January 10th, 2014 Cruise on the Magic from Port Canaveral

:tink:We are new to the Disney cruises ships and we were wondering if there is anything you might pass along to us about what we might need? We keep seeing things about the "light card", and we even heard about the pin trading time. We have our lanyards ready to go!:banana: We are busy working on our FE's and our door dodads. We can't wait to pick up our niece and head to the ship. Also, we are staying at the LaQuinta in Cocoa Beach the night before, because they are allowing us to keep the car there. Any buddy else doing this, or have anything they want to tell us about with regards to this? I'm sure there will be more as time gets closer! Tomorrow morning will be 12 more days.....we are so excited. TheRainbowConnection Kim, Tammy, Tori and Cassie :beach: pirate:

We usually do one-way rentals, but a short trip so we're doing an offsite parking. Hoping I don't regret it as I've read some mixed reviews about their lot recently and a change in management. We fly out the night before after work, so arrive late. Staying close to MCO and driving over Friday morning.

Not all cabins on the Magic have been upgraded to require a card to keep the lights on, but I've read that some have. It's handy to have a spare gift card that you can leave in the light switch. Otherwise, you have to use a room key to turn your lights on as you go in and out.

Pin trading is a personal thing and not one for me. I will warn that the backs come off easy. DD was disappointed when she lost one walking around. You will find times posted in the navigator or can approach people randomly if I understand it correctly.

Relax and enjoy your time on the ship! It will go by quick enough. Don't try to squeeze everything in.

Jill

Oh and for favorite characters Gaynel (DW)- Tinkerbell Collin (DH)-Belle (don't ask lol) Noah (DS8)-Pluto or Avengers Kate (DD6)-Sofia, Anna and Elsa from Frozen, Stitch Jett (DS1)-Mickey

Ok so I've been informed that my favorite character is not allowed to be Belle. (Have to admit it was a little awkward last cruise when my kids kept telling Belle that she was their dad's favorite and that I wanted a picture with her lol)
So on the record change Collins favorite character to Beast ha

Happy New Year !! Can't believe I will be driving to warmer weather next week ! :) I have all my FE gifts ready and packed. I will check back here for missing cabin numbers. I hope to pack this weekend !

Sorry it has taken me so long to replay, the holidays are always very busy! But our cruise is very close so I would love to schedule a meet at 3:30 the first day right before the muster drill in the Promenade Lounge. Hopefully many of you can come but if not it is totally fine, I know the day is very busy. Please let me know if you plan on coming. Can't wait to meet everyone!

Ok update on room and people.

Coffeeguy with
DW Marni, DD Jessica 17 likes Jack Skellington
DD Sabrina 12 Stich

Dreyer family
Olga wife
Jason husband
Amanda 14
Jessica. 9
Jeremy. 7
Thanks sorry for being late but only 9 days to go.

Sorry it has taken me so long to replay, the holidays are always very busy! But our cruise is very close so I would love to schedule a meet at 3:30 the first day right before the muster drill in the Promenade Lounge. Hopefully many of you can come but if not it is totally fine, I know the day is very busy. Please let me know if you plan on coming. Can't wait to meet everyone!

I will have my Grandsons with me to meet up with our FE group!

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
Hey we just looked over the spreadsheet and we are listed as 1 adult male and 2 adult females. It needs to change. We are 3 adult females and one female child. I also listed the likes in our previous thread. DD 21 likes Lock, Shock and Barrel, DD 9 likes Princess, Brave and Rapunzel. Sorry about short notice.:( We will be happy just to receive from our new friends. And on that note.....5 DAYS!!!!! We are so happy!!!!:cool1: :dance3::dance3::dance3: :cool1:
The Rainbow Connection

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl: Hey we just looked over the spreadsheet and we are listed as 1 adult male and 2 adult females. It needs to change. We are 3 adult females and one female child. I also listed the likes in our previous thread. DD 21 likes Lock, Shock and Barrel, DD 9 likes Princess, Brave and Rapunzel. Sorry about short notice.:( We will be happy just to receive from our new friends. And on that note.....5 DAYS!!!!! We are so happy!!!!:cool1: :dance3::dance3::dance3: :cool1: The Rainbow Connection

Very sorry about the bad assumption. I have corrected it and posted the character likes. Had to look up to see who Lock, Shock, and Barrel were. Lol. Funny since my nieces favorite is Jack Skellington; however, I don't think I've ever seen the movie.

For those still waiting on room assignments...don't know if you saw the thread on the main board earlier today or not, but someone who said they leave in 6 days (so assuming our cruise), posted that they were still *GT. They called DCL to see when they would get a cabin assignment and were told not until they got to the port.

We were wondering if your allowed to make an FE of alcohol, like a small soda and a small bottle of liquor. We saw someone did this on pinerest. It really was a very nice gift and we liked it. What does Disney say about this.

We were wondering if your allowed to make an FE of alcohol, like a small soda and a small bottle of liquor. We saw someone did this on pinerest. It really was a very nice gift and we liked it. What does Disney say about this.

We received several bottles of alcohol on our cruise last summer. Some were the little airline size mixers, another was a bottle of wine that was native to the region the family was from. Just make sure it's in the adults pocket and not the kids. :-)

Ok 5 more days. I recall need this short trip after the holidays great way to start the year don't you think. I tend to be a little more Chatty Cathy as the cruise gets close FYI. Also small bottles of spirits is fine we always inspect everything before giving to the kids just a sign of the times.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter