• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

January 2013 Discounts

baldy6060 said:
I have a Disney Visa but do I HAVE to pay for the trip exclusively with the card to get the discount or can I just make a partial payment with it and pay the rest out of pocket?

I think you can put the deposit on the Disney Visa then if you want to pay the balance off by mailing Disney a check you should be able to do that.

I just called to price out my dates (2/28-3/4). The discount I was given for 4 nights at Pop was only about 7% and 4 nights at Coronado was only about 11%. The CM told me it was based on the dates as to what discount you received. Some people are reporting around a 25% discount so the ones I were given are a little frustrating and I wonder if they could be wrong.

We have our trip booked through AAA and I just emailed our travel agent to see if we were able to modify our existing trip with the Disney Visa deal. Meanwhile I was curious about the pricing and called Disney directly. They priced out an Art of Animation stay for about $3000, which is about $700 less than what we are paying now and that would be including the quick service dining. I priced out Port Orleans Riverside and it would be about $2500 and that includes the basic dining plan. I like the idea of AoA because of the separate room for DD who is a light sleeper, but to get free dining and save $1000 by staying at Port Orleans Riverside, I don't know, that might be the way to go. I wish that AoA had the basic dining plan instead of quick service.

What if I am booked RO on a different card? Can I switch to my Disney card for the deposit or is it too late?

Alas I cannot apply the DV discount for my single night stay at Contemporary :-(. We splurged on theme park view since it was just the single night and that room type has no remaining offerings. We can save $288 for 1 night by switching to GF on the DV discount, but I kinda had my heart set on CM. the GF discount is 30% if you were wondering.

I just called and the CM was not horribly helpful. She did say there are 2 discounts. She applied one (didn't say what kind) and got $200 off our package (LK suite at AOA, 4-day MYW, DxDDP) but said the other discount wouldn't work. I'm assuming based on the numbers I'm seeing that we got the RO? Any idea why the P/S/D wouldn't apply to our package?

ETA: Never mind! Our stay is only 5 nights, so we must not qualify for the P/S/D promo. So RO 15% is our best deal right now. Still hoping for FD, but I'll take the $200 if it's the best I can get!

I wonder how many calls to Disney is "too many". I've already called three times today, but am now regretting selecting garden view.

Just called and modified our package. We were booked Jan 3-13 POR Royal Room, park hoppers and Dining plan for 4 adults. This Stay Dine and Play offer took exactly $992 off our bill ! Ill take it!

I will still watch for free dining of course:goodvibes

livinlife25 said:
I wonder how many calls to Disney is "too many". I've already called three times today, but am now regretting selecting garden view.

Yeah, I'm right there with you. I finally decided to change my resort last night since discounts were taking so long and then kicked myself when the DV discounts were released by the time I woke up this morning. I've already called 4 times in the last 24 hours and changed my resort 3 times. I'm still trying to look at different deals, but I can't justify mods or deluxe for twice or three times the cost of my Pop room. I also called three times to book a wishes cruise and tours and I might call back tonight to book La Nouba.

... I have a problem. :-\

We had a 15% AAA discount for AKL Jan 9-13 Room only. Modified it today to 35% Room only Disney Visa!!

I called and had my package changed, Play/Stay/Dine, Jan 26-Feb 3. 5 people (Disney adults), at port orleans riverside.

The price difference between the package with, and without the dining plan discount is 520$. Im not sure thats going to be enough, so I may call back and have the plan removed. I think breaking up the package and doing a room discount may be higher. Id like to get my receipt thing so i can find if they acutally added the proper code, because thats on a 20% discount, not the 40% ive been calculating other people getting.

Yeah, I'm right there with you. I finally decided to change my resort last night since discounts were taking so long and then kicked myself when the DV discounts were released by the time I woke up this morning. I've already called 4 times in the last 24 hours and changed my resort 3 times. I'm still trying to look at different deals, but I can't justify mods or deluxe for twice or three times the cost of my Pop room. I also called three times to book a wishes cruise and tours and I might call back tonight to book La Nouba.

... I have a problem. :-\

I called back! I wanted to switch from garden view to standard, but then I inquired about Royals rooms and he said he had 1 (previous cm had said no).

mom2cgj said:
I just called and the CM was not horribly helpful. She did say there are 2 discounts. She applied one (didn't say what kind) and got $200 off our package (LK suite at AOA, 4-day MYW, DxDDP) but said the other discount wouldn't work. I'm assuming based on the numbers I'm seeing that we got the RO? Any idea why the P/S/D wouldn't apply to our package?

ETA: Never mind! Our stay is only 5 nights, so we must not qualify for the P/S/D promo. So RO 15% is our best deal right now. Still hoping for FD, but I'll take the $200 if it's the best I can get!

Why can't you use the Play/Stay/Dine promo!? I thought I read that to qualify you must stay 5 nights - and you do that, right? Can it be the tickets that you need to have 6 days and you only have 4??

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

My boyfriend and I have been considering getting the DV for the financing on the trip and now this discount makes it even more appealing but I wanted to know if anyone could answer the following questions: if we apply for the Disney Visa today can we use the available discount immediatly, if so does the trip have to paid in full on the Disney Visa (bc that could potentially screw us as the deposit is on another card), and if we pay for the trip in full can we still make changes if other discounts become available.

TIA!

Just called and modified our package. We were booked Jan 3-13 POR Royal Room, park hoppers and Dining plan for 4 adults. This Stay Dine and Play offer took exactly $992 off our bill ! Ill take it!

I will still watch for free dining of course:goodvibes

Correction: I noticed that the new res had no expiration option on the 8 day tickets so I called back and got another $801 off our bill. My total savings with this discount is $1793!!!:cool1: As good as free dining for us.

Original $6356 and with the deal $ 4563.

I can relax now:thumbsup2

Correction: I noticed that the new res had no expiration option on the 8 day tickets so I called back and got another $801 off our bill. My total savings with this discount is $1793!!!:cool1: As good as free dining for us.

Original $6356 and with the deal $ 4563.

I can relax now:thumbsup2

Did you get an email about the change? or did you find it on your account online? Im wondering why your discount is so much more than mine was quoted as, lol.

Talked with DH and we decided to go with BC so that my parents (who won't pay deluxe) can stay at the Swan and be near us. Original price for 5 nights was $2259 and we are paying $1468!!! Very happy:). Just need to adjust a few dining reservations now:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter