January 18, 2013, A Magical 8 day western

We had discussed earlier (here or Facebook) having a meet at Harbour House the night before. We will have about 8 hrs of driving on Thursday so I don't know what time we will arrive at the Hotel. Does everyone want to shoot for around 6pm in the lobby or should we allow more time for dinner? We could also do before dinner and could go as a group for dinner. What does everyone think?

We are driving in on Thursday from Fort Worth and we don't have near as long a drive as you! Houston traffic (and between Houston/Galveston) is ridiculous in the afternoon so I don't think we can get there by 6. I vote for later (maybe closer to 7-7:30/after dinner) but please don't hold up the group for us if 6 works for most. See y'all soon!

Someone mentioned over on facebook that they have juices other than orange and apple that they used for mixed drinks. Can anyone with past Disney experience confirm this?

I'm pretty sure Cranberry juice is offered and maybe Pineapple in the dining rooms.

We will be on the boat and are so excited!! I have 3boys; age 2,6, and 8, wondering if there is a fish extender group??

We will be on the boat and are so excited!! I have 3boys; age 2,6, and 8, wondering if there is a fish extender group??

We do but we closed it for additions on Dec. 2nd to allow a little extra time for everyone to finalize their gifts with the holidays and all sandwiched in before the cruise. I'm sorry. :(

We're meeting up on embarkation day at 3:00 in the Promenade Lounge. Hope you'll join us! :goodvibes

Disappointed to hear the fish extender group closed!! I had never heard of it until now!! We will try to find our way to promenade on disembarkation!! My kids love meeting other kids to hang out with!!

Disappointed to hear the fish extender group closed!! I had never heard of it until now!! We will try to find our way to promenade on disembarkation!! My kids love meeting other kids to hang out with!!

If you join the facebook group, I believe that there is a second fish extender list happening with some of the later additions to the cruise. Check it out!!

See you on board:cool1:

I am definitely up for a meet at Harbour House the night before the sailing. I will be there the day before, so time is not an issue to me. I am good to go whenever you all want.

Look forward to meeting everyone:goodvibes

I haven't read this thread yet, but hubby, DS (5) and I will be on this cruise - very excited! :) We are local, but staying at Harbor House the night previous for an early start to vacation

We had discussed earlier (here or Facebook) having a meet at Harbour House the night before. We will have about 8 hrs of driving on Thursday so I don't know what time we will arrive at the Hotel. Does everyone want to shoot for around 6pm in the lobby or should we allow more time for dinner? We could also do before dinner and could go as a group for dinner. What does everyone think?

Count us in. It might work better for us to make it a little bit later to accommodate more time for dinner. If that doesn't work for everyone else, we will still show up even if we are (fashionably ;)) late.

Thanks! I appreciate it. Is anyone else interested in setting up a few tentative meets maybe on at-sea days? On our last Magic cruise we did a pre-lunch meet on an at-sea day so everyone could go to lunch together or split into 2 groups for lunch (one going to the sit-down & the other to Topsiders for the buffet). We didn't make it to that meet personally but I thought it was a good idea. ;)

I am also interested in setting up some other meets on the ship. There aren't any kids in my group, but I'm up for meeting my fellow cruisers!:thumbsup2

Hey everyone! I am officially so excited! I finished my FE gifts, finalized my door magnets and I think I may be starting to pack tomorrow! And now I can officially say...see you next week!!! :cool1:

I have joined the list for fish extender. I just want to make sure I am doing it right though. There are 143 so we make that many gifts right?

Nikki, I just found this website and we have daughters about the same age who will be looking for friends. One is Addison, 12 and the other (Aubree) will be turning 6 on the 23rd. Maybe they can meet up?

- Ashlee

Of course!! Ashlee that would be fun! What were you thinking?!

Sparrow78 said:
question.... I have parasailing booked (castaway) and I probably can't go now how late can I wait to cancel? that and a pedicure booked... can I wait till we get on the ship or will that be too late? My pedicure is booked the day after the parks.

So I must have jinxed myself with this comment. Cancelled my parasailing, and now I can go since I lost my pregnancy this weekend....well at least this time I don't have to cancel the cruise! Now I can drink and try to get back onto parasailing! Haha drink away my sorrows, woohoo :)

Count us in. It might work better for us to make it a little bit later to accommodate more time for dinner. If that doesn't work for everyone else, we will still show up even if we are (fashionably ;)) late.

I am also interested in setting up some other meets on the ship. There aren't any kids in my group, but I'm up for meeting my fellow cruisers!:thumbsup2

We could set up a tentative before lunch or after lunch time and place for all at-sea days. Our teenage boys are usually off doing their own thing so the hubby & I are virtually kid-less, too. Which is a very nice thing! :thumbsup2

Hey everyone! I am officially so excited! I finished my FE gifts, finalized my door magnets and I think I may be starting to pack tomorrow! And now I can officially say...see you next week!!! :cool1:

My FE stuff is totally done, too! Much more of a challenge this time with the size of the list. The old man and the kids even helped a little. Shocking!

So I must have jinxed myself with this comment. Cancelled my parasailing, and now I can go since I lost my pregnancy this weekend....well at least this time I don't have to cancel the cruise! Now I can drink and try to get back onto parasailing! Haha drink away my sorrows, woohoo :)

I'm so sorry to hear that. At least you have this trip to look towards, I guess. The parasailing is really fun. I'll vouch for the mixology class, too. THAT is some kinda fun!

file-95.jpg

*from the Dream, 9/2012

Sparrow78 said:

So very sorry for your loss. :(

sweetpee_1993 said:
I'll vouch for the mixology class, too. THAT is some kinda fun!

*from the Dream, 9/2012

Haha just told DH, we aren't adventurous drinkers but he's on board with that!

Sparrow78 said:
Haha just told DH, we aren't adventurous drinkers but he's on board with that!

We very rarely drink but found the mixology to be super fun in addition to a chance to try new drinks without breaking the bank. Good times! ;)

Movies!

The hubby likes to know what movies are playing before we cruise. I don't think we've ever gone to a movie onboard but he always wants to know. LOL! So, this is the list of movies that are currently showing and should apply to us (according to Shoreside Concierge):

Toy Story 3
Tangled
Chimpanzee
The Avengers
People Like Us
The Odd Life of Timothy Green
Brave
Frankenweenie
Wreck-It-Ralph
Lincoln
Monsters, Inc.

Excitement is building! :banana:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter