• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

January 5, 2013 Fantasy Cruise to the Western Caribbean

Is anyone else having trouble with making reservations? I am accessing my reservation through the Castaway site and I can attempt to pick a Palo reservation then the system is says not recognizing the reservation number that I am using. It is obviously the correct reservation number if I am using it from one of their pages. Plus I have my papers in front of me with the same reservation number. :sad::crazy2::sad:

We have been having the same problems you all have had since midnight. I gave up at 3am and just now tried again at 5:15am with same problems. I'm waiting for the DCL help phone to open and get some help, and maybe blow off some steam if I find my arrival time is later than I wanted to try for. Friends in Milwaukee, Wisconsin had same problems but eventually got through for our Palo ressie and hopefully our Para Sailing ressie.

Chris

here's an understatement. Talked to a DCL rep and it was confirmed the server is down. One good thing for us is that the people we are tied to were lucky and made our Palo dinner, brunch, and para-sailing ressies before they got locked out. I was told to try again in about 90 minutes. It's now about 10:30 Eastern time. I guess I have time now to get to the meat market and get those Delmonico steaks I've been craving for. Good luck to you all on your attempts.

Chris

Finally got in to the online reservations. Other then the spa we generally got what we wanted! So excited

:woohoo: I was finally able to access the reservation site yesterday around 5:00 PM. We were able to get all the Palo and Remy reservations that we wanted (dinner and brunch) but most of the spa appointments for a Swedish massage were already booked. At least the times that worked for us. With all the booking difficulties it makes me wonder if the appointments are really taken. If so, we must have a large number of platinum members sailing. I just tried to log onto the DCL site and it is completely down. :badpc: My computer will not even open the DCL home page. Good luck to all in getting your reservations. I hope they clear up their problems real soon.

With all the booking difficulties it makes me wonder if the appointments are really taken. If so, we must have a large number of platinum members sailing.

:thumbsup2 We're platinum members but we have not made any reservations for anything. :confused3 No plans to do so this cruise. We have found that there are always things available to do even as a walk up.

Keep trying I'm sure it will work out. :hug:

Thanks. :wave2:

Actually things did work out. Much of the problems must have been with the DCL site. Normally I would agree with you and say we would try for a walk up. However, this is the first time that our daughter will be able to enjoy the adult areas. She just turned 18 yesterday :cool1: and I want to make sure that she can experience all the previously restricted areas. She has been patiently waiting. :hyper:

Hey Everybody, we just hit 100 days until the cruise :cool1::dance3::banana: And with all the holidays sandwiched in-between it'll be here in no time!!!!!party:

This is always my favorite time- when it is getting close enough that you can really start planning FE gifts and figuring out clothes without feeling like it is "too soon!!"

This is always my favorite time- when it is getting close enough that you can really start planning FE gifts and figuring out clothes without feeling like it is "too soon!!"

Lynn and I know what you mean. We just completed preparations for a 1 week RCCL cruise we will take in a week, New England & Canada. Excursions, clothes and documents are ready. Unlike what we will take for clothes in January, we are taking the warm stuff. Can't wait to switch the warm clothes (long pants, sweaters, sweat shirts) for the shorts and tees. :cool1:

Chris

Hihi. I am an oldtime member here, but havent been active in eons.

Hubby and I will be on this cruise and the one right after too. Yes, I booked TWO 7 night back to backs.
We have been planning this trip since the moment we stepped off the Disney Magic for our 10 year anniversary trip in 2008. This is our 15 year anniversary trip.
I literally cried when we got off that boat so I couldnt bear to only go for one week next time :)

It would be great to see other folks there :) We have chosen our excursions, and since we have only been on one prior DCL trip we arent able to officially book them till next Sunday.
So excited!!!

Hi Everyone!
Well i Made a Facebook as you may already know from ShannonR ;)
And im here to give out the Security Code and Group name :D

The Group is Called " *Disney Fantasy Cruise* January 5th - January 12th* "
The security "Email" code is " DisneyFantasy2013@groups.facebook.com "

And dont worry ONLY I can accept people going into the group so i will no if they are REALLY from our group or not!! :D

And if you cant find the group you can alwasy find me and ask me to add you in myself :)
My Facebook name is Morgan JoEllen Gonzalez and if you cant find me threw my name you can put in my email "morganreeves57@yahoo.com" :)

Hi, I am trying to find this group, but no go. and though I found YOU on FB I cannot send you a message, there is only the option to add you as a friend and, well, since you dont know me, Im sure it would be randomly creepy to get a friend request from some chick you dont know.

:(

Hello fellow passengers!

I am new to DIS Boards so I'm not too sure how this works. A friend told me that you get to meet fellow passengers before the cruise and it makes the cruise that more fun. Our first cruise was on the Wonder this past January to celebrate my husband's 50th birthday. We enjoyed it so much that we booked another cruise to celebrate my mom's 70th birthday in 2013.

We are looking forward to making new friends...anyone else out there have a 14 year old going? We also have an 9 year old going and he really enjoyed the kids clubs on the Wonder but my teen was a bit nervous about going to the clubs. We are hoping he will make friends prior to the cruise that way he will have friends to hang out with.

Thank you! princess:

Hi, I am trying to find this group, but no go. and though I found YOU on FB I cannot send you a message, there is only the option to add you as a friend and, well, since you dont know me, Im sure it would be randomly creepy to get a friend request from some chick you dont know.

:(

Send morganR an e-mail requesting she add you to the Facebook group. That is what I did when it was established.

Chris aka Morsel(Chris/Lynn)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter