to finished with packing as I possibly can, since this week is going to be crazy!
Wish grantor emailed this morning, saying that she had the itinerary complete and she was about to email it to me..... 4 hours later and nothing! If I were an impatient woman, I might be checking my email every 20 minutes or so. I'm checking every 10, so you can take from that what you will ;):rotfl:

It sounds like you have a great week ahead and then having your friends on your flight - what a great way to start your trip! party::simba::simba::simba:party:

Do you have snow again? As I'm typing this, my deck has a good covering of snow from last night and there is still snow blowing in the air (yuck - doesn't the weather man know it is APRIL 20TH not February 20th?????). We were at least fortunate to have some warm (high 20s C / high 70s F) days recently. I think today's high is something like 2 C / 35 F but with wind chill it's more like -4 C / 25 F. I'm looking forward to a week where spring sticks around for more than a day or two!

I know that you are going to have an amazing trip. I am looking forward to hearing all about it when you return.

Judy

Thanks Judy! :hug: I can't believe that a week from now we will be there!!!
It's been snowing on and off the past couple of days, but not sticking around at least. I'm ready for SPRING! I'm not sure that we've had a single day in the double digits yet.

JWCJ said:
Sent the girls off to Grandma's for the day, where they're apparently erupting a volcano. I'm trying to get as close to finished with packing as I possibly can, since this week is going to be crazy!
Wish grantor emailed this morning, saying that she had the itinerary complete and she was about to email it to me..... 4 hours later and nothing! If I were an impatient woman, I might be checking my email every 20 minutes or so. I'm checking every 10, so you can take from that what you will ;):rotfl:

Thanks Judy! :hug: I can't believe that a week from now we will be there!!!
It's been snowing on and off the past couple of days, but not sticking around at least. I'm ready for SPRING! I'm not sure that we've had a single day in the double digits yet.

That would drive me nuts too! Maybe email her and just ask if she sent to the right email. That way if she just didny do it, she will then! You are so close!!

We just got 3 pieces of fantastic news :-). 1) Friends of ours are flying down for a Disney Cruise and we figured out we're on the same flights there and back! 2) We get to go to an NHL game on Monday, thanks to our local Kids With Cancer group 3) Ja will be featured as our MAW chapter's Wish Child for World Wish Day! We'll be ON our trip for the actual day, but they want to interview Ja before we leave! She's going to love it!

Those are exciting news indeed. I am sure it will be helpful to have your friends on the same flights there and back. Are you flying direct or do you have to connect somewhere along the way?

Oh it must be exciting to go to the NHL game! By the way, I cheer for your local team despite where I live. :rotfl: I hope your family will have a great time at the game!

I am sure Ja is excited to be featured! I will have to keep an eye out for that.

We are on a rare direct flight! We just need to hope that the girls will sleep on the flight :-)

Super excited about the game tomorrow. Glad to hear you're one of the sane ones in your city ;-). I might cave and post pics, which will give away our city. But we finally have it arranged that a good friend will be house sitting for us, so I'm not quite as concerned. Isn't too tough to figure out, anyway.

I'll post the MAW feature wish stuff as soon as I find out!

Our grantor HAD accidentally sent the info wrong - she sent it back to herself instead of to us!

But, I now have my hot little hands on our flight info, travel insurance info, etc! Confirmed are breakfasts at Akershus and 'Ohana, as well as BBB.
We get our plane tickets and final package tomorrow afternoon and our spending cheque is in the mail. All that's left is blood work and medication refills. Our ride to the airport will be here in exactly 120 hours!

C spent most of the weekend with Grandma (Grandma's house = Quiet Time, which will be lacking over the next couple weeks) so we're a couple days behind on the countdown box. They got a box of different coloured M&Ms to be spread out over a few days, and fancy smelly markers to draw pictures in their journals.

Trip might be rescheduled. Flight is scheduled for 11:55pm tomorrow night. Jace has a fever hovering between 100F - 101F. Bloodwork shows her neuts at 4300, so she's fighting whatever the problem is. If fever goes down, we should be okay to go; if it stays above 100F, we're cancelled.

SO. FREAKING. CLOSE. I have no idea how I'll tell the girls if we have to put this off. :sad:

Hi Jo.

Just checking in to see if Ja is any better or if you've made any decisions yet. I can't image how difficult this last 24 hours has been.

Judy

We're walking a tightrope here, but at this point the fever is gone and left is a sniffly nose and a still energetic girl. Hospital has told us that they see no reason at their end not to go. We still have 14 hours to keep an eye on her, at least, before the flight leaves.

Thanks for asking, Judy. I really wish I had a crystal ball.

Will be back to respond to your earlier posts, but wanted to let you know that we're praying for Ja, that you get to go as planned, that all of you stay healthy during the trip, and that you have an amazing trip. Lots of hugs :hug:

We're walking a tightrope here, but at this point the fever is gone and left is a sniffly nose and a still energetic girl. Hospital has told us that they see no reason at their end not to go. We still have 14 hours to keep an eye on her, at least, before the flight leaves.

Thanks for asking, Judy. I really wish I had a crystal ball.

I am sorry to hear about this latest twist! I hope Ja will recover quickly and you can go on the trip as planned. I am sending healthy vibes your way!

How was the game the other night - even though the team lost? We have never been to an NHL game but we have been to games for the junior league.

Glad that you had a great time at family camp. The countdowns sounded fun.

Yay for all of the fantastic news of the NHL game, Ja being the Wish Child, and flying with your friends on a direct flight.

Can't wait to hear all about your trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter