Jan '11 PTR-Plane Tickets, Yet No Room Reservation: 1/31 update

I like the buys!!!

I bought a hat that looks like the one you bought but it's black from Old Navy! I for sure needed mine when we were there a few weeks ago so I'm glad I bought it!

I hope I don't need it (but I can use it at home...)

Hey everyone - I added a new pic to my first page...I wanted to share it. I think it is a nice family shot.

c0442940.jpg

The family shot is very nice!!! I love your new hat -- it looks very warm!

How sad that no Disney bags came home with you -- you will have to make up for that while you are down at Disney! :thumbsup2

Love the hat...I bought one almost identical for Jasmine but in black! I would not have been able to walk away from that suitcase....willpower is really not my strong suit:lmao: Jasmine works at Winners here which is the Canadian equivalent to TJ Maxx and there was a suitcase there that she just HAD to have for her cruise....so I called grandma and grandpa and asked if they would like to buy it for her for Christmas so she now has a new suitcase! Her old one has seen much better days:eek:

That is a beautiful picture of your family!!!

I think the t-shirts are cute - it's too bad you guys didn't get anything there! And the suitcase was REALLY too cute! I love it! TJMaxx, you said... hmmmm.... :rolleyes1
The hat looks really cute on you - if I had long hair I might get a hat like that! Now that I've chopped off my hair, headbands/earbands are more the way to go. Otherwise, I just look sick. :rotfl:

Very nice family picture! You guys look very happy ;)

I'm glad you all have made it through your first holiday season without your Dad - I know it's tough - but it's over now. You have a baby shower to look forward to now - yay! That's how it is, you know. Life goes on... :hug:

Happy New Year!

The family shot is very nice!!! I love your new hat -- it looks very warm!

How sad that no Disney bags came home with you -- you will have to make up for that while you are down at Disney! :thumbsup2

Thanks! I think that DH and I will certainly have bags in Disney! He enjoys buying souvenirs as much as I do, if not more...;); right, honey? (he reads my reports...)

Love the hat...I bought one almost identical for Jasmine but in black! I would not have been able to walk away from that suitcase....willpower is really not my strong suit:lmao: Jasmine works at Winners here which is the Canadian equivalent to TJ Maxx and there was a suitcase there that she just HAD to have for her cruise....so I called grandma and grandpa and asked if they would like to buy it for her for Christmas so she now has a new suitcase! Her old one has seen much better days:eek:

That is a beautiful picture of your family!!!

I couldn't really justify the suitcase. Our girls have the red promo ones from the summer, and our basic luggage works. Plus, it didn't seem roomy...

I think the t-shirts are cute - it's too bad you guys didn't get anything there! And the suitcase was REALLY too cute! I love it! TJMaxx, you said... hmmmm.... :rolleyes1
The hat looks really cute on you - if I had long hair I might get a hat like that! Now that I've chopped off my hair, headbands/earbands are more the way to go. Otherwise, I just look sick. :rotfl:

Very nice family picture! You guys look very happy ;)

I'm glad you all have made it through your first holiday season without your Dad - I know it's tough - but it's over now. You have a baby shower to look forward to now - yay! That's how it is, you know. Life goes on... :hug:

Happy New Year!

I thought the shirts were cute too! Eight year olds :sad2:. I can't imagine cutting my hair off...even a couple of inches seem like a lot.

Ironically, the picture was taken at the very end of my dad's funeral luncheon. (We take pictures at odd times; one of the best family pictures I have is from my grandfather's funeral luncheon at the same place.) I think relief might have been the reason for the carefree smile on my part. The girls are too young to understand the magnitude of losing him.

It was a hard holiday, especially for my mom, but she didn't show it. Her strength amazes me. We underestimated her.

Yeah baby coming; boo baby shower. I am in charge of games for a coed room of 65! (Everyone states how they can tell I am a teacher...:rolleyes1)

Yay for Magical Express mail!! That's always an exciting day! I can't believe you passed on that luggage! I love it! But luggage is one of those things that once you already have it, it makes no sense at all to buy more. There's a cute piece of luggage on the disney website that I kind of want but what am I supposed to do with my old luggage? The hat is so cute! And that family pictures is just gorgeous! Hope you guys had a great holiday!

Yay for Magical Express mail!! That's always an exciting day! I can't believe you passed on that luggage! I love it! But luggage is one of those things that once you already have it, it makes no sense at all to buy more. There's a cute piece of luggage on the disney website that I kind of want but what am I supposed to do with my old luggage? The hat is so cute! And that family pictures is just gorgeous! Hope you guys had a great holiday!

I saw the cute luggage on the site. tempting!! but you're right; it isn't like you can just have two sets sitting around. I hope you had a great holiday!

I am going to be an auntie soon too! I can't wait to take SIL, bro and baby to the world! You are going to have a fab trip with your family. I have to look to see if you started your ptr yet!

Driving home yesterday, I decided that it was about time that I saw Tangled!

Tangled-Logo.jpg

When it first came out, neither of my daughters (odd little eight year olds) had any interest in seeing it. As a matter of fact, the one was adverse to seeing it...:sad2: No worries; I figured I'd see it alone and be happy about it!

When I got home and announced my plans (asked dh his plans- Univ of DE playing big game - too bad they blew it), my one little one wanted to go with me!

We had to go to the store to buy beer for the male prizes for today's baby shower. I found Bagpiper's Scotch Ale...thought it was a great touch. My dad was 1/2 Scottish and my brother wanted to wear a kilt at his wedding. haha. I like that it is a small way to have my dad there.

Next, we went to the baby store and bought SIL and DB a pack and play and some onesies.

Then, we were running on borrowed time - buying tixs at 7:00 for 7:05 movie...still needed concessions.

Just in time!!!

I laughed...
tangled.jpg

images

images

I cried....

images

images

I left LOVING IT!!!!!

I was the same way as DD, I didn't know if I wanted to see it. To spend $7.50 to see it plus the food (you hafta have the food!) but I caved, went, and LOVED IT!!

One of my roomies from FL and I agreed that the movie was great but the music was better in Princess & the Frog! All my kiddos at school seemed to like it too and talk about it all the time!

Glad to hear you enjoyed it too!

Sounds like a fun time!!! I'm glad you girls got to go have a good time!!!

I like the Scottish Ale idea and how it keeps a part of your Dad there - so very cool! :thumbsup2

Sounds like you are going to have a wonderful time. I can't wait to read more. You are so lucky to have DVC points and have such variety in which place you choose to stay.

I am glad that you enjoyed Tangled, me and DBF are going to see it today. DBF scored free tickets to see it and Tron Legacy, so we are going to see both today.

Sounds like you are going to have a wonderful time. I can't wait to read more. You are so lucky to have DVC points and have such variety in which place you choose to stay.

I am glad that you enjoyed Tangled, me and DBF are going to see it today. DBF scored free tickets to see it and Tron Legacy, so we are going to see both today.

Welcome! We are very blessed. (Also, our travel time is much less than yours!)

I hope you enjoyed Tangled as much as I did. I am not one to want to watch movies twice, but this is one that I do want to see again.

Oh, I so want to see Tangled now!!! I have heard nothing but good things about it! Glad you had fun seeing it!

Jackie, you have to see it- take the kids they will love it too!

I was the same way as DD, I didn't know if I wanted to see it. To spend $7.50 to see it plus the food (you hafta have the food!) but I caved, went, and LOVED IT!!

One of my roomies from FL and I agreed that the movie was great but the music was better in Princess & the Frog! All my kiddos at school seemed to like it too and talk about it all the time!

Glad to hear you enjoyed it too!
It was so worth the money! Even the $19.50 for the food! Funny, I think I like the music better in Tangled. I'll have to ask my high schoolers if they saw it...

Sounds like a fun time!!! I'm glad you girls got to go have a good time!!!

I like the Scottish Ale idea and how it keeps a part of your Dad there - so very cool! :thumbsup2

It was nice to spend time with just Emma! I had a prize (beer) left and gave it to my brother! =)

Before my Disney update - Here are a couple of pictures from the babyshower:

This is DH's countdown to Disney beard. He says he'll shave it the day we leave.

167527_10150123891558529_673258528_7729492_3443256_n.jpg

This is one of the best gifts:
163106_10150123891618529_673258528_7729495_3288344_n.jpg

My brother is fire chief! I guess even better would be Sarah's Christening outfit, but the best was the little sweater that our aunt (who was a huge part of my brother's life - who passed six years ago) knitted for him. It had a fire truck on the back. My mom saved it and another sweater my aunt knitted. All of my brother's friends laughed at him and told him that he was wearing the one the night before. (I guess his style hasn't changed.)

I wanted to throw this picture in because my SIL is beautiful and it is rare to capture a bad picture of her. She and my brother pose and they are both so photogenic! This is a "normal" shot of her.

34171_545873468573_54200847_31957806_7994466_n.jpg

We leave Wednesday night. I have to decide which shirt to wear to school on Wednesday (it is in Inservice day - no students.) Then, I need to pack for Thursday, Friday, Sat., Sun. and return Mon.

So, here is my Disney wardrobe:

Not really Disney, but I think that the designer for Ann Taylor Loft is a secret Mickey fan- I do wear this for school:
thing.25209000.l.jpg

images

images

104338M

AAAACyr_6u4AAAAAAFkKlA.jpg

103607MS

Mickey_Mouse_Standing_Grey-T.jpg
Mine is V-neck from Target

100_2735.JPG
I have this on a light blue shirt. Sorry I can't resize.

400165441845MS
I have the green.

16563484.jpg
Was DH's but shrunk too much in laundry!

I am a huge fan of What Not to Wear, so I only wear a couple of these in public - Saturday to store, etc. Others are ones for Saturdays when I don't go out. haha.

I am also trying to decide if I should wear only Disney T-shirts on the trip. (I understand Stacy and Clinton are okay with this attire in the theme parks. haha!)

Opinions????

I love it all!!!!:lovestruc I don't think Stacey and Clinton have a word to say about it....you HAVE to wear those shirts at WDW!! Can't believe it's coming so fast for you guys!!!

Too funny that DH has a countdown to Disney beard! :lmao:

Too cute about the sweaters and little fireman's outfit for your BIL's baby!

I love all the shirts you have picked out! I may have to head over to Ann Taylor and see if there are anymore of those cardigans.

Cute, cute stuff! I love all the shirts - that short-sleeve T you have in green, I have in pink! We must have good taste... ;)

That little firefighter suit is so adorable - I've never seen one like that!

I like all of the shirts! You are in WDW of course it is okay to wear WDW everything when you are at WDW!!

HAPPY PACKING!

Debby, I'm never on here anymore, but I was stealing a few minutes to browse the PTR board and saw you! I'm so excited you have a trip planned so soon! I'm going to catch up with your trip info soon...I hope...(the master's degree is killing me...I had to log on to the DISboards today, and I rarely let myself read TRs because I get caught up and loose track of time). Anyway - if I don't get back before you go - HAVE FUN!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter