January 5, 2013 Fantasy Cruise to the Western Caribbean

How do you find the itinerary? I am so new at all of this... also... Spa give away... yes please!!! :thumbsup2

If you go under the staterooms tab there is a section for navigators. Here is the link to make it easier http://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/cruise-new/cr-stateroom-navigator.htm . Just go to the most recent western caribbean navigator for the fantasy and open each link to the different days. It wont be exactly the same as ours but for the most part it is accurate and gives you a good idea of what the events of the days will be!

Hi everyone,

My family and I are going on our first cruise....and we are so excited to be going on the Disney Fantasy! We are a family of 4, my husband and I, and our 2 children, age 3 & 1. We hail from Alberta, Canada. I hope we can meet some of you on our very first cruise!

For those who did not get this on the Facebook group,

HAPPY TWO MONTH SAILING ANNIVERSARY TO YOU ALL. :banana:

Two months from this moment we all will be eating breakfast and/or traveling to the port.

Welcome to the new members on this cruise. :wave2:

Chris

For those who did not get this on the Facebook group,

HAPPY TWO MONTH SAILING ANNIVERSARY TO YOU ALL. :banana:

Two months from this moment we all will be eating breakfast and/or traveling to the port.

Welcome to the new members on this cruise. :wave2:

Chris

It is coming up so quick! :woohoo: I spent 45 minutes on the phone with on shore concierge services today asking all of the little detailed questions. They explained in better detail the Chill Spa, the Edge/ Oceaneer Club/Lab, and the Vibe for my cousins. Thankfully she also talked about the minor authorization form to us again, we keep getting different answers. This time they said that we need one per child and that only one parents has to sign and that it does not need to be notarized. We will have one with both parents signatures that has been notarized along with the one with my aunts signature on it just to cover all the bases.

One interesting thing they told me was that the dining rotation is subject to change and that they don't have the dining rotation set in stone yet for the January cruises. She said that they can put a note in the file saying where you would like to be on what night and try to get you what you want. I thought that the dining rotation stayed the same on all of the Fantasy's Western sailings?! I understand that the Western has a different rotation sequence than the Eastern but why would they want to mix up the dining rotation on the same Western schedule? :confused3

coloradodumbo said:
One interesting thing they told me was that the dining rotation is subject to change and that they don't have the dining rotation set in stone yet for the January cruises. She said that they can put a note in the file saying where you would like to be on what night and try to get you what you want. I thought that the dining rotation stayed the same on all of the Fantasy's Western sailings?! I understand that the Western has a different rotation sequence than the Eastern but why would they want to mix up the dining rotation on the same Western schedule? :confused3

Hi! I think they were talking about which actual rotation your family is assigned. I called Sunday to request the rotation where formal night fell with the Royal Court. The CSR told me I couldn't be assigned, but she could put a note on the reservation. :)

2 months are going to go by SO quickly! I'm so excited!

The first sea day would be good. :thumbsup2 From a photograph stand point it is much easier to take it outdoors. The lighting is much better for any camera. :artist:

Hi Morgan,

I would like to be added to the Facebook group....I sent you a friend request so I could be added. My first name is Suzy.

Thanks!

If I have my, skewed Disney brained logic, "math" right...... there are only 14 short days left until Thanksgiving; from there the following 33 til Christmas will obviously FLY by and the 7 days between Christmas and New Years are always so full of fun, that we are left with only FOUR days to pack- better hurry up, you are almost out of time!!:rotfl2:

Hi everyone!!! My DH & I, plus our kids (x5) and my DMIL are all sailing with you! I'll try to find everyone on facebook too!

So excited! Who else is not telling their family until christmas? I can barely contain myself! lol!

Hey everybody this is a quick update on the fish extender list. We have decided that anybody who wants to participate in the Fish Extenders needs to sign up by December 1st at 10pm Eastern. This will allow time for people to finish getting, making, personalizing, or whatever they need to do to the gifts before the cruise. If you would like to participate there is still time left to sign up! I am attaching the link to the fish extender thread to make it easier for anybody who hasn't signed up and would like to.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2926752

So my excitement level just went way up :yay:! I finally found pictures and video of our stateroom tonight. I have been nervous about being in a handicap accessible stateroom because of what we might be missing out on. It turns out it looks like the only missing is the big tub in the bathroom! We still have the TV in the mirror in the bathroom (isn't this the dream of a lot of men?). The sofa is on the opposite side of the living space than what the floor plans show, farther away from the door that connects our room to my grandma's and cousins. One of the other best parts of our room that I found out tonight was that our front door is automatic :cool1:! How cool is that?! All my worries about our room are now at peace since I have seen the layout. All that is left to worry about is the weather in Denver and Boston. One of the negatives about traveling in winter is the snow possibility and delayed and cancelled flights :worried: .

Hi everyone!

Since I'm not a big fan or user of facebook (I leave that up to my DDMorgan. I just thought I would ask, have we given up on the notion of t shirts? It's getting a little close and time may have become an issue now, so thought I would check. ;)

Shannon

Hi everyone!!! My DH & I, plus our kids (x5) and my DMIL are all sailing with you! I'll try to find everyone on facebook too!

So excited! Who else is not telling their family until christmas? I can barely contain myself! lol!

Welcome to the cruise group. :wave2: It looks like you have not done a cruise, or at least a DCL cruise, according to your trip listing. If that's the case I think I can speak for the others who have cruised DCL before that you and family will thoroughly enjoy yourselves. Especially your children. The clubs and activities geared to all ages of children will make their experience exciting and fun. In fact, you may find yourselves overwhelmed by all that DCL has to offer on the cruise. On a side note, when I was your children's ages, I lived in Oakland and Hayward.

Chris

Forgot to let you know that if you want to be a part of this cruise group on Facebook you can contact MorganR as indicated on a post she made earlier in this thread. It's on Page 6, Post #88 of this thread, and it lets you know how to contact he so she can add you for access to the group on Facebook.

Chris

Hi everyone!

Since I'm not a big fan or user of facebook (I leave that up to my DDMorgan. I just thought I would ask, have we given up on the notion of t shirts? It's getting a little close and time may have become an issue now, so thought I would check. ;)

Shannon

I was telling Lynn that we have not seen any posting lately from CoachRick on this matter. His last posting had indicated he was busy teaching again and had started up a couple businesses that all have kept him busy and he would most likely not be sailing this cruise as a result. He did indicate that if there was still an interest in the t-shirts he would provide such, and he would soon provide a link for ordering. I posted back at that time that Lynn and I were still interested. I have not seen any posts from others confirming their interest in the shirts after his last post, unless there have been PM messages sent to him showing interests. :confused3

Chris

I was telling Lynn that we have not seen any posting lately from CoachRick on this matter. His last posting had indicated he was busy teaching again and had started up a couple businesses that all have kept him busy and he would most likely not be sailing this cruise as a result. He did indicate that if there was still an interest in the t-shirts he would provide such, and he would soon provide a link for ordering. I posted back at that time that Lynn and I were still interested. I have not seen any posts from others confirming their interest in the shirts after his last post, unless there have been PM messages sent to him showing interests. :confused3

Chris

Hi everyone! i have interest in ordering shirts. In post 227 I asked CoachRick to let us know his intentions of selling the shirts and to provide a link. Sadly, no reply from CoachRick so far.

We are also not telling our daughter (8) until Christmas morning! We have also had a hard time not telling her or discussing it in front of her! And now that she is a voracious reader it is hard to keep anything a secret! pirate:

It's a big secret here too!! I am anticipating a huge Christmas Day meltdown, as the last two years there has been a big Disney Trip surprise from Santa. Scavenger hunts, clues, big productions- this year I have told the kids that it is clearly some other child's turn to have a big special gift from Santa, but I still think they are holding out hope.

The cruise is a gift from us this year, and they will not be opening it till my in-laws arrive which will be very late in the day or maybe even on the 26th. We have been telling them that we are saving our money, but we will only be able to get them one gift and they are going to have to share it. Never in a million years would they suspect a Disney Cruise!!! We told them it will probably be something educational- LOL

Cannot wait to see their little faces!

It's a big secret here too!! I am anticipating a huge Christmas Day meltdown, as the last two years there has been a big Disney Trip surprise from Santa. Scavenger hunts, clues, big productions- this year I have told the kids that it is clearly some other child's turn to have a big special gift from Santa, but I still think they are holding out hope.

The cruise is a gift from us this year, and they will not be opening it till my in-laws arrive which will be very late in the day or maybe even on the 26th. We have been telling them that we are saving our money, but we will only be able to get them one gift and they are going to have to share it. Never in a million years would they suspect a Disney Cruise!!! We told them it will probably be something educational- LOL

Cannot wait to see their little faces!

Are you getting them one educational toy as a cover up for the big surprise to come?

Nope, we are going to tell them that the cruise is educational- they get to see different cultures, learn about marine life, it's a great learning experience!! Just to be mean, we will be wrapping a box, inside a box, inside a box, etc.- and once they get to the smallest box they will have to put together a jigsaw puzzle to find out we are going!!! I know, we are cruel!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter