• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

"It's Time for the MONORAIL PUB CRAWL!" April 2013 Trip Report**COMPLETE 7/14

Today was our Magic Kingdom day. I was very hesitant to have MK be on a Saturday because my last Saturday at MK was a nightmare and I vowed never to do MK on a Saturday again.

We had a breakfast ADR at Chef Mickey's at 7:05 but planned on getting there a little later. We actually contemplated not going there but then decided that we should go so we got ready.

We didn't get out of the door until about 9:30!!

Emme was wearing her princess dress to meet the princesses! She was scared to stand on this ledge because she thought she was going to fall in.

Our walk to the bus stop was freaking gorgeous. Walking along this river was soo beautiful and peaceful. Green is glorious! I was used to white/black snow!

Waiting for the bus! I hate how there isn't any lines at the moderates or deluxe. We weren't even there first but got in first because we waited right at the stop.

Pretty pretty princess!

We got on the bus at 9:47 and I got a spot in the back. I was doing stroller duty. She has a city mini stroller I think and that thing is nice but heavy. I don't know how she does it alone.

We got off at MK and walked to Chef Mickey's. We witnessed a family that parked at the Contemporary to go to MK and when they were walking out the guard said that they weren't allowed to park there. They were like, " We aren't allowed to park here even if we are staying at a disney hotel??" The guard said nope but they still didn't move their car. Hopefully they got towed.

Emme got a balloon when we got in the elevator to go up the Chef Mickey's. It was a yellow Pooh balloon.

We got sat at 10:15 for our 7:05 no questions asked and didn't get any charge on our card for a no show. So don't stress about being late is the morale of the story.

I really liked our picture. I am not going to buy the picture they try to sell you so they took one with mine.

I really liked how it turned out.

Next up: Breakfast at Chef Mickey's

We got sat at a half booth along the wall. A very nice spot!

Love this pic :)

First plate.

This has smoked salmon, scrambled eggs, sausage, potatoes, cheesy potatoes, and a mickey waffle with caramel sauce.

Loved the smoked salmon and the eggs. Surprisingly their fake eggs tasted really good. I also loved their cheesy potatoes. They were how 1900's potatoes were last time! Super good and cheesy.

However, my favorite thing on my plate was the MICKEY WAFFLE!!! Wow, it was soo good!! I think I only had one mickey waffle before and it wasn't good but it was a chocolate one. I just assumed I didn't like mickey waffles. However, this was sooo good. It was slightly undercooked and just warm and tasty. So good! Especially good with a little caramel sauce on it.

Some fruit!! Love my fruit at buffets.

Character time! Mickey, Minnie, Goofy, Pluto, and Donald come. I wore my mickey shirt just for mickey! We had a very very rowdy bunch by us. They were loving the characters. We also had a british family next to us. I love british people.

Then I went up for my next plate. More amazing mickey waffles, awesome cheesy potatoes and a new thing of a quiche covered in salsa. That was actually good. I love salsa and eggs.

More characters.

I wanted to tell Minnie I had a crush on her husband. Haha, would that be wrong??

I love Pluto's dog tag.

He has a fun signature.

Next I went up the buffet and took some buffet pics. Since I am not with my boyfriend I can do embarassing things like that.

Oatmeal with toppings

Fruit, smoked salmon, cottage cheese, yogurt

More fruit

Biscuits and gravy and then that quiche (Patty do you remember what it was called?)

Cheesy potatoes, breakfast potatoes and breakfast meats.

Mickey waffles, pancakes, fruit, butter

Eggs..with other random stuff

Desserts

All in all it was a great breakfast. I found my unknown love for mickey waffles and finally had good cheesy potatoes. Characters are great here and it is just a fun place!

My sister and I ate at Chef Mickey's a couple years ago and it was our first time going there. Glad you had a good time!

Aww Emme looks so cute in her princess dress.

Yeah, I don't get the free-for-all bus layout at the moderates up.

I may have to eat there once just for a pic of Mickey in the chef's outfit. :goodvibes

It's good to know that you weren't penalized for being late. Sometimes getting out of the door on time is tough.

Your food looks amazing! mmmm! Chef Mickey's is always on my "next time" list. I definitely have to give it a try!

My husband too would be so embarrassed by me taking pictures of the buffets. They just don't get it, do they? ha! ;)

I don't live in Minneapolis but way down in the corner of the state. Nothing fun happens down here! :upsidedow

:debwalk:yHi, I was at the MK on the 13th..We ate at the Crystal Palace that morning. The park was not crowded at all in the morning. The parade and Wishes is just to crowded for the amount of people that want to watch.

It all looks so yummy. I live the first photo!
It was yummy! Thanks! I like that photo too
My sister and I ate at Chef Mickey's a couple years ago and it was our first time going there. Glad you had a good time!
I really liked it! I want to do it again soon!
Thanks for joining in!
Wonderful pics! :)
Thanks again!
Aww Emme looks so cute in her princess dress.

Yeah, I don't get the free-for-all bus layout at the moderates up.

I may have to eat there once just for a pic of Mickey in the chef's outfit. :goodvibes
Haha i know! I love to have pics with Mickey in all of his outfits. I am eating at Tusker House in July and I can't wait to get a pic of him in his safari gear!
Aww, how cute does Emme look in her dress

I am envious of her fabulous wardrobe! ;)
Haha i know! People even make her custom dresses! How lucky!
It's good to know that you weren't penalized for being late. Sometimes getting out of the door on time is tough.

Your food looks amazing! mmmm! Chef Mickey's is always on my "next time" list. I definitely have to give it a try!

My husband too would be so embarrassed by me taking pictures of the buffets. They just don't get it, do they? ha! ;)

I don't live in Minneapolis but way down in the corner of the state. Nothing fun happens down here! :upsidedow
Yes, it was hard getting out the door! I was so tired that morning I just couldn't get out bed. It was amazing and great for a breakfast! No men don't get it!
:debwalk:yHi, I was at the MK on the 13th..We ate at the Crystal Palace that morning. The park was not crowded at all in the morning. The parade and Wishes is just to crowded for the amount of people that want to watch.
We got there about 11 i think! It wasn't horrible that day thankfully.

I believe we left Chef Mickey's about 11am.

Here is the balloon that we got.

We went to Magic kingdom via monorail.

Patty and I :)

The first thing we did when we got to Magic Kingdom was get fastpasses to see the princesses. Since we didn't have breakfast with them we needed to fastpass it up! Our fastpasses were for 1:10-2:10.

Main Street!! Um...I just noticed there is a boy without a shirt on in the lower right corner! What is wrong with people??

We stopped in the gift shop with the Dooney's because I reallly wanted a Dooney and wanted to look in there. I didn't buy one though. With my new 10% off annual pass discount I wanted to get it. Emme ended up getting a watch that was super cute. I looked at the pins forever and really contemplated getting some pins and a lanyard. I already collect vinylmations so why not pins!?? Alas, I didn't get any pins! But that doesn't mean that I don't get some this trip;)

Outside we saw a balloon vendor and Patty was wearing her mickey balloon shirt so she wanted the perfect photo opp holding the bunch of balloons! But they don't let you hold the balloons yourself so the vendor held onto them while she held on too! I love this picture!

It was already super hot today and my back was already dripping sweat.

I found this scrim on Main Street!

And then we saw the castle!

At this point we were getting real sick of the balloon. It kept smacking Patty in the face. So we hung it on a rail in hopes that a kid would find it!

We had a destination to get it, we were just a little late, and that destination was Enchanted Tales with Belle!

I was afraid I would see an hour wait but it was only 40 minutes, so we waited.

It was absolutely sweltering the line.

We got into the house which provided a little relief.

Emme was intrigued with this hot chocolate in the cup.

And then after she touched it she licked her finger! Probably to taste it! I was like Emme no don't do that! And then she got a little weepy and ran off and hid behind her mom. Haha, Patty said she doesn't like people yelling at her. She just wanted to taste the hot chocolate!

She got over it though!

Then we got into Maurice's workshop. I made sure we had a front row seat for the magical transformation.

they go into a big spiel about the magic mirror that was given to maurice from the beast so he can visit belle. And then you have to say something and the enchanted door opens!

Such a cool effect!!!

Next up: Belle's Storytime

I had made up my mind that I would volunteer if not all of the roles were filled. I really wanted my picture taken with Belle's new dress!

I am pretty sure the first time I saw this the wardrobe's eyes weren't working. Now they were though!

Luckily I didn't have to volunteer because Emme volunteered! She raised her hand to be in a part and she got to be the salt shaker.

So since Emme was in it we made a mad dash into the library to get front row. We wanted the prime picture spot!

All the little volunteers got to sit on the floor in the front.

Then Belle came out!

And begins her wonderful story!

I do like her dress but I am not entirely sure of the crushed velvet look.

Then it was Emme's turn.

Cutest little salt shaker ever!

The beast was so cute. He was sooooo shy!

Then all of the people that were in it get their picture taken and talk to Belle briefly. It is very cute when there are cute little kids in there, like Emme.

She got a bookmark from her.

Haha, running to show her mom the bookmark.

All in all it was a great experience. I liked it the first time I saw it but wasn't blown away. This time I was blown away. It really makes a difference when you know someone in the little set. If your kids are outgoing make sure they volunteer for this. It really steps up the experience. Plus it is the only way you can get a picture with belle, which I still think is weird.

I just love the inside of the Contemporary. So much nostalgia.

I've been trying so hard to stay away from pin collecting. OMG I would be broke in no time.

That line for Enchanted Tales is going to be BRUTAL this summer with the heat.

I think a lot of people get thrown by the fact that it's not a full on meet and greet. I can totally see having a little one in the show would really enhance the experience. So cute.

Haha! I love that you tied the annoying balloon to the rail. I love balloons but don't want to carry one around a park all day either. :rotfl:

I haven't had a chance to see the new Belle experience. It looks neat!

i'm all caught up! fantastic pictures.

man, we did a lot during this trip!! i'm exhausting just reading! ::yes::

Great updates!

I really want to go the enchanted tales with belle... I don't have kids with me so I want to volunteer! Were adults part of it too?

We haven't done the Enchantd Tales with Belle yet. I hope to do whne we go in September. DD wasn't really interested in it, but I think it is because she doesn't know what it really is. I want to do it. Plus, we have an ADR for BOG as well. So we will get to experience all of that, I hope.

I love Belle's dress. That is so weird you can't take pictures otherwise.
I love the sparkles on the new dress, I just wish it was a bit more darker and not so pale yellow.
I just love the inside of the Contemporary. So much nostalgia.

I've been trying so hard to stay away from pin collecting. OMG I would be broke in no time.

That line for Enchanted Tales is going to be BRUTAL this summer with the heat.

I think a lot of people get thrown by the fact that it's not a full on meet and greet. I can totally see having a little one in the show would really enhance the experience. So cute.
Ugh yeah I have bought so many pins since I got home. Soon you will get to see my pins I bought.

Haha! I love that you tied the annoying balloon to the rail. I love balloons but don't want to carry one around a park all day either. :rotfl:

I haven't had a chance to see the new Belle experience. It looks neat!
It is pretty neat! I enjoy it. I like how it is whole experience. It isn't perfect but pretty good!
i'm all caught up! fantastic pictures.

man, we did a lot during this trip!! i'm exhausting just reading! ::yes::
We did do a lot but it was awesome! I loved it!
Great updates!

I really want to go the enchanted tales with belle... I don't have kids with me so I want to volunteer! Were adults part of it too?
Yes they pick some adults! I feel like they always pick adult men for the soldiers and any adult can volunteer. I think you would be fine as adults. I liked it with no kids too! I just stayed in the back.
We haven't done the Enchantd Tales with Belle yet. I hope to do whne we go in September. DD wasn't really interested in it, but I think it is because she doesn't know what it really is. I want to do it. Plus, we have an ADR for BOG as well. So we will get to experience all of that, I hope.
Yeah I think she would like it alot! Would she volunteer? It seems like she is a pretty outgoing little girl!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter