• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

JANUARY 2014 CANCELLED ADR Thread - Read 1st Post

I have a general cancellation question. I'm helping some friends book a last minute January trip and am checking daily for cancellations. Is there generally a best time of day or day of the week to check? Is it completely random, or is there a best time of day I should keep checking? Right now I'm checking daily, but at random times. Thanks!

I have a general cancellation question. I'm helping some friends book a last minute January trip and am checking daily for cancellations. Is there generally a best time of day or day of the week to check? Is it completely random, or is there a best time of day I should keep checking? Right now I'm checking daily, but at random times. Thanks!

It's completely random. If you're really intent on getting something, checking 5-6 times a day is best.

It's completely random as the previous poster said but you can set your notifications for this thread to instant so that you are notified as soon as someone posts a cancellation which will keep you from having to check multiple times a day. Here is a post I found on how to do it:

To Unsubscribe from many threads, or change notification methods for existing subscriptions:

Go to your User CP, and click the List Subscriptions link from the Control Panel menu on the left side of the screen. Now you'll see all of the threads you're subscribed to.

Here you can change the subscription settings on a single thread or on a whole group by using the selection box to the right of each thread to select all the threads you want to make a change to. Once you've selected some threads, go to the bottom of the list and look for the Selected Threads box. Click to get a drop down menu that will allow you to subscribe or unsubscribe, or to change your email notification method for all of the threads you've selected.

Found at: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=996119

Hi. I am not sure how this works exactly, but I am going to cancel my ADR at the Crystal Palace in the Magic Kingdom on January 4th at 8:25 a.m. if anyone is interested (park opens at 9 a.m. that day, and I was able to get an 8 a.m. ADR instead when the restaurant opens).

Hi. I am not sure how this works exactly, but I am going to cancel my ADR at the Crystal Palace in the Magic Kingdom on January 4th at 8:25 a.m. if anyone is interested (park opens at 9 a.m. that day, and I was able to get an 8 a.m. ADR instead when the restaurant opens).

I don't need this but I just wanted to jump in and say they have updated the park hours recently and the park opens at 8:00 am on January 4th.

Oh wow...thanks! It has said 9 am on MDE for months now. This is our first ever disney trip so I am learning I guess. What time do I need to be at magic kingdom for 8 am ADR? Does the 15 minutes before check in still apply if park opens at same time?

Oh wow...thanks! It has said 9 am on MDE for months now. This is our first ever disney trip so I am learning I guess. What time do I need to be at magic kingdom for 8 am ADR? Does the 15 minutes before check in still apply if park opens at same time?

Yeah, they just changed them about a week ago! So totally understandable that you missed it. :)
I'm not real sure how early they will let you in but I would try 30 or so minutes before just in case because you never know since it's a busy time. They should let you in early to avoid the RD rush so you can check in at least 5 minutes before your ADR time.

We've decided on a different park for Jan 4, so we've got three great ressies to cancel:

Crystal Palace
8a
party of 5

Cinderella's Royal Table
650p
party of 4

Again, this is for Jan 4, 2014.

I have a BOG ressie we are going to be canceling...Friday January 10th, 745 PM party of 2. PM me if you'd like to coordinate!

Oh. I want the BOG at 4:15 pm on January 4th!!!!! I have been trying since august. How could we coordinate this?

Oh. I want the BOG at 4:15 pm on January 4th!!!!! I have been trying since august. How could we coordinate this?

I sent you a PM.
I'm not sure if you have enough posts yet to reply to me, so if not, post here and I will know that you can't write back.

Thanks!

I cannot send or receive yet since I just joined this board earlier today. I would love the BOG on 1/4/14. When are you going to cancel?

Hi. It just let me read my PM, but can't send until I reach 10 posts. I would love the 4:15 pm if availe. Please let me know if the other thing we discussed occurs. Thank you so much for your kindness.

Hi. It just let me read my PM, but can't send until I reach 10 posts. I would love the 4:15 pm if availe. Please let me know if the other thing we discussed occurs. Thank you so much for your kindness.

The other poster was unable to grab the 415p. Grrr. Maybe too many people online searching for reservations at that time?

Anyway, if my friends decide to cancel their ADR, I will PM you with my email address to coordinate with you. But we might want to pick a time where fewer people are online so that you have a higher chance of grabbing their reservation.

I'll keep you posted!

I'm still on the hunt for BOG on 1/6 or 1/7 myself, so I can always post here if I see anything pop up that is too early/late for us.

Has anyone ever seen the Wishes Dessert Party become available due to cancellations? I've been watching regularly, but haven't seen this happen on the DIS yet. Anyone know of success stories??

Has anyone ever seen the Wishes Dessert Party become available due to cancellations? I've been watching regularly, but haven't seen this happen on the DIS yet. Anyone know of success stories??

There is an ADR thread for wishes you may want to keep an eye on. Hopefully you will find what your looking for. There may be other or better threads so I would search the site to see what you can find. Wishes dessert thread http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3144695

I've been looking for early January too and haven't found any cancellations for that time on the Dis but I suspect we'll see little movement until we approach the 5 day cancellation policy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter