• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

January 5, 2013 Fantasy Cruise to the Western Caribbean

I am getting so excited about the cruise. I found a thread with western navigators and keep looking at them. I keep looking at food threads too.
I am more excited about the cruise than Christmas. Rose

Watch the Disney Christmas Day parade on ABC Christmas Day! Brad Paisley just preformed in Radiator Springs to film his section of the show! I got lucky enough to be in the crowd in front of the stage!

I just finished the 4th of 7 sets of matching shirts for our two staterooms. now to prepare the screen printing for the next 2...

All most done

We will be there celebrating my 19th (Paige) & my cousins (Chloe) 4th birthdays with my mom (Nikki, 41) & my cousin (Lexi, 20). None of us have ever been on a cruise so we could really use some tips. The only excursion we have booked is the 12:55 dolphin encounter in Costa Maya. Can't wait to hear from some of you! 17 days! :O

This will be our 4th cruise. The one thing to remember is to have fun, relax, and try not to do it all.

OK just wanting to firm up exactly when we decided to do the group meeting? Last I remember seeing it was around 2pm on debarkation day? Unless I am confused.

I started rereading the thread, but with so many pages it was daunting.

So what was the plan?

mystycalchyk said:
OK just wanting to firm up exactly when we decided to do the group meeting? Last I remember seeing it was around 2pm on debarkation day? Unless I am confused.

I started rereading the thread, but with so many pages it was daunting.

So what was the plan?

That sounds fine with me. My only objection would be this is the first time I've ever cruised. I would like to spend a leisurely time getting lunch at Cabanas, taking a ship your and getting settled in before setting sail. Afraid of trying to cram too many things into a short time space.

I would feel better meeting up the next morning, but I've never done this before. :)

Normally I am an avid participant in these boards pre-trip but this year has been TOUGH and this one got away from me. I am so exited to finally get to think about the trip and have been reading the boards all morning - I cannot wait.

Does nay one know what to expect from the weather.

Normally I am an avid participant in these boards pre-trip but this year has been TOUGH and this one got away from me. I am so exited to finally get to think about the trip and have been reading the boards all morning - I cannot wait.

Does nay one know what to expect from the weather.

I know exactly what you mean. the three previous cruises we have been on we were constantly involved. With military orders and my hurting my shoulder we are barely keeping up. I just finished our FE gifts, screen printed shirt set #6 and about 75% packed....

As for the weather it varies greatly this time of year. Fingers crossed we have a good trip.

Has anyone else heard that recently the ship had to miss castaway day due to rough seas?

Mike

Let's firm up a meet & greet time! I think most folks agree it would be too hectic to do it when we first board. Taking that into consideration, which does everyone prefer:

1) An adult-only meet with a few cocktails around 10pm on the first night (1/5)
OR
2)A family friendly meet by Mickey's Pool around 11am the second day (1/6)

Or maybe a mix of both????

Well if we are interested in doing some sort of group picture maybe not at the pool...but honestly I'm open

I was just thinking pool because the lil ones can play while the grown ups talk- there is NO WAY anyone is taking a picture of me in my swimsuit if I can help it!!!:rotfl2:

MISSREBECCA76 said:
Let's firm up a meet & greet time! I think most folks agree it would be too hectic to do it when we first board. Taking that into consideration, which does everyone prefer:

1) An adult-only meet with a few cocktails around 10pm on the first night (1/5)
OR
2)A family friendly meet by Mickey's Pool around 11am the second day (1/6)

Or maybe a mix of both????

Hi! I'm up for both.

We would be in for an adult meet and greet the first night. My kids are pretending they are too old for the dis stuff. Is would be a fun way to get to know each other.

WDW Enabler said:
I know exactly what you mean. the three previous cruises we have been on we were constantly involved. With military orders and my hurting my shoulder we are barely keeping up. I just finished our FE gifts, screen printed shirt set #6 and about 75% packed....

As for the weather it varies greatly this time of year. Fingers crossed we have a good trip.

Has anyone else heard that recently the ship had to miss castaway day due to rough seas?

Mike

The dream missed CC on her Dec 20-23 sailing because of weather. It looked a cool front came through very quickly and so my guess is that it was either to windy or the seas were not cooperating, maybe both. We have done multiple winter sailings without any issues with docking at CC (knock on wood). We have a cabana so we better not miss it but if we do life goes on. The weather averages in the upper 70's to lower 80's. The forecast for Jan 5 at Port Canaveral said 60% chance of rain yesterday but I just checked and now it is saying 70 and partly cloudy so we will see what happens as we get closer fingers crossed it will be sunny.

I am so excited that we will be cruising soon. I soooo dont want to work next week. At least, it will only be 3 days. We have to finish our shirts and fe gifts.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter