January 24, 2004 Cruisers - Are you out there???

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Meets' started by TheGlensideGregorys, Sep 19, 2003.

1. TheGlensideGregorys

TheGlensideGregorys Mouseketeer

Myself, DW, and DS (4) are booked for the Jan. 24 Eastern. Any other cruisers out there?

After dodging Isabel, but taking a direct hit from a burst pipe (kitchen was so full of water, I thought I would have seen the ship go by...), I am MORE than ready to sail!

SO who else will be making for a MAGICal journey in January???:bounce:

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. pjpoohbear

pjpoohbear <font color=blue>Back in DVC point Debt!<br><font

There is a thread somewhere, way down the forum. It has not been overly active, but there are maybe a half dozen groups/families from the DIS travelling on the magic that week.

I will have my lime green mickey head tag on, so look for me and my mother, we will be hitting topsiders for that wonderful shrimp. LOL.

Welcome, to the cruise of the year, lol. Maybe we can get some action going on this thread.

Getting close to the double digit, :Pinkbounc

PjPoohbear

4. Suecot2000

Suecot2000 Mouseketeer

I will be sailing on the Janurary 24 Eastern also. I just made plans and committed to it just a few weeks ago. I haven't added a countdown clock for this cruise yet. (Can't figure out how to get rid of the old one...LOL). Have a ressie for the Radisson at the Port the night before sailing.

I'm traveling with a large group on NON-DISERS (imagine that). But hoping to have a wonderful time just the same.

5. Minybear

Minybear BCV/VGC Owner

6. mariamard

mariamard <font color=brown>Had to stand like the letter T<b

WE ARE WITH YOU!!! I WAS JUST GOING TO START A THREAD......WE WILL BE DOWN THERE A FEW DAYS EARLY ....AT WDW CARRIBEAN BEACH. IT WILL BE ME31, DH 29, DD13,DD4,DD7WEEKS, DMIL 51. CANT WAIT!!! OH MY GOD... THE CRUISE IS ONLY 4 MONTHS AWAY!!! IS IT TOO SOON TO START PACKING?;) TO BE HONEST, WE ALREADY STARTED TO PUT SUMMER ITEMS IN OUR SUITCASES:p

7. disneylover5

disneylover5 <font color=blue>I am ready to go now as well<br><

We are in this party too!! There are 10 of us and we have 3 cabins on deck 2. My best friend and her family are travelling with us. We have 1 ds and 2 dd...they have 3ds. We have done 2 sailings of 4 days and this will be our first 7 day cruise.

Can someone tell me what the biggest difference between the 4 day and 7 day is...except the obvious!! I would love to know what to expect!

8. TheGlensideGregorys

Wow! I had looked for a thread, but I guess I didn't go back far enough. We just booked this within the last 2 weeks, and it is our first DCL crusie, and only our 2nd cruise. For DS, it's a first, and he is very excited!

Disneylover-- we are on deck 2 as well (unless the we are lucky enough for an upgrade)! I'm a new DISer, so I hope to be able to meet and say "hi" to you all!

We are staying at the Raddison the night before... anybody else confirmed for that?

9. BuzzBoyMom

BuzzBoyMom <font color=navy>My boys are my world!<br><font co

I was beginning to wonder why there was no thread for our cruise! I've been counting down for over a year.

Hey "TheGlensideGregorys" - we're with ya! We're from Camp Hill PA, we have a DS4 and we're staying at the Radisson the night before! Maybe we can hook up and our boys can entertain each other. We also have a DS who will be 6 when we cruise.

Can't wait!!!

10. mariamard

mariamard <font color=brown>Had to stand like the letter T<b

WE HAD RESSIES FOR THE RADISSIN FOR TWO NIGHTS BEFORE SAILING AND WE THOUGHT THAT SINCE WE ARE DOWN THERE, LETS GO TO WDW!!! WE HAVE GREAT RATES FOR C. BEACH A.D SINCE WE RENTED A CAR (FROM AVIS) WE WOULD DRIVE TO THE CAPE AND DRPO OFF. DOES ANYONE KNOW WHERE THE NEW DROP OFF FOR AVIS IS? I READ A WHILE BACK THAT AVIS MOVED THE RENTAL DESK.... :confused:

11. TiggerPU88

TiggerPU88 WDW & DCL Fan!

Hi all!

Glad to see this thread come back (Hi BuzzBoyMom!).

We will be there -- me (37), My Mom (63 -- on 1/23!) and DS (28 months). DH doesn't want to cruise -- boo hoo! the rest of us are psyched, though. DS keeps talking about Mickey's boat.

We'll be at the Marriott at the airport the night before. We were planning on taking the bus, but we might switch to a limo so we can get some lactaid millk for DS. They have soy on the ship, but he really likes lactaid better (especially at bedtime).

Can't wait for the double-digit dance -- or the trip DH, DS & I will be making to WDW in !% DAYS!!!

12. disneylover5

disneylover5 <font color=blue>I am ready to go now as well<br><

Glenside Gregories:

You will not be disappointed with deck 2. This will be our thrid time staying on deck 2 and we have always had a wonderful time. The porthole is large and we found out that all we really were doing was sleeping in the room. We were out running around all the rest of the time. We will have 3 teenage boys with us and I can tell you they will not be caught dead in the room...except to sleep.

Our stateroom #'s are 2530, 2528, 2532.

We are looking forward to a wonderful week. We started talking about what to do on the islands this weekend....

13. Scratch42

Scratch42 <font color=navy>I Owe, I Owe, so Off to Work I go

Gonna be celebrating DD's 12th Birthday! and hopefully this time no "Attack of the Tube Steak"!

This will be our first 7 day and will be meeting up with Minybear and her Hubby with whom we met last year!

Luckily Dramamine is no longer a prescription drug in Canada!

Can hardly wait! Hopefully this time I will make it to Palo!

See ya real soon!

Scratch
    :smooth:

14. BuzzBoyMom

Can anyone suggest good excursions for small kids. Seems that most of them are more appropriate for older kids (6 and up).
    Thanks

15. pjpoohbear

Is anyone interested in a group palo's Tea or Brunch

Best Day?

Event?

Time?

Please PM me!!!!!!!

16. Minybear

Minybear BCV/VGC Owner

Hi everyone

I just paid for airline and paid off our cruise for January and I got this in from DU. Am I the last to know about this?

"As per Disney Cruise Lines new policy, you are eligible to prebook shore excursions on your upcoming Disney Cruise Vacation 60 days prior to sail date!!!"

Ok do we start booking excursions 11/24th?:confused:

Minybear

17. pjpoohbear

MinyBear

Our 60 day mark should be November 25th the same as our last payment date.

Pesky December has a extra day, lol.

What is everyone thinking about for tours?

We are looking at possibly doing;
    Under two flags in St. Maarten/St. Martin &
    St. Thomas Island tour in St. Thomas, I also hope to take trip up the Tramway.

Mom can't do anything with much activity so some nice bus rides should do us well.

18. the4nitz's

the4nitz's DCL Veteran Cruiser

We are booked on the Magic Jan 24, 04 in room 6058. Along will be DW, & two DD's 4 and 1. We are arriving Friday night and staying at the Holiday Inn Express just down the road. This is our very first cruise and can't wait. :sunny: :sunny: :sunny:

19. BuzzBoyMom

I don't think our thread is very busy....there's got to be more of us out there!!

20. TiggerPU88

TiggerPU88 WDW & DCL Fan!

Hello 1/24 cruisers!!!

We are fewer than 100 days out! Hooray!!! Hooray!!!

We just returned from WDW and after having a wonderful experience with our limo driver, are now considering taking a car to the port on Saturday morning. (We'll probably be staying at the Airport Marriott.) The driver has two cars -- one that would fit the three of us and one that would fit 10. So, naturally, I thought of my fellow DISBoard people! Does anyone want to share a stretch limo from MCO to the Port, leaving at about 9:00 a.m.?

21. TheGlensideGregorys

[B}Nice to see this thread back - especially w/in the 100 day mark! Can't wait to get those excursion books, etc. And really start planning. Fellow Cruisers - we're coming in to FL on 1/23, staying in PC at the Radisson. I know BuzzBoyMom is donit the same - what about the rest of you? When and Where are you coming in?? [/B]