"I've got a WICKED magic hangover." Trip Report ***FINISHED 12/7***

julezdisney

Disney Obsessed
OK! I’m ready to start my TR. I’ve got photos uploaded, the Photopass pix are on their way, and I’ve got a ton of notes.

If you want to read the FULL introduction, click HERE for the PTR. Or click HERE for just MY intro.

The WHEN: Oct. 8th-14th 2008
The WHAT: Our first family vacation. As in, just us four! Nobody else.
The WHY: Because mom is Disney-obsessed. Because it’d been 2 years since the last vacation. Because we had a 4 day weekend, so why not?
The WHERE: The World, baby!
The WHO: Our little family.

me.jpg
I am Julia, 31, a medical assistant. Last vacation was in April of 2006 on my first trip to Disneyland w/DD and the in-laws. Many wonderful magical moments with that trip. Many wishes of do-overs and things we would do differently that I hoped to rectify w/this trip. For example, we didn’t see Fantasmic. We saw no shows. We saw few characters. We did no in-resort or character dining. Did we do these things on this trip?

WLQTW-DaddyDaughter07.jpg
DH. Jim, 28, a cable installation tech. Last vacation was in Florida to Sanibel/Captiva w/DS and in-laws. They skipped our Disney vaca to do the Florida one. We couldn’t do Florida because I had just graduated school and was setting out on my job hunt as soon as I got back. Has been to WDW just once before- back when there was just MK and Epcot. His P’s believe in hitting the big attractions, eating outside the parks, and staying off-site. He wasn’t very excited about this trip. So…. Did he have fun? Does he want to come back ever again? Did he “catch the magic?”

DD. Rae (Rachael). 5. Disneyland vet. 1st visit to WDW. Lover of all things princesses, Hannah Montana, and HSM. Very excited to introduce big brother to the wonders of Disney and to find out if Tigger, Eeyore, and Pooh remembered her. Also if Minnie remembered her as well. So….did she see those characters? Did Minnie remember Miss Rachael?

ebrayaug07.jpg

DS. Ebin. 6. SOOOOOOOOO excited for this first Disney experience. Really wanted to see L! M! A!. Ride Rock’n’RollerCoaster. Ride Tower-of-Terror. Meet Mickey & Minnie. Watched all my geek-y Disney shows with me before we left. The DVC dvd. The History Channel’s “Modern Marvels:Disney World”. The Travel Channel’s Sam Brown specials. All of ‘em. I had a feeling that of all the family, DS would be the one to catch my Disney spirit the most. Did he see L!M!A!, did he meet those characters? Ride those rides? Cry during anything?

For the answers to these, and many more questions:

(the links will become active as I write the chapters)

Chapter 1: Oct. 8th- Ready to Go?
Chapter 2: Oct 9th- Arrival Day!!
Chapter 2: Oct 9th- Arrival Day!! CONT'D
Chapter 3: Oct. 10th- Part I: 1900 Park Fare
Chapter 3: Oct. 10th- Part I: 1900 Park Fare ~ CONT'D
Chapter 3: Oct. 10th- Part I: 1900 Park Fare ~ CONT'D 2
Chapter 4: Oct. 10th- Part II: MNSSHP!
Chapter 4: Oct. 10th- Part II: MNSSHP! CONT'D
Chapter 5: Oct. 11th- Part I: SHOOOOOOOOPPPPPIIIINNNNNGGG!
Chapter 6: Oct. 11th- Part II: Arabian Nights…..like Arabian Days?
Chapter 7: Oct. 11th- Part III: Under the Boardwalk… we’ll be havin’ some fun….

Chapter 8: Oct. 12th- Part I: Well, that’s some Toy Story Mania!
Chapter 9: Oct. 12th- Part II: Keep or Skip those ADR’s?
Chptr 10: Oct. 12th- Part III: The perfect end to a fantasmic trip.
Chptr 11: Oct. 13th- “I wish we could live here forever.”
SOUVIES
PHOTOPASS
FINAL THOUGHTS
http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=28897778&postcount=149

Well, hello there! :wave:

I can't believe I'm first! :woohoo: I'm glad you started your report, and I can't wait to hear all about it! :goodvibes

Carry on...popcorn::

Sara

I'm here! And so excitedddd to read more I know you're busy but hurry up woman!!:laughing: :goodvibes :cool1:

Well, hello there! :wave:

I can't believe I'm first! :woohoo: I'm glad you started your report, and I can't wait to hear all about it! :goodvibes

Carry on...popcorn::

Sara

Sara! My one DIS-friend that I almost met! Can't wait to get to that part of the report! :cutie:

Can't wait for more. Need that Disney fix! Your family sounds lovely!

And LOVE chapter links!

popcorn::

Why thank you! :welcome:

I'm looking forward to reading your report. Bring it on.

I can't wait to re-live it, maybe by the time I'm done, I'll be ready to start planning another one in ernest?! :lmao:

I'm here! And so excitedddd to read more I know you're busy but hurry up woman!!:laughing: :goodvibes :cool1:

I'm tryin' I'm tryin'!!! :yay:

I am in...I was a lurker for your PTR so thought I would come out of hiding and show myself!! I am excited to hear your first take on the world...:cool1:

popcorn:: subscribing popcorn::

:welcome:

My Friday night treat!!! Hurray!

Love the title by the way! It is "wicked cool" :rotfl: !

You would've had a bigger treat, but DH used the computer for homework and lost an ENTIRE ENTRY! ARGH!

I am in...I was a lurker for your PTR so thought I would come out of hiding and show myself!! I am excited to hear your first take on the world...:cool1:

Hi! :wave2: and :welcome:

Yay! Love seeing so many familiar faces! :goodvibes

Hi Julia. I've seen you on Sara and Michelle's reports so I thought I'd pop over and check your's out.:)

Ok, so I had written a long entry for Chapter 1 and lovely DH lost it. :headache:

So I'll have to sum it up cuz I have a lot to do today and want to keep this moving to get to Chapter 2 later- which is with pictures and the real story telling begins.

I got off work on Wed., Oct. 8th at 4. A lovely co-worker let me go an hour early and took care of the remaining patient on the schedule for me. :banana: I was able to get the last minute items packed, the food ready, and the floors vacuumed. The kids rooms straightened up as well.

DH got home from work about 5 and immediately began packing what he deemed the most important- the electronics! :snooty: 2 laptops, the DS, the PSP, phones & chargers, etc., etc....

The kids arrived during this time via DS's mom (he's actually my step-son, and they keep DD after school most days until we get home-- yes, we all get along... it took years... another thread entirely...:sad2: ). They were WIIIIRED! :jumping1: Holy smokes were they excited.

By the time we coralled everyone into the car and turned off the lights and locked the doors, it was 5:50pm. :drive:

The kids were very good on the ride. We had my parent's Town & Country so it was a comfortable ride w/DVD player :happytv: as well as all our electronics from home. DH and I took turns while the other slept. We stopped for restroom breaks and gas. Ate food packed in the car.

After :car: 1,249 miles, we arrived to Kissimmee at around 2:30CST, which is 3:30 in Disney Time. Stay tuned for Chapter 2! :goodvibes

I am just amazed that you were able to make that long drive (almost three times the length of our ride down to Orlando) in one go! I would have been screaming by the end of it! :scared:

Wow Julia! That is some drive! We drove it from Virginia in November and it was about 12 hours (supposed to be 11, but we hit some traffic) but I think if we did it again, we would attempt the through the night thing! It would be nice to save the money from airfare (plus I hate to fly :scared1: ), so it would suit me! Shawn....not so much.:sad2: But he could get over it, right? He would probably tell me "you drive with the kids, and I'll meet you!" And then jump on a plane! :rolleyes1

He sounds a lot like your DH - electronics, electronics, electronics...

Can't wait to hear about your first "real" day at Disney World! :dance3:

Sara

Yayyy a chapter! Kudos to making that long of a drive in one shot but what i think is even more impressive is that the kids lasted that long! I know they were sleeping and stuff but still, thats a long drive for them too. Looking forward to more :goodvibes

I hate that drive. We are in Indiana so I know how long it can take for that ride. We usually fly because of the timing...but if prices keep going up I can forsee a time when we will be driving again.

Electronics....must be a man thing..:rotfl: My DH is the same way...PSP, DS for DS, DVD, phones, chargers and of course the lap top....and that is just for a couple hour drive....I have been banned from taking "my" laptop with me since he is not going....he asked me to leave it at home for him so he is not as he puts it.."tied to the desktop."

I an excited to read chapter 2 and see your pics of the world.!!:banana: :banana: :banana:

Yuck. I thought our 16 hour drive was bad. We also drive all night, and it works well for us, and we usually don't get lost until we get to Orlando. One of these days we'll figure it out! Looking forward to hearing more, and seeing some pictures.:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter