January 17th, 2016 Southern Wonder Cruise

Good Morning Disney cruisers! Just wanted to take a moment and say, since many of us are traveling tomorrow to start this wonderful trip- Be safe, don't over pack and I'll see you in San Juan. Please, please stop by our cabin and say hello (8532) since I now feel part of a wonderful extended family. Fish extenders let's have some fun and can't wait to giggle and deliver goodies. Again a huge thank you goes out to Katie and Michelle for including us and also to the rest of the amazing group for accepting us at the last moment- you won't be sorry lol. We have been on many Disney cruises but none have held this much excitement and fun to be had. Again see you on the Wonder and let our cruise begin.....

Packed and waiting by the door for the taxi to arrive in just another 30 hours or so! :D

Fortunately, I don't get overly excited about going on a cruise.

What no parade? no "stomp dancing"? lol Not counting the hours are we? lol Safe trip, see you in San Juan (or on the ship I know where you live lol)

What no parade? no "stomp dancing"? lol Not counting the hours are we? lol Safe trip, see you in San Juan (or on the ship I know where you live lol)

I'm a pacer, so no stomp dancing for me. I've a grove in the floor by the front door to prove it! Though I've been known to break into a spontaneous jig when the last mooring line is dropped into the water and the ship pulls away from the pier.

It always hits me it's real when I see the ship while we pull up. Generally till then I am excited but my heart dances when I really see it. I always think there will be 1 thing that stops us from actually getting there. We have completed step one- dog (Sidney) to dog resort (kennel lol). The list keeps getting check marks as things get completed. Trying to focus and have DCE in my brain. (Disney Cruise Excitement).

It always hits me it's real when I see the ship while we pull up. Generally till then I am excited but my heart dances when I really see it. I always think there will be 1 thing that stops us from actually getting there. We have completed step one- dog (Sidney) to dog resort (kennel lol). The list keeps getting check marks as things get completed. Trying to focus and have DCE in my brain. (Disney Cruise Excitement).

Typically the week or so before a cruise I begin to watch Disney movies and listen to Disney music. I usually put on Disney tunes as I pack. For some reason, I'm not doing that this time, though I'm no less excited.

Our "to do" list is getting checked off: stopped the paper and mail, made our taxi reservation, notified the banks of our travels, etc. My son and a neighbor are sharing house sitting and dog watch (our dogs are all rescue dogs so being put in a kennel is very traumatic for them). I've a few chores to wrap up today but everything is on track.

For me the cruise starts when I see the ship, even from several miles away like at PC.

We thought it would be hard on Sid too, we rescued him the day he was to be put down, but he loves it. He was actually running through the house carrying toys heading to the door rinse and repeat lol. Thanks for the reminder about the bank another thing added lol. Let it Go, Celebrate and Do you want to build a snowman first thing songs on my Ipod. 55 years old, almost 56 and those are my top 3 lol. No Disney movies- lots of hockey and football squished in, when it's on. Lots of chores yet to accomplish but enjoying our chat, so yep, put them off for a bit.

We've had rescue dogs for the last 16 years. Most of them were abused, and many were abandoned. Some we can kennel but most we can't. For some it's too traumatic (we've two dogs currently that have serious abandonment anxiety), for others they can't be placed in a kennel for medical reasons (we have to use a vet). We've found that having a dog sitter so they stay at home in a familiar environment makes life much easier for all concerned.

Last year I went to Ireland and realized after I'd arrived that I'd forgotten to notify my credit card companies. Brief moment of panic until I could get on a computer in my hotel to take care of it. It was on my list, but I'd completely overlooked it.

Hey, I was a Mouseketeer back when DL was still wearing it's first coat of paint! No apologies necessary about liking anything Disney.

Formal wear packed and 5 million fish extender gifts packed! This is a biggie since on the last cruise we had our formal wear ready and all in the garment bags- put them in the front closet for quick grabbing on the way out the door- oops went out the door and didn't grab lol. The time before that we were on the first cruise in Norway and the airline lost our luggage (also bag handlers strike) so for 3 days we had no luggage and of course, formal night was night 2. We tried to have someone come in and stay with Sidney (named for Sidney Crosby Pittsburgh Penguins) but that was a disaster. So we had no choice but to try the kennel. It's a vet run kennel, so I like the care he gets. We also have cats, so someone does come in twice a day and feed them, care for them, clean the litter boxes and just general hello I am a human time. Several try to climb in our suitcases as we pack one of these times they will actually make it on-board lol. Bank notified, our kitty lady gets our mail, so a few more tasks taken care of. We should have lunch one day while on board, that would be fun.

The morning of our departure I put all the luggage in our dining room which is next to the front door, including jackets, hats, etc. And don't anyone even think of removing anything! I carry it out to the taxi when it arrives and DW does a quick sweep to make sure we have everything, then I come back in the house and do the same before giving the dogs a treat and locking the door. DW and I then quiz each other about passports, tickets, cruise documents, carry-on, hats, etc. This system works well for us.

Unless our excursion times change, the only time we can have a leisurely lunch (as such) this cruise is the sea-day. We try to eat in the MDR when possible as Eileen is GF and the MDR does better at serving her a quality breakfast and lunch. Another option might be to meet for drinks.

GF gluten free? We can have it delivered to our room if you prefer- we have a dining room and they will bring things from the MDR as I understand. We aren't doing but maybe 1 excursion as they are generally tough for George to do depending somewhat on his scooter. He is happy with a cup of coffee and his smokes in the smoking area. I am generally the Navigator living (we call it the Bible no offense meant to anyone) part of our family. I love doing the activities and once in a while I splurge and do bingo. Love the arts and crafts and trivia. Being a cast member people think that gives me a one up- nope the other more a tougher time. We don't drink so the bar scene is sure not for us unless there is a game on we can't get in our room. Sports are a big part of our free time at home, as we both enjoy them.

GF gluten free? We can have it delivered to our room if you prefer- we have a dining room and they will bring things from the MDR as I understand. We aren't doing but maybe 1 excursion as they are generally tough for George to do depending somewhat on his scooter. He is happy with a cup of coffee and his smokes in the smoking area. I am generally the Navigator living (we call it the Bible no offense meant to anyone) part of our family. I love doing the activities and once in a while I splurge and do bingo. Love the arts and crafts and trivia. Being a cast member people think that gives me a one up- nope the other more a tougher time. We don't drink so the bar scene is sure not for us unless there is a game on we can't get in our room. Sports are a big part of our free time at home, as we both enjoy them.

Sent you PM.

Enjoying a relaxing day at the La Concha resort after a red-eye from California - it's so nice to have "summer" weather again for a while. Tomorrow we'll brave the hike to downtown and see what the whole festival of San Sebastian is all about :-)

On our way to San Juan tonight. Good news is we have a direct flight. Bad news is that we arrive at 3am PR time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter