January 2016 Discount Code Watch

Leaving January 15 or 16 for a 8 night stay at Art of Animation Suites. MLK weekend, hope I can still get some sort of discount.

Joining the watch! Hoping for a stay, play, and dine discount for 1/21-29th. Planning on a birthday trip to CSR. We were looking at fall 2016 for a bit but DH said he doesn't want to wait that long. I'm not complaining :dogdance:

Watching as well. I'm hoping for late January discounts, but nervous about all the tour groups that will be there during that time. Is it really as crowded as they say?

Looking for a trip with my 13 y/o DD 1/20/16-1/28/16 at POP. Flying from SLC to MCO on SW, hope they release dates soon. Looked at historic January dates and think a room only discount is probably my best bet.

Can i join this thread? Watching and waiting! I have never been in January so I dont know what kind of discounts or crowds or anything there is. I have read about stay, play and dine. We have always gone during free dining so this will be new to us but any time is a good time in disney!

Joining the watch! Myself and 3 friends will be going Jan 8th -12th for the marathon! Hoping for a room discount. Does anyone know what the room discount offer was for Visa holders last Jan? Specifically, which resorts receive what percentage of discount?

I do not know but I know that on allears they have a historic list of all discounts given and when they were released. My recollection is those deals came out in October.

I do not know but I know that on allears they have a historic list of all discounts given and when they were released. My recollection is those deals came out in October.

Yep, I found that on mousesavers - it was October the last 3 years, but I was curious about which resorts were included and what the percentages were for the resorts included.

That is a good question. Logically I would assume that if the range was 10-30% that value's would be 10%, mods 20% and deluxe 30%. But I couldn't find anywhere that specifically stated that. I think you could go back in the forums and find threads from that time frame and people will have talked about it though.

We are getting close to having room rates posted now!!! One more month!

I thought I had a plan in place, and now there may be massive WL construction... Rethinking my plan now!

Joining! We are planning to go Jan 31-Feb 1 (So, barely January!). We're planning on AoA Cars suite for a family of 5. Will go regardless of discount, but are really hoping for stay/play/dine. We had that last time and it worked really well for us.

Just curious if now is really the best time to buy plane tickets? We don't fly often (like once every couple of years), so I really am asking!! I was just reading online that 1-3 months out is the best time to buy? But people on these boards seem to buy 6-9 months early. I've priced our trip (both out of Chicago and Moline) and prices are sky-high! I'm hoping they go down. I also remember Southwest having pretty good sales in October for the January/February time from certain places, and Chicago-Midway is usually included, so I'm hoping they do that again.

Joining! We are planning to go Jan 31-Feb 1 (So, barely January!). We're planning on AoA Cars suite for a family of 5. Will go regardless of discount, but are really hoping for stay/play/dine. We had that last time and it worked really well for us.

Just curious if now is really the best time to buy plane tickets? We don't fly often (like once every couple of years), so I really am asking!! I was just reading online that 1-3 months out is the best time to buy? But people on these boards seem to buy 6-9 months early. I've priced our trip (both out of Chicago and Moline) and prices are sky-high! I'm hoping they go down. I also remember Southwest having pretty good sales in October for the January/February time from certain places, and Chicago-Midway is usually included, so I'm hoping they do that again.
Airline prices are ridiculously high out of Michigan right now, too. I'm holding out in hopes they go down at the end of the summer.

Joining in! We're planning on Jan 23-30th, and I'm just waiting for Southwest to load those dates to book airfare. I'll be happy with a RO discount, but hoping for SPD for our friends as that will save them more money.

We have been to WDW twice so far. Both trips in January! For the most part, the weather has been nice (in the low 70's), except for one day in Jan '14 where it was cold & rainy (but we literally were able to walk on to every ride in the park and ride as many times as we wanted!!) I have always booked our trip and flights in October...and it has worked out perfectly because that seems to be when Southwest has the best rates from PIT to MCO. I have got flights from $99-$106 in that time frame!

Following! We are going 1/2-1/9, staying at CBR.

I am SO READY for dates to be up on the website! Anyone know when this will happen? I've seen summer and mid-July, but my 180 ADR date is July 7 so this has me a little worried. I can make a room-only reservation on the phone, but I'd really like to go ahead and be able to book the whole package with real prices.

Yeah I would really like to see the park hours pop up so I can plan what parks to be in so I know what ADR's I can make!

Following! We are going 1/2-1/9, staying at CBR.

I am SO READY for dates to be up on the website! Anyone know when this will happen? I've seen summer and mid-July, but my 180 ADR date is July 7 so this has me a little worried. I can make a room-only reservation on the phone, but I'd really like to go ahead and be able to book the whole package with real prices.

The historical dates are found here. It is only a small consolation, I know! I am so ready to actually get it booked!!!!

image.jpg

image.jpg

Just got an email a few minutes ago offering 30% room discount OR free dining for select dates thru Dec 23. Really odd on the dates, Halloween not blacked out, and only Thanksgiving weekend blacked out for November. It was book by Aug 7, so I expect January offers to arrive within 60 days.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter