"I've Waited A Long Time for a Mother/Daughter Extravaganza" 9/8 Update!

You are going to have a fantastic time! :goodvibes My mother did alone time with my sister and me but it was only Baskin Robbins or ice skating. Still good memories though. DC is very cool. :thumbsup2 The setting is so pretty and since only a certain number of people are let in each day, it's not crowded. The theme park writer for the newspaper did a top ten Christmas wish list and DC AP's were one of his top wishes. Not to swim with the dolphins every time, just to enjoy the environment. You probably know, but the earlier you get there, the earlier your swim time is. I'm not sure that it matters one way or another, just fyi.

Congrats on the marathon. That's awesome! :cool1: My doctor told me I should run a marathon in order to lose weight. Yes, I looked at her like she was crazy, but maybe 1/2 would be possible.

Will be back for some real replies and an update, just time for a drive by!

SINGLE DIGIT DANCING!

9 DAYS!!!!

:cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

And SHHHHHH! I just ordered a Mini Castle Cake for Belle's birthday at our dinner at 1900 Park Fair. It is tiny and cute and chocolate and she'll be suprised!!!

Picked up a Mickey T for her at Walmart today, they often do have some very cute Disney shirts. I'm not a huge Walmart fan but have to give them that. And got some more ponchos. Have you seen the forecast? I knew I'd jinx it. Some kind of disturbance out by Africa right now. Yes I know, too soon to call but with my luck it'll turn into a Hurricane or TS and drench us. Oh well, have Poncho will travel!

Found some leftover water shoes today but not our sizes. People say to get them for Discovery Cove. Not having luck and don't want to buy them there at their inflated prices I am sure. Some folks said they just wore Crocs, we could do that I suppose. This is in the snorkeling area, read that the coral and rocks can be rough on the feet. And underwater throwaway camera, need one of those. Dang, I knew I forgot something!

Allyson:surfweb:

:cool1: 9 days! Belle is going to love the cake. :thumbsup2 There is a WalMart not too far from Disney, but I have no idea the cost of a taxi or bus. We didn't do the snorkeling so I'm not sure how bad the coral is. Crocs should work though but you may want to bring two pairs. I hate walking in wet shoes.

WOW Allyson! 9 days!!!:cool1: I can't believe it's almost time!! I was just at Walmart the other day and saw their tshirts, they had some pretty cute ones, and guess what? I forgot my ponchos when I was there!!! That was one of the reasons I was there!! Oops!!!:sad2: Oh well, I'll need diapers soon again and will be back...lol!:laughing: The cake sounds perfect, that will be such a nice surprise!!! Hope you have a great weekend!!:goodvibes

Happy single digit dancing!! :dance3: Don't fret about the forecast (I know, easier said than done). Those weather people don't have a clue, I'm convinced of it! :sad2: And you're going to have a great time no matter what!

Have fun collecting the last required items. Good luck finding the water shoes!

Wish I was coming too! :upsidedow

Oh, I am so excited you get to attend the Illuminations party! I was hoping someone would do it and bring back a full report!!! :thumbsup2
Yes I hope we make it! We RSVPd but you know Belle, early to bed and it is our travel day. It is our intention to go, hoping the adrenaline will keep her up!
WOW 12 days!!!!:woohoo: I can't believe it! Time is flying by, seems like you're in good shape with things. And I'll pray you didn't just jinx us weather wise!! LOL!;)
Oh if you only knew how much I've been on the NOAA website since posting that. Dang, I get sucked in every time. I obsess over snow storms too!

Oh Allyson!! What an amazing experience you had with the race!! I'm soooo proud of you, and totally inspired! I've been considering doing a 1/2 marathon, and really, it would be soooooo amazing to do it at Disney! I seriuosly had tears reading that...how incredible!! Now I have a reason to keep on training (I'll be doing a couple of 5Ks this fall...I haven't really ran since my girls were born! Hubby and I did the Army 10 miler in DC, and it was so fun).

Thanks for the great report on your experience. :goodvibes

Your trip is getting so close now! I love that you're doing this with your daughter and hope that you have the time of your lives!
Thank you and I do believe the Disney race is just so super special and gives you that extra motivation factor.

10 days! Tomorrow you will be single digit dancing!!:woohoo: It has gone by so fast. I bet you guys are super excited. I'd love to pull my suitcase out but think 40+ days may be a little too early. :rolleyes1

How cool about the Mickey Moms Illuminations party. I can't wait to hear about that. I'm sure it will be fun!
We just pulled the suitcases out today, 6 days to go! Well I'm actually in bed, it's after 11pm, let's call it practically 5 days!

You are going to have a fantastic time! :goodvibes My mother did alone time with my sister and me but it was only Baskin Robbins or ice skating. Still good memories though. DC is very cool. :thumbsup2 The setting is so pretty and since only a certain number of people are let in each day, it's not crowded. The theme park writer for the newspaper did a top ten Christmas wish list and DC AP's were one of his top wishes. Not to swim with the dolphins every time, just to enjoy the environment. You probably know, but the earlier you get there, the earlier your swim time is. I'm not sure that it matters one way or another, just fyi.

Congrats on the marathon. That's awesome! :cool1: My doctor told me I should run a marathon in order to lose weight. Yes, I looked at her like she was crazy, but maybe 1/2 would be possible.
Thanks on the race, like I've said, if I can do it, anyone can. Mind over matter! And thanks for the insight on DC. We are very excited about it. We are going to try and get there before it opens so we can get into an early swim time. I'd rather have done early. I just keep thinking if a bad T storm rolled in during the afternoon what would happen if you couldn't get your dolphin experience in?

:cool1: 9 days! Belle is going to love the cake. :thumbsup2 There is a WalMart not too far from Disney, but I have no idea the cost of a taxi or bus. We didn't do the snorkeling so I'm not sure how bad the coral is. Crocs should work though but you may want to bring two pairs. I hate walking in wet shoes.
Thanks, I ended up ordering her some water sneakers from Lands End. They were on clearance which was good but I paid expedited shipping to make sure they get here on time, not so good. And I call myself a planner, ha! I have some from a previous trip and I'll just use mine I suppose.

WOW Allyson! 9 days!!!:cool1: I can't believe it's almost time!! I was just at Walmart the other day and saw their tshirts, they had some pretty cute ones, and guess what? I forgot my ponchos when I was there!!! That was one of the reasons I was there!! Oops!!!:sad2: Oh well, I'll need diapers soon again and will be back...lol!:laughing: The cake sounds perfect, that will be such a nice surprise!!! Hope you have a great weekend!!:goodvibes
Go back and get those ponchos! Belle liked the shirt, she tried it on today and it was cute.:)

Happy single digit dancing!! :dance3: Don't fret about the forecast (I know, easier said than done). Those weather people don't have a clue, I'm convinced of it! :sad2: And you're going to have a great time no matter what!

Have fun collecting the last required items. Good luck finding the water shoes!

Wish I was coming too! :upsidedow
Ahhh the weather! Do you know I am more concerned now about Bill impacting my flight out of Boston on Sunday than anything to do with weather in Orlando? Never a dull moment.

We got our sweaty, stinky selves back to the YC and showered and got down to SAB. Found 4 chairs and we just vegged. We went in the water, we cat napped, we relaxed. It was great. We got some lunch at I think it is called Hurricane Hannas. It was just okay. I had a salad that I didn't care for, I think I threw most of it away.

After a bit I rallied the troops and we changed and headed over to MK. I was wearing my medal, there was no way I was taking it off! We entered the park and found Pinocchio!

100_0833.jpg

It was like playing charades with him as he motioned to us if we ran the race, it was cute. The medal drew a lot of congratulations from CMs and other guests too, it was fun.

We rode some rides, I can't remember which and in what order but I know we did a bunch, it wasn't that crowded...

Snow making a scary Pirate's face as we waited for POTC:

100_0839.jpg

Soon it was time to head over to the Poly for dinner at Kona!

Monorail with my Grumpy

100_0844.jpg

We didn't wait long to be seated and dinner did not disappoint, everyone loved what they had!

Grumpy loves himself a girly drink and isn't afraid to order something glowing...

100_0845.jpg

I went with the old Lapu Lapu myself...

100_0846.jpg

I know a couple of us had the steak, someone had the shrimp/scallops and I can't recall the other entree, fish maybe? The bread and butter are to die for and I think I had my favorite Shrimp Curry soup too. We loved it all and dinner was fun!

After we had planned to go back to MK for Wishes plus we had some FPs to use. However the boys were tired. Tired! So just Snow and I went back by ourselves. We went on a couple rides, gave a set of our FPs to some very thankful women in line for Space Mountain and saw Wishes. It was Snow's first time seeing Wishes and she loved them!

100_0853.jpg

Soon after we headed back ourselves. We had to get some sleep, we'd be flying off to the Bahamas in the morning for the second half of vacation.

I'll add one more post with a few Bahama pictures for you in case any of you are contemplating a trip to Sandals sometime. I'd recommend it!

Next post, we have started to pack for this trip!!!

So I am in bed, lights are out, it is almost 11:30pm, I think I can call it 5 days till Disney!

Today Belle and I got an underwater throw away camera for DC. In the past I have never been thrilled with any underwater shots I've taken but figured she'd probably enjoy taking some anyway so why not. They usually end up as a blur of blue with a colorful splash that if you squint and stand on one foot you might be able to tell it was some sort of fish going by. We also picked up a BandAid brand blister stick sort of thing, kind of like a stick you rub on your feet to prevent blisters. Worth a shot. And we got two white tanks to use for our T-shirt making. I think that was it for our shopping today.

We came home and got out the suitcases and started packing. I packed most of our toiletries. I had her go through her pins and figure out which she wanted to bring. That prompted Bashful and Goofy to dig theirs out too and it was fun to look through all of them again. Belle also found her autograph book which I wasn't sure she'd want to bring again but she does so that is cool. We threw a sweatshirt or two in the suitcase just to have for when the AC gets too cold. I remember that happening to me before and I'd rather have one than be frozen. Packing is relatively easy though when it is going to be so hot. Lots of shorts, Ts and tanks.

I found a shirt design on the Creative board here on the DIS that was cute and birthday themed. I posted to the Designer to see if she could tweak the text so I can have a matching one for myself. If it works I'll be sure to share.

Let's see what else?? I ordered her some water sneakers on Lands End. They were marked down to $14 I think but being the procrastinator I ended paying more than that for expedited shipping. :sad2: Oh well. They should work for DC as well as for just general park touring in the rain.

Speaking of rain I thought I was going to be so good about not obsessing over weather. Until Bill showed up. :scared1: Grrrrr. I have been reading threads on the DIS as well as hanging out at various weather sites monitoring this. The good news is it is not heading to FL at all, turning north. So when that happened I was happy! Then I noticed that there were some models bringing it closer to the East Coast over the weekend. We are flying out of Boston on Sunday morning! Aaauuugghhh! Are you kidding me?:confused3 Now it seems like most of the models have it turning away before it gets near (I just checked at the 11pm update) so I am going to try and relax. But earlier tonight I was trying to price out what it would cost for us to try and fly out Saturay night and just stay somewhere else for one night. I also emailed my favorite weatherman, Pete Bouchard (you MA folks know him? I love him!), and asked his thoughts. I know I'll hear from him soon. I always write him with my pressing weather questions and he writes back, nice guy.

So 5 days, packing is underway, pins are ready, Mousekeeping tip envelopes are filled, I do need to withdraw some cash to have on hand. Oh and the other development is Grumpy is thinking of driving us in on Sunday morning! His idea, not mine. Honestly, I'm shocked! LOL!

Allyson
:surfweb:
[/FONT]

I am soooo glad I made it back to give you a proper send off!!! We just returned from two weeks --crazy -- but had a great deal of fun! I look forward to these final FIVE days of posting and notes about packing, weather, anxiety, excitement, OHHHHHHHH the list goes on!!! :goodvibes

I have done that -- bought something on uber clearance and paid heavy shipping... it ALL evens out in the end :rolleyes1

The Bahamas in January MUST have been nice! :thumbsup2

I am soooo glad I made it back to give you a proper send off!!! We just returned from two weeks --crazy -- but had a great deal of fun! I look forward to these final FIVE days of posting and notes about packing, weather, anxiety, excitement, OHHHHHHHH the list goes on!!! :goodvibes

I have done that -- bought something on uber clearance and paid heavy shipping... it ALL evens out in the end :rolleyes1

The Bahamas in January MUST have been nice! :thumbsup2

The Bahamas in January was cloudy! Yes it was. It was warm but cloudy. It did not deter us though. We had fun snorkeling, the boys Scuba'd (is that a word?), I got a massage and there was much card playing and drink tasting. A perk of an all inclusive, you are more apt to try that funky drink you aren't sure you will like! I'll post pics soon, Sandals is a beautiful resort!

And thank you for the send off, we are really close now! 3 days!!!!

Uno, dos, tres! TRES! Yes it is Thursday night and we leave Sunday morning! So what is new?

*Packing is continuing. I have started ironing some items and organizing my suitcase better. Doing laundry to get some items Belle wants that she wore this week.

*Made our Ts, well they are tanks, today. We opted to not go with the birthday design and went with Mickey Heads we found instead. Hers is a sort of pastely multi colored swirly Mickey Head, mine was a more muted floral pattern. I'll have to show you later. Hers came out better. I am still not that proficient at making the Ts.

*Printed off all confirmations, for ADRs, airfare, the room, the online check in (I did this, I'll let you know how it goes!), and our email that gets us into the Mickey Moms Club Illuminations party. All are safely ensconced in my Baggalini. I never did end up getting a new bag. I love my Baggalini too much. :lovestruc

*Bought some supplies to give Belle and I, and Bashful too, pedicures tomorrow. We need cute tootsies for vacation!

*One more day of work. I work from home which is nice but it is still work. I can't wait till tomorrow around noon to pop on that Out of Office message! Ahhhhhh!

On the Hurricane Bill front, it is looking okay. I don't think our flight will be affected, I think we'll be good to go. We are being picked up at 6:30 by the company we always use in a towncar. Hopefully Frank will be our driver again. We've had him a few times and we like him.:thumbsup2

Our first day is being spent checking in and heading to Epcot. No ADRs,we'll play it by ear. Belle's list of must do's, or try to do's since we aren't getting there till mid afternoon are:

Soarin'
Test Track
Spaceship Earth

That's it, anything else is gravy. My girl loves the Golf Ball. She loves the updates where you can see yourself at the end. Last time she rode with her sister and somehow they made themselves from Buenos Aires. She still laughs about that.

I would love to see Miyuki again if it works out but we'll see. I am really, really trying to maintain an attitude of "it's her trip" for this. I want it to be what she wants it to be and let her decide where to go and see. She doesn't have a huge interest in World Showcase and I just have to be okay with that! Though I can't imagine why she doesn't want to poke around each country.:confused3

Monday is Discovery Cove day and I think the day we are both most excited about! I love that it is something new and different. She loves that she'll get to be thisclose to a dolphin! :woohoo: At night we plan to hit DTD if not too tired. She has a short list of gifts she wants to buy for a couple of friends and the girls across the street. She "mother's helper"ed for the first time this summer for the almost 3 year old across the street. The little girl adores her and it is just too cute. Her birthday is September 1st and Belle wants to get her something special. We have not been in World of Disney before but I am guessing we can find something there. And I'd like to hit the Lego store and get something cool for Goofy, he LOVES Legos. And for sure Belle wants to hit Goofy's Candy Co and make some sort of gooey, sugary treat!:thumbsup2

Tuesday is AK and Belle's list is:

EE
Dinosaur
Primevil Whirl

I think she'd like to see FOTLK again and do the walking trails. Probably Safari too but she has not mentioned it specifically.

At night we have our dinner at 1900 Park Faire (with her cake, SHHHHH!) and after hope to mosey over to MK for our first view of the Castle and a little happy tear I am sure.

Well I'll be back soon with the rest of our week's must do's!

So I am in bed, lights are out, it is almost 11:30pm, I think I can call it 5 days till Disney!

Today Belle and I got an underwater throw away camera for DC. In the past I have never been thrilled with any underwater shots I've taken but figured she'd probably enjoy taking some anyway so why not. They usually end up as a blur of blue with a colorful splash that if you squint and stand on one foot you might be able to tell it was some sort of fish going by. We also picked up a BandAid brand blister stick sort of thing, kind of like a stick you rub on your feet to prevent blisters. Worth a shot. And we got two white tanks to use for our T-shirt making. I think that was it for our shopping today.

The camera sounds like a great idea, I'm sure she will love taking pics with it!!

We came home and got out the suitcases and started packing. I packed most of our toiletries. I had her go through her pins and figure out which she wanted to bring. That prompted Bashful and Goofy to dig theirs out too and it was fun to look through all of them again. Belle also found her autograph book which I wasn't sure she'd want to bring again but she does so that is cool. We threw a sweatshirt or two in the suitcase just to have for when the AC gets too cold. I remember that happening to me before and I'd rather have one than be frozen. Packing is relatively easy though when it is going to be so hot. Lots of shorts, Ts and tanks.

Love packing this time of year, lots of little things...but somehow in my suitcase, I still take up the whole thing cause I think I can take more little things....they pile up!! LOL!!;) How cute that Belle's taking her autograph book....sometimes they are always little!!:cutie:
I found a shirt design on the Creative board here on the DIS that was cute and birthday themed. I posted to the Designer to see if she could tweak the text so I can have a matching one for myself. If it works I'll be sure to share.

Oh, cute! I hope it works out so we get to see it!!!

Let's see what else?? I ordered her some water sneakers on Lands End. They were marked down to $14 I think but being the procrastinator I ended paying more than that for expedited shipping. :sad2: Oh well. They should work for DC as well as for just general park touring in the rain.

Speaking of rain I thought I was going to be so good about not obsessing over weather. Until Bill showed up. :scared1: Grrrrr. I have been reading threads on the DIS as well as hanging out at various weather sites monitoring this. The good news is it is not heading to FL at all, turning north. So when that happened I was happy! Then I noticed that there were some models bringing it closer to the East Coast over the weekend. We are flying out of Boston on Sunday morning! Aaauuugghhh! Are you kidding me?:confused3 Now it seems like most of the models have it turning away before it gets near (I just checked at the 11pm update) so I am going to try and relax. But earlier tonight I was trying to price out what it would cost for us to try and fly out Saturay night and just stay somewhere else for one night. I also emailed my favorite weatherman, Pete Bouchard (you MA folks know him? I love him!), and asked his thoughts. I know I'll hear from him soon. I always write him with my pressing weather questions and he writes back, nice guy.

I'm praying the rain steers clear and you can get out okay. Last I heard it seemed like it was going to miss us? But that was yesterday...so I'm sure it's changed?:confused3 Can you really email Pete Bouchard?!! How cool is that? I didn't know that....

So 5 days, packing is underway, pins are ready, Mousekeeping tip envelopes are filled, I do need to withdraw some cash to have on hand. Oh and the other development is Grumpy is thinking of driving us in on Sunday morning! His idea, not mine. Honestly, I'm shocked! LOL!

You are in good shape!!!:thumbsup2 Just a couple more days now...I can't believe it's FINALLY this weekend!?! Time flies.......

Allyson
:surfweb:
[/FONT]

Good luck with the rest of your getting ready!! And if for some reason I dont get on DIS boards before you go...have a WONDERFUL time, safe travels, say Hi to Mickey for me and I can't wait to hear all about it when you get home!!!!:goodvibes

2 days!! And a few short hours til you activate that out of office! :woohoo:

Glad 'ole Hurricane Bill doesn't look like it'll be a problem. I take it Grumpy changed his mind on taking you to the airport? ;) I think taking a car service is a great way to go!

Your plans sound great and it looks like you're pretty well organized with your lists, confirmations, t-shirts etc.

LOVE the "it's her trip" philosophy. This is a trip she's never going to forget. I have a feeling you're going to have a pretty great time too! :goodvibes

Just in case I miss you today and tomorrow, hope you have an amazing trip!! Can't wait to hear all about it! :goodvibes

Leaving tomorrow, as in tomorrow, like in the morning! One more sleep! Time to go! AHHHHHH!

I had my moment earlier that always happens before a trip. The nervous, should I be doing this, do I want to fly (not a huge flying fan), do I want to leave half my family behind, is this a good idea moment. I beat it down pretty quickly. I still am not a fan of flying but I really do want to have this trip with Belle. I know it is a blessing to be doing this, I am thankful that Grumpy supports my harebrained ideas. I am thankful that Bashful and Goofy wished us great trips tonight and aren't feeling slighted or unloved. They both understand that in this house "12" is the Magical birthday and Bashful will be there just 2 years from October. She is already plotting what she'd like to do on her trip, Harry Potter here we come!

Anyway funk over it was a busy day. Grocery shopping for the boys, getting money organized, reconfirming our airport ride, laundry, ironing, packing. Then we had a marathon pedicure/manicure session and Belle and I are each sporting Mickey Heads on our nails. Bashful asked if I could do a Mema Head on hers (she is spending much of the week with my MIL, Mema as they call her). Only Bashful. I told her I could not.

Now the kids are in bed, I am getting ready to turn the laptop off, go take a shower and hit the hay.

Thanks for reading along so far, I do hope you'll stick around for the actual TR. I promise to have lots of pictures, hopefully some fun stories and I *WILL* finish this one in a timely manner, unlike the last solo trip one. :rolleyes1

See you next week DIS friends!

Oh Allyson! I can't believe you go tomorrow!!! :cloud9: It came so fast!! I hope this week is a wonderful, memorable time for you and Belle....I hope you have many magical moments and I can't wait to hear all about it when you get home! :wizard:

I completely understand the "what ifs" you had going on this morning, that happens to me anytime I leave my family (even for a night!) but you have the right attitude and it sounds like everyone is excited to be doing what they are doing this week! So no worries!!

Safe travels and say hi to Mickey for me!!!!:goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter