January 2013 Discounts

Add me to the hoping for a discount or FD list. We are planning on Jan 13-17 before our cruise on the Dream Jan. 17th.

Looking at the end of January...how do I book through AAA? I looked on their website, do I have to call or go into a AAA in order to get the 20%????

just call your local AAA office and ask if they can give you a quote on a WDW trip. price it out yourself first though to see what the cost difference would be as some say its not worth it since you give complete control of your reservation (except dining) to the AAA agent

Just make sure you get a good agent! I am currently booked with AAA, and it took me talking to 2 agents to find the Disney guru. I've encountered this on and off over time. We booked last week because we had the last 1 bedroom at BLT with the aaa discount on hold (more were available at rack rate, just not the ones set aside) for our dates If FD or another deal comes down the pipe, then we can apply the new discount instead. You can't double discount.

We're waiting for January AP discounts, but a few years ago I was able to book AAA discounts directly with Disney. Anyone try that lately?

bru_ellman said:
We're waiting for January AP discounts, but a few years ago I was able to book AAA discounts directly with Disney. Anyone try that lately?

If you want room only, yes, you can do that direct or any non-AAA agent. We're going the package route, and that requires an AAA agent. I hate that - I'd rather do it myself or use a friend of mine who is a dedicated Disney TA.

If you want room only, yes, you can do that direct or any non-AAA agent. We're going the package route, and that requires an AAA agent. I hate that - I'd rather do it myself or use a friend of mine who is a dedicated Disney TA.

Exactly. Same thing for me, waiting for AP discount for room only Jan, but was able to book AAA discount over the phone with Disney a month so so back with no problem. I have heard that the number of rooms and resorts may be limited , but not sure exactly.

I wish you good luck!
:goodvibes

Looking at the end of January...how do I book through AAA? I looked on their website, do I have to call or go into a AAA in order to get the 20%????

You don't need to go thru AAA just to get a room only discount. Only have to book thru them if you want a package.

I booked a room only thru WDW, just ask for AAA room discount. They will ask for your AAA member #.

Hopefully Ap will give me a better discount, but with FQ, lately the WDW discounts have been less then the AAA room only. If i didn't have an AP I'd still book room only and get my park tickets with Undercover Tourist via Mousesavers.com link. These days I'd only book a pkg if I wanted free dining.

day 38 of discount watch... while food rations are ample and the water supply is stable, moral is reaching a low. hope seems to be waning among the troops. hours of combing the web for news has lead to a severe drop in coffee supplies and overstock of dirty laundry. i've made note to restock the coffee supply early. my refresh button finger is weary and i long for the sweet relief of a heavy room discount or better yet, free dining. only the disney bean counters will know when this will end.:sail:

:thumbsup2

I feel the discounts are coming. This thread needs some positive energy!

"A dream is a wish your heart makes", Cinderella
"If you dream something more than once, it's sure to come true", Sleeping Beauty

**Any other Disney quotes that will shed positive light on our plea?!!!!
princess:

I have a friend who does Disney often, she looked at the current offers which end 9/28 (or 29), she felt new offers would come after the current ones expire, so maybe the 29th (or 30th), we'll see

I have a friend who does Disney often, she looked at the current offers which end 9/28 (or 29), she felt new offers would come after the current ones expire, so maybe the 29th (or 30th), we'll see

I think so too. I just got a mailing advertising their end-of-2012 deals, I can't imagine getting another one with new offers for a few weeks at least.

As many of you are I'm sure, I am getting emails almost daily now from Disney and other sites/newsletters/watches/etc. Every time I see one i my inbox, my heart rate goes up and the excitement rises. . . and then it tells me to book soon for 2012! GRRRR!

It doesn't help that nearly every site I visit has some sort of banner ad for 2012.

I think I should take the advice of my family and just takes a thousand deep breaths and maybe stay away from the computer!

I hope they don't extend the current Fall FD "book by" dates. I checked all the resorts for mid-December and almost every resort had all categories available except POR/POFQ. Makes me feel like they aren't selling as well as they hoped. I guess time will tell.... :coffee:

On the Canadian site the book by date for free dining used to be September 16. Now it is book by Dec 13, the same as the American site.

We have our flights booked for January but I am deliberately NOT going to make a room reservation. I don't want to add to the perception that they don't need to offer discounts. ;) Waiting not-so-patiently.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter