Ja's WDW Make A Wish PreTrip April/May '13

Aw, sorry she's had a rough week & is sad. :hug: Praying she's feeling better, and happier. It's so hard seeing them sad. :(

ilc1sw.jpg

Phew, it's been awhile.

Nothing new on the trip that I can think of. Oh! I've added ADRs at Via Napoli (I have been drooooooling over the photos of pizza) and the AK Rainforest Cafe (C really wants to eat there).

Ja turned 4 on Wednesday! I can't believe my baby is 4 princess: She's having a Muppet birthday party on Saturday and is super excited. Her wish grantor sent her a butterfly necklace in the mail - Ja LOVED it and took it to show and tell the next day!

Our family participated in a head shaving fundraiser. We raised over $2250 that goes to MAW, our childrens' hospital's pediatric oncology ward, and Ronald McDonald House! The girls got to shave our heads - although the stylists obviously didn't think I am very brave, because they left a lot of hair on me. My husband wasn't as lucky! He's pretty cute bald, though :lmao:

Our family
66994_10151343837924102_470403949_n.jpg

That's the boring update. February was a write-off. Ja spent most of the month laying on the couch; I think she made it to school a total of 5 days. Just counting down the days....

Not boring at all. :)

Loved the pics :lovestruc So neat that the girls got to help. Yay for raising so much for the fundraiser. Love the pink hair too. :)

Happy belated birthday to Ja :bday: I hope she has a wonderful party.

2lizng4.jpg

So neat that her wish granter sent a present.

Yay for your ADRs. :)

So sorry Feb. was so hard for Ja. :hug: I hope March is going much better, and that she's able to attend school. We know how hard it is. Lots of hugs & prayers. :hug:

Joining in on the fun of planning your trip!

Since your girls are animal lovers, I thought I would give you some ideas for your day at Animal Kingdom. These aren't necessarily the things you read a lot about in trip reports but they are things we've enjoyed doing to experience some of the unique things Animal Kingdom has to offer compared to the other Disney parks:

Discovery Island Trails - This is where the Giant Galapagos Tortoise is. He's fascinating to watch up close without glass or wire separating you from him.

Pangani Forest Exploration Trail - The bats here always fascinate us as do the meerkats and of course the komodo dragon. In many areas there are extremely knowledgable CMs who will talk to you about the animals in their area for as long as you want.

Rafiki's Planet Watch - If you time it right, you can see procedures being done on animals. This area also has very knowledgable CMs.

Hope that helps your planning a bit!

Judy

Joining in on the fun of planning your trip!

Since your girls are animal lovers, I thought I would give you some ideas for your day at Animal Kingdom. These aren't necessarily the things you read a lot about in trip reports but they are things we've enjoyed doing to experience some of the unique things Animal Kingdom has to offer compared to the other Disney parks:

Discovery Island Trails - This is where the Giant Galapagos Tortoise is. He's fascinating to watch up close without glass or wire separating you from him.

Pangani Forest Exploration Trail - The bats here always fascinate us as do the meerkats and of course the komodo dragon. In many areas there are extremely knowledgable CMs who will talk to you about the animals in their area for as long as you want.

Rafiki's Planet Watch - If you time it right, you can see procedures being done on animals. This area also has very knowledgable CMs.

Hope that helps your planning a bit!

Judy

Thanks for joining in, Judy! :wave2: And thanks for the AK tips :thumbsup2 My nature girls are going to have a blast there!

Subscribing :) We went on our trip last year and loved it so much we're going back to Disney! We will also be volunteering at GKTW on the day you arrive! DH will be in Amberville during the morning and I get to work in the Castle in the afternoon. Maybe we'll see you! You will be sooo glad you are spending time at GKTW. It's such a magical place! Looking forward to your trip report popcorn::

ambiancetc said:
Subscribing :) We went on our trip last year and loved it so much we're going back to Disney! We will also be volunteering at GKTW on the day you arrive! DH will be in Amberville during the morning and I get to work in the Castle in the afternoon. Maybe we'll see you! You will be sooo glad you are spending time at GKTW. It's such a magical place! Looking forward to your trip report popcorn::

That's awesome! We're planning on doing the pillows and star that afternoon, so we'll hopefully see you :-). Thanks for reading!

Ja had a blast at her Muppet party. I'll try to get a couple of pics up - I now have a 3 foot tall Kermit head floating in my front room. The kids made paper bag puppets and much glue was used. Thank goodness for dollar stores, lol!

So glad Ja's party went great!! I'm sure they had a blast. Happy Birthday to her!:cool1:

That's awesome! We're planning on doing the pillows and star that afternoon, so we'll hopefully see you :-). Thanks for reading!

Oh my, I would just die to help a child with their star! :wizard: I'm there from noon to 3. If we see you I'll be sure to roll out the red carpet treatment :)

ambiancetc said:
Oh my, I would just die to help a child with their star! :wizard: I'm there from noon to 3. If we see you I'll be sure to roll out the red carpet treatment :)

Aw, you're the best!
Just reading your trip report and it sounds like your oldest DD and C are very similar re: being perfectionists. We're currently having difficulty with writing because she might not spell a word correctly....

Aw, you're the best!
Just reading your trip report and it sounds like your oldest DD and C are very similar re: being perfectionists. We're currently having difficulty with writing because she might not spell a word correctly....

Don't even get me started with the writing! The oldest still has trouble with reading/writing because she just can't seem to wrap her mind around the fact that not all the words follow the same rules. To her rules are never meant to be broken so she keeps trying to read with all the words following the same basic rules. The joys of teaching American English to a perfectionist rule keeper!

ambiancetc said:
Don't even get me started with the writing! The oldest still has trouble with reading/writing because she just can't seem to wrap her mind around the fact that not all the words follow the same rules. To her rules are never meant to be broken so she keeps trying to read with all the words following the same basic rules. The joys of teaching American English to a perfectionist rule keeper!

I know! What really confuses me is that C reads at a grade 6+ level (In kindergarten - She reads the newspaper - we have to hide it!) but she doesn't have the confidence to spell and write. My mother keeps muttering about karma under her breath, lol! But really, rough/plough/though?Silly language....

My Muppet Baby.... who's no longer a baby :scared: And a very fluffy cat's bum.

7a7af53e-2e3c-4535-b3bf-943046a2b81e_zps4de4252c.jpg

My attempt at a Muppet cake - Thank goodness for my mom who saved a lot of my childhood toys!

cake_zps479e681f.png

Joining in :wave2:

Precious girls ! (I have girl envy ever since giving birth to my twin SONS :rolleyes:)

Love the cake .. nice job !

Looking forward to more of your trip plans :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter