I've cracked my coccyx

jen_uk

<font color=6666cc>Eurovision Nut !!<font color=33
I was walking down the stairs of a Harvester yesterday and I slipped and fell and landed on the concrete right on my coccyx :headache: The pain was even worse today so I just went to my local walk in centre and they said I have cracked my coccyx. :guilty: The pain is unbelievable, I can't sit down or bend over. The hospital said that there is nothing they can do and it has to heal on its own which can take weeks or months, they have given me strong painkillers which will hopefully help the pain.

We are off to WDW in 8 weeks, I hope its better by then :sad1:

ouch that sounds painful, hope it gets better quickly for you Jen :hug:

Ouch!! I wish you a speedy recovery. :hug:

A big Ouch ,
I know how painful the Coccyx can be when you have problems with it.:eek:

hope you feel better soon :hug:

Get yourself an inflatable ring like the kids use in a pool and sit on that. We have a number of people in our family and amongst our friends that cracked or broke their Coccyx and that was the only way they could sit. I hope that the pain killers work and that the healing process will be quick.

Corinna

Ouch! Hope you manage to heal quickly. It's making me wince just thinking about the pain you're in. Wish you better, Jen.

Have you tried sitting on a inflatable rubber ring?

A big Ouch ,
I know how painful the Coccyx can be when you have problems with it.:eek:

hope you feel better soon :hug:

Same here.
I smashed mine pretty bad when I was a little girl (about 8, I think), and although I have no memory of it, my Mum says it was pretty bad and I was in bed for all of the summer holidays.

Get yourself an inflatable ring like the kids use in a pool and sit on that. We have a number of people in our family and amongst our friends that cracked or broke their Coccyx and that was the only way they could sit. I hope that the pain killers work and that the healing process will be quick.

Corinna

Think Corinna posted as I was typing......:lmao:
Great minds.....:thumbsup2

Oh no Jen, that sounds so painful :hug: I hope it gets better long before your holiday :thumbsup2

Jen, sending you hugs. :grouphug:

I wish there was an emote for healing dust! Sorry your in pain.

Sarah X

You poor thing. It sounds so painful. Hope you have a quick recovery. :hug:

Awww, you poor thing!!! Sounds really horrible, Jen. :sad2: Fingers crossed it heals asap and doesn't interfere with your WDW plans... :hug: :hug: :hug:

Ouch that sounds so painful, I hope the pain killers work and it heals quickly :hug:

Aww Jen,i feel for you i really do :hug:.Although i have'nt been thru it myself,i have seen my Mum go thru it.She ended up staying with me,my nan+grandad as she could'nt do anything for herself.She fell whislt standing on a chair into a narrow gap-i have never heard my Mum scream like that before :sad2:.I agree with a few other disser's,about an inflatable ring-the hospital recommended this to my Mum,i wish you a speedy recovery+take things easy :hug::wizard:.x.

I feel sorry for you - your description of the fall made me feel queasy, it must have been really painful. When I had coccyx pain during my pregnancies, I sat on a gymball/exericise ball thingy. I got one from Argos for about £12 - apparently it helps your posture too because it tilts your pelvis forward when you sit. Might be worth a try.

Isn't tennisfan (Nikki) a physio? She would be able to give you good advice.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter