January 2013 Discounts

We've booked. We have all our ADR's. waiting till October to book our flights, in case we have to shift our dates. I'm SO frustrated!!! Not even a rumour or a hint!

Every day I get 1 - 2 emails from Disney saying "we're so glad you're planning to come back!" they put my dates down (Jan. 2013), THEN offer me free dining or discounts for room rates in 2012!!! So frustrating! LOL!

niffer5150 said:
day 38 of discount watch... while food rations are ample and the water supply is stable, moral is reaching a low. hope seems to be waning among the troops. hours of combing the web for news has lead to a severe drop in coffee supplies and overstock of dirty laundry. i've made note to restock the coffee supply early. my refresh button finger is weary and i long for the sweet relief of a heavy room discount or better yet, free dining. only the disney bean counters will know when this will end.:sail:

LMAO... That was awesome!

Hello! I have not read too far back in the thread lately but I did have a little bit of news today. I was thinking about expanding our reservation in January for a few more days. CM "Ace" (whom has been there forever) told me today that the new discounts will be posted at the very latest the first week of November if not the end of October. He has ended up booking our vacation almost every year since 2004! This may not be "new" news on this thread but it was encouraging to me!;)

First week of november? That is very discouraging for me.
I can wait until beggining of october but no later than that, as our flight is international.
Im really bummed this time!
:(

I was just going to post the same thing...
Having to wait until the end of October or beginning of November is very discouraging. Our options for flights are also very limited and expensive (although, very doubtful in the range of what it would be from South America). The day we originally wanted to fly out on are already booked up.

My feelings exactly! I keep watching the cost of our flights going up :( I was really hoping for the beginning of Aug but that came and went then I was thinking maybe the beginning of September but No and now November :(((( boo hoo

Gee I'm sorry...I guess I am the barer (sp?) of bad news:( We are driving so I guess it is a little easier for me. I was thinking that atleast they are coming up with something.

I soooo envy you that you can drive! It would make life so much easier. Not to mention a lot cheaper. :)

I soooo envy you that you can drive! It would make life so much easier. Not to mention a lot cheaper. :)

I was going to fly and meet my brother to run the WDW marathon. Just to fly by myself from NC was 650.00 and that was not a straight flight!!:faint:It would end up being a 7 hour ordeal with the layover. I can drive it for 9 hrs. On a tank and a half of gas!! At that point I decided it was time for family to come along in place of the flight money!! You can imagine the squeals of delight! I definately feel blessed!

Sabeking said:
Gee I'm sorry...I guess I am the barer (sp?) of bad news:( We are driving so I guess it is a little easier for me. I was thinking that atleast they are coming up with something.

Sorry... Your right knowing that a discount is coming is good news.. Just getting impatient

I don't think you bring us bad news at all. You said the cm said " at latest". So really it still could be sooner. "At latest" to me just says that there IS something coming...eventually!

Hope its not as late as Nov...we called last night and asked specifically about Jan/Feb discounts and the cast member said they should be released at the end of Sept/beg of Oct. When we questioned why so late compared to last year, he said they are only releasing them three months ahead now. I take it with a grain of salt b/c there always seems to be a lot of misinformation among cast members but I'll keep my fingers crossed for late Sept/early Oct!!!

Hope its not as late as Nov...we called last night and asked specifically about Jan/Feb discounts and the cast member said they should be released at the end of Sept/beg of Oct. When we questioned why so late compared to last year, he said they are only releasing them three months ahead now. I take it with a grain of salt b/c there always seems to be a lot of misinformation among cast members but I'll keep my fingers crossed for late Sept/early Oct!!!

Sounds like they are all over the parking lot! :eek:

The current discounts end Sept 29 so it makes sense they will release 2013 after that. The change to 3 months shows they are getting bookings without discounts so don't need to issue them so soon. I do not book until I get a discount to keep them thinking but I am only one reservation amid thousands. I am sure there will something for Jan-Feb but what it will be and what dates is yet to be seen

I'm thinking discounts will be coming in a couple weeks when the current ones expire. The economy is still in the tank and they just opened a new resort that while it is being filled I'm sure the other values are seeing lower bookings.

nooneshome said:
I'm thinking discounts will be coming in a couple weeks when the current ones expire. The economy is still in the tank and they just opened a new resort that while it is being filled I'm sure the other values are seeing lower bookings.

Hope your right! The delay in discount release is making me nervous. Keep Wondering if the opening of the new Fantasyland is filling rooms and Disney isn't needing to give discounts for this typically slow time of year?? But again I really hope your right!!

The current discounts end Sept 29 so it makes sense they will release 2013 after that. The change to 3 months shows they are getting bookings without discounts so don't need to issue them so soon. I do not book until I get a discount to keep them thinking but I am only one reservation amid thousands. I am sure there will something for Jan-Feb but what it will be and what dates is yet to be seen

I don't book without a discount either. You are right, that if everyone books rack rate, WDW will feel they don't need to put out discounts. The old theory of booking, then wait for discounts to apply just doesn't work anymore. So now I wait for the discounts.

We've booked pofq for Jan with 20% AAA room only discount. Lately WDW doesn't seem to be giving FQ any discounts.

We weren't planning to go back this winter... but, I'm getting the itch. So, I'm subbing here to see if any discounts show up... maybe we'll jump on them. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter