January 10, 2013 - 3 Night Bahamian S.S. Member Cruise

Where should we have our onboard Cruise Meet?

• Bon Voyage

• Vista Cafe

Results are only viewable after voting.
Hi all!

What a gorgeous ship!! We're off the Dream from our wonderful family cruise, so the MC is my next cruise!:woohoo: I'm really looking forward to sailing on her again!

I'llbe sending everyone the names & addresses for the post card exchange over the weekend. I'll be bumping up the thread often to see if there's any more interest!:banana:

Bobbi

Hollywood glitter. Really cute cat!

For the postcard exchange can you say what is involved again please. Thanks

Hollywood glitter. Really cute cat!

For the postcard exchange can you say what is involved again please. Thanks

OK, there aren't many of us, I think 6 so far. I will send the list of names addresses to you in a PM. The idea is to send a post card from your area, or someplace you really enjoy, and just say "Hi" and give a piece of info about yourself! It's really just another way to connect with each other!

When we on the Exhange Board here did a Christmas card exchange, the list was enormous, so the committment was to send at least 5. Since our list is smaller, I'm asking that we all send a postcard to each other.

I hope you can join us! Looking forward to connecting with more Member Cruisers!

Bobbi:goodvibes

Bobbi

Sure I'll join the postcard exchange. With such a short cruise it will be good to get to know everyone ahead of time
beth

Sure I'll join the postcard exchange. With such a short cruise it will be good to get to know everyone ahead of time
beth

Great!

Please PM your name/address to me. I'll be sending out the list via pm messages this weekend!

beth

This is true! There could be 3500 passengers, this is a way to connect with a few before hand!

We have been on several member cruises and we are now booked on this one too! I cannot wait to go again but this is our very first 3 day cruise. For us a 3 day cruise is a bit of a bummer because it will be over too quickly but I am just glad to be going and getting away from winter weather in the Midwest. Of course we will enjoy WDW before and after the cruise.

We have been on several member cruises and we are now booked on this one too! I cannot wait to go again but this is our very first 3 day cruise. For us a 3 day cruise is a bit of a bummer because it will be over too quickly but I am just glad to be going and getting away from winter weather in the Midwest. Of course we will enjoy WDW before and after the cruise.

I agree, "only 3 days" but it's 3 days on a beautiful ship! Come join the postcard exchange, and connect with some fellow cruisers!

we have only dne 1 other 3 night a few years ago with the Disney channel stars. I agree it is way too short, but we wanted to do a member's cruise and the one is ept did not work with school just starting. We plan to get on as soon as they begin to board ad make te most of every minute. ince w have been on the Dream twice it will not be so overwhelming.
since you have been on these before do they have may different events on them?

This is from a previous page:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BethA
We have cruised in dec and Jan. Weather can be great or chilly and the water at castaway was cold for me but most people were not bothered by it

Would love to hear from anyone on a member cruise before

Hi, DH & I were on the '05 Members cruise. It was Jim Lewis first year as head of DVC & he and his family did a presentation. Other presentors were Michael Lingerfelt, Don "Ducky"Williams, who also did a "How to Draw" session, Art Linkletter, Christopher White & Dave Smith. The guest celebrity performance was by Susan Egan, the Belle of Broadway.

Each night there were gifts in our room, some very nice pins, a litho by Ducky Wiliams of the Wonder with Mickey & Minnie and I think that's where we got very nice DVC beach towels. There were other things, I just don't remember.

Someone on the Disboards had tee shirts made up, took orders & there were lots of people in these gray tees on board, and it was lots of fun meeting members, there was a feeling of comraderie all around.

Now the sad part, Huricane Ophelia hit port Canaveral, and we had to land in port Everglades! Lines were long as people scrambled to get flights changed, make accommodations. Disney provided bus transportation, we opted to pay for a night at All Star Sports, so we had another vacation day.

My DH can't come on this cruise, I will be with DSis & DCuz, & look forward to being on another MC!

This was a 4 night cruise.

Bobbi

PS. Has anyone else been on a MC?

PPS. Beth, our DS, DDIL & DGS live in the Centerville area of Pittsburgh. Are you in that area?

The names are out! Please check your PM list. Have fun! Try to have them mailed by September 1st! Post here as you start receiving them!

not sure where that is. we live in the south hills area in baldwin.

I'm from McKeesport originally!!! 20 minutes southeast of Pittsburgh!:cool1: We live in south central PA now, near Baltimore and Harrisburg...

there is a Squirrel Hill Tunnel. we are 20 -30 minutes from there and Kennywood. Having not grown up here I am not a huge Kennywood fan, it's an amusement park, but I guess my problem is I compare it to WDW!
Anyone know if you have to have special stamps to mal the postcard to Korea?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter