"I've Waited A Long Time for a Mother/Daughter Extravaganza" 9/8 Update!

OOHOHH! I wonder what you're doing RIGHT NOW?? I need to go check out your schedule and dream a little :)

Hope the two of you are having the most fantastic time ever!!!

DIS hugs :goodvibes

We're back! Yes our trip has come and gone and it is time to tell the tale! Grab a chair, join me!

Sunday August 23

After a relatively decent night's sleep, I remember waking around 3:30 but I did fall back, I awoke at 5:40am for good. I got up and having showered the night before just got myself dressed and ready. I woke Belle up and she did the same. Hurry and scurry but oh so quietly we got our things together. Our driver was supposed to come at 6:30am but I saw a white town car cruising our little side street at 6:15 so I figured it was him. He pulled out front and told us to take our time. We woke Bashful up to say goodbye, her request, and left a note for Goofy who had requested we not wake him up. Grumpy walked us out, we had our hugs and kisses and off we went!

Grumpy had offered to drive which was quite nice of him but I finally declined. Yes it would have saved $$$ but I felt like waking the other two kids up so early for an hour and a half ride to the airport (and then back!), to drop their sister off on a DISNEY trip was kind of cruel. So we let Driver Whatshisname take us. I never did catch his name. I will call him Speedy because he drove fast. Too fast. Made me nervous fast. I had those thoughts of "how bad would that be if we have been counting down to this day for so long and he wraps us around a tree?". Belle looked over at me a few times and I tried to be all "Yea, we are on our way to the airport, this is great!" because I didn't want her to pick up on my anxiety. She has a habit of doing that.

We arrived at Logan Airport with plenty of time to spare. Our flight was at 9:30am and it was I think only 7:30. Check in at Jet Blue was a piece of cake, I had printed our boarding passes at home. Security lines were quick moving and soon we were at our gate. We went to Dunkin Donuts as I knew I would soon be in the Land of Bad Coffee and got a juice and muffin for Belle and a bagel and iced coffee for me. Then we grabbed gum and a People magazine and plunked down in our waiting area. Side note: I don't think I've ever, ever taken a flight when I didn't have a People magazine with me. Maybe when I was a kid but since being a teen, I always fly with one.

I just love Jet Blue, they have a more relaxed feel and I think it rubs off on people. It seems people board and squish their junk where it needs to be a lot faster than on other airlines. By 9:15 we were all in our seats and Captain announced we were going to leave early! Yeah!

100_1534.jpg

We spent the flight channel surfing on both the TV and the XM Radio. My favorite, favorite song was on (shout out to Matt Nathanson!).

100_1535.jpg

We enjoyed snacks and soda and it was a lovely and uneventful flight. In no time, well 3 hours or so, we were landing in Orlando!

We opted for Magical Express this time so we headed down there after the Fake Monorail ride and checked in. The line was very short, especially compared to the line in January during Marathon weekend. I was feeling very happy at this point, just that giddy feeling you get when you arrive. As we had walked through the airport I was talking to Belle about how at the airport you have the arrivals who are so excited, their trip ahead of them a blank slate with no idea what is in store and then the departers who have large Disney bags, shirts, maybe even ears but have that dejected, sad and sometimes envious look on their face. We were happy to be in the first group right now.

We waited a little bit for ME, maybe 15 minutes? 20? It wasn't terribly bad. Got on and off we went. Pop was the first stop so that was quite nice.

Now I had done the online check in before we left. I had hemmed and hawed on this, like I do most things. I had asked my TA her thoughts. She said she had mixed feelings. She felt like unless they had a designated check in spot for it, it wasn't working so well according to some of her other clients. They still had to wait in a line to get to a CM for their packet. She thought if there was always a seperate place to do it then it might be better. I took my chances and am happy to report it worked great for us. Pop had several designated spots just for Online Check In and they were clearly marked. We went up and she produced our packet and showed us where our room was rather quickly. She knew it was Belle's birthday and made up her button.

We had asked for 70s or 80s and we got 70s. We were facing the lake and on the first floor, room 6159, pretty far down. We were behind the Mickey Phone. At first I thought I would not like first floor but in the end I liked it very much. It was nice not to do stairs or elevators all the time. While we were there there was contstruction going on by the Foosball players in front of our building so areas were roped off but we got to and from our room rather easily.

It was your standard Pop Room, nothing fancy but a nice place to rest your head and store your stuff for the week! And we had a towel animal to greet us!
100_1537.jpg

100_1538.jpg

We had packed some changes of clothing in our carryon and I wanted to change so I did. We freshened up and reveled in the fact that we were here!

100_1540.jpg

100_1542.jpg

Packed up the Baggalini and headed to Everything Pop! for a little lunch!

I do like this food court, it has a lot to offer. However I missed the slushies this time and it seemed like the dessert offerings were slimmed down since the last time I was here. I remember more variety in the past. According to my receipt it was 2:15 when we paid with our CS. Belle had Loaded Nachos, Chocolate Cake and a soda and I had Shrimp Lo Mein, Tie Dye Cheesecake and a Soda. If not for Free Dining this would have been $28!

100_1543.jpg

100_1544.jpg

100_1545.jpg

We ate, watched a little Disney Channel and then headed to the Bus. We were looking for Epcot and lo and behold one showed up just moments after we got there. We had serious Bus Mojo this trip. I think Pop has really great buses. We never waited long. It really was great!

So off to Epcot we went. It would be our only trip there for the week. We had our email that would admit us to the Mickey Moms Club Party. But would we make it?

Stay Tuned!

Allyson:surfweb:

Awesome! So excited to hear your trip report! Glad to hear that it was a good time.

This is making me even MORE excited about our upcoming trip!!! We love Pop as well....the first stop off of ME, the bus service, the Food court.....

Can't wait to hear more!!!!!

Welcome back.

Hurray, you're back!! Sounds like the trip is off to a great start! I love that giddy feeling that you get when you're finally there. Starts at the airport, builds in the fake monorail, gets stronger on Magical Express, even more at the check-in counter and then when you reach your room?? All out giddy-ness! :woohoo:

I wonder why Pop got rid of the slushies? :confused3 Those were so good!

Thanks for the review of online check-in. I'm not sure if I'm going to try it or not b/c I have a specific request. We'll see.

Can't wait to hear about your evening at Epcot!

Great start Allyson!!!:goodvibes I'm sooo excited just reading this!!!! Love how your write, I feel like I was along for the ride!!!:thumbsup2

Sounds like online checkin went well, I'm thinking about it for my upcoming trip but want to be sure we get what we requested. Hmm....sounds like it worked for you, though!!

And btw, we have WAY too much in common, LOVE that song by Matt Nathanson!! It's the first song on my iPod for my workout in the a.m.!! LOVE it!!!:love:

Can't wait to hear more!!!:surfweb:

Great start!! Seems like the traveling down was super easy, I love it when you have a smooth flight and can immerse yourself into the Disney Magic easily! :goodvibes

Hurray!!! Your trip down to Orlando was so smooth!!!

You both look so excited to be at Disney!

That shrimp lo mein looks delicious!!!

I do hope you make it to the Illuminations party!

yay!! The party has started!!

great 1st chapter! I can hardly wait to hear all about your Epcot adventure...and the mom's club thing:yay:

Paula

OH I hope you had a wonderful time!! How great!!! Can't wait to hear more!!!! :thumbsup2 Loved that you had luck with the busses!! What a perk your first day there!

JetBlue is fantastic. Love the inflight television.

I fly with People, InTouch, and OK! :lmao:

I'm hoping you made it to the party.

Great start! Good to hear that you liked POP and that online check-in went smoothly, I'll be trying both in October.

YAY!

I've cried through the 1/2 marathon, I've cheered that you were on your way, AND NOW YOU"VE STARTED! YAY!

Mrs. Spratt

Hi, I'm subbing on...

I love that you are taking Belle on a birthday trip -just the two of you...:goodvibes I think that mom-daughter stuff is great...:thumbsup2 I have a 14 soon to be 15 year old and I love doing lunch and shopping or a movie... so I imagine a whole trip would really be fun...

I was so excited to read about your half marathon at Disney...I am in the process of making some "lifestyle changes" and would love to be able to someday do the half marathon...I can't imagine a more fun place to do that...

(I love how you talked about you you started out with a 5k and built up...it gives me hope...in fact I'm going to copy your story and but it in an inspiration binder I'm making and everytime I feel lazy or want a piece of cake...it will make me rethink that...Thanks you brought a big smile to my face...

I also can't wait to read more about your trip...:goodvibes

Awesome! So excited to hear your trip report! Glad to hear that it was a good time.

This is making me even MORE excited about our upcoming trip!!! We love Pop as well....the first stop off of ME, the bus service, the Food court.....

Can't wait to hear more!!!!!

Welcome back.
There is much to love about Pop!

Hurray, you're back!! Sounds like the trip is off to a great start! I love that giddy feeling that you get when you're finally there. Starts at the airport, builds in the fake monorail, gets stronger on Magical Express, even more at the check-in counter and then when you reach your room?? All out giddy-ness! :woohoo:

I wonder why Pop got rid of the slushies? :confused3 Those were so good!

Thanks for the review of online check-in. I'm not sure if I'm going to try it or not b/c I have a specific request. We'll see.

Can't wait to hear about your evening at Epcot!
I suppose if you are dead set on something as a request the online check in would be a gamble. Where we didn't care really too much I took the chance. I can't imagine why lose the slushies? Were they that much more expensive??

Great start Allyson!!!:goodvibes I'm sooo excited just reading this!!!! Love how your write, I feel like I was along for the ride!!!:thumbsup2

Sounds like online checkin went well, I'm thinking about it for my upcoming trip but want to be sure we get what we requested. Hmm....sounds like it worked for you, though!!

And btw, we have WAY too much in common, LOVE that song by Matt Nathanson!! It's the first song on my iPod for my workout in the a.m.!! LOVE it!!!:love:

Can't wait to hear more!!!:surfweb:
That song, well oooh I get flush when I hear it! LOL! Grumpy can't STAND it! Maybe because I play it so much. And it is my ringtone. :)

Great start!! Seems like the traveling down was super easy, I love it when you have a smooth flight and can immerse yourself into the Disney Magic easily! :goodvibes
Yes it does make it a nice transition when things go well at the airport!

Hurray!!! Your trip down to Orlando was so smooth!!!

You both look so excited to be at Disney!

That shrimp lo mein looks delicious!!!

I do hope you make it to the Illuminations party!
I LOVE that shrimp lo mein. I've gotton it each time we've been to Pop. Kind of a staple for me.
yay!! The party has started!!

great 1st chapter! I can hardly wait to hear all about your Epcot adventure...and the mom's club thing:yay:

Paula
How is your foot feeling? Hope you are on the mend before your trip!

OH I hope you had a wonderful time!! How great!!! Can't wait to hear more!!!! :thumbsup2 Loved that you had luck with the busses!! What a perk your first day there!
We had luck with busses all week baby! Well except for once...

JetBlue is fantastic. Love the inflight television.

I fly with People, InTouch, and OK! :lmao:

I'm hoping you made it to the party.
It really is my new favorite airline. I can't think of one bad thing about it.

Great start! Good to hear that you liked POP and that online check-in went smoothly, I'll be trying both in October.
You'll enjoy Pop, it was our third stay and it is fun. It can be loud in the common areas, it is kind of overstimulating (the colors, stuff everywhere, noisy at times in the food court) but I think for a Value it offers a nice place to stay with a definate Disney feel and great bus service.

Sounds like you're off to a great start! Can't wait for more!
Coming right up!

YAY!

I've cried through the 1/2 marathon, I've cheered that you were on your way, AND NOW YOU"VE STARTED! YAY!

Mrs. Spratt
Awww, you are too sweet!

Hi, I'm subbing on...

I love that you are taking Belle on a birthday trip -just the two of you...:goodvibes I think that mom-daughter stuff is great...:thumbsup2 I have a 14 soon to be 15 year old and I love doing lunch and shopping or a movie... so I imagine a whole trip would really be fun...

I was so excited to read about your half marathon at Disney...I am in the process of making some "lifestyle changes" and would love to be able to someday do the half marathon...I can't imagine a more fun place to do that...

(I love how you talked about you you started out with a 5k and built up...it gives me hope...in fact I'm going to copy your story and but it in an inspiration binder I'm making and everytime I feel lazy or want a piece of cake...it will make me rethink that...Thanks you brought a big smile to my face...

I also can't wait to read more about your trip...:goodvibes
I firmly believe Disney is a great place for anyone's first big race. There is such motivation, especially for Disney lovers! What other place would keep you on track with training? There wasn't another place for me. The idea of running down Main Street and through that Castle made me keep going. Stick with it! You CAN do it! :)

And in the words of the WISH board here on the DIS

Dead Last Finish is Greater Than Did Not Finish Which Greatly Trumps Did Not Start.

The rest of Day One coming right up!

So we got on our bus to Epcot excited to hit a park! We had ponchos in our bag because it was looking a little foreboding out there.

When we first arrived at Epcot what did we see? Brazilian Tour Groups. About a zillion girls in matching shirts. They were all taking group shots in front of the Golf Ball. Eeeek! We manuevered our way through and headed towards Soarin'. We hoped to get FP for them but it was now close to 3pm and I wasn't sure how lucky we would be. Well by the time we got there it was 3:06pm and we pulled FP for 7:42pm. So that was good!

We moseyed over to ride Nemo. Belle loves this ride. It is cute, I like it too. No line, just walked through the veeeerrrryyyyy long queue. I can't imagine if that queue was ever full? It would take you forever to get through? I think I've always walked on this ride.

After we went to check out the manatees. Bashful had requested pictures so we obliged, though they did not come out so hot. Looks more like a blob with some lettuce floating around.
100_1548.jpg

And in honor of Bashful's love of the hermit crab we got a pic of this little guy for her:

100_1555.jpg

And this dangerous guy, Grumpy saw one while scuba diving in the Bahamas earlier this year!

100_1558.jpg

We also got to watch the dolphins who were quite active and playful at the time. It made us very excited for the next day's events (Discovery Cove!).

We "chased the white rabbit" (our family Disney term for using the restroom, back on our first trip when we were at a breakfast and Alice disappeared the waitress told us she was chasing the white rabbit and would be back soon, we had our own theory!) and decided that the only way we'd probably get to ride Test Track would be Single Rider. We didn't want to wait in the Standby Line (even though it was only 30 minutes I think) and we didn't think we'd get a FP by the time our window opened. So Single Rider it was. It was posted as 10 minutes and that was about right.

I got put in a car about 2 ahead of Belle. I was in the front with a boy and his Mom, they were very nice! The ride was fun, I still always scream at the truck. The suprise this time was that when we exited to do the loop outside it was as if we entered the car wash. It was POURING rain! Oh my it was just pelting! And all I thought was "Belle is going to hate this!":scared1: I was actually a little nervous. It seemed much faster in the rain and I even shut my eyes a bit.

I waited for Belle at the end and she was fine, thought it was cool.:thumbsup
We headed out once we poncho'd up, it was pouring! Pouring sideways if that is possible. Very, very wet and I had flashbacks of last year's trip. We decided to go into Spaceship Earth, another favorite of Belle.

We walked right on and were on our way. We found a Hidden Mickey we had read about, laughed at the girl in the yellow tights, inhaled the smell of Rome burning which is quite reminiscent of a Turkey Leg smell and then cracked up at our video at the end when we were on our Rocket Bikes. We had made ourselves from some tiny island off of Russia and that gave Belle the giggles too. It is the small silly things in life really. :goodvibes

It was still driving rain so we hung out for a short bit. We walked around Innoventions. We had seen the Kim Possible area and didn't know if we wanted to try. Finally Belle said we might as well so we got our ticket. We were to go to Norway. Ponchos on we trudged our way. As we got towards Mexico the rain decided it was over and we were very happy with that! We got to the Norway Kim Possible Field Station and the CM was awaiting word that he could reopen. Apparently due to lightening they had shut down for a bit. We waited and the line grew. We were able to see other people who had already been working on the mission go about things in the area. That was what was kind of a bummer. By the time he got word to reopen we had seen several groups doing things in our area so the suprise effect was not there. I don't want to give too much away. I'll just say for us KP was a thumbs down. We did a few of the tasks, like 4 if I remember correctly and then we just gave it back. Belle had lost interest and again seeing so many others doing them in that small area of Norway just took the surpise factor out of it for us.

A little pin trading in Norway and we were on our way:

100_1560.jpg

We headed south of the border

100_1562.jpg

And took one of many really bad self portraits of ourselves

100_1563.jpg

We rode the boat ride and then scooted through Norway to China.

100_1566.jpg

We took this as Grumpy's school trip in March was going to be China and we wanted to show him that we had already seen the soldiers!

100_1568.jpg

His trip has since changed and he'll be going to either Costa Rica or the Galapagos Islands again,they are trying to decide.

Through with China we marched forward on our trek around the World. We stopped to catch part of Miyuki's show already in progress. We saw her make a Chameleon, so amazing. All week long Belle would be repeating "Candy...Carmella...shiny shiny shiny". Her voice, Miyuki, can put you in a trance, I wonder if she gets tired of saying the same things over and over in that hypnotic tone of voice? While in Japan I had to get some candy for the other kids. They all LOVE the chewy fruit candy you can find there. I picked up a few packs in different flavors to bring home and Belle got herself a couple of packs as well.

We were feeling a bit hungry for a snack so we headed towards France. On the way we saw:
100_1572.jpg

And we had to take a quick detour through Morocco. I just love wandering in here and feel it is the country that I most feel like I'm really in when I'm exploring at Epcot:

100_1571.jpg

Then we arrived at the bakery in France but Belle decided it was ice cream that was calling her name. Off to the Crepe Kiosk. Belle chose a swirl ice cream in a waffle cone while I indulged in Strawberry crepes. They. Were. So. Heavenly. Really, one of the most delicious snacks I've had at Disney. We wandered over the bridge to England and found a bench to enjoy them on.

Post Heavenly Crepe High:

100_1573.jpg

Post Ice Cream High:

100_1574.jpg

We still had time before our Soarin' FP so what to do? Well we went over to see Figment but he was closed. So we rode Nemo again. Told you, we love Nemo!

We then went into The Land, plunked at a table and called home to say hello. We worked on our book for a bit. Then our FP time had arrived, finally!
We got in the FP line and it was probably a 10-15 minute wait before we were Soarin'! And Soarin' in the front row I may add. I think I had some Soarin' virgins next to me and what fun to sneak a glance and see the expressions on their face! :goodvibes That's what it is all about!

Ride over and time for the Mickey Mom's Club Partay! Here is where I cue the dismal music. We looked at each other. We were tired, we had traveled, we had to be up early for our big Discovery Cove day tomorrow. We bagged it. Yup. We skipped the party. I am sorry I can't report out to you on it. I would have liked to have stayed but I was tired too. And I know Belle all too well. Pushing pushing pushing it would have resulted in a mess. And I had not spent $$$$ for tomorrow's festivities to have her be a tired cranky girl at DC.

So we went back to Pop, unpacked, hopped into bed and fell asleep very quickly!

Next up Monday August 24 and Discovery Cove!

Allyson:surfweb:

Great update Allyson!:thumbsup2 WOW, that rain sounded pretty bad but seems like you made the best of it!! Love the post "crepe/ ice cream" pics, they are really cute ones!!! Sounds like a very full day, I'm with you, I would have skipped the partay too!!;)

Great update. I can tell from the looks on your faces that it was a wonderful day and trip! I probably would have bagged the party too. Resting up for Discovery Cove was definitely the right choice. Speaking of which, I am so anxious to hear all about it!!!

Sure sounds like you had a hugely busy day after all, and not pushing it was probably the best idea! Loved all the descriptions, we have never seen "the candy lady" I have to make time for this in the next trips... we saw the crowd around her but never stopped ourselves... CREPES in France BEST SNACK I agree!!!!! :thumbsup2 Can't wait to hear about discovery cove!!! :yay:

Wonderful update!!! :goodvibes

Eek on the Brazillian Tour Groups! Doesn't sound like you ran into them again that evening.

Rain on Test Track? Double eek! :eek: I don't know how I would feel about that!

I understand the thumbs down on the Kim Possible -- it does kind of take the fun out of it if there are a lot of people doing missions in the same area.

Oh, how I want to try strawberry crepes now! Putting them on my list! :thumbsup2

Figment was closed??? That surprises me -- although I guess it can malfunction like other rides...

I don't blame you for bailing on the fireworks party -- being tired for Discovery Cove would have been terrible.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter