• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

JANUARY 2013, Who Else is Going?

Just made a few more updates, and hopefully made the list a bit easier to read.

Ha Larina- It seems like everytime you update, I change my plans. LOL. No worries. I appreciate you gathering the list.

We have 23 days until we head down to Anaheim!! I re-booked our hotel to Hojo's after getting the 25% off deal and finding a 2 queen premium room. I also booked: Minnie's breakfast, Surf's Up breakfast and Carnation Cafe. This weekend the girls and I will make our countdown chains (I'm running behind on that project). Can't wait to hear from everyone going in Jan!!

Spontaneous trip next Tuesday and Wednesday with my two daughters and my mom. Hoping for low crowd levels since most kids will be back to school. We are furloughed next week. Get to experience Cars Land for the first time (other than running through it in the Half Marathon).

Spontaneous trip next Tuesday and Wednesday with my two daughters and my mom. Hoping for low crowd levels since most kids will be back to school. We are furloughed next week. Get to experience Cars Land for the first time (other than running through it in the Half Marathon).

That sounds fantastic. I would imagine the crowds will be really low. Have a great time!

Anything going on that day? I'm hoping the crowds wont be too bad!
First trip for DD.

We are there that day. With so many closures that day (no Splash Mountain, no Thunder Mountain, no Tea Cups, no Small World, no Grizzly River Run, no Fantasmic!, no World of Color, no Fireworks, etc.), you likely will have smaller crowds.

we concluded our last day in the parks just a little bit ago and now I lay in bed going over everything in my head. Great trip overall. My new favorite DCA ride is easily RSR, rode it 5 times in the 4 days (only 2 spent at DCA). Found a new love for TOT as well (I have skipped it the last two trips because no one would ride it with me but said heck with it this time and rode it 3 times by myself. I now have a better understanding of why people are so adamant about getting FP first before riding. If you don't have EMH on an EMH day (which was every day this week unfortunately) it is absolutely essential to get FP first.

My one mini gripe (and this happened just today so my grumpiness from running around the parks for four days could add to why this bothered me so much ) was people in the single rider line holding spots for friends/ family. In stand by and even FP I get it and it doesn't bother me. But in single rider you get to cut half the line when you come late because your friend is in line? 3 different people did this (climbing over the ropes/ bars from the exit to get in line). Anyway that's my one real gripe for the trip which is pretty good with how busy it was this week.

I'll give my thoughts on some other things later. Have to drive back to Sacramento tomorrow and go back to work on Monday but I want to give my experience with MM, the new Matterhorn cars and some other things that I have seen being discussed here recently.

We are there that day. With so many closures that day (no Splash Mountain, no Thunder Mountain, no Tea Cups, no Small World, no Grizzly River Run, no Fantasmic!, no World of Color, no Fireworks, etc.), you likely will have smaller crowds.

I looked at the Disney site for park hours. http://disneyland.disney.go.com/calendar/#/default/2013/01/29-

I noticed on the bottom of the page where they post "Closed for Refurbishment" in addition to the ones you list, I now see Pirate's Lair on Tom Sawyer Island is down too. That is if the list correct.

When I checked the http://www.wdwinfo.com/disneyland/plan.htm#rehab link the Pirate's Lair doesn't show on the list from 12-18-2012.

What will be next?????

I looked at the Disney site for park hours. http://disneyland.disney.go.com/calendar/#/default/2013/01/29-

I noticed on the bottom of the page where they post "Closed for Refurbishment" in addition to the ones you list, I now see Pirate's Lair on Tom Sawyer Island is down too. That is if the list correct.

When I checked the http://www.wdwinfo.com/disneyland/plan.htm#rehab link the Pirate's Lair doesn't show on the list from 12-18-2012.

What will be next?????

Yea I took DD to Tom Saywers island this after noon and noticed they had pirates lair blocked off with rope and garbage cans. I wondered what the reason was.

We are going for the day on the 26th , I try to never go on the weekend but we are braving it this trip !

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter