January AP discounts?

That is not entirely correct. If you book the AP ticketless package with dining, it is a package with payment due at 45 days. You can't book a room only and add dining without tickets like I think you are saying. I'm guessing the OP has a rack rate room and has booked an AP ticketless package with dining., but would like to have an AP rate room.

You can book a room only with AP discount and add dining (paying full price for the dining) without having to buy park tickets if you have an AP. We did this last year.

You can book a room only with AP discount and add dining (paying full price for the dining) without having to buy park tickets if you have an AP. We did this last year.

I agree that you can end up with that result (and that's what I said but maybe not as clearly as I intended). But it's a package - not a room only booking. It carries all the same payment and cancellation rules as all other packages.

You can also do that with an AP if you pay rack rate for your room - but it's still a Disney package.

I agree that you can end up with that result (and that's what I said but maybe not as clearly as I intended). But it's a package - not a room only booking. It carries all the same payment and cancellation rules as all other packages.

You can also do that with an AP if you pay rack rate for your room - but it's still a Disney package.

Agreed.

Just returned from the F&W festival with our first AP's. Now planning a return trip for MLK weekend which is mostly blocked out with the current room only discount. Will the AP discount black out that weekend too? I noticed that the current AP discounts run all the way through Christmas Eve while the GP discounts end 12/21.
Not sure if I should go ahead and book now and then change it to the AP rate later if it comes out?

Do you guys think there is any chance that the AP discounts will be more than the current offer? I got 35% off the Poly with the room-only public discount. Of course I would love more off in order to make our dream trip more affordable, but I haven't seen AP offers lately that have been more than 35%. Thoughts? Maybe they will just offer different resorts?

We have never been able to afford the Poly before and I am happy that we can do it this one time. But since we do have an AP this year I am being greedy and hoping for 40%. ;)

I called today and still no AP discounts. The CM tried really hard to sell me on the P/S/D offer and saving the tickets for the future.

We are actually travelling with some other family and this is the resort everyone else likes. We like it too, it's much smaller than POR/CBR/CSR, it seems to have more of a "deluxe" feel with still moderate pricing. We have debated about staying at WL with a 25% discount... but we'll see.

If you have AAA you may be able to book a room only with a better discount.
I just booked FQ with the stay play dine promo, and it had the same discount as POR.
Last Aug the FQ AP rate was no better then 5% :(.

Still nothing? You're killing me Disney World..

Umm yeah. I am looking to book for February. I'm just going to go ahead and book PSD and change if the AP rate is better.
But it's November .. they sure aren't giving you January folks much time to plan are they?:headache:

Umm yeah. I am looking to book for February. I'm just going to go ahead and book PSD and change if the AP rate is better.
But it's November .. they sure aren't giving you January folks much time to plan are they?:headache:

We're going early Jan , so it's countdown time but still no AP rate. Makes me very thankful I was able to lock into the 35% room only rate. :goodvibes

Has anyone gotten any inclination of when (and if) the AP rates are coming? I am in shocked it is a month after the visa rates were released and we still have nothing.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

The AP rates for 9/30-12/24 weren't released until the end of August this year. If they follow that same pattern we will not see AP rates for January until the end of this month/beginning of December.

We booked with the 35% public offer. While I am not expecting too much more than this in terms of an AP rate, it would be nice to add on DDP for our family

I called to check several days ago. I booked a king room @ POR for Jan. 26-29 way back in Aug. It was an AP room with dining package. I was quoted 980.00 for the 3 nights plus dining, which is really more than rack rate, if you do the math, but I wanted to make sure I had the room I wanted reserved. I think the reason for the higher price is that they actually make it a package by adding on all the coupons, golf, Planet Hollywood, mugs, etc. My final payment is due Dec. 12th. I finally gave up and rebooked with a room only rate of 30% off. I am sick of waiting, calling every week to get a better rate. I am willing to pay for the dining plan, but not at the rack rate +. The CM I talked to said she had no idea if there would even be a AP discount at this late date.

Looking back, the January AP rates have occasionally been released in October, but there are about 3 of the past 5 years where they weren't released until the 3rd or 4th week of November. Looks like this will be an end of November year.

We're currently booked with the 35% room only discount at the Poly, but we were really hoping to get a 1-bedroom at WL villas if not for the decreased public discount to 25% at WL. I'm crossing my fingers maybe the AP discount for January will have something better than 25% at WL.

They're up!

Passholders! Book Early to Save up to 37% at Select Disney Resort Hotels in the New Year

Passholders, enjoy a magical mini-vacation at Walt Disney World Resort in the New Year! Book early—by January 1, 2013—and save up to 37% at select Disney Resort hotels for stays most nights January 2 through January 17, 2013 and January 21 through March 22, 2013.

For example, stay in a standard room at Disney's Pop Century Resort starting at just $77 per night, plus tax for stays most Sunday to Thursday nights January 2 through January 17, 2013 and January 21 through February 13, 2013. That's a savings of 30%!

Make the most of your Pass with a stay in the middle of the magic. Whether you're planning a family vacation, a fun getaway with friends or a relaxing escape with that special someone, there's a Disney Resort hotel to suit your travel style and budget.

This special offer is valid at select Disney Resort hotels, listed at the bottom of this page*. Discover great rates from January 2 through January 17, 2013 and January 21 through March 22, 2013:

Disney Resort Hotel Category

Book by January 1, 2013 and Save More:

Book January 2 Through March 22, 2013 and Save:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Select Disney Deluxe Villa Resorts

37%

35%

Select Disney Deluxe Resort Hotels

37%

35%

Select Disney Moderate Resort Hotels
For stays most nights
1/2–1/17/2012, 1/21–2/7/2012, 2/15–3/22/2012

35%

30%

Select Disney Value Resort Hotels

30%

25%

Savings are also available January 18 through January 20, 2013.

The number of rooms available at this rate is limited. Savings based on the non-discounted price of the same room. Additional per adult charges may apply if more than 2 adults per room at Disney Value, Moderate and Deluxe Resorts. Minimum stay requirements may apply for Friday or Saturday arrivals. See Important Details.

Book Now — Rooms Fill Up Fast!

Book online, call (407) 939-2872† or call your Travel Agent. Be sure to mention booking code T7G when calling.

New Excitement at Walt Disney World Resort in 2013
Discover exciting additions of fun, from New Fantasyland in Magic Kingdom Park to refurbished favorites like Test Track® Presented by Chevrolet® at Epcot.

Plus, beginning in 2013, Disney Parks is offering Limited Time Magic. Delight in special opportunities—both big and small—available for a limited time, like unique park experiences, special offers, food and beverage offerings, entertainment and more. Experiences disappear as the next special surprise debuts.

*Offer valid at the following Disney Resort hotels:

Value Resorts

Moderate Resorts

Deluxe Resorts

Deluxe Villa Resorts

Disney's All-Star Sports Resort
Disney's All-Star Music Resort
Disney's Pop Century Resort
Disney's Art of Animation Resort

Disney's Coronado Springs Resort
The Cabins at Disney's Fort Wilderness Resort
Disney's Port Orleans Resort - Riverside

Disney's Yacht & Beach Club Resorts
Disney's BoardWalk Inn
Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge- standard view
Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa
Disney's Contemporary Resort
Disney's Wilderness Lodge

Disney's Saratoga Springs Resort
Disney's Old Key West Resort
Disney's Animal Kingdom Villas—Jambo House & Kidani Village
Disney's BoardWalk Villas
Bay Lake Tower at Disney's Contemporary Resort
The Villas at Disney's Wilderness Lodge
Disney's Beach Club Villas

Important Details

No group rates or other discounts apply. Advance reservations required. Passholder must present a valid Walt Disney World Annual Pass at check-in. Offer excludes suites and
3-bedroom villas. Offer not valid for Disney's Art of Animation Resort – The Little Mermaid Standard Rooms.

Other room types available at varying rates.

† If you are under 18 years of age, you must have your parent or guardian's permission to dial this number.

Thanks! I saved $110 over the GP discount for a stay 1/18-1/22 at BC CL. Even though most of it is in the blackout period, there is still some amount of discount each night.

I'm there 17th-21st. Looks like they blacked out my dates for AP rate?

They're up!

Passholders! Book Early to Save up to 37% at Select Disney Resort Hotels in the New Year

Thank you so much!!! This was actually the first morning in a while I hadn't checked if the rates were out. I was hoping for more, but saved about $10/nt so I figure that equals a QS meal for my family ;)

see my post...the rate is still better than the gp discount...not sure why...just get online and pull it up...

Thanks. I'm having trouble getting the page to load. I get as far as the passholder page that shows the discounts, but when I click on "Check Availability Now", I get a blank page. Anyone else having this problem?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter