January 24, 2004 Cruisers - Are you out there???

WOW! One week to go! EVERYONE -- keep healthy and think warm, happy thoughts!

Looking ahead to Int'l. weather, St. Martin on 1/27 (as of today) is supposed to be in the mid-80's and slightly humid. VERRRRRRY tropical! Woo-Hoo!:smooth:

Of course, we're still not 100% ready; but boy I AM 100% ready to get out of work! It's getting harder and harder to concentrate!

Glad to hear I'm not the only one who can't concentrate. I am driving the people at work crazy, I keep giving them updates on how next week at this time we will be landing in Orlando.

Everyone concentrate on keeping healthy and staying warm. Of course we're having a heat wave this weekend, it's supposed to get to 32 on Sunday. How will I leave those temperatures?????LOL:Pinkbounc

Okay -- here are some forecasts...

Friday... Cocoa Beach... high 68°/low 48° few showers
Saturday.. Port Canaveral... high 70°/low 51° partly cloudy
Sunday... day at sea... ???
Monday... day at sea... ???

Sunday's forecast in
St. Martin... high 82°/low 73°
St. Thomas... high 81°/low 71°
Nassau (close to Castaway Cay, I figure)... high 79°/low 67°
All are sunny or partly cloudy, although there are thunderstorms scheduled for Nassau on 1/24.

I need the warmth!!!!

-- Adrienne : )

1 week to go! :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

It is very hard to concentrate at work & teach someone my job.
Most of my work cannot wait until I get back.

All set to start packing, clothes washed & ironed, everything all bought, suitcases out.

Can't wait to get on the Mickey Boat!!

::MinnieMo ::MinnieMo ::MinnieMo ::MickeyMo

I am glad you all are as crazy about the weather as I am...

I have big time "stress monsters":crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

I like that term....it fits just perfect.

My mother has now become concerned with the weather here in TO/BUF.

We have changed our flight to Friday morning arriving in MCO at 2 pm. Have a car rented for the day, 22.00 USD. She might want to go shopping or dinner at Disney? ::MickeyMo

The only problem is this we don't know where to stay for the night, this was not a problem before, lol. We have disney transfers to the port and it is too late to cancel them, so we thought an off site hotel, mainly because the Hyatt is now at 164.00 minimum:eek:.

Does anyone know of a hotel that is close by, cheapish (not disgusting) that we don't need to book on Priceline or hotwire to get a good rate?;)

Please include websites is available.

Sometimes I hate being the planner in the family. But I know that you all can help me out:p ! Right:confused:

Penny

Penny - check the main Dis board hotel area...the holiday inn at Disney seems to have availability for $69 on Frida and the Radisson Resort Pkwy for $74.....

Hi!

The various Fairfield Inns in the area (airport and closer to WDW) are between $59 and $139. You should be able to get a good room (with continental breakfast) for a good rate.

-- Adrienne : )

I found this on Dave's DCL site.

Hampton Inn - Florida Mall
59.00 +tax approx. 69.00

This is central, just 6 miles from the airport, has a breakfast or so they say or we can hit a resturant near by. Its on Orange Blossom Trail, so lots near by and the mall is right there.

We will be near the front of the line at the terminal now:Pinkbounc .

Mom, got to love 'em, right:confused: :eek: :p ;) ::yes::

I found this on Dave's DCL site.

Hampton Inn - Florida Mall
59.00 +tax approx. 69.00

This is central, just 6 miles from the airport, has a breakfast or so they say or we can hit a resturant near by. Its on Orange Blossom Trail, so lots near by and the mall is right there.

We will be near the front of the line at the terminal now:Pinkbounc .

Mom, got to love 'em, right:confused: :eek: :p ;) ::yes::

Hi all!

I just ordered a small fruit basket and the Bon Voyage goodies (with sparkling cider) for the room. I figure that event though there is food on board, it will be fun to have some goodies waiting for us in the room.

I am sending a Welcome Aboard gift to DS and a BDay gift to my Mom through Shirley at the Perfect Gift. Mom's is basically things to make the cruise more comfy (hat, sunglasses, aloe vera, etc. Any ideas out there for her basket?

Thanks! I can't wait!!!! WARM WEATHER!!!!

-- Adrienne ; )

How about some books! Or does she like to do crossword puzzles or word searches! Great way to relax, lounging on Deck 7 with a book!

We're almost there!

Scratch
pirate:

Well, we're more than half way there. DD and I are sharing a big suitcase, while DH has the smaller one. I haven't packed dinner or formal clothes for DH yet and still need to pack socks for dd. I think I may just use my Old Navy gift card and get 14 pairs for $20 and them dump them into the suitcase. I'm too lazy to try and match them all up.

For me, I still need to find formal and semi-formal and shoes. Can you wear sandals to dinner? I have a few pairs of birkenstocks.

I'm hitting the stores tomorrow, like a madwoman - Old Navy, the dress store, Costco, and somewhere at the mall. I found an old $50 gift certificate. Maybe I can get something for the semi-formal night with it. I just wish DH had something to do tomorrow so he didn't realize what I was doing to our Credit Cards. :crazy:

Scratch - I put the Dismeet in my Pocket PC. I made the Magic horn be my reminder sound. We'll be there!

Have a great weekend. Let's all do the warm weather dance!

Minniesota-
Water shoes are very hard to find in Minnesota during the winter. In the past I've just waited to get to Florida and all the gift shops and discount stores (Wallmart) will have them in stock.

As a last ditch effort decided to hit a few stores that I do not frequent to see what they had in the way of Formal Wear! After five stores decided to give up and continue with paying my bills and getting money for our cruise!

Well after leaving the one bank, which is in a very small mall, I noticed a sign and under the sign were Formal Dresses! I practically ran! I love Sidewalk Sales! By the time I left that shop I had three new outfits!

BTW, Black Velvet is definately OK for this time of Year!

One load of my mind!

Speaking of Loads, time to do laundry! Forgive me God! I know it is Sunday but.........

Hope everybody is also being able to fight off those Stress Monsters!

Scratch
:hyper: pirate: :hyper:

Well, we finally got our docs last week, and we are more than ready to get away from this below zero cold and snow. Last week the temperature was -12 F, it was snowing and the wind blew at 30 mph, all at the same time. You'd think that it would be too cold to snow, but we get "lake effect" snow from Lake Ontario, which is very light, fluffy stuff. There is now 14" on the ground and more is expected. Everyone should experience this situation - just once is enough, not day after day, thank you!

Now the packing begins. One problem that has cropped up, is that our airline - US Airways - has a 50 lb. maximum weight limit per checked bag. Any heavier than that and you pay dearly. We don't know whether to put the heavy items in the carry-ons, or take another checked bag. Otherwise I'm sure that we would exceed 50 lbs. with at least one of our bags. But this is just a minor glitch on our way to the sun and sand.

:sunny: :sunny: :sunny:

Laundry I HATE laundry load 4 is in the dryer and 5 is in the washer then I can pack!!

Bought the girls special cruise scrapbooks - they love to cut and paste- and now they are planning the books even though they don't have pix yet LOL

Still have to call the TA no updated itinerary with added transfers and hotel change I would hate to get to Orlando and have no place to stay :confused:

I think we have finally decided to see if we can still order something from the perfect gift for the girls. I wasn't sure about it but now the credit cards are out and spend spend spend :p

By this time Friday I'll be relaxing around the pool at the Hyatt ready for warm weather anything is better than this!

THEIR 80 HOUR, 4 DAY WORK WEEK!

I know I am 'cause that means..............

WE'RE GOING SAILING!

Not too much longer now!

See ya real soon now!

Scratch
:hyper: pirate: :hyper:

Hi all!

I made it through my busy work weekend and yesterday got to pack! I have some surprise books and stickers for DS, probably too many clothes, one formal dress (I Found one that fit!), one dress that can be for semi-formal (it's a nice sleeveless shell dress) AND for another night, and a jacket & a tux for DS!!! I am really excited about having a picture of him with Mickey on formal night, both in their tuxes.

Hmm... what's left:
1. Double check car rental rates and see if I can get anything even cheaper... LOL! (I have a $26 rate one way from AVIS to get from MCO to the Port. of course, taxes add about $10, but that's still really cheap in my book!)
2. Buy a few more sundries -- Tums, etc.
3. Double check my packing list against the one I compiled from DISBoard suggestions
4. WORK!
5. Nails & waxing...

I am so ready. It is freezing here in NJ and there is ice everywhere!

See you so soon!!!! I am really looking forward to the DISMeet!

-- Adrienne ; )

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter