• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

JAMBO Everybody...An August 2011 TR (Completed May 13)

What makes it funnier is my dw said pretty much the same thing on the trip report I just started.

I did notice that...I laughed out loud when I read it!!:lmao:

Sounds like an awesome start to the trip. Apart from leaving your Dad.:sad1:

Really looking forward to this one!:goodvibes

Hi Trish:hug: It was hard leaving him ... I sure hope the next time we decide to go that he would think of joining us! So happy you're here!!

Love Jeff surprising the girls!! So cute! Can't wait to read about your adventures!

Hi Kylie:hug: I kept my eye out for you guys! I can't wait to hear all about your's too!!

Me too! Oh this is gonna be good!

I sure hope so....I wonder where our friend Diamond is...just not the same without her here! I'll send her a quick PM on FB!!!

This will tell you how stressed I am over our trip next week--I caught that geodoc said that, but instead of thinking it was funny, I started worrying:rolleyes:.
I was getting really concerned--Did he have to leave the trip early? Did he get sick? What happened? Why was he not there to see how it ended!?!?!?!?!
Yes, insanity.

:lmao::lmao:We all get like that right before our trips:hug:

Hi Queen! Subscribing!!! Last year I started reading a part of your spiders report, but then got preoccupied so I forgot to finish! Guess I'll have to make time for this TR and finish the last TR! I'm hanging on to hope that our family can go to Disney next August, since we didn't make it there this year :(, and I'm hoping to go the same time you went this year. Excited to hear about weather and crowds!! Living in West Michigan, we deal with a fair share of 90 degree days with humidity so I don't think it will be a huge shock... then again I may be wrong :rotfl:!

:wave:Welcome!!! I completely understand how that can happen! I think if Jasmine was still in grade school and I was running her to all her activities etc that I wouldn't get the time I do on here! It is hot and humid, but I don't think it would be a huge shock:thumbsup2

I'm in. I loved your last TR.

I'm so happy your joining us again...welcome back!!

Just wanted to let you know that I'm following and eager for more updates! I read your past trip reports and loved them all. I love the relationship you have with Jasmine. I probably won't be commenting much or at all now that the new school year has started (and I tend to catch up on TRs while I'm drying my hair, so I can't type comments as I read), but I just wanted to say hi! :wave2:

That makes me so happy that you have been reading them..thank you so much! I completely understand about being busy! I'm glad you stopped in to say hi!!

Great start! I can tell this is going to be a fun trip! I love that you have a first timer coming along. Especially because he is a first timer that end up loving it! It is so fun to watch people discover the Magic.

Hi Jenny:hug: It was such a great time! It is a completely different experience when you have a newbie...it reminds you not to take it for granted! I'm so happy that you're here:hug:

Hi everyone!! Time for another update!! Jasmine and I ended up going to the states with my bff and her daughter or I would have had one up by now! I've got my tea ready and I'm good to go....so where was I.....

Oh yes, we had just taken off from O'Hare on our way to Orlando! On this leg of the journey I had the window seat, MM was in the middle and Peg had the aisle. Geodoc and SW were in front of us and Jas and Jeff were in front of them! MM ended up sleeping about half the way, I slept a little too! Here's a funny story! I decided that yes a drink would be nice, not a cocktail just a soda! Well apparently, I was a little more tired than I thought and I closed my eyes and ended up spilling my drink all over me and my Ipod Touch! Thank goodness it was more on me than my Ipod so it still works! We had a pretty good flight until we started to descend into Orlando then it got a little bumpy! I thought I did awesome...well not according to Peg and MM...they both made fun of me!! I was just happy there was no aborted landing this time:thumbsup2 I was so happy once we were actually on the ground...that's when I get really excited!
027-3.jpg

We were more towards the back of the plane so it took a little while to deplane but here is a shot of the whole family happily making their was through MCO to ME!! Jeff kept asking if we were sure we knew where we were going...silly boy!!
029-2.jpg

Didn't have to wait to long to get on this....
030-3.jpg

MM...such a happy girl!!!!
032-6.jpg

Jeff with his signature pose...he actually ran to get into this shot! I didn't get turned around this trip! When we arrived on Delta in September, I went the wrong way, but with United, we landed where we used to land with Westjet!!
033-6.jpg

We had to wait about 20 minutes until it was our turn to board! By this time, I realized my wardrobe choice was great for the plane but not so good for the Florida heat and humidity so I had to take off my hoodie! The anticipation while waiting to leave....everyone was so happy!
035-3.jpg

A very happy family....the girls were so excited!!
036-3.jpg

There were quite a few families on the bus by the time we boarded so we were close to the back so this was all I could catch of entering our happy place! I remember thinking, as I sat by myself, how ridiculous I must look with a grin from ear to ear! I didn't care though lol
037-2.jpg

Our security hut as we entered into AKL
038-1.jpg

Jambo House...our home for the next 2 weeks!
039-2.jpg

Not sure where Peg and Geodoc were but I had to grab this shot of the kids with our Welcome Home sign...I can still remember how it felt to stand outside and just take all of this in and realize once again how lucky we all were once again to be here
042-2.jpg

Check in desk! Geodoc and all the kids went and sat down while Peg and I went to check in! Eric, who was beyond amazing, checked us in! We chatted with him when he told us he was originally from Vancouver, BC! He shared our excitement about having our beloved Winnipeg Jets back...yup, the NHL is alive and when in Winnipeg again! He talked to us about wine tasting that we could go to at the resort (must have been a vibe he got from us) and then he told us that we had been upgraded! Yup, no value view for us.....we were upgrade to Savannah View! We were so excited!!! I didn't think our day could get any better but it was about to! Eric said, "please call down to the desk when you're settled and we'll send the basket up to your room". I looked at Peg and said "basket, what basket?" She looked at me and said "you have an awesome Dis-friend who sent you a basket!" I said "ME"...yup, it was for me!! She called me a spoiled brat...but I know she meant it with love! It brought tears to my eyes ...who had thought to send me something? We got our room keys and we were off!!
630-2.jpg

Our rooms were on the 5th floor so I took this as we were walking of the lobby! I love this lobby, I could sit there with my book and be completely and prefectly content!!
631-2.jpg

Signage to our rooms....we were in rooms 5114 and 5116! We were in what's called a lock off....what's that you ask....I will tell you! It's a one bedroom with a connecting door to a studio!
043-1.jpg

Here is our studio...this is where Jasmine, Jeff and I stayed!
044-2.jpg

Our table and closet
045-3.jpg

The gorgeous view from our balcony...we spent quite a lot of time out on that balcony!
046-3.jpg

Back in the room...our double sinks!
047-2.jpg

Our bathroom
048-1.jpg

Kitchen
049-3.jpg

Where we all got together each morning to have breakfast together!!
050-3.jpg

Master bath....whirlpool tub....and wouldn't you love to have this on your bathroom tiles at home, I know I would love too!!!
051-1.jpg

back in our room and Jeff's thumbs up again!
054-3.jpg

All Peg could talk about was giraffe's and how amazing it would be to be able to sit on your balcony and see a giraffe! While we were getting settled the garden grocer ordered arrived and Geodoc put it all away for us. This was what we were doing....we couldn't believe our luck, in our room for minutes and this is what greets us....we all believe our mom sent that for us:hug:

Up next.....Our first meal in the World...and my special delivery from a very special Dis-friend!

Jambo House. :lovestruc

Love it! How great for you guys to get upgraded. I hope you enjoyed your savannah view. It's really great to have.

I can't wait to hear about the basket you received!

Yay, you made it to AKL! I definitely agree, it is so awesome to sit out on your balcony and watch all the animals-especially the giraffes since they're my favorite.

Wow what an awesome touch of pixie dust to get upgraded to Savannah view, your room looks amazing:goodvibes

I can't wait to hear about your first night in the world

Hi :wave:

What an awesome start to your trip! :thumbsup2

Love how surprised the girls were when Jeff got into the limo. :goodvibes

Your suite looked lovely. It must have been incredible to spend two weeks there. :goodvibes

Looking forward to more.

Wow! What an upgrade!! Beautiful view! Jeff's thumb pose is so funny. You can just tell how excited everyone is to be there. I love AKL.

Hooray - Savannah View!!! I am so excited to see which special Dis friend sent something and to see what it is!!!

Great shots of the lodge - ahhh what a great place...:goodvibes

Yay, an update!!! :banana:

Didn't know you were a nervous flyer - how did you do on the flight when you came to Scotland? Oh no on the Ipad touch situation - glad it still worked.

Lol at Jeff asking if you knew where you were going! Hilarious!! :rotfl2:

Yay on everyone being happy about going home! I wonder where the CM got the vibe from about the wine drinking :rolleyes1 :lmao:

:woohoo: on being upgraded to Savannah view!!! I can't wait to hear how else your mum was with you on this trip hun :hug:

Oh my what a view to wake up to every morning!! I would love to stay at AKL one day.

:rotfl: at being called a spoilt brat!
As this will probably be my last update on here before I leave I thought I would make it a long one!

One final thing - can we make a deal. Can you go slow on the updates in the next couple of weeks so I can catch up easily when I get back. In return I'll take pics of your drink at Epcot as well as some of AKL :goodvibes

Great pictures from AKL. So beautiful.

We haven't stayed there but on my last trip I took some time one day to head over and wander around. Love how many animals you can see (from so many wonderful viewing spots) and I agree with you on sitting in that lobby. I could hang out there for hours reading and watching the world go by. :lovestruc

Jambo House.

Love it! How great for you guys to get upgraded. I hope you enjoyed your savannah view. It's really great to have.

I can't wait to hear about the basket you received!

Isn't Jambo House the best:love:...but then again I've never been to Kidani Village! It was amazing to have that view! We checked it out several times .... actually whenever we were in our room! It was a wonderful surprise!!

Yay, you made it to AKL! I definitely agree, it is so awesome to sit out on your balcony and watch all the animals-especially the giraffes since they're my favorite.

I love them too. It felt like pure heaven sitting out there!

That's just beautiful!! You all were so lucky to have an upgrade. Can't wait for more!!

Very lucky!! In 2009 we had pool view but to be able to stay for 13 nights there was no room for an upgrade so value it was! We couldn't believe how lucky we were.

Wow what an awesome touch of pixie dust to get upgraded to Savannah view, your room looks amazing:goodvibes

I can't wait to hear about your first night in the world

The rooms there are really gorgeous...and that bed.... I think I've decided it's time for a new bed at home!

What a beautiful room and incredible view! Your trip is off to a wonderful start :goodvibes

Isn't it spectacular...we were very very lucky!

Hi :wave:

What an awesome start to your trip!

Love how surprised the girls were when Jeff got into the limo. :goodvibes

Your suite looked lovely. It must have been incredible to spend two weeks there. :goodvibes

Looking forward to more.

Hey Sophia:hug: Jeff took credit for the room upgrade...he said it was him and it being his first time that we were getting so lucky!:lmao:

Wow! What an upgrade!! Beautiful view! Jeff's thumb pose is so funny. You can just tell how excited everyone is to be there. I love AKL.

We couldn't have been happier:lmao: We may have been skipping to our room:rolleyes1

Hooray - Savannah View!!! I am so excited to see which special Dis friend sent something and to see what it is!!!

Great shots of the lodge - ahhh what a great place...:goodvibes

Next post I promise will reveal the "basket sender":lmao: I know you love the lodge as much as we do...now if we can just get there at the same time:woohoo:

Yay, an update!!! :banana:

Didn't know you were a nervous flyer - how did you do on the flight when you came to Scotland? Oh no on the Ipad touch situation - glad it still worked.

Lol at Jeff asking if you knew where you were going! Hilarious!! :rotfl2:

Yay on everyone being happy about going home! I wonder where the CM got the vibe from about the wine drinking :rolleyes1 :lmao:

:woohoo: on being upgraded to Savannah view!!! I can't wait to hear how else your mum was with you on this trip hun :hug:

Oh my what a view to wake up to every morning!! I would love to stay at AKL one day.

:rotfl: at being called a spoilt brat!
As this will probably be my last update on here before I leave I thought I would make it a long one!

One final thing - can we make a deal. Can you go slow on the updates in the next couple of weeks so I can catch up easily when I get back. In return I'll take pics of your drink at Epcot as well as some of AKL :goodvibes

Nervous flyer might be a bit of an understatement...I'm a basketcase most of the flight:sick: Unfortunately for us, when we went to Scotland in 89 was shortly after the Air India crash so I was beyond terrified! I was a wreck and Paul wasn't much help...his response was "well, if we crash, everyone will know we were on the plane":scared1: WHAT?? What kind of logic is that??? I cried and he stopped talking:lmao:

I can't believe it's almost time for you to leave:hug: I'm gonna miss you girl, but I want you to have the best time ever!! I am on my way over to your PTR to give you a proper sendoff!!!

Great pictures from AKL. So beautiful.

We haven't stayed there but on my last trip I took some time one day to head over and wander around. Love how many animals you can see (from so many wonderful viewing spots) and I agree with you on sitting in that lobby. I could hang out there for hours reading and watching the world go by. :lovestruc

Thank you:goodvibes

We first discovered AKL when my girlfriend and her family that live there told Jasmine and I to meet there one evening for dinner at Boma...that was it! I fell in love with both the lodge and Boma...but never in my wildest dreams did I ever think we would be fortunate enough to ever stay there! My sister and her hubby make that happen for us...so lucky:goodvibes

Wow, you really were sleepy, huh?!:lmao: Glad your iPod survived. I have been known to do similar things, so don't feel bad!

How awesome that you got upgraded! Looks like you had a wonderful view and some space to spread out, which I think would be very important since you were there for two weeks.

I just don't know how the CM would have gotten the wine tasting vibe from yall:rotfl:!

I wonder who the basket was from...such a thoughtful thing to do.

Sounds like the pixie dust is already flowing on this trip; can't wait to hear more about it!

I'm late but I made it! Great start to the TR! :thumbsup2

I'm loving all the details. From take off to checking in.

I like your Hoodie too! ;)

Score on the upgrade! How awesome to see a giraffe just outside your window.

Brightens my day, seeing all the smiles on everyone's faces.
Jeff's two thumbs up is very cute!
I agree that Jasmine is still very pretty even at 3am.

Seeing the begining pics of your trip is getting me so excitted about mine.

On this day next week, my vacation starts!
We will be driving to our hotel for the night and fly out first thing in the morning.
Not quite as early as you did.
I'm looking forward to using ME for the first time. Hope I don't get lost in the airport. :laughing:

How very sweet of someone to send you a basket.

Joining in! I didn't follow the PTR but I am looking forward to the TR.

Love the DVC rooms at AKL, they look so nice!

I just love AKV! There really is nothing like sitting out on the balcony and watching the giraffes! Smart move getting a lock off instead of a dedicated. Then you have your own entrance and your own kitchenette.

Here's a funny story! I decided that yes a drink would be nice, not a cocktail just a soda! Well apparently, I was a little more tired than I thought and I closed my eyes and ended up spilling my drink all over me and my Ipod Touch!

I have this picture in my mind of your head slowly starting to bob back and forth, back and forth.... A little more... A liiiiittlle mooorrreee.... Plop. Head down... Drink tips over... Head jerks up quickly and eyes snap open!

I remember thinking, as I sat by myself, how ridiculous I must look with a grin from ear to ear! I didn't care though lol

Oh, and I'm sure you were the only one with that look on your face. Someday Disney's going to figure out a way to trademark that look and make money off it. :laughing:

and then he told us that we had been upgraded!

:cool1: Ya gotta love the pixie dust!

I looked at Peg and said "basket, what basket?" ...who had thought to send me something?

I have a hunch on this one... we'll see if I'm right.

All Peg could talk about was giraffe's and how amazing it would be to be able to sit on your balcony and see a giraffe! ....we couldn't believe our luck, in our room for minutes and this is what greets us....we all believe our mom sent that for us:hug:

Awww... that's really nice. Looking forward to the next update! :goodvibes

Alright, time to get this started! We were fortunate enough to travel once again with my sister and her family for a fun filled 2 week stay at the Happiest Place On Earth! We were there from August 21 - September 3, we stayed at AKL in a 2 bedroom villa which we loved, once again, beyond belief! I have grown to love AKL (SSR was my favorite and is still a close second) especially the homey feel that it has. My sister and her hubby bought into DVC in 2008 and we took our first DVC vacation with them in 2009!

What she really means is "we became leeches thanks to the generosity of my wonderful sister and her husband and children":lmao:

We have a tradtion before we leave on our vacation and that tradition is going to our local steakhouse, The Keg! It's something we've done since 1998 on our first trip...it's as much a part of our vacation as getting there! This year our Dad and Geodoc's mom joined us, along with 2 of Peg and Geodoc's friends who love Disney as much as we do!! They are 2 of the nicest people I have ever met and hope we can get together soon to chat all about this trip!

That was fun and they said they would love to do it again soon. The only problem was because we ate so well it was very hard to get to sleep.

I looked at the girls and said "Well, it looks like we're all here and they said yup...when Jeff popped into the limo and said "hey, what are you guys doing in my limo?" I wish I could have captured the look on MM's face! Her mouth literally dropped open and her eyes were as wide as saucers. It brought happy tears to my eyes, I knew all the fun times they were going to have with Jeff!

That was pretty funny!
[We were flying United to Chicago then Chicago to Orlando! I was trying to keep my flight nerves in check, but I'm not gonna lie to you, a drink would have helped!

The ones who really need a drink are the ones that are flying with you:scared1:

I have more to add about the crazy lady but will wait for my pictures. In the picture of Jasmine and Jeff by the plane in Winnipeg you can see me at the top of the stairs happy I have made it up the stairs without me falling through them:scared1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter