• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

January 18, 2013, A Magical 8 day western

I was totally going to look up movies tonight because DH was asking also! Thanks now I can do nothing tonight! I'll give you the credit though!

Sparrow78 said:
I was totally going to look up movies tonight because DH was asking also! Thanks now I can do nothing tonight! I'll give you the credit though!

Oh heck no! Take the credit for yourself and milk it, girl! I don't mind! LOL!

Are you coming to the meet and greet at 3pm on the day we board? Also, my oldest has been on the 12 and under fb page. Are you on there?

My husband, my five-year-old, my mom, and I are going. I just found this thread! What did I miss? Anything cool planned? :)

AshleeH52 said:
I forgot to reply with the quote. Are you coming to the meet and greet on boarding day at 3pm? Also, my oldest is on the 12 and fb page. Are you on there?

How can I find the fb 12 and under page??

Yay I have a 4 year old son. I just learned about this site and fish extenders last night. Would you be interested in starting a last minute fish extender group. You can google fish extender if you arent sure what it is. Like I said I just learned last night and hate that I missed out on all the fun. :)

My husband, my five-year-old, my mom, and I are going. I just found this thread! What did I miss? Anything cool planned? :)

Yay I have a 4 year old son. I just learned about this site and fish extenders last night. Would you be interested in starting a last minute fish extender group. You can google fish extender if you arent sure what it is. Like I said I just learned last night and hate that I missed out on all the fun.

We do but we closed it for additions on Dec. 2nd to allow a little extra time for everyone to finalize their gifts with the holidays and all sandwiched in before the cruise. I'm sorry. :(

We're meeting up on embarkation day at 3:00 in the Promenade Lounge. Hope you'll join us! :goodvibes

Yay I have a 4 year old son. I just learned about this site and fish extenders last night. Would you be interested in starting a last minute fish extender group. You can google fish extender if you arent sure what it is. Like I said I just learned last night and hate that I missed out on all the fun.

Disappointed to hear the fish extender group closed!! I had never heard of it until now!! We will try to find our way to promenade on disembarkation!! My kids love meeting other kids to hang out with!!

We will be on the boat and are so excited!! I have 3boys; age 2,6, and 8, wondering if there is a fish extender group??

I am wondering just how crowded this boat is...maybe it wont be as crowded as we think.

Also, is anyone else a bit OCD about the kids getting sick before or during the trip? we have had a sick Nov. /Dec with stomach flu, head cold and fever virus...i hope our immune systems are good and strong after fighting all this off over the last two months.

I am a nurse at a childrens hospital and there are so many sick kids. I am very nervous.

I forgot to reply with the quote. Are you coming to the meet and greet on boarding day at 3pm? Also, my oldest is on the 12 and fb page. Are you on there?

We sure are! I can't wait for the meet and to see everyone! I am on the facebook page as well!

So did everyone watch the "excitement" yesterday with the Magic's late arrival and departure due to the fog? That was interesting to watch throughout the day. The port was closed until after lunch because of super dense fog conditions. We watched the Disney Magic then the Crown Princess dock via the webcams around 1:30 or 2 or something.

http://www.galveston.com/webcams/

Then yesterday evening we took a drive down to Galveston to see the ships and show the hubby where we're boarding our little fur-baby during our cruise. We ended up having dinner at Rainforest while we were there which was fun albeit loud. LOL! At 7:30 we passed by the terminals again and both ships were still boarding embarking passengers. We could see the Funnelvision bright thru the fog which made you wonder how being in port was affecting sail away, etc. But then, you know as long as you're onboard vacation has begun so it's all good. Right?

I checked the webcams, weather advisories, etc. before I went to bed at midnight or so. Both ships were still moored in place. When the sun went down yesterday evening the fog grew super-dense again. We were sure the ships weren't going anywhere last night.

This morning we looked at Marine Traffic and it looks like the ships escaped the port sometime around 3 a.m. or so. I wonder if the motion woke anyone. Well, I know it would wake me but not in a bad way. I'm quite sure there wasn't a sail away party in the wee hours. LOL! Maybe they had a Fog Party instead. I mean, really, does it matter what you're partying for once vacation has started??? The temps have dropped around 30 degrees or so overnight. I guess the wee hours were when the temperature finally tamed the fog.

Hubby and I both discussed several times "What if that was us???" Not to worry, tho. Even if the moisture is still in the air this Friday, the temps are supposed to be down so I don't see us getting the fog like that. Hang on, I need to knock on some wood, throw some salt over my shoulder, and do the good karma dance....

There was a lot of chatter on Facebook about it yesterday. They are saying as of 6:30 this morning it wasn't Rey far fom Galveston. I wonder who that affects their schedule? Will they get to all their ports on time?

The fact that between their stop in Cozumel and their disembarkation morning is only 1 at-sea day I don't see why the ship couldn't close the distance to their first port in time to maintain the schedule even with a ten or so hour delay in leaving the port. They had 2 at-sea days before their first port. That's also assuming that no other adverse conditions are between the ship and the first port. Worst case they may lose a few hours off their first port. Hopefully not. :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter