January 2013 Discounts

Forgot to add that in my experience, the days of the week are more important than the dates. And how the holidays fall.
If the sale ran from Sun. to Thurs., it's more likely to do so (though not 100%), but not as likely on the exact same dates, if that makes sense.
So, for example, based on last year's dates, FD ended the Thurs. before MLK, and resumed the Sat. after.
MLK day is a week later this year. How that will affect things...who knows?

ETA: I'm going to go out on a limb and make a prediction. IF there is FD for January/February, my guess is:
Jan. 6-17
Jan. 26-31
Feb. 9-14

Let me know if I get those right! LOLOL

If you get it wrong, play those lottery numbers because hey, you never know!! ;)

DisneyMom5 said:
Forgot to add that in my experience, the days of the week are more important than the dates. And how the holidays fall.
If the sale ran from Sun. to Thurs., it's more likely to do so (though not 100%), but not as likely on the exact same dates, if that makes sense.
So, for example, based on last year's dates, FD ended the Thurs. before MLK, and resumed the Sat. after.

ETA: I'm going to go out on a limb and make a prediction. IF there is FD for January/February, my guess is:
Jan. 6-17
Jan. 26-31
Feb. 9-14

Fingers crossed that you're right! That includes my dates. :)

Jan. 6-17
Jan. 26-31
Feb. 9-14

I hope that you're right, and that LM rooms at AoA are included. I can hope! :thumbsup2 :lmao:

dawnhaze said:
I hope that you're right, and that LM rooms at AoA are included. I can hope! :thumbsup2 :lmao:

I must be obsessing-I just remembered I had a dream last night that AoA was included in free dinning. What's even stranger is at I'm not even planning on staying there! Weird!!

Jan. 6-17
Jan. 26-31
Feb. 9-14

Don't forget the Disney marathon in 2013 is Jan 10- Jan 14 do they have free dinning then?

Last January we went on the 27th, which was a Friday. We were originally slated to go on January 20th but there was no FD offered at that point so we moved it up a week to the 27th which was a day where FD WAS offered. Thus, this upcoming January we are slated to go on January 25th, a Friday with hopes that they mimic last year's FD schedule. Fingers CROSSED!

I got sick of waiting and booked our room-only last night. Here's hoping they'll issue a RO discount for January.

FD actually started the Sunday of Marathon weekend last year. We were there starting the Friday of Marathon weekend and had to get a room only discount for the first two nights (Fri and Sat night) then re-check in on Sunday with a FD package. We were allowed to pick up our park hoppers Friday when we got there (we got our at the Epcot Guest Services) and use them even though our package didn't really start till Sunday.

And FD stopped on Thursday for the MLK weekend the weekend after marathon weekend. We were able to keep the FD of course b/c we had checked in on Sunday already.

We are heading down on Jan 11 (Fri) again this year which starts marathon weekend and will be there through MLK day again (monday) and hope that we will get the same deals again. Room only for Fri/Sat and FD for Sun thru the Mon a week later.

We have had FD the last two January trips we have taken (2011 and 2012) so I am hoping it is offered again.

Hope that info will help y'all plan a little.

One question- someone earlier on here posted that the UK FD for January has already come out and offered the quick service instead of the reg plan for mod resorts. Anyone know if this will affect January FD for americans?? Did they do this last year too b/c I know mods had reg dining free last year. Just wondering! Thanks!!

OK a little help needed please...

For our schedule, Jan 18-22 (Fri thru Tues) works perfectly. Based on past discounts, what is the likelihood FD will be offered during this time?? Really can't afford to pay full price with no discounts. :eek:

Thanks!

OK a little help needed please...

For our schedule, Jan 18-22 (Fri thru Tues) works perfectly. Based on past discounts, what is the likelihood FD will be offered during this time?? Really can't afford to pay full price with no discounts. :eek:

Thanks!
If you follow last year's dates, this would mean you would have to check into your hotel by Thursday, January 17th to get the free dining.

There was FD during that time period last year but please someone correct me if I am wrong, don't you have to stay 5 nights to qualify?

There was FD during that time period last year but please someone correct me if I am wrong, don't you have to stay 5 nights to qualify?

recent fd has been 3 night minimum, 2 day base ticket minimum. WDW advertising sometimes suggests longer stays in an effort to convince you to stay longer. So you might see 5 night 6 day, or 6 night 7 day in the advertising...but the minimum is 3 nights.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter