• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Jan '11 PTR-Plane Tickets, Yet No Room Reservation: 1/31 update

I use a lanyard and clear ID pocket (of sorts I guess?) They gave them to us when we were CMs because we had to wear them when we were backstage so I just kept mine and use that now. I will take it off or put it in my pocket for pictures so it's not a huge deal to be off for a few seconds and then put it right back on when they hand back the PP card.

You can buy the clear ID holders at Walmart and they will typically fit any lanyard assuming it as something that can latch onto it. I got them for my parents when I was still a CM and they love them too!

HAPPY PACKING!

WHOOPS..I didn't read the AP part..

I didn't use mine all that often, just for a FP in the morning so I just put it right back in my wallet when I'm done with it. I figure if I lose my room key that's in my Lanyard which I almost did one time in Mousegear, that can be replaced easily. For what little I use the AP for FP (since they are spaced out in time), I always just put it in my wallet, it's safer in there!

Thanks for the ideas. I guess I will either stick with the pouch from last trip or keep them in the front zipper of my vera backpack - I love the old Vera design...the new one with the magnetic closure just doesn't cut it for Disney!

So, what have I been doing for these past 5 days...

Visiting SIL and brother at hospital waiting for my nephew to be (false alarm).

Teaching 11th graders - new motto in room 226 - CARE. I simply just asked them to care...and some of them took it to heart. (some of them already do...)

Wash and packing, searching for my airline ticket holder...and searching ... and looking at stores for a replacement...buying options for replacement, searching for the original some more. (I am ridiculously organized- to not locate something in my house in minutes causes me nausea!) ;)

I found it! It is a travel wallet that Liberty Travel gave me with my honeymoon docs fifteen years ago. It isn't cute, but it has a velcro closure and two inside pockets and a pouch. Perfect for Magical Express, boarding passes, DD's birth certificates, and my license. It makes going through the airport so easy! :wizard:

If anyone needs something to use like this that doesn't cost a fortune...I bought a pouch at Office Max...it is clear and a thin vinyl...it has a slide closure $1.49. It was in the isle with the sheet protectors. Another option is a clear thicker vinyl pouch $2.49. This one was a bit wider and was in the isle with the accordion style envelopes. (DH returned them for me today...)

Packing - so what did I pack? I only packed two Disney T-shirts. I packed a couple of other shirts that I enjoy wearing. Since the weather should be beautiful, I can look a little cuter than when we travel with 90 deg weather! I'm not taking pics...TR will have plenty!

Online check in is not working - UGH! I tried calling yesterday and CM said system wasn't working. I told her I'd just try today. So, it still isn't working and now the reservations line isn't working either.:confused3

I think I am finished rambling for now. :laughing:

Those final days before leaving are my favorite! I do love the hustle and bustle of everything coming together!

When we were going in September, I decided to try online checkin. It didn't work...it kept telling me I had to be 18 years of age:confused3 Like I don't wish I was 18 again:lmao:

:cheer2::cheer2::cheer2: Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Oh, wait, I'm not going, just you guys...:laughing:
:laughing:
Have a GREAT trip and I can't wait to read your TR!!! When you pass by the boat docks in front of MK, say hi to the FW launch for me! :cloud9:

Those final days before leaving are my favorite! I do love the hustle and bustle of everything coming together!

When we were going in September, I decided to try online checkin. It didn't work...it kept telling me I had to be 18 years of age:confused3 Like I don't wish I was 18 again:lmao:

I learned from an informed tech support cm that the linked DVC reservations are more advanced than the system and they are working on updating the system...no online check-in for me.

great updates!!!

Enjoy the last few days at home!!

HAPPY PACKING!

I am anxious so I can't say I am enjoying the days...but I am busy enough for the time to go a bit quicker.

:cheer2::cheer2::cheer2: Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Oh, wait, I'm not going, just you guys...:laughing:
:laughing:
Have a GREAT trip and I can't wait to read your TR!!! When you pass by the boat docks in front of MK, say hi to the FW launch for me! :cloud9:

I wish you would be there. I'd love to meet you and give you a great big hug. Heck I am welling up thinking about it! I will certainly say "Hi" for you!

Sooo, not only were DH and I watching the Orlando forecast...now, we are busy panicking about the Philly forecast...We might get snow on Wed! UGH. what is so frustrated is that we are only two days away and no one is making a real prediction?! The one station has it down to two possible tracks.

On the positive side...DD still doesn't know when we leave. She thinks 2/5...her sister shook her head yes at dinner to her, and when I looked at her, she acted sheepishly like she didn't do anything. :rotfl2: DH and I also talked about dinners for the week, and I told the girls we would go out Friday night--we discussed local restaurants. :cool1:

Today, I wore my hidden Mickey sweater. One of my students noticed the Mickeys. Some colleagues complimented it- but didn't see the Mickeys...I didn't tell them about them either. (They already think I am crazy. :laughing:)

Tomorrow will be another quick day. I half a half day with students and a half day to work on marking period grades. I am finished 90% of the marking period grades (I have a couple of kids to turn in make up work.) So, I will be working on my lesson plans for my sub. My girls have an ortho appt in the evening.

Wednesday is an Inservice day. I am not even sure what we are working on...I will be going over my touring plans probably and double checking the packing list. (Everything will be ready to go except toiletries when I leave for school.) When I get home I will hang Hannah's sign (from Milliepie's 4 shared files): Please visit to see [/URL]http://www.4shared.com/photo/kQoqeoGB/Suprisemickeypantsmh.html

Once the girls are home, they can finalize they flight backpacks (they packed these a week ago) and we will be on the road to my FIL's house. He will then drive us to airport.

:wizard: No SNOW or SLEET :wizard:

Giving you lots of pixie dust for no snow or sleet!! :wizard::wizard::wizard:

I think we'll be okay. Looks like it will be mostly rain at this point from what I've seen. Sooooo excited for you!

I'll send pixie dust your way for no snow!! We got a little bit of snow today in Cincinnati but no more than an inch.. a dusting probably. Driving to work was a bit icy but they don't tend to use salt on the roads here unless we get a ton of snow so that's why!

It's great that with technology these days that you are able to check you flight status so often without having to call!

Happy continued packing!!

Sending lots and lots of pixie dust for no snow, sleet or whatever else could come with that system!! I have a good feeling everything will be just fine...I'll check in one more time tomorrow:hug:

Thank you everyone! :grouphug:

Forecast has now changed- messy rain snow in am and FOUR TO EIGHT INCHES in evening!!! :scared1:

I called Southwest and changed our flight to 11:20 tomorrow morning!!! :cool1: :cool1:

I LOVE Southwest! They let me change the flight and for a one time weather related change - I did not have to pay any extra!!! :yay::dance3::yay::cheer2:

Okay- so I will check in later tonight. I need to run back to school to finish plans- I was supposed to go in for an inservice tomorrow, but I am certainly sick- so I will have to call out!

Forecast has now changed- messy rain snow in am and FOUR TO EIGHT INCHES in evening!!! :scared1:

I called Southwest and changed our flight to 11:20 tomorrow morning!!! :cool1: :cool1:

I LOVE Southwest! They let me change the flight and for a one time weather related change - I did not have to pay any extra!!! :yay::dance3::yay::cheer2:

Okay- so I will check in later tonight. I need to run back to school to finish plans- I was supposed to go in for an inservice tomorrow, but I am certainly sick- so I will have to call out!

Woooo Hoooo!!! Yay for no flight change fee!!! This changing forecast is crazy!! I think you're going to be totally fine leaving tomorrow morning!

How fun - have a great trip!!!! Can't wait to hear about it!

It's great to hear about the change! Safe travels to all of you! It looks like the snow is going to miss us tomorrow. It said Cincinnati and south/east would get hit but just a few inches. I'd gladly take snow or nothing over that!

Enjoy the last few hours at home!

That's great that Southwest let you change...gotta love an airline that does that for you at no cost:goodvibes

Have the best time and be safe and I can't wait to hear all about it when you're back!!

Leaving for FIL's in an hour and a half. Super excited, but we are still a bit anxious about weather. It is snowing pretty hard now. There is supposed to be a lull in snow- maybe some rain. This should happen around our flight time. Girls school is closed for the day; my inservice is now a 2 hour delay. I am SO relieved that we changed our flight.

Later today we will be in warm temps! :banana:

Talk to you when I get back. :grouphug:

Update: News just reported that delays are beginning at the airport. :(

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter