I've cracked my coccyx

Oh dear Jen! Sounds very painful indeed :sad1: Hope you have a speedy recovery and that for now, the painkillers work for you! :hug:

I'm so sorry to hear this Jen, I did the same many years ago when I slipped down the stairs at home and landed down on my coccyx. I had a long thin bruise come up right across my bum and boy was it painful. The others have given some good advice but even when the initial pain has gone it will be sore and uncomfortable to sit on hard surfaces for a very, very long time so keep that in mind.

It could be worth making sure you have pain killers for the flight (sitting down for that long might aggravate it) and also take something soft to sit on - you can use it on the plane and also for hard seating at shows in WDW (like Fantasmic etc.,)

Take care :hug:

i have had that problem for years
i have had those cortizone injections which helped
i also take those blow up neck supports to sit on the plane and also sit on them at the parks
very economical and space saving too i take about 5 with me just incase they break
take lots of painkillers (i take padadol) but each to their own
have a lovely time and don't worry
love
Mandy
xxx

oh hun I am sorry, that is awful, just make sure you take lots of rest and make Alex do all the housework!
fingers crossed for you that you're feeling better soon
xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Well I had a risk assessment at work today and they have ordered me a doughnut cushion which hopefully won't take too long to get. The painkillers are helping, I can sit down if I lean forward but I can't sit for more then 30 mins without seizing up and then needing help to stand up, that will be fun in 8 weeks when I'm on the flight! :rolleyes:

Well I had a risk assessment at work today and they have ordered me a doughnut cushion which hopefully won't take too long to get. The painkillers are helping, I can sit down if I lean forward but I can't sit for more then 30 mins without seizing up and then needing help to stand up, that will be fun in 8 weeks when I'm on the flight! :rolleyes:

Thats the name of it,i was trying to think of it.Glad you will be getting one,that helped my Mum.
Hopefully it will feel much better by the time you fly :wizard:.x.

Ouch! Oh my goodness that sounds so painful, I hope you recover soon x

So sorry to hear this, hope you make a speedy recovery. I know it is a broken bone but the skin around it may be bruised so deep heat and deep freeze may help with the muscles.:hug:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!