It's NEVER Too Late, for Number 8 - the most UNOFFICIAL, 'official' AKL thread yet!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is the latest list of everyone visiting in 2012 and the upcoming dates for 2013.

If you have any updates please let me know...

October
jenny105, Sept 30th - 7th, AKV Jambo House
miprender, 4th - 8th, WLV
suetoo, 6th - 12th, AKL Kidani VIllage
Missyrose, 6th - 12th, Jambo House
DisneyMom1983, 6th - 14th, AKV
PNO4TE, 7th - 14th, Dolphin
RachelTori, 7th, Art of Animation
DoryDorito, 7th - 13th, AKL
RachelTori, 8th - 12th, BCV
John's Mom, 10th - 14th, AKV Kidani
DisneyBride'03, 11th - 15th, still deciding...
TyRy, 12th - 14th - still deciding
RachelTori, 12th - 14th, Dolphin
RachelTori, 14th -17th, AKL-CL
rentayenta, 14th - 19th, SSR or THV
maryj11, 14th - 19th, CBR or AKL Still deciding.
TyRy, 14th - 20th, BWV
Karlzmom, 16th -26th, AKL
franandaj 17th - 18th, VWL
kaylie&laurensmom 17th - 21st, AKV CL
dolphingirl47, 17th - 21st, BWV
rentayenta, 19th - 24th, AKV
YoYoAurora, 20th - 27th, AKV CL
kaylie&laurensmom 21st - 25th. AKV CL (waitlisted)
sctigger, 21st - 17th, AKL
PrincessMer, 27th - 30th, AKL
AquaDame, 28th - Nov 3rd, Jambo House

November
AquaDame, Oct 28th - 3rd, Jambo House
anjalee6, 2nd - 5th, AKL
AquaDame, 3rd - 11th, Fantasy
Twoboysnmygirl, 5th - 8th, AKL
DaisynDonald, 6th - 15th, AKL CL
kerriemiller, 9th -17th, Jambo House
dolphingirl47, 10th - 17th, Disney Magic
jojo9610, 17th - 24th, Kidani Village
dolphingirl47, 17th to 21st, BWV
goofy4mykids, 17th - 27th, AKV CL
dolphingirl47, 21st - 27th, Old Key West
luvindisneyworld, 25th - 30th, AKL CL
John's Mom, 25th- 30th, Pop Century
franandaj, 25th - Dec 2nd, DCL

December
franandaj, Nov 25th - 2nd, DCL
scotlass, 1st - 15th, AKL
Tltorrez, 3rd - 15th, AKV Kidani
Pinkocto, 6th - 11th, OKW
jessc79, 6th - 14th, AKV
pilferk, 6th - 15th, AKV
kellyg403, 10th - 15th, AKL
pequele, 15th -27th, AKV Kidani
RachelTori, 20th -26th, Dolphin, Drinking to the End of the World

January
swimchick1984, 5th - 13th, AKL CL
Trublu, 21st - 28th, AKL - Jambo House
franandaj 30th - Feb 4th, AKV

February
franandaj Jan 30th - 4th, AKV, Savannah View
franandaj 4th - 7th, BLT
Wendypooh, 9th - 14th, BLT
prodri1, 11th - 17th, Somewhere
wendypooh, 14th - 17th, Kidani
Athenna, 21st - 23rd, AKV
Athenna, 23rd - Mar 1st, AKV CL

March
Pinkocto, 16th - 19th, Jambo House CL

April
franandaj, 19th - 21st, VGC
missy120, 26th - May 4th, Kidani Village Savannah view

May
missy120, April 26th - 4th, Kidani Village Savannah view
t_daniels, 7th - 13th, AKL
Wendypooh, 18th -June 4th, Aulani
dolphingirl47, 20th - 27th, Disney Wonder West Coast Repositioning
dolphingirl47, 27th - June 2nd, Disney Wonder Alaska

June
wendypooh, May 18th - 4th, Aulani
Nutty4Disney, 2nd - 8th, AKV Kidani Village

July
sharon78, 8th-18th, AKL
Z28KatCar, 18th - Aug1st, AKL CL

August
Z28KatCar, July 18th - 1st, AKL CL

September

Afternoon J's & K's - hope everyone is well!!! As you know we're off to see the little man soon. IF we get moved, could some PLEASE PM me!!! I agree with Pilferk, been through this too many times............ and we are NOT the official FAQ thread!! However, I agree with Laura, when ANYONE comes here seeking info - someone ALWAYS tries to give the most update, accurate info. Anywhoooo............

hope everyone enjoys the day!!

:goodvibes

Can anyone tell me where the DVC rooms are at the Jambo House . I have the map, but I can't figure out where the DCV savanna studio rooms are. and which floor to request is better. TIA

I agree!:thumbsup2 I think this has happened several times in the last couple of years.

Kimmar can probably recite the history of these threads chapter and verse. She's had to interact with the mods on more than one occasion on the subject.

I'd just like a consistent policy, consistently applied.

The main root of the problem is this:

The FAQ thread gets abandoned by whoever was maintaining it. It loses eyeballs. People ask questions there and don't get answers because nobody is paying attention to it anymore, and they see our very active thread and think "Hey..they can probably help!".

And I know that many of us have been loathe, community board or resort board, to tell those folks to go somewhere else to get AKL info because this is a "lite" thread. So we help them out, when we can. It seems to work out for everyone involved (though, admittedly, the people looking for info have to wade through some chat to find their answers).

Im sorry- Main Lodge??:confused:.
Does anyone have pictures from the outside of the room from the inside of the main lodge??(if you know what I mean).
5th floor(oh my:faint:), I'll be ok as long as I can see trees , if it's not too far off :bitelip:.

Im sorry- Main Lodge??:confused:.
Does anyone have pictures from the outside of the room from the inside of the main lodge??(if you know what I mean).
5th floor(oh my:faint:), I'll be ok as long as I can see trees , if it's not too far off :bitelip:.

Main Lodge is the common term for Jambo House. With the building of Kidani Village (the 2nd, DVC dedicated) building...Jambo got the common "nickname" of "Main Lodge". Don't worry, there's no outbuildings like there are at the Poly, GF, or Contemp.

For pics..you mean like of the door? Or the hallways? Or of the main lobby area? The hallways are quite long..so you can't necessarily see the lobby from your room.

The main lobby is actually on the 3rd floor, itself. You're not all THAT high up. :) The lower rooms offer a more intimate view of the animals (or the pool...and the humans... depending on which category of villa you're in). The upper floors offer a much more panoramic view of the animals (and a nice seperation, IMHO, from the pool hub ub..again, depending on the category you booked).

Pilferk,
I have a savanna view studio (DVC). I just what I'm asking is if by the 5th floor, would you see all the way down (looking over a railing)to the lobby area, or are the hallways have inside interior. Pictures just give me a better idea of what it looks like going to your room. Are the rooms nice(beds??).TIA

Pilferk,
I have a savanna view studio (DVC). I just what I'm asking is if by the 5th floor, would you see all the way down (looking over a railing)to the lobby area, or are the hallways have inside interior. Pictures just give me a better idea of what it looks like going to your room. Are the rooms nice(beds??).TIA

Likely your room wont' be near the lobby...so no, probably not able to see all the way down to the lobby. The only area where there are railings to see into the lobby (overlook) is right around the lobby. Most rooms are off of interior hallways.

Here's a map of the resort...might give you a better idea of what I"m talking about.

ResortMap-1.jpg

The rooms are VERY nice, IMHO. I don't have pictures of a studio to show you..but I have some pics of the general resort and the 1 BR units. They're below:

The Lobby from the 5th floor (off of a suspension bridge that spans it at that level):
DSC_0219.jpg

The 1BR Livingroom (excuse the tired child):
DSC_0007.jpg

Part of the Kitchen:
DSC_0018.jpg

One half of the Master Bedroom:
DSC_0009.jpg

The other half of the Master Bedrom:
DSC_0010.jpg

Laundry (outside the bathroom):
DSC_0008.jpg

Part of the Bathroom:
DSC_0017.jpg

The tub:
DSC_0015.jpg

Better shot of the kitchen (excuse the grocery mess):
DSC_0006.jpg

Dining area (open concept..between Livingroom and kitchen):
DSC_0001.jpg

View from our room at night (outside balcony), looking back toward the lobby:
DSC_0030.jpg

Picture from our balcony (using a zoom, FYI):
DSC_0191-1.jpg

Picture of the Jambo hallways (not mine):
AKL%20hallway.JPG

They're not REALLY as dark as the picture makes them look. :)

There's also glassed in sections of the hallways which look out over the savanna, too. The "light at the end of the tunnel", in the picture, is one such area.

We have HAD a studio...as part of a 2 BR lockoff (they put a 1BR and studio together to get the 2BR unit)..but only at Kidani. The furnishings were similar. The bathroom is smaller (no jacuzzi tub),and you do get a little kitchenette area (sink, microwave, mini-fridge). Again, IMHO, very nice.

Pilferk,
There is no way I could get near the suspension bridge Area. I would need to avoid that at all costs( I'm a chicken). I love all of your pictures and the hallway looks great and the rooms are bigger than what I thought they would be. Thank you for sharing :thumbsup2.

tigger2ntinkerbell

Pilferk,
There is no way I could get near the suspension bridge Area. I would need to avoid that at all costs( I'm a chicken). I love all of your pictures and the hallway looks great and the rooms are bigger than what I thought they would be. Thank you for sharing :thumbsup2.

tigger2ntinkerbell

You don't need to get anywhere near the suspension bridge, if you don't want to! You can walk around the outside "hallway" type space. The bridge is really more of a "cool" element, rather than a necessary functional one.

Keep in mind, the pictures are of a one bedroom unit...which is roughly the size of 2 studios put together. The studios are smaller (roughly the space you see in the kitchen/dining/LR area..but laid out in a more traditional "hotel room" type set up).

Can I just ask... what on earth did they do to the beautiful doors on the television armoires??? They ruined them!

Anyone know what I'm talking about?

Can I just ask... what on earth did they do to the beautiful doors on the television armoires??? They ruined them!

Anyone know what I'm talking about?

..I know exactly what you are talking about....are they scratched? Did they sand them down? :confused3

..I know exactly what you are talking about....are they scratched? Did they sand them down? :confused3

They completely removed the doors to fit a wider tv inside. :sad1: I wish I'd taken a picture.

I have one of the armoires in my living room that I'd bought from mouse surplus on ebay. I've always loved those things! Anyway, we were able to remove some side shelving in order to put in a 40" tv without butchering the doors. Personally, I would have preferred to have a smaller tv than to lose the doors.

Kimmar can probably recite the history of these threads chapter and verse. She's had to interact with the mods on more than one occasion on the subject.

I'd just like a consistent policy, consistently applied.

The main root of the problem is this:

The FAQ thread gets abandoned by whoever was maintaining it. It loses eyeballs. People ask questions there and don't get answers because nobody is paying attention to it anymore, and they see our very active thread and think "Hey..they can probably help!".

And I know that many of us have been loathe, community board or resort board, to tell those folks to go somewhere else to get AKL info because this is a "lite" thread. So we help them out, when we can. It seems to work out for everyone involved (though, admittedly, the people looking for info have to wade through some chat to find their answers).

...if folks want 'facts and JUST the facts', they should just.........oh, never mind.

If I truly believed that this was NOT a FAQ thread, I certainly wouldn't bother to research and set up the first post on each new thread, but I guess that somehow doesn't count. Not pointing any fingers, but the basic info is right there; if someone needs a FURTHER explanation, or a more explicit one, then they should certainly direct that question to one of the loyal 'regulars', who, I'm SURE will be more than delighted to answer in a timely basis....

...okay, vent over, and let's continue with the HONEST and EXPEDIENT Jambo and Kidani info......:thumbsup2

Disney Animal Kingdom Lodge Room Layout

disney-animal-kingdom-lodge-layout.jpg

Kindly refrain from getting off-topic please.....:thumbsup2 We now return you to our regularly scheduled program....

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter