• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I've read the writing on the wall, and its not a great big beautiful tomorrow

I read several of your posts and they are very informative, thank you. Your experiences and touring tips really helped us on our last trip.

Just curious, why do you ask for other people to furnish proof of their experiences?

It really isn't a matter of asking for proof. If someone says they did something I'm likely to believe them unless what they are saying seems unusual or hard to believe.

In this case, the poster said he/she rode 7DMT 6 times in about 45 minutes using a FP each time. Knowing that 7DMT FPs are often hard to get, there are many reports from people who have said they are unable to get one for the day they want even 30 days out, and they usually are not available same day, it seems reasonable to ask how someone was able to get that many FPs. If it's something that other people could take advantage of, that would be good to know. If it's a result of an unusual circumstance, like someone receiving a lot of special FPs as compensation for some customer service issue, that would also help people to know that they are probably not going to be able to replicate that experience.

It really isn't a matter of asking for proof. If someone says they did something I'm likely to believe them unless what they are saying seems unusual or hard to believe.

In this case, the poster said he/she rode 7DMT 6 times in about 45 minutes using a FP each time. Knowing that 7DMT FPs are often hard to get, there are many reports from people who have said they are unable to get one for the day they want even 30 days out, and they usually are not available same day, it seems reasonable to ask how someone was able to get that many FPs. If it's something that other people could take advantage of, that would be good to know. If it's a result of an unusual circumstance, like someone receiving a lot of special FPs as compensation for some customer service issue, that would also help people to know that they are probably not going to be able to replicate that experience.

I would be interested in being privy to that particular advice as well. In fact, I'm pretty sure you could charge a fee for that "tip".

In this case, the poster said he/she rode 7DMT 6 times in about 45 minutes using a FP each time.
Actually I said I was walking down the FP lane. I didn't specify what I used ;)

IMO It sems like an awful lot of work for one 3 minute ride. Half of the time when I read what people do to get extra FP+'s, I wonder if it's really worth it.

Technically it's a 2 minute ride, lol.

There are several ways to do what I did as suggested by others, the VIP guide is clearly the easiest but most pricey route. It would be better money spent to hire one and stay at a mod or value as opposed to staying at a deluxe. Using bands from other travelers not wanting to ride, scoring extra FP's using various means, there are probably a dozen ways to do it.

I've never seen a same day FP for 7DMT, so a traditional scamband isn't going to be helpful for that.

While I understand the frustration, I think FP+ has made the wait for FP longer than the ticket system did, if Disney didn't give perks to onsite guests, what reason would there be to pay the high price to stay onsite? Their hotels aren't super luxurious and the crowded buses with five stops and someone's butt in your face aren't worth the extra money compared to staying at a really upscale off site hotel for the same price or less if all Disney gave its guests were tiny bathrooms where the door hits the toilet and an overtaxed transportation system. A head start on FP and ADR is good incentive to stay onsite.

I have managed to ride Soarin 3 times in a row with no wait. Rope drop and walk on, have a FP for shortly after that, or later in the day, and then circle back to walk on right after first ride.

I could have walked on 7DMT by rope dropping and going straight there, but younhave to seriously rope drop and be near the front of the crowd. 8:55 isn't going to cut it.

I'm sure a lot of people saw it- it was posted on the wrong thread and I did it not once, but twice! Silly me, perfection is not my strong suit I'm afraid.

That's what I get for posting from my phone! lol

Yea these boards aren't so great for posting with smartphones. I mean, sometimes it works okay, and sometimes I keep fighting with quotes and smilies and my cursor starting in the wrong spot. But I'm too lazy to get out my laptop lol.

Yea these boards aren't so great for posting with smartphones. I mean, sometimes it works okay, and sometimes I keep fighting with quotes and smilies and my cursor starting in the wrong spot. But I'm too lazy to get out my laptop lol.

You'd think I'd learn but here I am still using my phone!

All those times I was whizzing through those fast pass lines, I'd always look at the long stand by queues and wonder why those people weren't doing fast pass. I realized after going with my friends that a lot of people were clueless about it. I bet those people were giving feedback to Disney about how unfair it was they were paying so much money and were waiting in long lines all day and not getting on everything. I remember hearing people getting very upset at RnRc about the fast pass people pouring in front of them. I had to laugh because they seemed so ignorant about the system. But they did not think it was funny at all. Im sure they were leaving and saying never again!

\QUOTE]

(Sarcasm alert) Yeah, it was so unfair, because FP was such a closely guarded state secret. You had to know the 12-digit code, the 15-digit password, and the secret handshake. You had to get past all the burly guards and attack dogs protecting the mysterious underground location of the FP machines, not to mention the high tech security system, and, and...

Well...I didn't like fp when we were there in Sept/Oct and I like it even less now. Clearly it doesn't work for us at all. We're going end of next week. I've read the posts of the few staunch fp+ supporters and I held out hope that perhaps what we experienced was an anomaly. For this trip it is actually worse(albeit some of it self imposed because of changes).
For those of you who read the saga of our friends on and off plans suffice to say they aren't coming. Prob a good thing at this point because I don't want to have to hire a Florida attorney to defend me when I commit murder(kidding :) )
Because of the their changes dh and I decided to make changes to suit ourselves better (our entire trip was booked around newbies)
I expected 7dmt to be difficult to rebook within the 30 day mark but I didn't expect near impossible. I say near because I have spent countless hours (and lost work hours) stalking until I was able to get 2 single solitary overlapping fp's at a time that works for us. Dh has been laughing at me because one would have thought I won the lottery.
Honestly what I didn't expect though was having trouble rebooking things like Buzz, which we now have rebooked but at a not so great time and this is still a week out.
We couldn't even get the character meet at Epcot as one of our 2nd tier fp's .
Based on this I took a glance around at our days at Disney which are now 7th,8th and 10th. I was amazed at how limited some things were. While some were easy to come by (Pirates), others were very limited in terms of time. While many were available at some point during the day, they wouldn't have worked for the hours we'd be in the parks.
Now I suppose if I were to stalk some of these secondary things I might get more luck but these were things pre fp+ that we never ever ever had more that short waits for in any pre fp+ trips.
Let me say this...for those of you who have been reading about fp+availability and haven't tried it yet, and you are not planning on long park days, do not assume that when you hear that you can wait until the last minute to book and still get most attractions that this is always the case. Matter of fact I would hazard a guess that if you are picky about times you will be unhappy with the results. Book your fp's as early as you can...and gawd forbid try to avoid making changes. Just because someone says they had "availability" on their days doesn't mean that there would be "availability " when you want it. If you are not fussy about times last minute might work for you, during this slower period "most" things were there, some more sporadic than others.

Well...I didn't like fp when we were there in Sept/Oct and I like it even less now. Clearly it doesn't work for us at all. We're going end of next week. I've read the posts of the few staunch fp+ supporters and I held out hope that perhaps what we experienced was an anomaly. For this trip it is actually worse(albeit some of it self imposed because of changes).
For those of you who read the saga of our friends on and off plans suffice to say they aren't coming. Prob a good thing at this point because I don't want to have to hire a Florida attorney to defend me when I commit murder(kidding :) )
Because of the their changes dh and I decided to make changes to suit ourselves better (our entire trip was booked around newbies)
I expected 7dmt to be difficult to rebook within the 30 day mark but I didn't expect near impossible. I say near because I have spent countless hours (and lost work hours) stalking until I was able to get 2 single solitary overlapping fp's at a time that works for us. Dh has been laughing at me because one would have thought I won the lottery.
Honestly what I didn't expect though was having trouble rebooking things like Buzz, which we now have rebooked but at a not so great time and this is still a week out.
We couldn't even get the character meet at Epcot as one of our 2nd tier fp's .
Based on this I took a glance around at our days at Disney which are now 7th,8th and 10th. I was amazed at how limited some things were. While some were easy to come by (Pirates), others were very limited in terms of time. While many were available at some point during the day, they wouldn't have worked for the hours we'd be in the parks.
Now I suppose if I were to stalk some of these secondary things I might get more luck but these were things pre fp+ that we never ever ever had more that short waits for in any pre fp+ trips.
Let me say this...for those of you who have been reading about fp+availability and haven't tried it yet, and you are not planning on long park days, do not assume that when you hear that you can wait until the last minute to book and still get most attractions that this is always the case. Matter of fact I would hazard a guess that if you are picky about times you will be unhappy with the results. Book your fp's as early as you can...and gawd forbid try to avoid making changes. Just because someone says they had "availability" on their days doesn't mean that there would be "availability " when you want it. If you are not fussy about times last minute might work for you, during this slower period "most" things were there, some more sporadic than others.
:worried:

I hear you. Going through many changes with WDW has been par for the course over the years- so it's not about merely disliking change. IMO, the fact that FP+ makes some offsiters feel like second class seems very un-Disneyesque in the grand scheme. Perceptions are everything, too. Legacy FP seemed to continue in the all-welcoming tradition of Walt Disney himself, no matter where you stayed. Sure, everyone knows Disney is a business, but until FP+ it didn't feel like a business being pushed in your face. Now, if you're offsite- unfortunately the business aspect is front and center with onsiters having the advantage at 60 days. And most of us know that there are a few strategies to try to work-around this hurdle; however, nothing can compare to how you used to be able to just walk into a park with just your ticket for admission and all FP's were open to everyone equally.

I absolutely agree. I too have been a long time visitor of WDW with my first trip in 2nd grade. I do feel that before FP+ anyone felt welcome whether they stay off or on property. While I love staying on property it often isn't financially feasible. As the parents of adults we prefer a house with room to spread out and a kitchen. We can get that at lower than the price of one night at All Star!!! I am heading down in 14 days and and I'm staying off property. I am an annual pass holder and still have to wait to book my FP+.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter