• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

January Exercise Challenge!

45 min run tonight for me. That's 190/800. Got some new running shoes too today - didn't realize how badly I needed them til I tried on new ones of the same model and compared. Wow. No wonder my shins were hurting last week.

I will update the first post tomorrow. Thanks for your patience and great work this weekend everyone!

Good morning everyone! The first page looks so nice... LOTS of color, and a lot of people THIS close to changing colors.... :thumbsup2

tiki, greenfield, waynesherrie, chickadees and JVL - you've been added

MrsDrake - tell me about it... I have learned so many "life lessons" from my running and exercising. Funny how it translates into non-health/exercise parts of life.

Butterfly123 - Fitness disguised as fun! whoo hoo! I've never been spelunking (sp?)...

Fitgirl36 - As soon as I read your post I started singing "bust a move" in my head.... cannot sit still after that! hope you had fun dancing.

MRS AR - Congrats on your half!

Quicklabs - great idea to count your steps, but take it easy too! Enjoy your vacation

Plutobaby - sadly it's not happy playoff sunday here in 'the burgh' :( But thanks for the blog/website suggestions. I love reading and talking with runners almost as much as I actually like to run. :)

StitchIs Our Hero - it's only Jan 7. Nothing wrong with starting "late" - lots of days left to get to your goal

KateB - glad you're feeling better. I think my cold is finally on it's way out the door too! Makes it so much easier to be motivated to workout

Chicago262 - I'm so utterly jealous of your workout time. How did you manage to add hours to the day? Please share.... ;)

Last night, I did an hour on the treadmill and then did another 38 minutes on the treadmill.

New total: 192/1200

For anyone looking for some AWESOME inspiration, check out www.werundisney.com and watch the video from the 2012 Marathon.:thumbsup2 This idiot was in tears watching it. (Good ones!):love:

472/1700

That's walks, abs and weights.

Rose has inspired me with her run one mile every day. If she can do that, surely I can do a set of sit ups every day! So far, so good.

And my feet hurt because my shoes are old, so I am jealous of your new shoes, Figment! I'll have to see if there are any good sales nearby and maybe I'll spend some of my Christmas money on new sneakers!

472/1700

That's walks, abs and weights.

Rose has inspired me with her run one mile every day. If she can do that, surely I can do a set of sit ups every day! So far, so good.

And my feet hurt because my shoes are old, so I am jealous of your new shoes, Figment! I'll have to see if there are any good sales nearby and maybe I'll spend some of my Christmas money on new sneakers!

I was pleasantly surprised at Dick's Sporting Goods pricing yesterday. Or perhaps it's because I like my last year's model shoes enough that they were less expensive than fancy new 2013 models....

I did the sit-ups every day thing once. Maybe I will join you!

30 minute walk

310/1100

I'm going to try and fit in a yoga class tonight :)

Sit ups everyday!! I might try that, thanks for the idea.

Chicago262 - I'm so utterly jealous of your workout time. How did you manage to add hours to the day? Please share.... ;)

I wish I had pixiedust: and COULD add hours to the day ;) I just plan around my "me" time which is going to the gym. I am sooo much happier when I prioritize and make my workouts come first. Exercising used to be the first thing knocked off the schedule when things got really busy...but for the last 7 months it has been my first priority and I plan on keeping it there!! I have been substitute teaching for the past several years and any day I worked meant no exercising for me because I usually exercise in the morning. Also, the gym is crowded and it's hard to get my butt out the door in the evenings because the family is home, etc., etc. However, now I LOVE going at night because we have some awesome teachers that only teach evening classes so that really helps. Another motivator is actually seeing some progress in the weight-loss department :goodvibes

An hour WERQ class and an hour Strong class this morning bring me to:

660/2013 :woohoo:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter