• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

"It's Time for the MONORAIL PUB CRAWL!" April 2013 Trip Report**COMPLETE 7/14

I'm joining! Emme is adorable and you guys look like you had a lot of fun together.

We're actually going to be there from July 4 - 14. We'll probably cross paths at some point. ;)
Thanks for joining in! If you see me say hi! We had an awesome time, hopefully i will get to see her a couple more times this year.
That brownie looked good. I should have tried it while I was there.
I have to try that margarita bar.
Nice pics.
Yes you do need to try the margarita bar! There are nice seats in there and it is a nice place to cool down.
I have a lot of catching up to do but I am here! ::wave::
Yay, thanks for joining!!!
Ack, I'm falling behind.

I love when the monorail passes overhead like that and I always have to take a photo.

I realized on my trip last month how much I missed the Flower and Garden topiaries (and the flowers in general) when I was there in October. They're just so amazing.

I always wanted to capture the fireworks with the stream like that, but alas I don't think my point and shoot is up to the task. I love your shots.

They are amazing! I haven't been for this festival since 2008 and then I wasn't disney obsessed. I really liked attending the event especially with the food! Thanks for the comment about my pictures. I am still learning but am having fun practicing at Disney

Hooray for another trip! I haven't been in July, but I have been in August and it was HOT!! The week before we left we had a heat wave at home where it was in the high 90s most of the week, so at least we were prepared for when we got there. It did rain often, almost every day of our 10 day trip. It never lasted very long, except for on our very first night, and while it was super humid, it did help with the heat.

That topiary is ridiculous! Lol, I can't keep anything alive very long, so I couldn't justify ever spending that kind of money on something that I know I would kill at some point.

Can't wait to hear more about your trip!

Oh my goodness, Aurora's new dress is beautiful! It looks so light and flowy! Such an improvement.

Good to know about Les Halles! Yum!!! :thumbsup2

I had like three separate sentences talking about all the different pictures that I liked, so let me just say it once. Your pictures are so great! :laughing:

I LOVE your Illuminations photos! You really have skills! :worship:

Your Panama Beach trip photos are great. It looks like it was a nice relaxing trip.

How EXCITING for a July Dis World trip! :banana: I hope December works out as well. I'll email you something for those plans. :)

All the food, drink, and characters in this 1 day! You certainly made the most of it. :thumbsup2

Soo.. i have a funny story to tell!

Seven weeks ago, on one of the daily disney instagram pictures the prompt was #castmember. So I posted a picture of our awesome skipper from Jungle Cruise, Evan. I tagged it #junglecruiseskipper.

Today I got this message on the picture from someone and it tagged someone else and said awesome.

So I clicked on that person's name and it was Skipper Evan! Hahah! Someone recognized him from my picture and tagged him!

Next thing I know Jungle Cruise Skipper Evan was commenting on my photo and said that was him. I told him he was the best skipper ever and asked if he still worked on the jungle cruise?

He wrote back that he got fired from that place!! Haha, I can't believe he got fired, he was so funny! I felt bad then.

Corey and I were wondering why he got fired! He had some pretty bad pictures on his account so maybe that had something to do with it. haha!

Anyways , I thought this was funny so I thought I would share!

Whoops! I didn't realize your last thread (your Vinylmation TR) was already closed, so I typed up comments and couldn't post 'em. Gonna post them here! I've had this TR bookmarked for quite some time, so I will definitely catch up at one point!

Love all that DTD merchandise! Even though I probably wouldn't purchase a lot of it either, it's still so much fun to see what they offer. I always want to get one of those Disney scarves, but I don't think I can pull off one of those thinner scarves in warmer weather.

I've never been to Dstreet because it's just so far away from where we usually are. I heard that it was a lot smaller than expected. My cousins walked all the way there just to trade, and during our recent December trip, my husband went there too when I was resting in the room due to being sick. It's nice knowing that they will have the trade box there even though the ones in the parks aren't as common as they used to be.

Even though you were upset that you got Flik, it is really awesome to know that you still have a Vinylmation to trade on your next trip! When we get too many good ones, Howard has to decide which ones to trade since his goal is to get more Star Wars or Pixar ones. Oh wait, I just saw that you were able to trade Flik already ... yay!

How nice that you shared your Oreo Bon Bons with the CMs! I'd hate to waste the food too, and it must've been a nice treat for them!

Once Emme saw the playground it was no turning back!

This made me laugh, we had to make a stop at that playground too! Unfortunately they had the slide closed ::shrug:: which made DS very angry.

I love the I true of the guy in the Christmas tree outfit!

Was the pomegranate margarita worth it? I love the pomegranate lemonade they serve at a lot of restaurants maybe I need to try the margarita next year.

Have you has the raspberry piña colada? How does it compare?

I am finally caught up! I can't wait to read more!

After Illuminations it was my turn to ride Test Track! It was PM EMH so we were now in the EMH.

I loved the lights on the topiaries!

Emme wanted her picture taken in Canada.

Then we saw the Oz sign with the Epcot ball in the background

Then we saw a gorgeous photo spot! Patty took a really pretty picture during her last trip and we looked all over the try to find the spot but she didn't remember. We thought this might have been it?

The line for Test Track was crazy long so I just went in the single rider line. I haven't done the design process for Test Track yet because you don't get to do the full design with fast pass or single rider.

Patty and Emme waited for me then we had one last ride to do: Spaceship Earth. It was a new one for them.

I want to get this spot photographed so bad but it is so hard because it is so dark. It never comes out.

Emmes picture was so funny. She loved that her face was on the screen. It was so funny. She was wearing her headphones.

Then we walked out of the park! Bye bye Epcot! Such a fun day. It was the most I ever drank at Epcot! lol

I asked the PP photographer for a picture.

Then Patty and I got one. It is blurry :( but would have been the cutest picture ever if it wasn't blurry!

Edit: Totally forgot the end of my story!!!

This is probably the grossest thing to ever happen to me.

We were in the line at the bus stop just waiting and all of a sudden Patty and I both felt this surge of wetness on the back of our legs. Hmmm, what could be?? Did someone have a sprayer that they were spraying???

NO!!! It was a kid who just sneezed all over us!!!!! Seriously, we were not right next to him. He sneezed so big that he got our legs wet. OMG we were horrified and disgusted. I immediately started rubbing my legs on the bars because I didn't know what else to do. I mean seriously?? I understand that stuff happens but it was so loud and we were noticeable bothered, couldn't the parent have said sorry?? NO they just stood there. Then I saw the same kid pick his nose. Gross!!! don't they pay attention??

Then on the bus the mom was carrying the kid, and he was probably like 9 years old so he was big, and he fell asleep in her arms and kicked Emme in the head while she was standing. No apology once again.

I don't mean to be a brat but that is just gross and rude!!! We were so disturbed and washed our legs as soon we got home.

But, of course we met another rude man.

On the bus they stopped at a outside stop first (we had to wait for the main bus stop). We knew people would have to be let out so Patty stepped aside in the crevice of the wheelchair that was there. As soon as she did that an old man yelled, "That isn't the smartest place to be standing!!" We didn't know he had to get off of that stop, we were just trying to get out of the way so other people could get off. He wasn't a very friendly man!

Sorry rant over :)

Hooray for another trip! I haven't been in July, but I have been in August and it was HOT!! The week before we left we had a heat wave at home where it was in the high 90s most of the week, so at least we were prepared for when we got there. It did rain often, almost every day of our 10 day trip. It never lasted very long, except for on our very first night, and while it was super humid, it did help with the heat.

That topiary is ridiculous! Lol, I can't keep anything alive very long, so I couldn't justify ever spending that kind of money on something that I know I would kill at some point.

Can't wait to hear more about your trip!
I can't keep anything alive either! I don't mind a little rain for our trip I just hope it doesn't rain for multiple hours.

Oh my goodness, Aurora's new dress is beautiful! It looks so light and flowy! Such an improvement.

Good to know about Les Halles! Yum!!! :thumbsup2

I had like three separate sentences talking about all the different pictures that I liked, so let me just say it once. Your pictures are so great! :laughing:
It is sooo beautiful! I agree. Thanks so much. Have a great trip! Can't wait for your trip report.
I LOVE your Illuminations photos! You really have skills! :worship:

Your Panama Beach trip photos are great. It looks like it was a nice relaxing trip.

How EXCITING for a July Dis World trip! :banana: I hope December works out as well. I'll email you something for those plans. :)

All the food, drink, and characters in this 1 day! You certainly made the most of it. :thumbsup2
Ok, I hope I can go for the weekend at least. Even if the SO can't come I want to come. PCB was great. I love spending time with Corey's family, we are super close. Always fun with his nephew around.

Whoops! I didn't realize your last thread (your Vinylmation TR) was already closed, so I typed up comments and couldn't post 'em. Gonna post them here! I've had this TR bookmarked for quite some time, so I will definitely catch up at one point!

I didn't realize you couldn't add comments on them once they were closed! I guess I didn't even realize it was closed!

Love all that DTD merchandise! Even though I probably wouldn't purchase a lot of it either, it's still so much fun to see what they offer. I always want to get one of those Disney scarves, but I don't think I can pull off one of those thinner scarves in warmer weather.

Me neither! I am not a scarf person in the colder weather to begin with, so I don't think I can do the light scarves. It just looked weird on me.

I've never been to Dstreet because it's just so far away from where we usually are. I heard that it was a lot smaller than expected. My cousins walked all the way there just to trade, and during our recent December trip, my husband went there too when I was resting in the room due to being sick. It's nice knowing that they will have the trade box there even though the ones in the parks aren't as common as they used to be.

I will definitely have to go there to trade. I have a couple more that I want to trade and I just ordered two more from the disney store!

Even though you were upset that you got Flik, it is really awesome to know that you still have a Vinylmation to trade on your next trip! When we get too many good ones, Howard has to decide which ones to trade since his goal is to get more Star Wars or Pixar ones. Oh wait, I just saw that you were able to trade Flik already ... yay!
I love the Pixar ones too! any pixar one I like

How nice that you shared your Oreo Bon Bons with the CMs! I'd hate to waste the food too, and it must've been a nice treat for them!

I hope they enjoyed it. I basically had to force them into eating them! They probably aren't used to people giving them food, haha, especially a stranger.

This made me laugh, we had to make a stop at that playground too! Unfortunately they had the slide closed ::shrug:: which made DS very angry.

I love the I true of the guy in the Christmas tree outfit!

Was the pomegranate margarita worth it? I love the pomegranate lemonade they serve at a lot of restaurants maybe I need to try the margarita next year.

Have you has the raspberry piña colada? How does it compare?

I am finally caught up! I can't wait to read more!
The pomegranate margarita was good! It you would prefer a more basic one I would just get the ones in the stand outside.

No i haven't had that raspberry pina colada. Is that called a pina colava?If so, that looks good! I would like to try that one time. Maybe in July! I foresee a lot of cold drinks coming my way.

Hi Rachel :wave2: I just got done reading your solo trip report and now im reading this one. I have to say that i am enjoying them. Your pictures from Illuminations are beautiful. Looking forward to more :earsboy:

i've already told you but i love the illuminations shots! work it!

and speaking of working it....i want to put your jungle cruise guy on a shirt. or make him a jack in the box. he'd brighten my day EVERY DAY! :yay:

I think it is the piña colava! Oh and love the illumination shots. Especially the last one! We missed that this go around. I hope we can make it next year.

That's so sad that the Jungle Cruise skipper you had got fired! I look at the #castmember tag on IG all the time, and I have to say, some of the people that work for Disney don't put up very Disney-like things. I wonder if Disney has a rule against that or not? I personally don't care, I feel like it's your IG account, put up what you want, I was just wondering if Disney checks them or not when you work there! :confused3

Great updates! All caught up finally!

Epcot magic hours are the best, but I'm really mad that evening magic hours are only 2 hours instead of 3 now. The parks don't stay open late enough, as far as I'm concerned. :rotfl2:

You got some great pictures of Epcot that night! I love taking pictures of the parks at night, even though my pictures never come out that great since I don't have a real camera! :rotfl:

So you're going to WDW in July, are you still going in December do you think?

I'm in! :wave: I took the time and got caught up on your whole report. How fun so far! We stayed at POR in a Royal Room as well and loved them. I look forward to reading even more!

I also live in MN. :)

Okay, I've made progress...I got through Day One. :thumbsup2

I would have panicked with the weather and snow predictions myself. Living in Chicago, I was petrified we would get a snowstorm when we went this past December. Luckily, it was just really, really cold.

You must fill me in that charge thing for your Iphone. I really need to find me one of those.

FYI...I'm a Pepsi girl too.

Your room is beautiful. We no longer stay moderate, but when we did, we always stayed at the Coronado (ten times) and I always said the only other moderate I would try is POR-Riverside. Now, though, we always stay at DVC by renting points.

We were not impressed with Brown Derby when we went in 2007. Service was awful, sent our food back twice and Mark hated the grapefruit cake.

It's funny how we all get annoyed with teenagers when we were all them once. But I certainly understand your anger and agree with you wholeheartedly, especially after dealing with the Pop Warner kids in December.

You got great pictures of TOT though.

And I love Emme's Tinkerbell baby...so cute.

Isn't fun meeting someone from the DIS and then taking a trip with them? I can't wait for mine in 9 days.

I'll be back for Day 2 tomorrow. :goodvibes

Hi all! I realized I left out a very "interesting" story at the end of my last chapter. It involved bodily functions and it was gross. It is right at the end of my last chapter!:)

Hi Rachel :wave2: I just got done reading your solo trip report and now im reading this one. I have to say that i am enjoying them. Your pictures from Illuminations are beautiful. Looking forward to more :earsboy:
Hi!! Thanks so much for reading along! I really appreciate it.
i've already told you but i love the illuminations shots! work it!

and speaking of working it....i want to put your jungle cruise guy on a shirt. or make him a jack in the box. he'd brighten my day EVERY DAY! :yay:
He would brighten my day too, too bad he got fired!!!
Awesome update! :)
Thank you!!!
I think it is the piña colava! Oh and love the illumination shots. Especially the last one! We missed that this go around. I hope we can make it next year.
Thanks so much! By the way I realized I put the wrong margarita in there! I had the blood orange one, not the pomegranate. The blood orange was good and not as expensive as the pom!
Subscribing...will be back to catch up. :goodvibes
Yay!!! thanks for reading!!
That's so sad that the Jungle Cruise skipper you had got fired! I look at the #castmember tag on IG all the time, and I have to say, some of the people that work for Disney don't put up very Disney-like things. I wonder if Disney has a rule against that or not? I personally don't care, I feel like it's your IG account, put up what you want, I was just wondering if Disney checks them or not when you work there! :confused3

Great updates! All caught up finally!

Epcot magic hours are the best, but I'm really mad that evening magic hours are only 2 hours instead of 3 now. The parks don't stay open late enough, as far as I'm concerned. :rotfl2:

You got some great pictures of Epcot that night! I love taking pictures of the parks at night, even though my pictures never come out that great since I don't have a real camera! :rotfl:

So you're going to WDW in July, are you still going in December do you think?
I agree that they shouldn't be looking at that. It is your personal account and they can't fire you for that. I hope it wasn't because of that. I am not sure if I am still coming in December. I don't think my boyfriend would come but I still want to come. I sure hope so. I am sort of mad about the PM EMH too. Not that I really ever made it to the close of the park, maybe Epcot, but I just feel like they are constantly finding ways to cut costs. I have only been going to Disney since 2008 but I just feel like sometimes I got a lot more then for less money. I still love it though.

I'm in! :wave: I took the time and got caught up on your whole report. How fun so far! We stayed at POR in a Royal Room as well and loved them. I look forward to reading even more!

I also live in MN. :)
Thanks so much for reading!! Do you live in Minneapolis? I live in Eden Prairie.
Okay, I've made progress...I got through Day One. :thumbsup2

I would have panicked with the weather and snow predictions myself. Living in Chicago, I was petrified we would get a snowstorm when we went this past December. Luckily, it was just really, really cold.
Yes, Chicago is bad too! I was so nervous that my flight was going to be delayed. The weather was so bad. I was soo upset thinking I would miss Disney.
You must fill me in that charge thing for your Iphone. I really need to find me one of those.

FYI...I'm a Pepsi girl too.
Thanks for drinking Pepsi! I will post a link to the one I have. It is just a device that you charge and then you can charge your iphone right from that. It is awesome! No trying to find outlets.
Your room is beautiful. We no longer stay moderate, but when we did, we always stayed at the Coronado (ten times) and I always said the only other moderate I would try is POR-Riverside. Now, though, we always stay at DVC by renting points.
I would like to try Coronado too! Also want to try renting points. I don't think buying would be good for me right now but I would like to rent.
We were not impressed with Brown Derby when we went in 2007. Service was awful, sent our food back twice and Mark hated the grapefruit cake.
OUr service was bad too! Our server was sooo unfriendly
It's funny how we all get annoyed with teenagers when we were all them once. But I certainly understand your anger and agree with you wholeheartedly, especially after dealing with the Pop Warner kids in December.
Oh I am sure I was a PITA when I was that age! lol! I was a rebellious child. I deserved to be smacked plenty of times! haha.
You got great pictures of TOT though.

And I love Emme's Tinkerbell baby...so cute.

Isn't fun meeting someone from the DIS and then taking a trip with them? I can't wait for mine in 9 days.

I'll be back for Day 2 tomorrow. :goodvibes
Yes it is so nice that we met in January and then went on this trip! I love meeting people that love disney. It is just instant friendship. No one else understands it. Have fun on your trip if I don't speak to you before then!

I will watch for the link, thanks. :)

http://www.qvc.com/HALO-2800mAh-Pocket-Power-Charger-for-Cellphones-&-Electronics.product.E223301.html?sc=E223301-&cm_sp=VIEWPOSITION-_-3-_-E223301&catentryImage=http://images-p.qvc.com/is/image/e/01/e223301.001?$uslarge$

This is what I have. It is a halo charger from qvc. There are other brands out there too but this is what I have!

Shoot I don't think link worked! Just go on QVC.com and search Halo. It is a halo power pocket charger that comes in lots of colors

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter