January 24, 2004 Cruisers - Are you out there???

mariamard - I don't know of any limit on the ship. I think the limit comes into play with the airlines limiting you to 2 checked bags per person. I don't think it matters to the cruise line, it's just a matter of fitting it in the room.

Dancermom/ Mariamard:

Disney send just two tags per person for luggage id. And somewhere they do state that the checked limit is two bags per person.

We are flying out of Buffalo and we have a three bag limit on Jetblue, but we can only have two bags checked with DCL.

And any bags that do not fit through the scanner at the port need to be check, I believe. The port scanner is similar in size to the ones located at most airports.

All information I have read seems to follow this. The carry on limit is not stated anywhere, but no items on wheels, like trolleys or wheeled coolers.

Penny

Thoughts and prayers with those whose loved one are not in good health.

Hello 1/24 cruisers,

This will be the first cruise for myself 44, DW 38, DD 10, and DD 6.
I have never joined a forum before but this is such a good resource for information and Jan 24th is getting close and it just snowed 8 inches here in MN and I'm getting excited about going even though the cruise was my wife's idea, so I needed to join.

I'll be shoveling tonight, but my mind will be snorkling.

David welcome to the cruise!

You will have a wonderful time on the ship and here on the boards! AS you get to know more of us on this sailing you might want to join us on the Sunday at the Promenade Lounge for a get together. It is at 3:30pm.

WELCOME to you and your family!

Getting out of the snow will be wonderful for all of you who are under the snow this tiem of year.

Penny

David,
We have a DD10 and a DD7....there is a group of girls (DD10's) that are e-mailing each other. Our cruise is a Christmas present so mine do not know yet...but my DD10 will be e-mailing Christmas day when I tell her about the friends she does not know that she has now.....

Enjoy the boards and Jan is not far off....
Lisa

Hey, fellow Minnesotans! We are on the 1/24 cruise with you. We have DD-12 and DS=10. They will be surprised with the cruise for Christmas, so we've used this thread to keep us excited! We've been digging out today, too, but DS has been out tubing in the yard since he got home from school. A kid's dream - snow! Not for this mom. Warm tropical breezes can't come soon enough! Welcome to our thread - lots of good info here...

Welcome Dave and your family to the cruise. We just got about 8" of snow today also here in wisconsin. Jan 24 can't come soon enough, and to think this was our first real snow we had this season. Don't be afraid to ask questions. We all help each other out here.

For those of you with sick family members, our prayers are with all of you and hope everyones better soon. I'm sending some pixy dust your way. princess: princess:

Fellow cruisers-
Have you or are you requesting your own table for dining? DH is not sure he wants to sit with "strangers" for dinner. It's not that he's anti-social, he is just really looking forward to family time at dinner. What do you guys think - should we request a table for 4 and have a quiet family dinner or should we take a chance and sit with "strangers"?

We are 10 so do not have a choice. But......if we were 4 I would chose to sit with strangers.....hopefully those with kids. I believe the more the merrier.

Well, in No VA (DC) we had about 10" of snow last weekend and now they are calling for more this Sunday. We do NOT know how to drive in this and 2 flakes fall and they cancel school......I know those of you from the North really laugh at us seeing we are so stupid with the snow

David - welcome to the boards. If your DD knows about the trip e-mail me and I will get her hooked in with the girls that are already e-mailing each other.

Lisa - I feel your snow pain. Our schools closed on Friday before the snow even started. They let school out at 11:00 and the snow didn't start until after 2:00. I think at least a few flakes should fall before they let them go home. We are also hearing about snow on Sunday. Of course it's pouring today with gusting winds.

I don't know about anyone else, but I'm having the Christmas is two weeks away and I'm not ready panic setting in.

Also, prayers and pixie dust to all of those with ill family members.

Is it January yet????

Hi all. Sorry I haven't been around. I've lurked a bit, but haven't had much to post. My grandmother passed away on Saturday and we completed the funeral ceremonies yesterday. I'm okay. She's no longer suffering and in a much better place. Thanks for all your prayers and pixie dust. I appreciated it.

Just wanted to say a quick Welcome to David! Look forward to getting to know you better.

Also, hope everyone dug out from the storm okay. Today is a beautiful blue day - you never would have known we got over a foot of snow less that a week ago. It's all gone!

Some good new on the home front. I think we will be able to move back home before Christmas. It's been a long road, but we're getting there.

Re: Sitting with strangers. I hope we get to sit with others - as long as they are patient people. I'm not super-social, but like getting to know other people, especially in a relaxing setting.

Talk to you later,

Jenn, So sorry to hear about your grandmother. My thoughts
and prayers are with you and your family. Brighter days are
ahead.

I was also wondering about the seating arrangements. I'm
not the most outgoing person either, but we are looking forward
to meeting lots of new people. I'm sure everything will be
fine.

Snow is gone here too. We had a lot of rain and now a flood
watch.

Take care everyone. I can't wait to meet you all!

The Docs have started to arrive. Mine are stuck at the UPS centre here in Toronto. No Suite number on them:confused:.

So they should be arriving with all of you soon. In lots of time for the christmas tree::yes::

Looking forward to the cruise and meeting all of you wonderful people.
May the weeks in between be filled with joy and good new for all our families.

Penny

jenn--sorry about your grandmother... im glad that she is at peace now:hug:
i cant believe that you eastern seaboarders have melted!!! is there a flood?:eek:
everyone else----the lovely;) city of chicago has had less than 1/2 inch of snow this season....a record. i almost feel left out when i read all of your posts, people!i guess i better beware of what i wish for.................
welcome, dave!!!!you are going to have a blast. my hubby never wanted to cruise, now hes getting excited after watching the video and reading the passporter...got one yet?
pjpoohbear-how good does it feel to have those in hand???
soon, guys...we are in the home stretch for sun:sunny: and the mouse::MickeyMo ....back to online xmas shopping...........

Welcome David,

I also have two DD's that are 6 and 10. My DD(10), Desiree, has been e-mailing with DancerMom's DD, Sarah, and they are getting very excited. Like DancerMom said, send us an email if your DD already knows about the cruise and she can join in. There's a list out there of all us DISer's and where we're satying, etc.

DisneyLover5 - Once Christmas comes, make sure that your DD joins in also.

Almost time!!!!!

Thanks for all the welcomes, my daughter is looking forward to E-mailing the other kids.

Jenn, I'm very sorry about your grandmother.

We were planning on renting a car in St. Martin. From what I've read there are companies at the port to rent from. Usually I like to reserve a car, but the web pages I've found for St. Martin rentals aren't very good(Thrifty was good but they didn't have a port location). My only worry is that there might be a long line or worse that they run out of cars. Has any one rented a car there before?... What can we expect as far as a wait?

Thanks

Sorry Jenn to hear about your Grandmother. I never know what to say at times like these but a :hug: always seems to help.

God Bless.

Let's hope 2004 is a better year for you and your family.

Scratch
pirate:

Mariamard:

Haven't actually seen the docs as of yet. They are sitting at the UPS depot. DCL took the sute line off our mailing address.

Jenn:

Sorry about your Grandmother. But as you have said she is in a better, calmer place. She will be looking down on all of you with joy and peace.

Penny

I WANT MINE!!!:bounce: :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

Not that I am demanding or anything. I really want this to be a surprise for the kids under the tree. I am afraid they are going to come when the kids are here and I am not.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter