• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

January BOG FP+...who wants to stalk with me?

I have 3 clients now that have received the email invitation for BOG FP+ on arrival day. All of them got the day they wanted but were not able to book sooner than that. Again the email was received in the morning of their check in day.

But those weren't January arrivals, which is what we're talking about.

I spoke with 3 different CM's within a month and they all have said Bog lunch fastpass was going to be available on MDE for my trip in Feb!

I just spoke (online chat) with a CM who said you can make your fastpass option 60 days in advance! I questioned him asking him if he knew what I was talking about.. (about the site) he said he did!!

I cannot make my 60 fastpass choices till Sat 12am (sun morning) so someone confirm this for your January trip!! Check again to see if BOG is a choice under your fastpass options OR Go to the restaurant itself under MDE to see if you can see a fastpass choice there! Right now, if I go to BOG under MDE, there is a link that says "additional information" which makes no sense when you click on it.. it says
"Interests

What's New, Disney Princesses
"

I mean that's it!!!! Why is that there??!! makes no sense!! BUT if it's under your 60 day arrival does it say something different??!!! hmmm keep checking to see if this is the new fastpass option for Jan and beyond!

Someone let me know... I can't make my choice till this weekend
Thank you!

I'm trying, but I can't get into the FP+ selections right now, and I've tried two different browsers. I would say I am 99% sure the CM you spoke to doesn't have a clue what he's talking about, unless it literally just changed this morning and BOG lunch FP+ became a choice.

EDITED: I finally got in and BOG is most assuredly not a FP+ choice in the Magic Kingdom.

I'm trying, but I can't get into the FP+ selections right now, and I've tried two different browsers. I would say I am 99% sure the CM you spoke to doesn't have a clue what he's talking about, unless it literally just changed this morning and BOG lunch FP+ became a choice.

EDITED: I finally got in and BOG is most assuredly not a FP+ choice in the Magic Kingdom.

Thanks for checking... What about on the Restaurant BOG page? Like how you making dining reservations? Does it still have a link saying "additional information"?

Thanks for checking... What about on the Restaurant BOG page? Like how you making dining reservations? Does it still have a link saying "additional information"?

Yes, and it still says that same thing about princesses or whatever.

I just tried for Feb 8 to no avail. I think the CM you talked to is clueless! I've been trying and watching these boards like a hawk and so far the January and February dates haven't opened up. Not on the bog site or MDE.

I checked the regular Fastpass+ system this afternoon to see if BOG was available as a choice for Jan. 25-27, but: no. It's not.

Only one thing is for certain about BOG FP+. CM's at the call centers don't know anything about it.

I went on the MDE app about two hours ago & looked under dining for BOG. There were two buttons showing: "Find a Table" and "Fastpass +". I clicked on the Fastpass + option and chose the day we would like, which is January 9. Then it brought me to the page that shows the 3 Fastpasses we have reserved for that day. I tried going through the change & replace options, but BOG did not show up in the list. So strange! Then when I checked the MDE website, there was no Fastpass+ button for BOG....only the regular "Find a Table" option for dinner reservations.
Just now, before posting, I went back to check the app again, and the Fastpass+ BOG button has been taken off

I went on the MDE app about two hours ago & looked under dining for BOG. There were two buttons showing: "Find a Table" and "Fastpass +". I clicked on the Fastpass + option and chose the day we would like, which is January 9. Then it brought me to the page that shows the 3 Fastpasses we have reserved for that day. I tried going through the change & replace options, but BOG did not show up in the list. So strange! Then when I checked the MDE website, there was no Fastpass+ button for BOG....only the regular "Find a Table" option for dinner reservations. Just now, before posting, I went back to check the app again, and the Fastpass+ BOG button has been taken offdde33 Who knows WHAT they are up to! Seems like they must be working on some sort of change to the system, but who could guess. I'll just keep checking for our dates, I suppose! I'll be sure to post when/if I able to get the Fastpass.
Sounds like bog FP+ is fixing to go from test phase to part of regular FP+. Which means it'll be harder to get a FP+ and require using 1 of your 3 passes. Guess we'll have to ride even fewer rides now.

I'm staying 12/30 to 1/3. All month I've been trying to get the BOG lunch FP on wednesday, 1/1. It tells me none are available. I can still get a lunch FP on 12/31, though. It's been the same every time I've tried.

I went on the MDE app about two hours ago & looked under dining for BOG. There were two buttons showing: "Find a Table" and "Fastpass +". I clicked on the Fastpass + option and chose the day we would like, which is January 9. Then it brought me to the page that shows the 3 Fastpasses we have reserved for that day. I tried going through the change & replace options, but BOG did not show up in the list. So strange! Then when I checked the MDE website, there was no Fastpass+ button for BOG....only the regular "Find a Table" option for dinner reservations.
Just now, before posting, I went back to check the app again, and the Fastpass+ BOG button has been taken off

Hmm, I just went on the app and had the same thing. There is a button on the BOG page that says "Select FastPass+." I chose it, and just like you, it took me to the regular FP+ page to change/select, and BOG was not an option.

I agree with pp who said it looks like it is about to change to a regular FP+ selection. It's fine by me, just a bummer that you have to switch a ride FP+ for it!

This exact thing happened to me many months ago, around September. It isn't anything new. :(

This exact thing happened to me many months ago, around September. It isn't anything new. :(

Darn. Well, good to know it's not new.

I am wondering if the "same day trick" on mobile will still work after January 1. For those of you not aware, you can use the beourguestlunch.disney.go.com address on a mobile device. When it asks you to select a date, don't select one and just hit "next", and it automatically defaults to the current date and allows you to choose times and meal selections. It worked for today when I just tested it to see if it still worked like that. So, I guess if it still works as of 1/1, that will be my backup plan to get a FP+ for January 7!

Thanks, nimbuscat! I was unaware of that little trick. I checked it out this morning when I saw your post. Going to remember that in case we can't get a fastpass+ for BOG before the date we want to go! January 9. When I checked for today it gave me two time windows to choose from, one earlier and one later.

I've been trying every day and today it opened up. I tried for our 1st day, Jan. 12, and it offered a time. Then I tried the 14th, the day I actually wanted, and got a time that day to. So we have a lunch reservation!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter